Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.93 Discussion

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Haven't played in a couple weeks, was waiting for this patch....appears I'll be waiting for the next one then. Int scaling sounds like the complete opposite to what I was thinking it was going to be, the random melee nerf is a bit wtf too.

Everything else seems good, but the combat changes are poopy.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Oof. If I stay here any longer I will die from desiccation cause of all the salt.

Expected this to be an appreciation thread, lol.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Oof. If I stay here any longer I will die from desiccation cause of all the salt.

Expected this to be an appreciation thread, lol.

It's my experience. The first in are the people who're older players just kinda reading the patch notes and reacting to things or logging in and being like "WHAT?" without actually hanging out in game for a while and seeing what it's like overall.

Everyone else is just in the game kicking the tires, excited there's a new patch, and then filter in after a bit.

Reactions: Olympeus

Morwen

Mar 18, 2021
It's my experience. The first in are the people who're older players just kinda reading the patch notes and reacting to things or logging in and being like "WHAT?" without actually hanging out in game for a while and seeing what it's like overall.

Everyone else is just in the game kicking the tires, excited there's a new patch, and then filter in after a bit.

Yeah people complaining without even trying the patch are like wtf

Like on MO1 forums there were always those guys who would lurk the forum for years complaining to every single patch and not playing the game.

shill

Mar 24, 2021
Int curve change is actually good IMO. Why 50 INT hybrids should be able to heal 65-70% of high int mage (125+)?

Unless reason is you can use bow > melee then still be able to be quite effective healer after all.

Hitboxes for spells are improved (but not overdone still off target = miss).
A lot of cool stuff added (bags/appearance of armor/weapons dependant on materials).

Some optimization and new textures, new Meduli looks cool, less impressive but noticeable changes to Fab.

AI of humanoids - well done. They dont glitch anymore, have improved movements, annoying bug for oghrims (when parry doesnt work) has been fixed.

Pity no new mobs, I was kind of hoping for that one but you cant have it all, i got it.
Personally i think world should be a bit more spawned, saying "we will add mobs on persistance", will not encourage people to stay long for testing now - even patch was overall very good.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
I am in the camp that agrees that every point should contribute to your progress. I am a new player and have yet to see how hybrids play out. That being said would a curved progression be more desirable? (sketch below) It would boost the middle part of the leveling progress while still maintaining progress towards the ceiling. There is also something realistic about improving a lot when you learn something, but mastery is till a long way to go.

It would however buff up all the INT builds, including those with 110 INT, so the overall damage bonus limit could be lowered to adjust the buff and make it not so noticable.

Am I getting all of your sentiments about this right?

MO2 - INT scaling.jpg

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
Are people not in favor of linear scaling in general? Or only this specific case (int)?

Because I'm pretty sure every other system from crafting to running speed is linear...

Maybe a higher floor would be in order?

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Are people not in favor of linear scaling in general? Or only this specific case (int)?

Because I'm pretty sure every other system from crafting to running speed is linear...

I think it is mostly for combat skills. If you make a dex/int hybrid they are now allegedly subpar from fully specialized builds (I would need to play a lot more of the game to fully understand this). They seem to lack impat to overcome the difference in power. So what I am trying to understand is if they wanted to say that a small boost to the midlle levels would make it possible for hybrid characters to remain competitive by having 2 of their stats at 60-65% power rather than straight 50%. That way their 2 stats combined wouldn't fall too far behind the specialized ones while the specialized would still feel the impact of their skill points.

Moebius

Nov 29, 2020

let me spell it out for you since for some reason people dont realize how this works.

most, if not all fighters that focus purely on fighting lack psyche. they lack psyche because they lack enough attributes to fill in psyche enough, and the points rather go into strength, dex, and constitution. this is so they hit harder, have more stamina, run faster, and have more hp. makes sense right?

ok, with int being linear now it now has made paladins and hybrids effectively worse which was already a point strained role. so for starters it has now nerfed 2 playstyles. but in the process it has made an already strong playstyle, a fat mage, much stronger due to how magic is effected from player to player because of psyche. people are hitting 100+ with spells now on fighters. the average hp of a player is anywhere from 180 to 210, this does not include outliers such as fatmages themselves with 240 hp.

so now a fatmage can quite literally 2 shot players, this is a single PERSON who can do this. imagine 2-3 fat mages in a group. with increased hitbox size, the ability to self heal (cause fatmages are typically oghmir and have pipes), concentration making it near impossible to be interrupted.. do i need to continue?

the balancing behind this is stupid. is it sandbox? sure. but all i see from this patch is how it fucked melee players more by reducing faster swings when people literally have been asking for more aggressive options, but instead they just want to make mages incredibly strong. sv will either continue on and say its fine or fix it later and change their mind because they cant make their mind up on anything.

like how melee is just left out to dry. anyone here who thinks melee is fun and skillful is just deluding themselves. dont give a fuck about some ping compensation bullshit, dont care for the speed being normalized so everyone can play their favorite race which from the way things are going is leading to oghmirs being the exact opposite of what they were in mo1. bows are stronger then ever and will only get stronger with marksmanship which was a big problem in mo1, and im betting mounted combat is going to have some atrocious balancing to follow with it.

its just spelling out whats to come. it shows a lack of care for anything the community puts forward constructively except when the entire community just cries and bitches. its like fuck actual discussions with reasonings and points, we only accept criticism in the form of threatening to stop playing or telling people the game is bad. funny part is players will read this, quote it, and go "haha u mad??" and not even realize the game they want to play is being killed in the process with this brain dead shit attitude the entire community has accepted and instead we go after each other when we should be going after sv for putting such stupid shit in the game and telling us it 'works' and asking us to pay for it.

just saying guys. hot topic not even a week ago was people cheating and hacking, but has anyone seriously sat down and wondered for example why it happened for so very long and it was only 'fixed' when a ton of people threatened to stop playing, bitched and moaned, and just pushed the topic nonstop? you think sv was just so busy that they absolutely could not be bothered to get rid of people supposedly ruining their game for 2 and a half months. like for fuck sakes guys, they literally had mohki MISSING in the patch. but you trust everything they say likes it pure gold HAHAHAHA.

tl;dr

star vault make bad decisions when the community wails out for change, instead of taking the actual constructive criticism. community feeds the cycle and players are self aware of being able to cause change by pushing it hard enough.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
let me spell it out for you since for some reason people dont realize how this works.

most, if not all fighters that focus purely on fighting lack psyche. they lack psyche because they lack enough attributes to fill in psyche enough, and the points rather go into strength, dex, and constitution. this is so they hit harder, have more stamina, run faster, and have more hp. makes sense right?

ok, with int being linear now it now has made paladins and hybrids effectively worse which was already a point strained role. so for starters it has now nerfed 2 playstyles. but in the process it has made an already strong playstyle, a fat mage, much stronger due to how magic is effected from player to player because of psyche. people are hitting 100+ with spells now on fighters. the average hp of a player is anywhere from 180 to 210, this does not include outliers such as fatmages themselves with 240 hp.

so now a fatmage can quite literally 2 shot players, this is a single PERSON who can do this. imagine 2-3 fat mages in a group. with increased hitbox size, the ability to self heal (cause fatmages are typically oghmir and have pipes), concentration making it near impossible to be interrupted.. do i need to continue?

the balancing behind this is stupid. is it sandbox? sure. but all i see from this patch is how it fucked melee players more by reducing faster swings when people literally have been asking for more aggressive options, but instead they just want to make mages incredibly strong. sv will either continue on and say its fine or fix it later and change their mind because they cant make their mind up on anything.

like how melee is just left out to dry. anyone here who thinks melee is fun and skillful is just deluding themselves. dont give a fuck about some ping compensation bullshit, dont care for the speed being normalized so everyone can play their favorite race which from the way things are going is leading to oghmirs being the exact opposite of what they were in mo1. bows are stronger then ever and will only get stronger with marksmanship which was a big problem in mo1, and im betting mounted combat is going to have some atrocious balancing to follow with it.

its just spelling out whats to come. it shows a lack of care for anything the community puts forward constructively except when the entire community just cries and bitches. its like fuck actual discussions with reasonings and points, we only accept criticism in the form of threatening to stop playing or telling people the game is bad. funny part is players will read this, quote it, and go "haha u mad??" and not even realize the game they want to play is being killed in the process with this brain dead shit attitude the entire community has accepted and instead we go after each other when we should be going after sv for putting such stupid shit in the game and telling us it 'works' and asking us to pay for it.

just saying guys. hot topic not even a week ago was people cheating and hacking, but has anyone seriously sat down and wondered for example why it happened for so very long and it was only 'fixed' when a ton of people threatened to stop playing, bitched and moaned, and just pushed the topic nonstop? you think sv was just so busy that they absolutely could not be bothered to get rid of people supposedly ruining their game for 2 and a half months. like for fuck sakes guys, they literally had mohki MISSING in the patch. but you trust everything they say likes it pure gold HAHAHAHA.

tl;dr

star vault make bad decisions when the community wails out for change, instead of taking the actual constructive criticism. community feeds the cycle and players are self aware of being able to cause change by pushing it hard enough.

Please show a picture of a player doing 100 dmg with a spell to another player.

Reactions: TwistedSister77

Alrashid

Jun 1, 2020
Germany
I had often problems since the patch that i was stuck in trees or bushes and stuck didnt work anymore ... anyone else had the same problems?

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020

tl;dr

Would be kinda funny seeing a line of 6 short fat oghmirs just slowly waddling and mowing down kids with lightning.

ixxxo

Mar 27, 2021
Any remarks about bags not openable from bank directly? I hope this gets addresses. Also, don't want to jinx it, but didn't lost a horse yesterday going from Meduli to MK, great job! (Lost horse bags tho on patch server restart in the evening.)

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
The choice to be a hybrid is the choice to be a jack of all trades but a master of none.
You won't do great melee damage and your magic will be crappy.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
The choice to be a hybrid is the choice to be a jack of all trades but a master of none.

the thing is, human hybrid is still viable. But the difference to dex mage ist actually nonexistent. Which limits the viable playstyles. Lowering the base dmg at 50 int for lets say 20-30% and drawing a line to old max dmg as fat mage had ( so that the old dmg bonus of 50 int would now ned 70-80int) would have been a better solution imo, as it would have provide far more build options.

Last edited:

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021

And take more damage, and only get to use 1 weapon, and have no mounted, and not have archery.

Haha jack of all trades baby.

Reactions: Archiel

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
100+ with spells on a fighter... it's amazing the things people are say in the absence of data. I won't be finished fully mapping the new "int curve" until tomorrow but...

1620309796409.png

If your spell damage increased on a "fighter" you moved over 40 points of psyche over or lost physical stats to do so. Any hybrid hitting that hard should melt in the face of either a full mage or full fighter depending on what stats they moved their points from. Hybrids did NOT get buffed. They got nerfed. Hard.

Last edited: