Why I stopped playing the game

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I've been meaning to make this post for a while, but here it goes. I will keep this short, although I could write an essay about this. I am referring to endgame (max level, plenty of gold, and as a mage/beast tamer for reference)

Lack of reasons to get on daily
There really is nothing in this game to get you to log in daily. No farming, pets to feed, daily quests or rewards, etc. It makes it easy to log off and never log on again

It takes too much time to do stuff in this game

One reason it's hard to get back on after getting off is the sheer amount of time it takes to do something in this game. Just thinking about gearing up, getting my pets out of the stable, gearing them up, etc, traveling 30-60 minutes to a PvE spot or farming spot - not to mention the PvE spot might be farmed out already, or you might get ganked on your way there or back, making it all a waste of time

Combat is not fun at all

This might be specific to mage/tamers, but combat in this game is just not fun at all for me. PvE you have to just ride around on your horse casting spells, stopping, casting. Etc, very tedious. And there's always the chance of messing up and getting destroyed. I don't even use my pets for PvE anymore since it's not worth the risk and effort. I have lost so many pets due to them bugging out or getting ganged on by spawning enemies. Since they can't block or wear armor they die quite fast. PvP combat is also hit or miss as a mage/tamer. Either I send my pet to attack them and I hit them with some spells nearly instantly killing them or they attack me first and I can't fight back since I am and mage and just keep getting interrupted

PvE is not exciting at all

Trinkets helped a little bit, but the lack of RNG and variety really hurt PvE in this game. Honestly, even if there was a 0.1% chance of getting some rare or exciting cosmetic items, etc, pets, it would make it that much more fun. I know the game tries to be 'realistic' but so many missed chances to add cool items you could farm

PvP is not rewarding and is petty

Without sieging, 99% of PvP is just petty people killing each other to try to make the other clan angry enough to quit. Not only that, but 99% of the time you kill someone you get like 5g worth of loot. The most expensive stuff they have is usually their pet which you can't sell. It's simply not worth it, and usually not very fun either

Crafting/Gathering is mind-numbingly boring

I've probably spent like 200 hours just afk mining, and refining in this game. It is such a time waster. Click R, afk. Go to grinder, afk, go to furnace, refining oven, etc, rinse repeat. Not only is it pointless for it to take time refining, but very very boring. Not to mention it's a PvP game so you have to choose between starting at a rock for 2 hours or afking and praying noone attacks you. I have just opted to afk mine in safe zones mostly since it's more profitable in the long term. Better than staring at a rock only to not see three silent horse archers line up behind you and take all your loot

Bugs and performance, obviously

I've lost more loot, pets, etc to bugs and the game randomly freezing during combat than other players and this is a hardcore pvp game...

Boring economy
The game brags about how awesome and cool the crafting system is, which it is, but the problem is there is no demand for crafted products. Because everyone can max out crafting (or close enough) in a few hours, everyone just crafts their own stuff. It's better than scrolling through the AH hoping to find a fitting, matching piece of exactly what you need for every armor slot. Etc. So the economy is mostly based on raw materials that people buy and use to craft their own stuff. There really is no fantasy of being a master wordsmith or something, I mean you and everyone else I guess. Gl trying to sell shields... Not to mention the game missed out on making local economies and resources important. There aren't many areas that have needed resources that can only be found in one region, except maybe the Jungle I guess

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Definitely agree with all that mentioned.

Most content Is placeholder, then theres the private test team shadyness, players that develop roles in SV, like that has ever worked in the history of mortal, hope this might be the exception.

The lack of considerations with the community Is bad, terribly bad. Exploiting Is encouraged and players are subject of gamebreaking bugs that eventually after long periods of time end up making people quit. Poorly designed and implemented mechanics, the whole concept of crim punishment system Is broken under the premise of making player's life tedious in exchange of pvp.

Whole pve and crafting completly shallow and meaningless.

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
I think you forgot mentioning that :
1. All of the systems in the game, literally all of them, including combat, spells, taming, melee, crafting, building, literally every single thing, is an incomplete mess. EVERYTHING incomplete, and when you ask them about it "Its because we needed some prior work to be able to fortify our future update".
2. All of the systems in the game have at least ONE game breaking bug attached to them.
Spells sometimes dont cast when you press them too fast
When you dismount from your horse, your weapon is invisible for the other players, making your win guaranteed.
You literally crash to desktop when opening your house chests
The guards spawned with ./guards command will follow the Criminal player for 200 kilometers, they will never stop untill they die, despite not being in town. YOu can take a guard from Tindrem to Meduli given enough healing
The economy is all destroyed by dupers and spiritist exploiters
THe risar dungeon is so bugged thatyou can die at any corner form an invisible risar commander attacking you through walls

And those aint even half of all the game breaknig bugs that exist.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think you forgot mentioning that :
1. All of the systems in the game, literally all of them, including combat, spells, taming, melee, crafting, building, literally every single thing, is an incomplete mess. EVERYTHING incomplete, and when you ask them about it "Its because we needed some prior work to be able to fortify our future update".
2. All of the systems in the game have at least ONE game breaking bug attached to them.
Spells sometimes dont cast when you press them too fast
When you dismount from your horse, your weapon is invisible for the other players, making your win guaranteed.
You literally crash to desktop when opening your house chests
The guards spawned with ./guards command will follow the Criminal player for 200 kilometers, they will never stop untill they die, despite not being in town. YOu can take a guard from Tindrem to Meduli given enough healing
The economy is all destroyed by dupers and spiritist exploiters
THe risar dungeon is so bugged thatyou can die at any corner form an invisible risar commander attacking you through walls

And those aint even half of all the game breaknig bugs that exist.

Not so much forgot, just chose not to go too into all the bugs and exploits and stuff. Mostly just talking about the general game design

Reactions: Floki The Viking

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Agree with all, is why I haven't logged in in ages. I'm honestly shocked the game has the player base it has. It offers so little vs other games people could play. Yes there's not a lot of open pvp games out there. But this games open pvp is also bad and unrewarding, when you get any. Having fun in a reasonable amount of time just isn't there.

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
I only ever want to play for open world pvp. Hence why I have not logged into New World for almost a year now, and I rarely entertain logging into MO2.

Last time I logged in I played for 6+ hours straight solely looking for pvp and only found a few people to kill.

There is zero point playing unless you go as a fully mounted character (either MA or human hybrid or full mage/tamer) and ride back and forth from different locations, since this will net you the highest chance of finding someone. Or if you have <100 ping then you can go to the risar dungeon (easier to parry risars).

Zero point going to blue towns because you are either fighting guards (not even PVP at that point) or the players will not even attack you until they outnumber you 5 to 1.

SV ruined any chance for pvp, and now that the game has a tiny population the game world is even more hopeless because it is far too large to find any action.

Jul 12, 2022
US
I stopped playing cause the game is straight up a worse version of Mortal Online. It's just lazy and the staff are the exact same.

How are you going to get a different, improved product with the same people in SV with no new ideas or show real effort beyond buying shit on an asset store.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I foresee that every day we will have a crybaby post on, and everybody wil come an join hands and cry.
Hennrik will need a bigger blue bottle.

Good luck,

• Haha
Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Those who know me know that I've been here a long time. I was an enthusiastic MO1 player who dedicated thousands of hours of time and effort. Create content and generally love the game intensely. Then time passed and the game was dying little by little. (as it happens to everyone)
I was in mo2 from the beginning, when we were just 40-50 guys hanging around with henrik for fabernum.
The expectations were huge but I think it's time to give my honest opinion.

Things are not going well. Expectations have been reduced day after day to amazing limits and I see how the game loses population day by day.
What has happened? Because a game called to be a top MMO is falling like a house of cards.
Well, I think for starters there are several things that have never worked and have terribly weighed down the game. I will try to quote them all.

- Quality of life.
It's terrible. Only to travel from Meduli to MK it takes 40 minutes (one way) and another 40 (return). If you want to go from north to south you need 1 full hour (one way) and another to return (return). It is an atrocity. In a world where people can put maybe 4-5 hours into the game daily, massive time is wasted just to get to the destination.
The mounts are horrible. Our weak horses are slow, small and clumsy. They are a pitiful means of transportation. You can't create a gigantic map and barely increase the speed of your pets. It is nonsense.
- PVP
All old veteran laureates agree that the heart of the fight has not worked. I won't comment on this since I'm not a fighter, but it's very disheartening to see pvp fans denying this.
- It is not a complete game.
It was released as a finished game and doesn't even have the features that make it worth playing. TC and siege weapons. Guilds can't even actually declare war on each other. They have no way to be damaged.
- The flag system is nonsense.
- The dungeons were created for maybe 10-12 people. Without an instance system, any large guild can take out bosses in 1 minute. I have seen it personally. They are no challenge. It's terribly embarrassing.
- The economy is a mess. It has literally been dominated and crushed from day one by cheaters, massive dupe gold sellers and they have basically killed the natural evolution of the economy. The MO economy is dollarized, just like that of a banana republic.
- The content is terrible.
Legendary weapons were a total disappointment and a waste of time. As a former craftsman I expected to be able to create my own custom weapons with a proper creative and different process. The only thing we got is some kind of silly item that allows you to get some drawings on the weapon that you can't configure and some durability, they are not legendary weapons, they are just decorated weapons (very discreetly)
- The jewelry. If you were expecting a deep and elaborate system where players create high-value jewels that are visible and also grant bonuses forget it. It's a copy paste of the mo1 system, which was absolutely terrible.
- Bounty hunter system: ... is a shame. is terrible. Horrible.

I could go on like this endlessly. The feeling that terrible decisions have been made (not to mention the embarrassing launch) makes it feel like shadows are growing on the horizon.

Time will tell if mo2 survives, but based on what I've seen I'm pessimistic.
I do NOT count on having siege weapons for another year. Maybe more. It's a tragedy.
I was a die-hard fan of mo1 and supported mo2 from day 1. But to be honest I'm disappointed and generally pessimistic. Sorry to sound critical or apathetic but not how to say this without offending anyone. The game is not fun. I'm even thinking about going back with grayfox to mo1, (I'm serious)

I'm embarrassed to write this review after more than ten years here, as a die-hard fan of the world we've all created together I'm embarrassed to admit that this is a disaster, but I wanted to put my opinion on record.

What is more interesting is what you would do to fix and improve the game ?

- Bounty hunter system: ... is a shame. is terrible. Horrible.

Maybe bounty hunting could be more profitable only showing you targets that are not too far away !

Legendary weapons were a total disappointment and a waste of time.

-What would you change ? Any recommendation ?

I personally would like to see the engraving tool drop more frequently, allowing you to add magic Stats to the legendary weapon.

Henrick is such a fan of Ultima Online, so why not make somethign similar including a risk vs reward system for crafting.

Some modifiers increased the Skill Cap of Tactics above 100

Accurate+5
Surpassingly+10
Eminently+15
Exceedingly+20
Supremely+25
Magical Durability Modifiers

This could randomly roll ! This could require an additional Magic Relic or Rune to get that magical Skill Cap increase or maybe different Tiers of Runes.

We had magical modiefiers that increased the Durability of an Item in UO !

Exceptional+20
Durable+20
Substantial+50
Massive+70
Fortified+100
Indestructible+120

To get more durability it could need a second magical rune

Then there could be other Magical runes that give the Weapon magical power !

Here some ideas !
-More damage against undead creatures
-More Dmaage against Trolls

You could need to enchance the weapon
with runes one by one with a certain chance of destroying the weapon in every process in order to include an itemsink/material sink.

But what is even more important is that the monsters drop more attractive loot. But when that happens, the drops are in competition with the crafters !

This is why i am a big fan of the Blackmarket in Albion. It is an NPC connected to the Database to see which items are in need. All Monster Loot in Albion is Player crafted. They only drop if players sell stuff to the black market, which offer the player more money for specific items for orders that are not fulfilled, till they are above the price of of the auctiopn house !

This Blackmarket also act as a material sink and MO could need something similar. The Black Market could buy 2-3 Tungsteel swords. 1-2 of them could get destoyed and 1 drop as loot in the dungeon. Game could generate some random magical stats on it and make it drop as an unidentified Sword in a dungeon.

This make the game more exiting. Wow i found an unidentified sword. Might be a shitty flakestone one or even a tungsteel. The item itelf would be player crafted, so there is no competition between Monster Loot and Crafters.

it is very important to balance the Monster Loot, to make the game exciting and to get rid of the competition between crafters and Lootdrop !

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
- The economy is a mess.

In Mortal Online 1 there was a rare vendor that popped up every now and then around the holidays. Some kind of goat man with horns. Unfortunately I forgot the name. Was is Krampus Bukus ? This NPC could give out rare and one-time cosmetic items that have a high collectible value. These could cost e.g. 20 stacks of Incisium, Steel or even Cronite to drain the ammount of materials in the economy.
SV could counter inflation with a new coin. Effective immediately, the vendor could no longer accept the old gold coins. SV could implement that into the lore. The imperial bank has been cheating you and printing tipped coins for years. Therefore, new coins are no longer accepted. You could trade that 100:1 for a new Myrland Coin.Games without full loot always havea broken economy but also full loot games such as Ultima Online, Albion Online and Mortal Online have such Problems. Albion Onlien had such Problems in the beginning. After the Devs see that too many Gold in generated they stopped to produce COntent and worked on the Black Market. They made it possible to exchange Gold(Silver) into premium currency. With this premium currency you could do nothing then buying subscription. The more currency there is in circulation, the more expensive the sub will cost if you not pay with real money but premium currency, that could only be used for subscription ! If a Subscription cost 5000 Gold, no normal Player, not living below the poverty line would pay so much ingame Gold to pay for the Sub !
Only a few no lifers would do that and the game benefits from those players who are always online. The more popular the game is, the more attractive the game becomes to new and paying customers. We saw it in Albion. After the patch, the game had 15 times more players and made significantly more sales ! This method and the blackmarket fixed the economy Albion Online struggled with !

"- The dungeons were created for maybe 10-12 people. Without an instance system, any large guild can take out bosses in 1 minute. I have seen it personally. They are no challenge. It's terribly embarrassing."

The game should determine how many players enter the boss area. The boss's hitpoints could be scaled up as well as additional area damage spells could be added to the fight. The Queen could drop more eggs. A second Spiderqueen could enter the fight or additional mobs could be spawned by the miniotaur king. Just add a few doors into the boss room that are used from minotaurs to help their King.

The Loot like the Axe and the Egg are used for rare books. Give us more use for thise items. Fpr Players that already have the book. Maybe for crafting or to get rare materials.

- It is not a complete game.

More features will be added over time. S

- PVP

We need Player created points of interests (world Events) that trigger PVP !

This is very important, becuase the world is very huge.
This sometimes prevents some people from roaming around, becuase it can take long time to find other another groupt o PVP with. However, if you know there's going to be PVP at a certain point and at a certain time, then you prepare for it and log in, becuase the PVP is a lot of fun in this game !

That's why we need a meteorologist NPC who announces meteor impacts in advance and where they will approximately hit Myrland and many other mechanics i meantioned in the thread abvove. This is just one of many ideas from the thread linked above!

- Quality of life.

More Quality of life updates could save us so much wasted time !

This player wrote

"It takes too much time to do stuff in this game
One reason it's hard to get back on after getting off is the sheer amount of time it takes to do something in this game. Just thinking about gearing up, getting my pets out of the stable, gearing them up, etc, traveling 30-60 minutes to a PvE spot or farming spot - not to mention the PvE spot might be farmed out already, or you might get ganked on your way there or back, making it all a waste of time"

Here my recomendation about a hireable Stable NPC !

How many new players died in the Jungle or somewhere where you can´t find a horse spawn, or you don´t have someone with you who can tame a horse. How many times your horse died and you had to destoy your goods from your pet bags, to be able to move.

I think we need a hireable stable boy and an NPC that sell carrier pigeons to contact him. If your horse die you should be able to contact your stable boy and he should deliver one of your horses from your stable to your location in the next 8-10 minutes. The horse should spawn behind you, to not break the immersion not seeing a rider delivering your horse. (like they did it in GTA)

Then you could take a cigarette break and continiue the adventure instead of getting frustrated, becuase you had to destoy your loot, sucide and spawn in town, becuase you have no taming. This would make the game so much more small group/solo player viable.
You wouldn't waste your time as much if something bad happend to your horse and it can quickly happen that the horse die under you ass, if you have ridden down a stone too hastily.

The second suggestion i want to make is primitive crafting without a workbench. Being able to survival craft arrows, a primitive bow (compareable to vendor bow) and a primitive woodcutting axe to farm some wood for survival-crafting would be awesome. The primitive wood cutter axe should give much less yield and it should take a while to gather enough wood to craft a bow, so you can't easily grief other players continuously after you died, but it should be possible, so you're not constantly being forced to go back to town when you run out of arrows, or if a part of the armor breaks. We should at least to be able to craft a primitive survival armor without a workbench from simple lether.

Lack of reasons to get on daily
There really is nothing in this game to get you to log in daily. No farming, pets to feed, daily quests or rewards, etc. It makes it easy to log off and never log on again.

It takes too much time to do stuff in this game

Some people not have enogh time to do dungeon runs.

Personally, I think we really need a Fast Travel. No player cast moongates or recalls, but there should be strategically placed and connected magic locations (moongate spots). There's a lot that can go wrong with any form of fast travel, but the game can also benefit from it, if you think about it enough. Many players fear that too many players could use such moongates, so that there are hardly any players roaming around, who they can kill and that entire armies could be moved through a moongate during a siege. That the farmers would nowhere be safe from Pks. That Items could be transported without any risks and so on.

This all could be prevented if done correctly !

First, these Moongate location would have to be placed strategically. No less than 15 minutes from the nearest town away, to allow players to be catched. "Many players fear that too many players could use such moongates, so that there are hardly any players roaming around" Between the routes that can be skipped through using connected Moongate locations, to reach a dungeon faster and to save some time. This could be prevented by adding many more strategicly placed points of interest in those areas that can be skipped, so that these sections of the route are also interesting for PVP and PVE players, so that there are enough players roaming around in these areas !

It could be prevented that entire armies could be moved during a siege.
The Moongate could only let 12 players through per hour. Exactly the number of players the dungeon is designed for.
During siege battles, the Moongate places could be turned off completely.

SV could prevent players from traveling through the Moongate with items and i could require some kind of Moonstone, that cost Gold! Then the players would still have to build a house near the dungeon to equip themselves. They would then have to ride back with the loot, since you cannot take these items through the Moongate! Nevertheless, this would be spare one stretch. You have to calculate with 1 hour of preparation. 1 hour way. 2 hours Dunegon farming and 1 hour way back. 5h is too much for many players. That would cut the time down to 4 hours !

Last edited: