Yet another reason the game will be dead very soon.

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Dont worry they just banned another 5% of their playerbase. SV is finding new ways to lower the player count so the server can properly work.
Ohh, are they not supposed to ban the cheaters/exploiters now to save population? Man, you people, i mean kids, are just so impatient and want everything your way right now. Ok man, they won't ban the cheaters so you can have an extra 5% playerbase. Great logic.

Reactions: Hodo

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
Ohh, are they not supposed to ban the cheaters/exploiters now to save population? Man, you people, i mean kids, are just so impatient and want everything your way right now. Ok man, they won't ban the cheaters so you can have an extra 5% playerbase. Great logic.

Unfortunately there is a small contingent of posters that are toxic and simply want to see the game fail, regardless of what they say (cue the passive-aggressive replies). As a new player there is much more I’d like to learn about game mechanics, builds, and play styles, but the forum mostly consists of garbage threads like this instead. On a more positive note, at least in-game, there are some really nice people and helpful guilds.

Reactions: Kaquenqos

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It sucks. There are a lot of diehard MO fans in here, including myself, that really just can't be fucked with Star Vault anymore. Years and years of lies and messy patches and taking zero accountability. Just shoving something else new in our face like trinkets or boats and hope we forget the buggy mess and unfinished stuff.

Same shit happened in MO1. The game was amazing for a few years...then they kept adding half assed and shit balanced things. They lie about how many people are really working on the game, they lie about how many people can play on the server, they just lie and fail to deliver.

Its an actual scam. How on earth they managed to make MO2 worse than MO1 idk. Its impressive. If you ask Henrik though, things are going just fine...business as usual.

For the new players who think we are just complainers and want to see the game die. I get it. Youre in the honeymoon phase and it lasts a long time. We've all been there. Eventually you come to realize though your balls are crusting over with how long you're waiting for a good version of the game.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah the zero accountability for SV and inability to listen to players is a issue.

When people shit talk the game its really just them loving the game and hating SV.

No accountability along with the staff not understanding the game are major issues.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Unfortunately there is a small contingent of posters that are toxic and simply want to see the game fail, regardless of what they say (cue the passive-aggressive replies). As a new player there is much more I’d like to learn about game mechanics, builds, and play styles, but the forum mostly consists of garbage threads like this instead. On a more positive note, at least in-game, there are some really nice people and helpful guilds.
Most negative posters love the game but hate SV for many legit reasons.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
These players did not cheat nor expliot.

ashshfsjhkdkk

Mar 21, 2022
People misunderstand 'hate' with most players having legitimate grievances about the state of the game.

For every community - I've always seen a fair share of toxicity - that is always expected online, but NEVER have a seen a community of players so shortsighted to not only NOT even attempt to refute what are legitimate issues - but will actively always say one of the following arguments:

you make your own content
if you don't like it quit
go touch grass
lol you are bad at the game
they are a small developer

people are passonate about this game because they love the concept - they want it to succeed - they want to spend a bunch of their time on it, they don't want it to fail, they want SV to actually develop the game to its full potential.

It is unbelievable that these apologists are so short sighted they don't understand if you continue to support the game in its current state and shun legitimate concerns - guess what will be left in a short period of time?

350 brain dead gamers all telling each other to touch grass and a lag filled exploit riddled game telling Henrik they like his haircut and asking what gel he uses on streams.

Maybe that's what they want at this point - if it is I hope they have fun with that.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
People misunderstand 'hate' with most players having legitimate grievances about the state of the game.

For every community - I've always seen a fair share of toxicity - that is always expected online, but NEVER have a seen a community of players so shortsighted to not only NOT even attempt to refute what are legitimate issues - but will actively always say one of the following arguments:

you make your own content
if you don't like it quit
go touch grass
lol you are bad at the game
they are a small developer

people are passonate about this game because they love the concept - they want it to succeed - they want to spend a bunch of their time on it, they don't want it to fail, they want SV to actually develop the game to its full potential.

It is unbelievable that these apologists are so short sighted they don't understand if you continue to support the game in its current state and shun legitimate concerns - guess what will be left in a short period of time?

350 brain dead gamers all telling each other to touch grass and a lag filled exploit riddled game telling Henrik they like his haircut and asking what gel he uses on streams.

Maybe that's what they want at this point - if it is I hope they have fun with that.

Nobody is saying there shouldn't be constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism and creating a million threads with the purpose of beating the dead-horse of:

"THE GAME IS DEAD WHY DO PEOPLE PLAY THIS STUPID GAME ALL MY FRIENDS GOT BANNED FOR NOTHING...! DEVELOPERS STUPID! GMs, STUPID! THEY PLAYED EXACTLY LIKE IT'S SPOSED TO BUT THEY GET BAN WHY YOU HATE US SV!? DEVS HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MAEK GAEM!!!11111 I PLAY SINCE DAY 1 MO AND THE GAME IS TRASH TRUST ME!! GAME IS DYING HTIS WHY!!!11 THEY LEARN TO CODE IN BASMENT WATCHING YOUTUBE!! ENJOY UR TRASH GAME STUPIDS!!!11"

are not the same thing.

I haven't even been around that long, and it's already grating, and frankly pretty embarrassing to see. I can't imagine why SV doesn't want to listen to 'the community'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo and Dazin

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
For the new players who think we are just complainers and want to see the game die. I get it. Youre in the honeymoon phase and it lasts a long time. We've all been there. Eventually you come to realize though your balls are crusting over with how long you're waiting for a good version of the game.

It sounds like this has been your experience and you’re assuming the same of others. I mean I get it; I’ve been playing MMO’s for over twenty years and sure there have been games and gaming companies that have disappointed.
There is a obvious difference though between constructive criticism and the complaining that much of this forum is filled with. If I don’t like a product, or it hasn’t met expectations, I move on and thats probably what some people here should do. Yet some people seem to feel entitled like SV owes them something, hence the toxicity.
My playtime has gone down drastically as I’m basically waiting for the necro patch to hit and I’m under no illusions as to the flaws in MO2. SV will either deliver the content and build diversity/viability I’m looking for or they won’t.
If they don’t, I promise you’re not going to see me posting on here for months after the fact. I’ll have moved on to another game or time filler. My general advice; don’t get overly emotionally vested in a video game.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I promise you’re not going to see me posting on here for months after the fact. I’ll have moved on to another game or time filler. My general advice; don’t get overly emotionally vested in a video game.
These forums are just a place for people to shoot the shit to be honest. Lots of us have been here for 10+ years. Its more than just some game like Fortnite or something that you play for a few days then drop because its bad and never look back. We vent our frustrations here, and talk down on SV, but we always keep this game on the radar because its the only one like it.

So yeah. I would agree with you if it was just another WoW clone forum or something. But its not. The possibility of an amazing game is here, it just takes the devs to not be "insert mean word". So lots of us have this forum bookmarked, and we click it, and feel the urge to post. Been this way for years, and we will probably be around until the game shuts down....because of the you know...potential.

Reactions: Tzone and Dazin

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
These forums are just a place for people to shoot the shit to be honest. Lots of us have been here for 10+ years. Its more than just some game like Fortnite or something that you play for a few days then drop because its bad and never look back. We vent our frustrations here, and talk down on SV, but we always keep this game on the radar because its the only one like it.

So yeah. I would agree with you if it was just another WoW clone forum or something. But its not. The possibility of an amazing game is here, it just takes the devs to not be "insert mean word". So lots of us have this forum bookmarked, and we click it, and feel the urge to post. Been this way for years, and we will probably be around until the game shuts down....because of the you know...potential.

I don't think you understand the disservice you're actually doing the game by constantly going on like this. The optics alone are absolutely terrible.

The game is actually fun, if you are into the old school hardcore, UO style 'realism-core' MMORPG genre. I almost decided not to pick it up, and initially passed on it because of my experience with early MO1 and the extreme amount of shit-talking about the game going on on reddit & here by 'diehards'. I can say, at its current state, I've had way more fun with MO2 than I ever did in MO1 around late-beta to subscription drop. I think a lot of people have rose-tinted glasses regarding that game, and especially its comparatively early days.

I agree the game has great potential, and ample, potentially insurmountable challenges it needs to overcome to get there. I can't say I'll definitely be here as long as you have been, or that you won't be here longer than I will be hence. Still, I completely disagree that making innumerable threads bashing the GMs, devs, and Henrik personally, does anything positive for the game in any way. Especially when most of them seem rather obviously to be thinly-veiled biased rants about how you hate a build, or guild that killed you, or tirades from people or guild-members of people in vindictive denial over exploiting/duping/etc. and getting banned.

Reactions: Dazin

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I don't think you understand the disservice you're actually doing the game by constantly going on like this. The optics alone are absolutely terrible.

The game is actually fun, if you are into the old school hardcore, UO style 'realism-core' MMORPG genre. I almost decided not to pick it up, and initially passed on it because of my experience with early MO1 and the extreme amount of shit-talking about the game going on on reddit & here by 'diehards'. I can say, at its current state, I've had way more fun with MO2 than I ever did in MO1 around late-beta to subscription drop. I think a lot of people have rose-tinted glasses regarding that game, and especially its comparatively early days.

I agree the game has great potential, and ample, potentially insurmountable challenges it needs to overcome to get there. I can't say I'll definitely be here as long as you have been, or that you won't be here longer than I will be hence. Still, I completely disagree that making innumerable threads bashing the GMs, devs, and Henrik personally, does anything positive for the game in any way. Especially when most of them seem rather obviously to be thinly-veiled biased rants about how you hate a build, or guild that killed you, or tirades from people or guild-members of people in vindictive denial over exploiting/duping/etc. and getting banned.
You dont understand the disservice SV did to the community by hurting this game. Any disservice they have done they done to them selves. They should just get better and stop rage banning people and actually just learn how to play the game first.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaquenqos

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
You dont understand the disservice SV did to the community by hurting this game. Any disservice they have done they done to them selves. They should just get better and stop rage banning people and actually just learn how to play the game first.

You're right, surely you know how to play the game as it's intended, not the devs that design it & GMs that coordinate with them. You guys didn't exploit, they just don't realize that exploits are actually how the game is intended to be played.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I used to think this way as well. Reality is it doesn't matter. The company is doing the disservice all on its own. Its like the "hey lets not kill blue players so that the game grows". We shouldn't have to do that. We aren't the problem here, and you shouldn't think we are. Star Vault is 100% responsible for the games performance and population.

Having said that, I don't disagree the 100s of threads all basically saying the same thing aren't doing anything positive. I have hundreds of posts on the MO1 forums that may have been negative, but were always constructive. And conversations were had on how the topic could be made better, and believe it or not a lot of those posts led to positive changes from SV.

I think we all just eventually get frustrated and let down enough we make a negative post here and there. And to expect the forums to be free of that, is kinda pointless. Luckily for you, these forums aren't used much at all. It may scare away a handful of players seeing negative posts, but we had 10,000 on launch. And it wasn't mean posts that made them leave by the thousands.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You're right, surely you know how to play the game as it's intended, not the devs & GMs that coordinate with them. You guys didn't exploit, they just don't realize that exploits are actually how the game is intended to be played.
Players asked the dude who codes the game and the GMs who mod it if they were exploits and told they werent. Changed in a day with rectro activity.

People just used the game mechanics and tools given to them in a sandbox.

Yes GMs dont have a clue how to play the game, thats why they have to teleport to you because they dont know how to navigate in the world. GMs are not players.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
MolagAmur said:
I think we all just eventually get frustrated and let down enough we make a negative post here and there. And to expect the forums to be free of that, is kinda pointless. Luckily for you, these forums aren't used much at all. It may scare away a handful of players seeing negative posts, but we had 10,000 on launch. And it wasn't mean posts that made them leave by the thousands.
There are many reasons a player-base can diminish, and usually they do pretty rapidly. Starting at 10k and dropping to 1-1.2~k in 4-5 months is not that insane. For that matter, starting at 10k playerbase is not that insane. It's really only insane in light of MO1, which on paper can arguably be taken as a good sign.

I understand the frustration, I just don't understand what amounts to a personal vendetta against a video-game you claim to love. Most of this stuff is not actually constructive. Unless you think calling people incompetent & the game altogether hopeless is somehow constructive.

Take this thread, it starts with 1 person making a fair complaint in the typical very dramatic way, then just spirals into a 'let's get the boys together & bash SV' thread. Nothing is being said.

Players asked the dude who codes the game and the GMs who mod it if they were exploits and told they werent. Changed in a day with rectro activity.

People just used the game mechanics and tools given to them in a sandbox.

Yes GMs dont have a clue how to play the game, thats why they have to teleport to you because they dont know how to navigate in the world. GMs are not players.

You're saying 1 day before these people were banned a GM & dev is on record saying, "No, that is absolutely not an exploit and 100% okay to do", then said people did said thing exactly as they described it when they asked, and got banned?

Do you have actual evidence of this transpiring? Talk is dirt cheap in these parts.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There are many reasons a player-base can diminish, and usually they do pretty rapidly. Starting at 10k and dropping to 1-1.2~k in 4-5 months is not that insane.

I understand the frustration, I just don't understand what amounts to a personal vendetta against a video-game you claim to love. Most of this stuff is not actually constructive. Unless you think calling people incompetent & the game altogether hopeless is somehow constructive.

Take this thread, it starts with 1 person making a fair complaint in the typical very dramatic way, then just spirals into a 'let's get the boys together & bash SV' thread. Nothing is being said.

You're saying 1 day before these people were banned a GM & dev is on record saying, "No, that is absolutely not an exploit and 100% okay to do", then said people did said thing exactly as they described it when they asked, and got banned?

Do you have actual evidence of this transpiring? Talk is dirt cheap in these parts.
Ill link it to you, they dont want the proof public

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Ill link it to you, they dont want the proof public
From what I saw, I'll say for the record, it does look like they basically said something, that is pretty much exploiting a mechanic, was okay to do and then reneged this ruling and banned without warning.

I don't think what was done was necessarily not an exploit, but it's definitely a communicational/coordination blunder on the GM's/Dev's part. Really they just shouldn't have said that was okay in the first place, let alone ban for it shortly after doing so without making it clear that it was not. It really seems like a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

So, that is kind of fishy. The better move would have been to make it clear that this was, contrary to what a certain person said, not okay, and that doing so in the future would result in a ban. But they seem to have skipped that step of the arbitration, which is kind of dubious.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
From what I saw, I'll say for the record, it does look like they basically said something, that is pretty much exploiting a mechanic, was okay to do and then reneged this ruling and banned without warning.

I don't think what was done was necessarily not an exploit, but it's definitely a communicational/coordination blunder on the GM's/Dev's part. Really they just shouldn't have said that was okay in the first place, let alone ban for it shortly after doing so without making it clear that it was not. It really seems like a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

So, that is kind of fishy. The better move would have been to make it clear that this was, contrary to what a certain person said, not okay, and that doing so in the future would result in a ban. But they seem to have skipped that step of the arbitration, which is kind of dubious.
As I replied in DMs.

Its our personal opinions on the matter if they were exploiting. I dont think it is because it follows all the rules and no bugs were being used. Just dev over sight. Going forward its completly far for devs to say dont do that particular way to solo a boss. But there are other ways like with pets and its supposed to be a player driven content game not a themepark.

The devs should fix a mechanics imbalance with other mechanics like bosses resetting health on reset or a portal blocker in boss rooms instead of telling players that intended us of mechanics to get unthought of results is exploiting.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
As I replied in DMs.

Its our personal opinions on the matter if they were exploiting. I dont think it is because it follows all the rules and no bugs were being used. Just dev over sight. Going forward its completly far for devs to say dont do that particular way to solo a boss. But there are other ways like with pets and its supposed to be a player driven content game not a themepark.

The devs should fix a mechanics imbalance with other mechanics like bosses resetting health on reset or a portal blocker in boss rooms instead of telling players that intended us of mechanics to get unthought of results is exploiting.
I agree on some points here, but a game being sandbox/player-driven doesn't mean that anything goes. For example, technically duping is possible and you could make that same argument that the mechanics of the game allow for it. Technically even hacking is still the player driving content, just in ways the dev didn't intend.

Those are extreme examples, and I know this isn't the same thing, but I'm just saying that exploiting the mechanics of the game in ways that give an unfair advantage is a fair line to draw, especially for a game in a rough state. Of course all of these things should ideally be ironed out & made as difficult to do as possible, but even then there will still be exploits.

The arbitration here seems like it was just shit. Seems like a communicational error. If anyone should get a slap on the wrist for it, it's the dude who made the call that it was okay, & apparently either didn't inform anyone else, or maybe have the authority to say that it was in the first place lol

Last edited: