Low pop and frustration.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Personally taking a break until sieging and necromancy are added into game. There's only so many times you can kill some noob before it gets boring. I don't even feel good about it I'm just like alright. Mining is tedious and not fun. Not even that profitable anymore. Taming is probably the most engaging and fun content but still pretty annoying and easy to lose pets. Killing bandits and zombies also only so many times you can do it before it gets boring.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Need better solo and small group PvE so when the pop is low, of if you guild is semi dead at times like this. You have something to do. Thats what they need to focus on after they get this current roadmap complete.

If you need a group to do some of the "better" PvE content in the game then you probably wont have people doing it. Why log in if you cant really play because people are offline.

PvP is the main reason to play, PvP is the main reason to PvE. If people dont fill like they can get PvP then they wont PvE which lowers the pop even more.

Focus more on content for those solo/small groups instead of killing off the PvP content which was the safety net of the game. If there is PvP to be had you will have a population.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They are also leaving cuz of zerglings mentality, but can't be blaming other players for the game's failures, that would be a really idiotic thing to do, how about we mention the real reasons people quits.

Because development is absolute garbage, worst quality of content, no QA, massive duping, broken economy, cheats and punishments to PVP.
Instead of working on learning curve and creating content for solo small crews we get clunky ass half baked content and mechanics that make shit even more tedious, their development compass is broken.

I still find it hilarious someone would keep blaming players for the game's failure lmao, thats some really tryhard shit right there.
Yeah zerg down everyone you fight or sit inside town until you can zerg down everyone you fight then lie about doing it. Then complain that its other people driving away players ect...

You cant really blame players for SV putting out a very buggy patch that cut a huge chunk of the new players off of the game as whey flavored of the month else where. That was one of the pops major hits.
Outside of that the priest changes killed off more of the older more stable population then anything else. Along with all the unfun anti PvP changes when PvP is your games base content and the reason people log on.
The PvE is lacking and all that crafting is shallow when you figure it out. People cant make money crafting with how many of the PvPers are gone.

This is a full loot survival game in a MMORPG shell. Henrik doesnt understand that.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
SV continues to make drastic changes that nobody asked for, instead of doing the changes that everyone wants, like sieging.

Continuously punishing pvpers is also completely moronic for a game that sells itself as being a pvp game.

MO2 is quickly following into MO1 footsteps and that is because the same people are in charge. The same decisions are being made. The same mistakes repeated.The same stubborn blindness is directing the games development.

What can we do? Nothing. You cant change stupid. You cant change Henrik.
Well said. Also, everyone knew making the map so damn big was a mistake. Henrik was foaming at the mouth over it though...

Tzone

May 16, 2021
SV continues to make drastic changes that nobody asked for, instead of doing the changes that everyone wants, like sieging.

Continuously punishing pvpers is also completely moronic for a game that sells itself as being a pvp game.

MO2 is quickly following into MO1 footsteps and that is because the same people are in charge. The same decisions are being made. The same mistakes repeated.The same stubborn blindness is directing the games development.

What can we do? Nothing. You cant change stupid. You cant change Henrik.
Some times Henrik says something on steam that is totally logical and correct. But a couple of months go by and he apparently for got what he learned or said.

So annoying to see him learn but then just forget about what he learned.

Reactions: tal0s

Paffu

Nov 12, 2021
Complete radio silence by SV this week.
But there WAS communication last week 🤠
"Trading Hacking Scam

Hello Mortals,

There has been a scam used by hackers to set up trades of big ticket items or rare stacks of goods which you are tricked into giving your things and/or they kill you with hacks. The Game Masters are working to permanently remove these players. For now we advice to not trade with players you cannot trust. @everyone"

So you're telling me I shouldn't trade and should fear being randomly killed by hacks at any moment.
I'm sure this got many players to hurry and log in again. Especially newer ones

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Thats good for the people that feel like doing it, i've trained and teached so many people in MO1 that i don't feel like ever doing it again, can't really be asking for players to babysit noobs because game design is poop.
But i encourage the ones that build bridges :)
ofc training and babysitting is a playstyle that wont leave much time to other tasks. I meant simply answering contructively to honest questions in helpchat, and by whisper allow them to ask more complicated questions. And ofc maybe hold back on the new player killing ;) For example, people farming graveyards are not veterans farming for profit(it might be vets skilling up, but rarely), everyone knows this, even though there are many excuses for doing it anyway.
There is no manual for this game. New players are completely lost.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Makalis

Mar 24, 2021
Help the new arrivals, dont kill them. Add them and answer their questions. MO is insanely difficult to learn. Unless you only want to fight, help them instead of killing them or ignoring them. Dont assume the naked is carrying gold, assume its a new one.
edit: the Elhazrad Shop never transport naked, we always wear armor and carry steel weapons.
I go out of my way to help some people, but i also kill and zerg others (and vice versa of course).

I belive any player can follow a role as bad or good, it shouldnt matter for the game sucess.

Main reason why i see so many friends quiting is boredom. SV focus is questionable and feels like they dont wanna listen / change.

Maps is huge and empty, excpet for points of interest close to jungle and fab. You waste hours moving arround and trying different activities, when it fails 2 or 3 times in a roll you just feels like wasting your time.

I still play and farm daily, i just dont want it to become mo1.

Reactions: tal0s

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
But there WAS communication last week 🤠
"Trading Hacking Scam

Hello Mortals,

There has been a scam used by hackers to set up trades of big ticket items or rare stacks of goods which you are tricked into giving your things and/or they kill you with hacks. The Game Masters are working to permanently remove these players. For now we advice to not trade with players you cannot trust. @everyone"

So you're telling me I shouldn't trade and should fear being randomly killed by hacks at any moment.
I'm sure this got many players to hurry and log in again. Especially newer ones
lmao is this troll or real? i wouldn't know cuz they banned me from mortal discord like 4 years ago

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Personally taking a break until sieging and necromancy are added into game. There's only so many times you can kill some noob before it gets boring. I don't even feel good about it I'm just like alright. Mining is tedious and not fun. Not even that profitable anymore. Taming is probably the most engaging and fun content but still pretty annoying and easy to lose pets. Killing bandits and zombies also only so many times you can do it before it gets boring.
what are you saying, pve is in great shape who doesn't enjoy semi-afk mining or terrible yield time consuming gathering. Find it kinda funnay the ones that said pve is great don't even play anymore xD

Tzone

May 16, 2021
lmao is this troll or real? i wouldn't know cuz they banned me from mortal discord like 4 years ago
I like robmo but he worded this is a bad way.

Basicly what happened is that hackers were trade ganking people. They get them to come to the trade with the goods then machine gun bow them down, jack the loot and then logged off.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Basicly what happened is that hackers were trade ganking people. They get them to come to the trade with the goods then machine gun bow them down, jack the loot and then logged off.

haha, that's about what I got out of it, too. I agree w/ Alb, that shit is mad funny. It does make it sound worse, but it's already pretty bad.

As for vacation, hell yea those dudes all need a vacation at once, they are hoping they can get the game stable so they can sleep for a week straight or something.

It's really sad. I understand doods cuz you say you go to a pvp hotspot, but really you want like... organic pvp? If you are in a hot spot you are either just farming people or getting farmed most likely. Or you have a decent group, and that's cool.

I really stand behind HAVEN being the actual downfall of MO because they started to reach for something that was unattainable and thus added two problematic, un-MO things: instances and pvp free zones. It was a big change in direction. It doesn't take that many people to drive this world. Getting 3k subs might be a pipe dream unless things are running perfectly, but it's those core 500 people that are gonna drive your game to that level of activity, not 2k nubs who are just pvers. Honestly heh.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

if the community only knew those hackers" don't even have to buy accounts to do it XD don't matter if they get banned...

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
What, all of them at the same time? I don't think it's because of vacation, and pretty sure a batch can land without Henrik and certainly without Robmo. But i guess the last patch was such a disaster that they've spent a lot of time fixing it.
If they're taking their time with patches that is far more preferable than trash patches every 2 weeks.

Reactions: Tzone

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hail forum users,

So, i like to roam everyday basicly. Feels like each day its getting harder to find anything, plus i have to spend more time roaming which makes it frustrating.

Map is huge and pop is dropping, what can we do? Any hot spot for small scale pvp?

Also, shouldnt castle/keep be an important part of the game? They all abandoned / empty.

Cya.
There's a fundamental problem with mortal. That is whatever you're doing often isn't worth the risk. Go out alone with steel armor and die to a mage + fighter combo for example even if they are bad players. When you take this logic all the way its almost not even worth logging in.

The game desperately needs AOE spells and or cleave, a lower TTk, life and manage regen when killing and speed boosts. If you could realistically kill someone kite in and out kill someone else etc it may be more fun to stay logged in. I'd also advocate for a big damage reduction on taking damage from multiple sources, with some way of discerning untagged friendlies.

Then you just have to deal with the I'm quitting because I suck problem.

Reactions: Dracu

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Sadly, its getting harder to find people because it is. And as more people leave, it gets more boring for the ones who stayed, making them want to leave more. SV needs to actually release some content that matters if they want the game to survive.

Camping around a popular town like Bakti or Meduli works if you want to get zerged otherwise not sure where to find people.

Damn jack you are playing this again lol?!?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they're taking their time with patches that is far more preferable than trash patches every 2 weeks.
I commend SV for not releasing the patch yet. Im ok with the silence as well if it means releasing more polished patches.

For the people that really need the polished non buggy patches in order to keep playing, I think they are else where for the time being but if/when they comeback SV needs to make sure these patches are polished.

The people who waited for release, the FotM players, and the more casual players would not keep playing a alpha quality patched game. Hopefully this is a sign of them learning that they need to stop treating this like beta 2.0 with their updates.

I can handle the bugs but the players who are weaker mental or dont have lots of time to commit to a game and value their time differently wont and they are the people that fluff up the pop numbers.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There's a fundamental problem with mortal. That is whatever you're doing often isn't worth the risk. Go out alone with steel armor and die to a mage + fighter combo for example even if they are bad players. When you take this logic all the way its almost not even worth logging in.

The game desperately needs AOE spells and or cleave, a lower TTk, life and manage regen when killing and speed boosts. If you could realistically kill someone kite in and out kill someone else etc it may be more fun to stay logged in. I'd also advocate for a big damage reduction on taking damage from multiple sources, with some way of discerning untagged friendlies.

Then you just have to deal with the I'm quitting because I suck problem.
I would like more risk for being naked. For reds its like oh shit now I have to spawn 30 mins away. Unless they are using their strong hold.
For blues its just a non stop wave of their naked bodies bashing against your sword as they grief you with rep loss.

Statloss which some people want should be for everyone if they have it because blue alts are the biggest no consequence play style in the game. Also need spawn timers if you die to much. If some blue dies 3 times in a row then he lost and should accept that loss.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Getting 3k subs might be a pipe dream unless things are running perfectly, but it's those core 500 people that are gonna drive your game to that level of activity, not 2k nubs who are just pvers. Honestly heh.

Don't underestimate the current player base! With averaged 1000 accounts in the steam chart (could be 800 during last week, but just for simple estimation) and averaged 3 hours play time per day we get 8000 active accounts. Of cause the real numbers are known to StarVault only.

Reactions: Najwalaylah