On Wednesday February 1st Henrik hosted his regular weekly stream over on Twitch, Where he showed off some in progress Elementalism spells on our internal test server, and hosted a lengthy QnA about the new magic school.
If you missed some of the previous streams, Henrik has also showed some nice upcoming content recently like the upcoming siege ballista and new pet bags which will be talked about below!
The stream has been archived on our YouTube channel:
Elementalism Sneak Peek
In this small preview of the Elementalism magic school, Henrik showed how a handful of the spells are looking. Here are some key points about the new school:
- Everything shown in terms of the spells visuals, cast time, damage, travel speed and mana cost will likely be tweaked before the school is released.
- There will be no new dungeon for Elementalism, instead you will be able to find the components and mysteries of the school throughout the continent of Myrland, and some low level spells may even be found on Haven.
- Stronger spells are designed to be costly in terms of mana and reagents, and to not be used very frequently.
- Elementalism spells can not be cast while on a mount.
- The Magic Reflect spell will still work against many of the new projectile spells, and will “bounce” the projectiles back toward the direction they were cast from.
- One group of spells, called “Elemental Entities”, will not be included in this first patch of the school.
- You will be able to walk while casting Elementalism spells. This is being applied to the existing Ecumenical and Spiritism schools as well.
Tower Shield Changes
Some changes will be coming to tower shields in the future to bring them more in line with how they’re intended to be:
- Tower shields will not be equip-able while on a mount, and you will not be able to mount with one equipped.
- Their weight will be increased, as they are currently much too close to round shields in weight, and the intended balance of having to sacrifice some weight in your base armor to use a very large and protective tower shield is off. We also currently have no “room” weight-wise for the planned kite shields.
Henrik also showed the siege ballista in motion last week, which you can see here on our YouTube channel if you haven’t already:
New Pet Bags
We have always planned to allow bags to be equipped on all pets, and Henrik showed some of these new pet bags that are being worked on in a recent stream:
All creatures will have different maximum carry weights, so some will be better beasts of burden than others.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of Mortal Online 2 or a newcomer in the world of Nave, dive into the vault with Henrik on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM UTC to get your questions answered by the CEO and game designer.
See you in Nave,
The Star Vault Team