Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.93 Discussion

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Idk why any of us think this time will be different. I'm seriously convinced that SV is some ancient cabal of dark sorcerers using this game to generate anger among people. Because they've been doing this for years with their absolutely short bus way of balance and game design.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelzyr

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Crafting benches for Jungle Camp. Nice! Someone already checked which ones? All?

Reactions: Xunila

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
You seem very clueless about what ur mentioning. People "cried" about them fixing unlimited weight on horses, because they fixed it WITHOUT ADDING HORSEBAGS, you were playing for a week straight with no possibility of transporting or gathering materials.

INT scaling is NOT a fix, its a change, something you are also clueless about. There was nothing to "fix" here and people are obviously complaining cause in its current state its retarded compared to the old system.

Chill bro... chill. I know they fixed unlimited weight without adding horsebags. I'm sure it was a very tough week for you.

You think there was nothing to fix with int scores betwen 50 and 100 all giving the exact same amount of bonus damage?

I am not saying their changes are all good or perfect. Just that they released a patch, during a closed beta, with about 1000 bug fixes, new features like horsebags, a buttload of new material visuals for armor and weapons, and ALL anyone is doing in this thread is freaking out and saying the game is doa.

This. Is. A. Beta. Give helpful feedback and go outside if the game changes temporarily in a way you don't like for a week.

Reactions: Olympeus

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
Great patch to be honest. I understand why people are strong in their reaction to Int changes, I was about to re-roll into a dex hybrid and still intend too as I want to try each style out to have a full idea of the games combat.

Keep in mind this is a beta, this is exactly the time for them to play around and try different things to archive the game they have in mind, not everybody is going to be happy when their playstyle has it good and then is tweaked, nobody likes being nerfed.

If the changes to Int and quick swings are poor changes (I haven't looked into or played much magic or hybrid atm so I won't say from lack of experience) make strong intelligent arguments. SV has done a great job of listening to feed back. If all you do is cuss them out and complain about your preferred play style being nerfed in a beta instead of voicing your opinion in a intelligent well written way then you're not going to see a change.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Great patch to be honest. I understand why people are strong in their reaction to Int changes, I was about to re-roll into a dex hybrid and still intend too as I want to try each style out to have a full idea of the games combat.

Keep in mind this is a beta, this is exactly the time for them to play around and try different things to archive the game they have in mind, not everybody is going to be happy when their playstyle has it good and then is tweaked, nobody likes being nerfed.

If the changes to Int and quick swings are poor changes (I haven't looked into or played much magic or hybrid atm so I won't say from lack of experience) make strong intelligent arguments. SV has done a great job of listening to feed back. If all you do is cuss them out and complain about your preferred play style being nerfed in a beta instead of voicing your opinion in a intelligent well written way then you're not going to see a change.

Hear hear. So funny that when I see "New member" I'm much more likely to see a well thought out reasonable post. Wonder what that means. =)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Chill bro... chill. I know they fixed unlimited weight without adding horsebags. I'm sure it was a very tough week for you.

You think there was nothing to fix with int scores betwen 50 and 100 all giving the exact same amount of bonus damage?

I am not saying their changes are all good or perfect. Just that they released a patch, during a closed beta, with about 1000 bug fixes, new features like horsebags, a buttload of new material visuals for armor and weapons, and ALL anyone is doing in this thread is freaking out and saying the game is doa.

This. Is. A. Beta. Give helpful feedback and go outside if the game changes temporarily in a way you don't like for a week.
Nevertheless it’s pretty stunning that sv would opt to harm 50-60 Intel builds and bulging sheevras and opt to leave only two viable builds dex and fat mage.

bulging sheevras from the very limited testing I’ve done hit like prepatch dex mages at the moment.

SV had a lot of rationed feedback to really understand what people were asking for in the int curve and that was a buff to 50-116 and leave everything else the same. They haven't done that unfortunately and they rightly have gotten criticism for it.

Reactions: MolagAmur

Sakmakiel

Apr 3, 2021
if you want to fuck over hybrids then yes its a great patch. it fucks over dex-mages aswell though. with this new scaling you will need to have around 100 int to any considerable healing/damage. these points need to come from somewhere, so you either need to get less stamina, less speed, or less mana/mana regen, or keep your low int and do no heal/dmg. or spread out your points and do shit performance overall.
What do you mean “fucks over hybrids”? In your sight 50 int should make the same profit like 100? Is this a joke?
New int curve is like it should be in the beginning. This is normal. And thanks devs, they finally fix old stupid system.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Decreased the quick charge attack damage.

wut
There was an increasingly popular fighting tactic with bone or flake swords that allowed you to get a free hit during your enemies parry attack, and still have time to parry their attack. They just left clicked and didn't charge at all and because of the weight of the weapon it blocked super fast. Problem was it was doing near the same dmg as full charge swings.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Why did they change self targeting?
If it's because of the hot key bar why not make that customisable like MO1, already I have to put things on 2 bars if I want to use them while sprinting

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
What do you mean “fucks over hybrids”? In your sight 50 int should make the same profit like 100? Is this a joke?
New int curve is like it should be in the beginning. This is normal. And thanks devs, they finally fix old stupid system.
The issue is that they should have started with a higher base and then ease off as the int gets closer to 120

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Decreased the quick charge attack damage.

wut

It was broken how people were spamming light weapons like flake/bone/cronite swords and spears without charging them and doing almost full damage.

Apart from that I miss the parry counterattack speed from MO1, now is an endless parry parry on dueling.

But that's it, only for dueling, on real group fights its not even an issue at all.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
It was broken how people were spamming light weapons like flake/bone/cronite swords and spears without charging them and doing almost full damage.

Apart from that I miss the parry counterattack speed from MO1, now is an endless parry parry on dueling.

But that's it, only for dueling, on real group fights its not even an issue at all.
All duels now is like watching 2 European players dueling in MO1

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Int change is perfect and I tell you why:

You dont go around swinging a sword with 50 str and doing 5x dmg, right? Don't expect to go around with 50 int and do slightly the same dmg than a mage with 120 is doing, because the difference wasn't noticeable.

Now there is a curve and it's linear and each point you invest costs.

And please, stop saying that fat mages got a 15% dmg increase: they didn't.

It's just that the int curve is fixed and now their dmg is consistent, unlike before.

You have all the data you need around, the int curve was clearly wrong before, it wasn't even a curve, it was a flat line from 50-120. If you all had that with Strength you wouldn't even be playing.

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
All duels now is like watching 2 European players dueling in MO1

I mean now on group fights the system works very nice and you dont have now that dude spamming a cronite sword on the group fight pushing alone all the enemy team which didnt make any sense.

Duels are still slow now and even more slow but who cares tbh? its only for fun or training not even the meta of mortal pvp.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I mean now on group fights the system works very nice and you dont have now that dude spamming a cronite sword on the group fight pushing alone all the enemy team which didnt make any sense.

Duels are still slow now and even more slow but who cares tbh? its only for fun or training not even the meta of mortal pvp.

Just like rl, duels are slow, deliberate and measured, very defensive. Group fights are chaotic and messy. =)

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
Just like rl, duels are slow, deliberate and measured, very defensive. Group fights are chaotic and messy. =)

You can be the best parry wore on nave and then last 5 seconds on a group fight.

I like first group fights balanced and then after that we can start talking about duels and maybe speed them up without that affecting whole footfight pvp.

Grack

Aug 28, 2020
There was an increasingly popular fighting tactic with bone or flake swords that allowed you to get a free hit during your enemies parry attack, and still have time to parry their attack. They just left clicked and didn't charge at all and because of the weight of the weapon it blocked super fast. Problem was it was doing near the same dmg as full charge swings.

I'm not totally against it, later on when metal armors or better scale armours are the norm only light steel and Cron weapons will be viable to maintain that style which is arguably only useful 1v1. If you’re still able to land 3-5hp hits against steel Armor with slight steel swords or Cron I lean more towards being for it. It basically means the people who enjoy or are confident duellist will carry two swords, a light and a group fighting weapon which is kind of cool to be honest, that you know there are these guys who're able to play a fast duellist style if they need to, it creates more opportunities for unique notoriety