Combat Alpha Patch Notes 0.0.0.23
26 August, 2020
- Added support for torches.
- Added the Fabernum Tower Dungeon.
- Added Torches to chests in cities.
- Added Priests at Pig Farm, Meduli Ruins, Tindrem Gates and Fabernum Dungeon.
- Optimized rotation and location updates to make blocking archs on server more exact.
- Made minor optimizations to the server for movement code.
- Adjusted Unarmed+Shield and Sword1H+Shield attack animations.
- Removed render occluder property from player weapons. (it was causing object pop-ins behind the shield in first person view)
- Updated blends in animation logic to remove some hitches in combat transitions.
- The charge circle will now be filled when reaching a full charge at 100% damage, and then flash when the extra second for a hard charge at 120% damage.
- Slightly lowered max movement speed.
- Adjusted weapon head traces on 2H hammers and axes.
- Hitting another player when charging your weapon will no longer break the charge, but instead give a small stamina penalty.
- Click drag is now the default setting for swing/block direction.
- Increased the Minimum and Maximum view distance.
- Fixed rare crash when loading NPCs.
- Fixed issue with long chat messages. (again)
- First iteration of weather is now in. (rain)
- Fixed equip code so that it no longer unequips items if it doesn’t have to.
- Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
- Fixed bug in block state where direction would be reset.
- Fixed missing sprint animations to Sword1HShield and Unarmed+Shield.
- Fixed issue where long hairstyles would flip over the head in odd scenarios. (exposing the neck)
- Fixed Harness not showing ingame for shields.
- Fixed Harness not showing for shields in paperdoll.
- Fixed an issue that caused some players to run around unarmed when they actually were armed.
- Fixed an issue where unarmed + shield didn’t block/parry correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented shields from draining the correct amount of stamina.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the death sound from a player to be cut mid sound.
- Fixed an issue with the shield equip/unequip sounds wasn’t being played.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to play both walk and sprint animations at the same time.
- Fixed bug where certain keys lacked default binds.
- Veteran widgets. (visually complete and has the base for its backend integrated)
- Minor polish to settings.
- Lots of world polish. (Thanks for all awesome reports!)
- Fixed an issue where hitting a player corpse still played hurt sounds.
- Fixed disappearing props in Fabernum.
- Torches does not cast shadows.
- Torches light settings are a bit off.
- Some lightning/shadow issues inside Fabernum Tower Dungeon.