Poll: Do You Like The New Combat

Now that the combat has been out for some time do you like it more or less than before

• Yes and i'm NA

• Yes and i'm EU

• No, i'm NA

• No, i'm EU

• Yes, i'm Oceanic

• No, i'm Oceanic

• Yes, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• No, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• Neutral, Please Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Now that the combat has been out for a little while, how do you all feel?

Please leave a written response if you feel the poll doesn't cover your opinions.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Neutral for me, because I'm having some Internet issues and I can't rly test it as I wan't. But from few fights I had its alot different, but not as that bad, just have to get use to it. On the other side I'm happy that finally non european folks can be even with eu.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Compared to Mo1? better.

Overall? Very neutral, it is a good base and SV has shown to be willing to try new things which is a big bonus. So i'd say im leaning towards liking it.

It is far from complete and it really all comes down to other mechanics we don't really see in the combat beta to me if its going to be any good. Since people aren't out and about in the world and people are just fighting there is not much in terms of trying to get away from combat and the mechanics related to that.

But it is on track to be a much better game combat-wise than mo1.
Praying the AI will be less affected by server stability, nodes and much less exploitable, especially by pathfinding so we can have a much better PVE experience, too.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It is far from complete and it really all comes down to other mechanics we don't really see in the combat beta to me if its going to be any good. Since people aren't out and about in the world and people are just fighting there is not much in terms of trying to get away from combat and the mechanics related to that.

Yes, this is something that worries me a lot. Due to the fact that players have been banned for "interrupting" testing any kind of action that would result in a chase is risky. It feels that 99% of all testing are straight up duels. In my playtime in MO1 duels made up maybe 5% of my PvP - down to zero towards the end.

I hope that with banks and resource gathering the rules about testing are gonna be dropped so we can have fights start and end naturally rather than only duels. Flagging might help. Or kill that completely depending on the implementation.

Anyway it´s major factor of why I feel very ambivalent about the combat system. Our current testing seems inadequate to form a proper opinion.

D

Dracu

got its flaws, its working in teamfights... in 1v1 and 1vX its lacking.
-voted "no and iam EU"

Rhias

May 28, 2020
No in EU.
Will be a pain to solo roam.
Combat to slow.
Time to kill too high.
Everything heavier than a sword feels miserable to fight with.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Had to vote NO (and im EU) for pretty much the same reasons Rhias already mentioned

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
i won't vote cause i don't fight (can't properly do it with my pc) but i would ask: what you mean when you say combat is "slow"? you mean that it needs to much time to kill someone or that actual movements are slow?

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
what you mean when you say combat is "slow"? you mean that it needs to much time to kill someone or that actual movements are slow?

Both for me. takes really long to kill/die and movespeed/turnspeed and swingspeed all feel really slow. That said, the combat isnt bad, its still good shit for an MMO, but i feel it could be much more exciting if it was faster

time to kill isnt as much of an issue though imo cause it can probably be changed easily by tweaking damage and defense values on gear

Reactions: Rhias

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
Both for me. takes really long to kill/die and movespeed/turnspeed and swingspeed all feel really slow. That said, the combat isnt bad, its still good shit for an MMO, but i feel it could be much more exciting if it was faster

time to kill isnt as much of an issue though imo cause it can probably be changed easily by tweaking damage and defense values on gear

about taking too much time to kill i may agree with you, but to me the movements aren't that slow (i always watch viknuss stream)... if it was any faster i would get nausea lol

is there a game that you think has got a better (thus faster) combat?

Reactions: Rolufe

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

I wouldn’t mind if the turn speed is increased to prevent people from just brainlessly running behind you to dodge.

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
Im NA. I think movements a bit slow and some people with high ping and fast weapons are getting hits off before the attack animation tells me they should.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Im NA. I think movements a bit slow and some people with high ping and fast weapons are getting hits off before the attack animation tells me they should.
I thought this was lag/server issue because it happened to me a few times but other times (or other areas) when I fought the same person it didn't happen.

What also happens to me often is that someone with low ping can hit through my block when they thrust on riposte, just like in MO1.

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020

Only watched videos of a teamfight and some duels and even though swing speed did look a bit slow from first person it also felt like the "time to kill" was really more due to weapons dealing super low amounts of damage.

If parrying was made easier then the penalty for not parrying correctly should maybe be a bit harsher (by increasing damage taken).

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
Also Last Oasis.
Attacks are a lot faster there and I (from EU) are able to play without any issues on a US East Server.

last oasis is 3rd person view tho...

i know last oasis combat and it's really fast, but i would throw up if it was 1st person view like MO lol