Yet another reason the game will be dead very soon.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I agree on some points here, but a game being sandbox/player-driven doesn't mean that anything goes. For example, technically duping is possible and you could make that same argument that the mechanics of the game allow for it. Technically even hacking is still the player driving content, just in ways the dev didn't intend.

Those are extreme examples, and I know this isn't the same thing, but I'm just saying that exploiting the mechanics of the game in ways that give an unfair advantage is a fair line to draw, especially for a game in a rough state. Of course all of these things should ideally be ironed out & made as difficult to do as possible, but even then there will still be exploits.

The arbitration here seems like it was just shit. Seems like a communicational error. If anyone should get a slap on the wrist for it, it's the dude who made the call that it was okay, & apparently either didn't inform anyone else, or maybe have the authority to say that it was in the first place lol
Duping is done while using bugs or glitches. Everything worked as intended. No mechanics are supposed to dupe. There are mechanism that are meant to not reset boss health when the player dies, and players are intended to resurrect by portal.

Nah its was ok for ever, the whole GM team knew and I knew people that were in DMs with GMs constantly hunting down the flying machinegun bow hackers. Every GM knew what was going on and worked with those dudes to get hackers banned because they would sit in the dungeon all day. GMs watched them do it and told them it was not bannable repeatedly.

Seb is the lead Coder and is one of the games heads. Every one knew what was going on except maybe henrik but that because he has no idea whats going on ever.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Duping is done while using bugs or glitches. Everything worked as intended. No mechanics are supposed to dupe. There are mechanism that are meant to not reset boss health when the player dies, and players are intended to resurrect by portal.

Nah its was ok for ever, the whole GM team knew and I knew people that were in DMs with GMs constantly hunting down the flying machinegun bow hackers. Every GM knew what was going on and worked with those dudes to get hackers banned because they would sit in the dungeon all day. GMs watched them do it and told them it was not bannable repeatedly.

Seb is the lead Coder and is one of the games heads. Every one knew what was going on except maybe henrik but that because he has no idea whats going on ever.

My impression is that Spiritism is not intended to be used to cheese bosses in PvE, making it an exploit. Probably something (along with many other things) that will eventually be changed & fleshed out.

That said, either way it was bad communication and arbitration. If they were going to suddenly not be okay with commonplace exploits that they were aware of and on record saying they were okay with, that should have been made clear.

It really should have been a "Hey, cheesing bosses with Spiritism is an exploit that will be bannable in the future. We know we allowed it in the past, but we want to crack down on exploits that we feel hurt the integrity of the game" warning, and not a ban.

Either way, it seems like bad communication. Since it was a short ban I doubt they will overrule it, but you never know. I would be more alarmed if it was a long or permaban. I'm actually fine with the result of this no longer being allowed, just think it was a dubious way to give certain people the memo.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
My impression is that Spiritism is not intended to be used to cheese bosses in PvE, making it an exploit. Probably something (along with many other things) that will eventually be changed & fleshed out.

That said, either way it was bad communication and arbitration. If they were going to suddenly not be okay with commonplace exploits that they were aware of and on record saying they were okay with, that should have been made clear.

It really should have been a "Hey, cheesing bosses with Spiritism is an exploit that will be bannable in the future. We know we allowed it in the past, but we want to crack down on exploits that we feel hurt the integrity of the game" warning, and not a ban.
I think they were planning to do this but were too slow on the post from the what was said. Trinkets came out so they needed to stop the solo farming. Henrik prob had no idea this was going on. Henrik thought his GMs were getting the hackers not these spiritist based on how he reacted on stream to players confronting him on the hacker bans.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
people are passonate about this game because they love the concept - they want it to succeed - they want to spend a bunch of their time on it, they don't want it to fail, they want SV to actually develop the game to its full potential.

Yea, I mean, it has more to do with the bread and butter part (per se) of the game not working, or not being perceived as working by... more than 1000 people simultaneously haha. It's like woah woah woah, what's happening here. It's getting more and more bizarre. People are perpetually mad at MO, and they were mad at MO the whole time I've been here.

They are going in on devs or, best case, they are going in on each other because the game is working as intended. I think it's kind of sad some of the things people say to devs, altho I admit not treating them with 100% proper respect, I think the communication breakdown is pretty high level for people who are high investment players, so that most of them prol can't even go to discord anymore.

It's more just being aghast at the repeated, XTREME fail of MO2. As said, worse than mo1, wat!!?? A lot of things about MO made me bitch, but I lived thru some pretty wack eras of MO. MC Hammer , zz no worries, Insta visitation, DDOS... :eek: Sarducca? TC Walls + farming + breeding stuff to butcher... aiyye. SPIRITISM, NECROMANCY?!

So, I mean, I have this theory... I think a lot of people WANT more content, but a lot of the people who watched them add content to MO1 realize that the game became a bit imbalanced when they did add stuff, so watching them add stuff to an already fucky game while avoiding things that are important (siege?) is just like face palm.

Really, I dunno why we couldn't get like Pre TC pre BS level MO, smoothed out as MO2 THEN start to build from there, carefully.

It makes me upset because I don't think they are going to change. Worse, it makes you wonder if at this point it can change... like even if they did has damage already been done?

I feel like I know what's possible, and is possible without much effort... like what they should be focusing on. How to make a sandbox, etc. All this is deep theory, something we could talk about for days. Not y'know my parry riposte is sooo precise, but the deeper mechanics of a sandbox: creating action, keeping people interested and just griefed enough to keep playing. Managing fall out from exploits, managing fall out from massive grief (people quitting after losing a keep etc,) it's tough, but whatever SV is doing is legit bonkers. I'm not even a dev and I can tell that it is. That's why everyone is quitting!

I could log on MO2 right now and go back to doing all sorts of things, but the point is that it just doesn't feel like a sandbox world. MO1 for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll the trash it had was that. That's the 'potential.' Nobody, or at least I don't, believes that SV is gonna build a perfect game, but we should at least be beyond the depth and immersion of MO1 by now.