Combat Alpha Patch Notes 0.0.0.60
28 September, 2020
- Added the Alvarin races.
- Added Risar Berserker armor.
- Added melee weapon crafting.
- Added Poleaxes.
- Added option to use round compass. (Work in progress)
- Added minor animation to all lootable objects.
- Added support for crafting workbenches.
- Added first update to new level streaming. This update only affects the initial load of the world during the loading screen.
- Added Ear rig with physics. (mostly for hiding the ears when putting on a helmet, but also for Alvarins)
- Added support for splitting stacks. (the look of this UI is far from finished)
- Added directional jump animations.
- Added crafting tables to Kranesh and Fabernum.
- Added crafting materials to barrels close to crafting tables.
- Added DirectX 12 and DirectX 11 steam launch options.
- All characters and old weapons are wiped to ensure correct testing results from the new crafting.
- Disabled the queue system from swinging and blocking.
- You can no longer block immediately after a swing.
- Removed eye adaptation system, which could make the surrounding turn black mid day.
- Character creation now shows default height for all clades.
- Updated the world lighting.
- You now get a message in chat when you pickup new items.
- Players with too high ping will now be kicked from the server.
- Updated jump logic and blends.
- Renamed most weapon parts.
- First version of tweaked crafting calculations for melee weapons. (e.g. Handle materials now have a larger impact on the weapon durability and damage, so spongewood/spongewood isn’t the best choice.)
- This is a huge system and more changes will come.
- You can now use the Invert ALT option when using directional keys for attack/block.
- Fixed rare client crash.
- Fixed floor placement for NPCs. (They no longer spawn inside the ground)
- Fixed crash in new VOIP system.
- Made several improvements to the skill window. (still very much not finished)
- Fixed issue where you could paste large messages into chat turning them into weird characters.
- Etherworld particles should now work again.
- It should no longer rain in the ether.
- Fixed issue in character creation that would create a female character if no settings where changed.
- Hopefully fixed the issue that made characters fall through the ground if they teleported very far.
- Massive cleanup on server code to make the code run faster.
- Voice now connects properly on login.
- You can no longer use VOIP when dead.
- Fixed several issues inside the Minotaur cave.
- Fixed some sounds playing louder in the left channel.
- Fixed Thursar Males sometimes sounded like females when dying.
- Weapons and shields no longer scale with the player. (this caused tall players to have bigger weapons)
- Optimized the player loading into world system.
- Fixed animation re-targeting issue causing female characters to get a retracted jaw.
- Fixed issue in character master material resulting in all materials looking too rough instead of shiny. (mostly affected leather materials)
- Fixed issue in body physics where the particles would spawn in bind pose instead of animation pose causing a pop on initialization.
- Removed an issue in the animation blueprint causing unnecessary hitching, popping and random blend issues in all states.
- Changing music volume setting sometimes removes other sounds, reset audio settings to fix. (Sometimes a relog is also required.)