Poll: Do You Like The New Combat

Now that the combat has been out for some time do you like it more or less than before

• Yes and i'm NA

• Yes and i'm EU

• No, i'm NA

• No, i'm EU

• Yes, i'm Oceanic

• No, i'm Oceanic

• Yes, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• No, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• Neutral, Please Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
Its okay, once Elon Musks Star Link is up and running SV can develop a network solution that will put everyone on the same ping. Can't wait for MO 3!

Reactions: Grudge Bringer

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Maybe we just need to slow it down more? How much slower should it be for us non EU players to be able to compete?
I have about 70 hours in the game and probally just need to figure out the prediction system ping compensator. I wonder if some people lag-switch so it messes with the prediction/ping system.

HentaiKing

Jul 9, 2020
Maybe we just need to slow it down more? How much slower should it be for us non EU players to be able to compete?
The only option is to implement combat mechanics which are thought process/game based rather than ping based. If they make an NA server the reality is that the west coast player will still be gimped compared to central/east coast, but I suppose it would at least be playable.

MC/MA/Taming/Magic are the roles you can do with high ping. A west coast player can play melee in group fights, because then its about target switching, position, game sense etc. But if you get put in a 1v1 situation you just gota disengage.

EU guilds completely dominated MO1 until those systems were expanded too. It'll be the same thing. high ping needs a way to apply damage through blocks.

Slowing it down actually makes it WORSE for high ping players btw. Idk why you all keep pushing for that. You want to speed it up.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
The only option is to implement combat mechanics which are thought process/game based rather than ping based. If they make an NA server the reality is that the west coast player will still be gimped compared to central/east coast, but I suppose it would at least be playable.

MC/MA/Taming/Magic are the roles you can do with high ping. A west coast player can play melee in group fights, because then its about target switching, position, game sense etc. But if you get put in a 1v1 situation you just gota disengage.

EU guilds completely dominated MO1 until those systems were expanded too. It'll be the same thing. high ping needs a way to apply damage through blocks.

Slowing it down actually makes it WORSE for high ping players btw. Idk why you all keep pushing for that. You want to speed it up.

Don't remember EU guilds dominating MO1 because of combat systems. Only predominantly EU guild that ever dominated MO1 was AQ(Anquer Quare).

Plenty of highly skilled majority NA groups dominated MO1 for periods of time as well. As a west coast player I can also confidently say that you can easily be competitive against EU if you know what you're doing, of course it's an advantage to have low ping but by no means in the first game did you not possess a chance.

Reactions: Kaue

HentaiKing

Jul 9, 2020
Don't remember EU guilds dominating MO1 because of combat systems. Only predominantly EU guild that ever dominated MO1 was AQ(Anquer Quare).

Plenty of highly skilled majority NA groups dominated MO1 for periods of time as well. As a west coast player I can also confidently say that you can easily be competitive against EU if you know what you're doing, of course it's an advantage to have low ping but by no means in the first game did you not possess a chance.
A) I said EU guilds dominated MO1 until those systems were implemented. That includes beta, and you forgot about groups like Myrmidon, Amon, and the EU cliques in CIR/TOP. They definitely did dominate the game because of combat systems though. The hybrid kiting style heavily favors low ping players.

Why do you think EU players liked to fight in the GK ruins? Lol, because if you're NA you'll get stuck on walls and buildings. That doesn't happen to EU players.

EU players dominated MO1 until MC/heavy armor/people learned how to play ping.

b) u could be competitive by lag fighting yes, and I would prefer if that was brought back in to mo2. It looks and plays like complete shit though.

c) You would have more impact as a west coast player playing mage or mounted than a melee fighter. Even with lag fighting, because if you have competent game sense in those roles then you're a god.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
A) I said EU guilds dominated MO1 until those systems were implemented. That includes beta, and you forgot about groups like Myrmidon, Amon, and the EU cliques in CIR/TOP. They definitely did dominate the game because of combat systems though. The hybrid kiting style heavily favors low ping players.

Why do you think EU players liked to fight in the GK ruins? Lol, because if you're NA you'll get stuck on walls and buildings. That doesn't happen to EU players.

EU players dominated MO1 until MC/heavy armor/people learned how to play ping.

b) u could be competitive by lag fighting yes, and I would prefer if that was brought back in to mo2. It looks and plays like complete shit though.

c) You would have more impact as a west coast player playing mage or mounted than a melee fighter. Even with lag fighting, because if you have competent game sense in those roles then you're a god.

Yeah, no.

I don't forget about groups like Myrmidon in beta, who dominated because they were running around in questionably obtained cronite while everyone else was in bone. Amon was one of the only groups to oppose them which consisted of a few relevant players, who were also Myrmidon. Namely Cyde, Enigma, and Frontal.

EU players dominated MO1 for a while but not for any of the reasons you've stated. There was a small select group of players that actually cared about getting better and if you spoke to them you'd know that were plenty of American's that played alongside that were equally deserving of such praise.

Lag fighting? You mean basic movement? European players also "lag fought" as you so put it. Go ask Gigamo or Cyde if they ever abused prediction or "lag fought" on somebody.

And no, your impact is decided by your skill, not your ping in group fights. If anything, high ping players had an advantage in group fights simply because of the terrible net code.

BTW:

No good players came from TOP, unless you count later FEAR/Merc core groups circa 2011 and onward, Dawn and Post-Dawn.

HentaiKing

Jul 9, 2020
And no, your impact is decided by your skill, not your ping in group fights. If anything, high ping players had an advantage in group fights simply because of the terrible net code.
Well I'm not trying to derail this thread with hackusations against old guilds. That's kinda cringe and I don't really care about getting into that.

>Ping

You know Sharantil/Gigamo will refuse to play competitive games unless they've got like 20 ping right?

If you have to pick a player for your team, and your options are 2 players of equal skill. One has 200 ping. One has 5 ping. Who are you gona pick

>prediction

LMAO abusing prediction isn't just movement. Its spinning around and irratic movement. I guess "It's just movement bro" its a solid meme.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
>prediction

LMAO abusing prediction isn't just movement. Its spinning around and irratic movement. I guess "It's just movement bro" its a solid meme.
Spinning could definitely use a bit more toning down. It's better, but I don't think quite fixed yet.

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Well I'm not trying to derail this thread with hackusations against old guilds. That's kinda cringe and I don't really care about getting into that.

>Ping

You know Sharantil/Gigamo will refuse to play competitive games unless they've got like 20 ping right?

If you have to pick a player for your team, and your options are 2 players of equal skill. One has 200 ping. One has 5 ping. Who are you gona pick

>prediction

Just basic movement "abuses prediction", you can do it completely accidentally just by simply trying to make yourself less predictable. I also never accused anyone of hacking or cheating.

Reactions: Kaue