Yet another reason the game will be dead very soon.

WishfulThinking

May 28, 2022
I'm a fairly patient person. I tried. I really did. The game had promise, but the ineptitude of the developers coupled with the exploits of players has done it for me. How can you possibly pvp when your horse copies itself when you go through a node line so that the enemy just has to kill a copy of your horse while you can do absolutely nothing from a mile away? Thats game breaking. And has been happening for MONTHS. Person catches up to you quite easily after exploiting a node line, but wait! They have no weapon, yet can attack with the weapon sheathed...yay invisble weapon exploits!! Great game design!

I'm done with this hot bag of garbage. Apparently so are a ton of others. Good luck Starfault, youll need it.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
After a year I can say that SV has no intention of listening to anyone's feedback. Its kind of like most relationships where you think you can change someone but realize you just have to move on and that people never really change

Reactions: Bicorps

Kbear

May 28, 2020
They are trying as its in their interest to create a succesfful game, however they are clearly struggling releasing more content and bug fixes in a timely manner. I will continue to play as I really enjoy the game. Having played MO1 I see the potential in MO2 but it's far from being realised yet and much work still needed. Once TC and seiging appears player count will spike but its still a long way off

Reactions: m4rt3 and Amelia

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I mean in MO1 it only took them a few months to fix the exploding horse issue. Or the Node crashes when the weather changed.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
After a year I can say that SV has no intention of listening to anyone's feedback. Its kind of like most relationships where you think you can change someone but realize you just have to move on and that people never really change
Imagine all the vets that quit MO1 for good and got MO2 just to find out this game Is a watered down version of the old game but the only thing thats truly consistant Is terrible development, really poor ideas implemented in the worst possible way adding exploits and bugs.
Slow development, filler patches and on top of everything the CEO of the company whos a compulsive liar lmao.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dont worry they just banned another 5% of their playerbase. SV is finding new ways to lower the player count so the server can properly work.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Deniers and fanbois like you teknic duh
I don't disagree that the game needs work, and that there is definitely grounds for skepticism in its success due to the direction of development & failure to address certain technical & mechanical issues...

But it's downright ridiculous that people on here hang around month after month, year after year, just to bash a game that they clearly like enough to keep playing. MO2 has serious issues in terms of content & bugs, but clearly you see something special in it if you're willing to keep playing and/or hanging around the forums in spite of this.

Worse still, you have the over-entitled 'vets' that get caught doing things they know are explicitly not-allowed, get punished, then whinge & moan like the sky is falling-- when really they're just spoiled little brats that finally got a much deserved spanking from daddy.

It's true that the game has a lot of hardships to overcome, but one of them is the toxic, over-entitled community that I just described. If it's so hopeless and bad, why are you hanging around? There must be something special about it. You keep the game installed, diligently update it with steam's trash installer, and check in every update, continue reading & writing on its forums, and just generally letting it occupy a big portion of your free-time-- but you hate it it's the worst and it's doomed...! Something is seriously wrong with you.

Basically, certain factions of the community are like: "This game is trash if I can't grief peoples horses while they're afk or logged in town, grief nakeds as they spawn in at GY, and block amenities so they can't use the basic functions of the game... Why can't SV see that the only hope for their game is to let me ruin the experience in unintended ways for everyone else!?" :unsure:

It's really a joke, and I'm glad SV has the sense not to listen to these people.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I don't disagree that the game needs work, and that there is definitely grounds for skepticism in its success due to the direction of development...

But it's downright ridiculous that people on here hang around month after month, year after year, just to bash a game that they clearly like enough to keep playing. MO2 has serious issues in terms of content & bugs, but clearly you see something special in it if you're willing to keep playing and/or hanging around the forums in spite of this.

Worse still, you have the over-entitled 'vets' that get caught doing things they know are explicitly not-allowed, get punished, then whinge & moan like the sky is falling-- when really they're just spoiled little brats that finally got a much deserved spanking from daddy.

It's true that the game has a lot of hardships to overcome, but one of them is the toxic, over-entitled community that I just described. If it's so hopeless and bad, why are you hanging around? There must be something special about it. You keep the game installed, diligently update it with steam's trash installer, and check in every update, continue reading & writing on its forums, and just generally letting it occupy a big portion of your free-time-- but you hate it it's the worst and it's doomed...! Something is seriously wrong with you.

Basically, certain factions of the community are like: "This game is trash if I can't grief peoples horses while they're afk or logged in town, grief nakeds as they spawn in at GY, and block amenities so they can't use the basic functions of the game... Why can't SV see that the only hope for their game is to let me ruin the experience in unintended ways for everyone else!?" :unsure:

It's really a joke, and I'm glad SV has the sense not to listen to these people.
Don't be stupid dude the people "bashing" the game month after month gave more feedback and debate than you could ever do. Dumb kids unable to debate say shit like that, the next day they make another generic thread on why mortal should have UO's law system.

The complainers bring way more to the table than the idiotic fanbois that Is the reality here, the fact the community Is toxic Is due to how SV treats the player base.
People paid and have expectations, not crazy expectations just what was promised which ain't being delivered, and thats not being entitled" and it would be moronic to think that way.

But i get you might be a nublet around this proyect, i for example been around mo1 for over 10 years and players that have generally give a good input about the game. Seen quite a few of you with that "entitlement" bullshit paradigm about the community, funny those that wield that cheap ass morality card either don't play the game anymore or started understanding how SV does things and became part of the argument.

Im glad SV doesn't listen to people like you that have absolutly nothing to say.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Don't be stupid dude the people "bashing" the game month after month gave more feedback and debate than you could ever do. Dumb kids unable to debate say shit like that, the next day they make another generic thread on why mortal should have UO's law system.

But i get you might be a nublet around this proyect, i for example been around mo1 for over 10 years and players that have generally give a good input about the game.

Let me just say that I'm incredibly impressed. You can't see it, but I'm actually kowtowing to you at my computer, making it very difficult to type this.

Imagine all the vets that quit MO1 for good and got MO2 just to find out this game Is a watered down version of the old game but the only thing thats truly consistant Is terrible development, really poor ideas implemented in the worst possible way adding exploits and bugs.
Slow development, filler patches and on top of everything the CEO of the company whos a compulsive liar lmao.

I hope you enjoy continuing to play & comment on the forums of the game you have nothing good to say about, that is a watered down version of MO1, with the only consistency being terrible development and ideas via a 'compulsive liar CEO'. You ever hear the saying, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" ? If that is how you feel about Henrik, maybe you should have tempered your expectations a little bit, had more patience, or held off until later on, or, hell, just avoided the game altogether.

Yes, you and people like you truly are pillars of the community, uplifting the game's standard and giving it a good reputation. You offer great constructive criticisms of the game... Definitely not just a whiney lambast.

I can only speculate as to why certain people spend 90% of their time on vitriolic tirades against the game, its GMs & Devs, as though it were a personal feud.

Feedback is one thing, fetishizing doom-saying and hate towards the game is another.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Let me just say that I'm incredibly impressed. You can't see it, but I'm actually kowtowing to you at my computer, making it very difficult to type this.

I hope you enjoy continuing to play & comment on the forums of the game you have nothing good to say about, that is a watered down version of MO1, with the only consistency being terrible development and ideas via a 'compulsive liar CEO'. You ever hear the saying, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" ? If that is how you feel about Henrik, maybe you should have tempered your expectations a little bit, had more patience, or held off until later on, or, hell, just avoided the game altogether.

Yes, you and people like you truly are pillars of the community, uplifting the game's standard and giving it a good reputation. You offer great constructive criticisms of the game... Definitely not just a whiney lambast.

I salute you. No, really.

Seriously, what is there even to listen to from half of you? You literally spend 90% of your time on vitriolic tirades against the game, its GMs & Devs, as though it were a personal feud... I can only speculate as to why.
I think you are a little confused here, i don't owe you an explanation nor am i willing to justify myself and much less to a random like you. But you come here and try to pull an imaginary moral code to call people entitled and toxic to try and tell them what to do roflmao. Thats the problem with you noobs, you believe that with wishy thinking and promises of mounted bears are supporting the game, think again.

But here we are, again the complainers have historically brought debate to these forums while the carebears" contribute nothing like you are precisely doing right now.
If you don't like what i say you can choose not to read but imagine a random ass like you telling me what to do is gonna crumble my world roflmao.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
I think you are a little confused here, i don't owe you an explanation nor am i willing to justify myself and much less to a random like you. But you come here and try to pull an imaginary moral code to call people entitled and toxic to try and tell them what to do roflmao. Thats the problem with you noobs, you believe that with wishy thinking and promises of mounted bears are supporting the game, think again.

But here we are, again the complainers have historically brought debate to these forums while the carebears" contribute nothing like you are precisely doing right now.
If you don't like what i say you can choose not to read but imagine a random ass like you telling me what to do is gonna crumble my world roflmao.

No, you're a bit confused here. I never told you what to do, I just said you apparently enjoy wasting your time just as much as you enjoy wasting everyone else's. You're perfectly free to waste your time doom-saying and trying to pick fights, and I'm free to waste mine deriding you for it.

You've kind of proven my point by, once again, bringing nothing to the table but smack-talk. That's what I'm talking about. Just toxic nonsense keyboard warrioring. Blustering tirades with no substance due to hurt feelings. No solutions, no suggestions, nothing you think can be commended or rebuilt: just an angry kid at a keyboard trying to 'save the game' by calling it dead and launching into ad hominem philippics.

"If you don't like what I say don't read it" is a pretty over-entitled thing to say on a public forum intended for public discourse... I'll read whatever I want, and respond however I want, and, following the rules, I have every right to. I'm not saying you can't post doom-saying nonsense calling down devs & GMs etc. etc., evidently you can and do. I'm just saying that it's irritating, looks bad, and, when you don't offer any actual constructive criticism, is a waste of time for everyone involved. Now, you want me to avert my eyes whenever I see Your Majesty's username? Oh please....

Anyway, I've said my bit, and I don't take a word of it back. Have fun playing a game you hate, genius.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No, you're a bit confused here. I never told you what to do, I just said you apparently enjoy wasting your time just as much as you enjoy wasting everyone else's. 'If you don't like what I say don't read it' is a pretty entitled thing to say on a public forum... I'll read whatever I want, and respond however I want. You want me to avert my eyes whenever I see your username? Please.

You've kind of proven my point by, once again, bringing nothing to the table but shit-talk. That's what I'm talking about. Just toxic nonsense keyboard warrioring. Blustering tirades with no substance due to hurt feelings. No solutions, no suggestions, nothing you think can be commended or rebuilt: just an angry kid at a keyboard trying to 'save the game' by calling it dead and launching into ad hominem philippics.

I've said my bit, and I don't take a word of it back. Have fun playing a game you hate, genius.
Yes you are telling me and anyone else that argue about the state of the game "entitled and toxic" cuz we "bash" the precarious state of the game, some people might not be as submissive as you are.

Of course you can say and read whatever you want who am i to tell you what to do, don't be naive.

I don't know whats your point besides derailing this thread cuz you find what i say toxic, i don't hate and definitely don't hate the game but you could just keep assuming shit.

How could i make you waste your time tho, im not forcing your hand to read what i say in a public forum and get upset about it, seems that would be your choice :p

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
How could i make you waste your time tho, im not forcing your hand to read what i say in a public forum and get upset about it, seems that would be your choice :p

You're really not making me waste my time, because I'm enjoying calling you out for just showing up to try and moan like a brat and bully people. I was saying that you and people like you really love wasting your time on a game you apparently have no hope for and don't like...

But according to you, you don't hate the game

Albanjo Dravae said:
i don't hate and definitely don't hate the game but you could just keep assuming shit.

Eight posts earlier in the same thread...

So... If you don't hate the game, what is it? You just like to whine and moan, say it's absolutely hopeless, it's a sinking ship because Henrik doesn't listen to you personally, etc. just because that's what's in vogue?

Albanjo Dravae said:
Deniers and fanbois like you teknic duh
And then try to bait people & put words in their mouth?

Albanjo Dravae said:
I don't know whats your point besides derailing this thread

Derailing the thread? Me? There was literally nothing conductive said since the first post, which was about nodeline lag.
Sorry, I guess it must be my submissive nature to call out a trash-talk circle-jerk for what it is. We can't all be big strong e-warriors like you.;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae