On May 31st Henrik hosted his weekly stream, where he had a look at the finished Campodon armor.
Henrik also held his usually lengthy QnA session, and gave away one free copy of Mortal Online 2 on steam in the weekly giveaway.
The stream has been archived on our YouTube channel:
Finished Campodon Armor
Work continues on fitting all our creatures with craftable armor, with the latest item being the finished suit for the campodon.
To answer a common question we have seen, no the blades on the tusks do not increase damage dealt, at least currently.
Let us know what you think of it on our Discord!
The First Territory Control Public Test
The first public test for Territory Control is fast approaching as we work on finishing up the core Territory Control Systems and mechanics.
Hopefully we will be able to give a more specific ETA and date for the test in an upcoming stream. Until then, here is some information on how it may look:
- This first test will not be representative of the final patch, and may contain a few unfinished systems in an effort to get your hands on it as soon as possible for some valuable feedback.
- We are planning to hold at least two public tests, although we may need more depending on how things go.
- For the first public test, we plan to clone the live server on a specific date, so that you can log into a copy of your characters with everything as it was on the live server. Future public tests will likely not repeat this process.
- Since the public test server will be separate from live, you will be able to delete your character and start a fresh one if you choose. GMs will not be able to help you if you delete your live character by accident, so please be careful. Please make sure you know what server you are on before you delete a character. We will hopefully have a popup notice upon login that lets you know you’re on the public test server to help with this.
- The first public test will likely be open for a few days.
The Plan to Phase Out Contractor NPCs
With the addition of Territory Control and the ability to place and build priests and stables, we will be phasing out the contractor NPCs that you can place directly in your player homes.
These contractor NPCs were always meant to be a temporary placeholder until we reached the fully customizable options that Territory Control offers.
With the new priest and stable structures, you will be able to decide exactly who can access and use the NPCs inside, whether that’s members of your own guild, a specific rank or above, alliance members, or open to everyone.
These new options will also not come with the problems and annoyances caused by the contractor NPCs, such as decreasing the total payable upkeep time of your house when they are placed and allowing anyone to bind to them for their home priest location, along with the issues we are all familiar with such as the occaisional cloning.
Overall these new options will be more configurable, more polished, and in general a better experience than the current house NPCs.
So, to phase them out we are planning the following:
- We will announce a date in the future when the house NPCs will be disabled and removed automatically.
- The above date will be after the first live patch for Territory Control, giving everyone enough time to build the new structures so we don’t simply remove all the priests and leave everyone high and dry.
- When that date comes, the house NPCs will be removed.
We are also planning to potentially offer the ability to hand in your existing NPC contracts to a new NPC who will exchange them for a portion of their initial purchase value, however this comes with its own issues, especially due to the aforementioned cloning problem surrounding these NPCs.
We’ll see if we can offer something like this so you don’t feel like the price you paid for the NPCs was wasted, however it may come down to not being able to do so for integrity reasons.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of Mortal Online 2 or a newcomer in the world of Nave, dive into the vault with Henrik on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM UTC to get your questions answered by the CEO and game designer.
See you in Nave,
The Star Vault Team