Why I stopped playing the game

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Imagine you are a person who just spawned into MO w/ a specced char and someone gave you some gear, how long would it be until you were like FUK DIZ GAM, and what would ultimately cause that? I think that's the question SV needs to focus on. Start at the beginning, not the end!
If the gameplay was fun, a long time. Theres a lot of games I play that I'm not playing for progress. I like getting progress from playing because it adds fun, but the most important thing is fun gameplay. When I play BR's with friends, shooters, MOBAS etc, I'm not playing to grind my guns or skins or anything. I'm just having fun goign for the dub. Unlocks or anything I get are a bonus 99% of the time.

MO2 has weak gameplay, and weak progression.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Yeah, the fact that the game feels like there is nothing to do at 'end-game' is why I think the best way forward for SV is to, first, finish the basic concept of the game (this won't fix the problem, but it's 100% necessary if they are ever going to deliver on an even remotely balanced endgame PvP exp., if they are to do this right it will likely be a lengthy process of buffing & nerfing things, so the sooner they can begin actually trying to balance things, the better). Everything that might be considered the 'vanilla' 'base' experience of MO2 should be completed first thing. So, that means Myrland & its dungeons, action/prof skills that are extant and not implemented, and clade gifts. This should be done asap so they can at least focus on balancing the basic experience of the game. Just get it implemented, and then worry about buffing and nerfing things to get closer to desired balance while developing the next thing...

Which should be:
Sandbox mechanics that give context to endgame. So reworking&/or fleshing out PvP mechanics, wardecs, TC/sieging, guild mechanics, and, to be honest, probably a whole host of other mechanics like PvE & PvP turn-ins, or even some kind of optional faction system that can facilitate easy no-strings-attached PvP(maybe with rewards of its own).

This is the type of stuff that would get people to actually stick around and want to keep playing once they've completed their build & built up a base of gold/items. New content like an extra set of action skills that are still buggy and or need to be balanced, or a dungeon/world boss, will bring some people back for a short time to experience it but it will never create a framework for an end-game gameloop that will retain those who have come back or, for that matter, started playing. The only thing that will do that are the underlying sandbox mechanics that will create an actual objective for people to PvP & PvE over.

The problem right now is there are no sandbox mechanics that actually create an end-game objective, or reason to PvE or PvP... You can try to collect mats or trinkets, but once you have them their only use is for wandering around aimlessly in hopes of finding some unsuspecting person to gank. For a multitude of reasons this is not a sustainable game-model.

Last edited:

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I just want when i go to bush pig spawn it to see players trying to kill my pigs and pvp mode is on auto mode :)
Now when I go to the bush pig spawn I'm all alone with the crickets having a tea :coffee:party so pvp mode its just a endless dream, I keep going there many times a day and same thing happen, I wonder why :unsure:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I just want when i go to bush pig spawn it to see players trying to kill my pigs and pvp mode is on auto mode :)
Now when I go to the bush pig spawn I'm all alone with the crickets having a tea :coffee:party so pvp mode its just a endless dream, I keep going there many times a day and same thing happen, I wonder why :unsure:
....what are you even saying?

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah let's make a new character, and go walk for 5 minutes to gather cotton make gear that is garbage then go back to the same location grab dapplewood which is even further than the cotton field outside fabernum or haven if you wanna call it that :ROFLMAO: come back to make a sword that has lower stats than the sword you spawn with, great just wasted 20 minutes of my life (or seen people on YT taking over an hour to do that) for the purpose to finish a tutorial that doesn't give you anything,no clade points no coins nothing WASTED ROFL, the tutortial is garbage to begin with and everyone knows that, the only useful thing for noobs I found is the dummy which they said it will be an npc that actually fights you like chivalry tutorial, and again it ended up being a dummy. "The beginning" as you said, is pretty much running from the town to the fabernum tower to kill bandits for enough clades/gold for books to leave haven asap, that's for veterans, noobs will just run between the GY and the town constantly for hours because that's what the tutorial tells them to do lol, and when they get tired they decide to "go on a pointless adventure" around the map for hours, find nothing probably suicide to get to the town faster because they decided to not put horses in haven like mo1 in the end game. So to answer your question, probably a few days for normal human beings to stop playing the game from the tutorial. #TheGreatNewPlayerExperience

ye, I am very anti haven. In many ways. Vets use it to maxx gainz, nubs probably don't get enough. Best troll ever, make a sword, oh it's a wooden sword that you'll never use but hey when you get good mats that's how you do it! lool.

Imagine MO spawning a player into an instance where it's like a dream or a memory where their char is specced w/ gear and maybe a lot of AI scoundrel/bandit lvl enemies, but maybe a few players if they chose to do it at the same time, and then less of a just 'chill around' tutorial, but like a big battle field to showcase that the game can be exciting. You're geared and if you die it'll just be like "This is a tutorial! Once you are in Nave, dying will cause you to lose all of your stuff and have to respawn, but get back in the battle!" Maybe some jokes if you keep dying "STOP DYING."

I dunno, that's a massive undertaking, well kinda...? To instance that? I dunno. But yea the tutorial is bad, and it surprises me to read the reviews that SV apparently listened to like... had a lot of fun in haven then spawned into Myr and got ganked, uninstalled. lol. It's like k...

I've also bitched about games that start you in some shit interactive cutscene when you just wanna play the game, but they could easily fix that by making it skippable. Haven showcases the worst parts of MO + no pvp.

If the gameplay was fun, a long time. Theres a lot of games I play that I'm not playing for progress. I like getting progress from playing because it adds fun, but the most important thing is fun gameplay. When I play BR's with friends, shooters, MOBAS etc, I'm not playing to grind my guns or skins or anything. I'm just having fun goign for the dub. Unlocks or anything I get are a bonus 99% of the time.

MO2 has weak gameplay, and weak progression.

I agree w/ progression, but I dunno if the game play is that weak. It's pretty 'up there' imo in terms of MMOs I've played. Just the nuts and bolts of it aren't bad. Doesn't mean it's not wack to do the same loop, but I'm speaking about the actual way the game plays, not what you end up doing when you play, if that makes sense. If cool stuff was happening, the game play would seem cooler, but yea progression is many ways fucked. Super disappoint, again as said, that SV continues to drop new shit that requires massive gold/zerg investment to even read the book. All that stuff except for maybe the most elite spell or two should be open to everyone IMO!

I don't mind grinding/farming, but I can't get behind gating content in that manner in a game that, up until relatively late in MO1, did not have those things. I don't think that was 'the original vision.' It's like 'fake stuff to do.'

But, to be fair, we all know everyone doesn't see eye to eye w/ me.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I agree w/ progression, but I dunno if the game play is that weak. It's pretty 'up there' imo in terms of MMOs I've played. Just the nuts and bolts of it aren't bad. Doesn't mean it's not wack to do the same loop, but I'm speaking about the actual way the game plays, not what you end up doing when you play, if that makes sense. If cool stuff was happening, the game play would seem cooler, but yea progression is many ways fucked. Super disappoint, again as said, that SV continues to drop new shit that requires massive gold/zerg investment to even read the book. All that stuff except for maybe the most elite spell or two should be open to everyone IMO!
The issue is what you do, is the gameplay. And that is ride and do nothing, ride around shooting 0 braincell ai with bow, most pvp fights are zerg to win, small scale are very easy to just run away because there's no good way to chase, etc. But they dont improve any of these things, they just add a new skill most players cant use because its 1 shitty character slot. That the few players who play mage still cant do because the way to get the book and scrolls are camped lmao.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The issue is what you do, is the gameplay. And that is ride and do nothing, ride around shooting 0 braincell ai with bow, most pvp fights are zerg to win, small scale are very easy to just run away because there's no good way to chase, etc. But they dont improve any of these things, they just add a new skill most players cant use because its 1 shitty character slot. That the few players who play mage still cant do because the way to get the book and scrolls are camped lmao.

yea I don't understand SV design in terms of content, but I mean just having fun people to play w/ IMO is enough. I am satisfied just riding around w/ bros. It's not like HARDCORE LIFE shite, but it's entertainment. Gimme a few guys who play regularly, know the game but don't take it too seriously, and just want to have fun and I think I could actually play MO2.

Crewe said something about setting out on meaningless adventures, but I mean, that's kinda MO to me, and has been forever.

You're not wrong about the limitations, and maybe I overrate myself as a fun person to play with, but def playing w/ fun people is fun.

Gimme like 3-4 guys who are like lol MO but play alil, and I think I'd be happy. A lot of people have weird ideas about MO tho, and it's def A+ as a 'get fucked up and play' game. Just generally, tho, riding around and fighting people is kinda fun. Eventually, people are gonna get mad at me for fighting people haha. Gonna get black listed from my own town when they add it in, but... I mean I'm fighting people out in the wild. They can fight me if they want, too.

I'm not in my feelings; I'm not gonna chase someone across the map. I don't enjoy zerging (or I imagine? never done it.) Like I told you before, the level of survival you get out of 2 people opposed to 1 makes it much more bearable. Even a zerg of dudes like headhunters, they might get you, but it would confuse them for awhile and you could prol take out some of their horses. I doubt they would properly assign targets, but who knows! Then y'know... 3rd person... 4th person and you're like running an elite pvp force LOL (ask QUAD, eyyy?) I mean, that's just real talk about MO. Not everywhere on the map, of course, but in general. If you got 4 down people, you are set for the majority of fights in OwPvP. Why play Skate, Eurotruck or Surgeon Sim for memes when you can play MO?

If the game can make fresh players that just came out of Heaven send them to a bush pig spawn and make them worth to pvp over moobs then its a good game.

lol I only quote this cuz I haven't heard the word moobs in so long. I know it was a typo but still a chuckle. You talk about my moobs we gonna be pvping SOONtm.

Last edited: