Poll: Do You Like The New Combat

Now that the combat has been out for some time do you like it more or less than before

• Yes and i'm NA

• Yes and i'm EU

• No, i'm NA

• No, i'm EU

• Yes, i'm Oceanic

• No, i'm Oceanic

• Yes, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• No, and I don't want to say where i'm from

• Neutral, Please Explain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Thanks for pointing out how much more historically accurate it is now. That's going to be important when mounted comes in.

Yeah, a lot of problems with TTK in the history of this game. First we had phalanx meta. Then tseudo meta. I've even heard of some upstart group called "The Vikings" using some shield wall meta. Block is OP and its destroying the game. No room for a skilled players to distinguish themselves. How many years is it going to take the devs to fix this crap?

Battlex

Sep 16, 2020
If not I can't really make sense of what you are trying to say tbh sorry.
When i fight someone obviously skilled in the game they always running back and forth and spinning around. Nothing a real knight would do.. So i would like a more realistic combat approach. More blocking and parrying instead of dancing around and trying to feint a slow swing hit,

Reactions: Ministro

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
When i fight someone obviously skilled in the game they always running back and forth and spinning around. Nothing a real knight would do.. So i would like a more realistic combat approach. More blocking and parrying instead of dancing around and trying to feint a slow swing hit,

Oh they try that on me, I just stand still and watch them run into my axe, it's pretty funny, you should give it a go. Just fight the way you would like with more blocking and parry and good timing, you will find it is exactly what you are after with a bit of practice.

duckydaddles

May 28, 2020
I think the issue everyone agrees that to be a "top" player in the current state requires swirling around, doing spins and adjusting your swing direction to attempt to mask the direction. Ie looking up at the air, and doing a stab motion or along those lines.

I am not sure how this can be resolved, the speed of combat increasing will only make that even worse I fear. Id love to hear the developers chime in on their opinions on where combat is, in the games current patch.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
I think the issue everyone agrees that to be a "top" player in the current state requires swirling around, doing spins and adjusting your swing direction to attempt to mask the direction. Ie looking up at the air, and doing a stab motion or along those lines.

I am not sure how this can be resolved, the speed of combat increasing will only make that even worse I fear. Id love to hear the developers chime in on their opinions on where combat is, in the games current patch.

I disagree.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I don't want steam rolling, i don't want ninja fast kills. I would love a skill based combat based off blocking and parrying. Right now it's slow AND everyone with high "skill" is dancing around like a ballerina.

The latency argument is a bad argument, i think. Going for less quality for one-server politics is understandable for a small studio but just not a good argument for the overall gameplay.

Not less quality; current speed is more realistic and solves latency issues in one go: ie. it's goodx2.

I agree, which is why I have repeatedly stated defending turns caps, and think they need increasing. The heavier your weapon/armor are, the slower you should turn. Spinning like a ballerina in combat is just silly. Winning that way is just ridiculous. This isn't MO1.

Reactions: Skydancer

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Ok that is fine, can you provide your reasons that you disagree to help people understand your view or opinion of the combat. Making a reply without an argument or way to validate your statement is wasted space on the board.

Well why / how on earth do you think I would disagree?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

The problem is too few options, not too many.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Oh they try that on me, I just stand still and watch them run into my axe, it's pretty funny, you should give it a go. Just fight the way you would like with more blocking and parry and good timing, you will find it is exactly what you are after with a bit of practice.
Damn you must be a god ingame to crush top duelers like that. I'd love to see some of your pvp videos, I really wanna learn how to be so op like you.

The only way to fix this is with a lock on system, the only melee slasher without spins is For Honor. Why waste time increasing turn caps when exploiting players will find a way to do their freaking spins again, lets just get to the root of the problem once and for all.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
"More blocking" said the guy who just previously said block is OP, lol.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
The only way to fix this is with a lock on system, the only melee slasher without spins is For Honor. Why waste time increasing turn caps when exploiting players will find a way to do their freaking spins again, lets just get to the root of the problem once and for all.
I'm not sure what a "lock on" system is, but since turn caps primary raison d'etre is to stop spinning, a really do think it's a good solution. Spinning has to go. And I haven't heart anything close to a better idea.

Battlex

Sep 16, 2020
Soo.. what i see here is: the combat is not in a good spot right now. Everyone has complains about it. Too much spinning, too slow, block OP.
My suggestions would solve all of those issues. Faster swings -> shorter Block/parry windows -> more skills based combat without spins.

Battlex

Sep 16, 2020
I'm not sure what a "lock on" system is, but since turn caps primary raison d'etre is to stop spinning, a really do think it's a good solution. Spinning has to go. And I haven't heart anything close to a better idea.
without spinning and blocking op as it is the game is too slow. you can block everything that slow right now. I don't know if you fight in game against skilled players? Thats why they all dancing around.. because there is no other way to hit.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Soo.. what i see here is: the combat is not in a good spot right now. Everyone has complains about it. Too much spinning, too slow, block OP.
My suggestions would solve all of those issues. Faster swings -> shorter Block/parry windows -> more skills based combat without spins.

May I direct you to the start of this thread, most people are just fine with the combat. around 75% of the people kind of fine.

Battlex

Sep 16, 2020
May I direct you to the start of this thread, most people are just fine with the combat. around 75% of the people kind of fine.
may you look closer. Many voted "neutral" and the post from the neutral tend to be negative about the combat.
I think the problem is, many of you guys are just happy that there will be a MO2 and overlook the flaws it may has.. Just no critique and release please.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
may you look closer. Many voted "neutral" and the post from the neutral tend to be negative about the combat.
I think the problem is, many of you guys are just happy that there will be a MO2 and overlook the flaws it may has.. Just no critique and release please.

No lol, just fine with it, Neutral does not mean negative. I have plenty of critique, just not in line with a small handfull of people here who keep repeating the same things to try and amplify their message.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
without spinning and blocking op as it is the game is too slow. you can block everything that slow right now. I don't know if you fight in game against skilled players? Thats why they all dancing around.. because there is no other way to hit.
chuckle, spinning is over bro, this isn't MO1. And if you could actually "block everything" then no one would be dying in-game, and they most assuredly are, hehe.

Last edited: