When are we getting a counter to MM?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
all FF with marksmanship if they do ws on any hit..lmao cmon

Right now a foot archer with a short bow can only weak spot on head hits. PERIOD.

And longbows cant weak spot at all. So no change there.

Asym bows well they can only weak spot on head hits also.

Daggers can weak spot on ANY hit, and often have a higher weak spot chance then any bow with the best dex, and weak spot chance character out there.

Reactions: Jatix

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Keep in mind if it was changed to be able to WS on any hit, they could change weakspots to not be as big. Could be a simple 10%-20% armor penetration. VS the 70 or 80 it is right now.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Right now a foot archer with a short bow can only weak spot on head hits. PERIOD.

And longbows cant weak spot at all. So no change there.

Asym bows well they can only weak spot on head hits also.

Daggers can weak spot on ANY hit, and often have a higher weak spot chance then any bow with the best dex, and weak spot chance character out there.
wrong, Longbows can weakspot with broadarrows, for a lot.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
They can heal their mount while on it. Which personally is a feature that should be removed. It makes sense but is also just OP. MO1 having to dismount to heal mounts was huge.
The only two things to bring MM in line with everything else is removal of healing mounts while on them and removal of tower shields while mounted.

Reactions: MolagAmur and Jatix

WishfulThinking

May 28, 2022
I feel like you guys have been spoiled so hard with MA and its no sway. Mounted mage pvp is a joke and pve is worse, and if you cant down a mages horse with an asym before he outbursts your horse down, you just suck plain and simple. MA was so OP, NO ONE USED MC,even though you can chunk a naked horse for 280 dmg with a lance. Thats not op though right because only 2% of mounted use it? Give me a break. Maybe try playing a mage and youll realize what a fool youve been.

Reactions: Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
if your using a longbow and damaging the mms horse he cant attack you as he hasto heal his horse and use mana.

But here is some insight into the mind of the typical footie who cries about MM.

"Uh I cant kill his horse and him so he is OP!!!!!!!!!!!"

Doesnt matter that the mage cant kill you as long as you are applying pressure to him. Doesnt even have a chance unless he pulls out a melee weapon or rides off.

Same reason why they cry Thursar are broken, because styg with passive regen means they just need to parry and they regen health. Or Oghmirs with their pots and pipes...

B*tches gonna b*tch.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This game needs dismount mechanics, im starting to think they don't add them cuz theres no dismount animation, and the animation in MO1 was garbo lmao.

Otherwise i can't imagine why theres no more dismount features. I mean EQ Is useless and it used to be one of the best support skills mages ever had. Or the promise of spear stance (i think it was) that never worked.

Reactions: Teknique

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
This game needs dismount mechanics, im starting to think they don't add them cuz theres no dismount animation, and the animation in MO1 was garbo lmao.

Otherwise i can't imagine why theres no more dismount features. I mean EQ Is useless and it used to be one of the best support skills mages ever had. Or the promise of spear stance (i think it was) that never worked.
Bonk em with a mace.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
if they didn't have tower shields i could prol get one but I dunno if I could with shields, havent fought a good one unfort. P hard to catch a good fat mage alone, tbh.

Edit: lol at dismount, remem flying dismount in MO1, knocking people off cliffs n shit? Well, people just get respawned on ground and climb up again. They need a dmg mount cooldown haha.

D

Dracu

Everytime somebody mentions psy as a defensive tool against mages i wanna bite into my desk... Literally... Right in there... I bet it tastes awfull...

Still no idea why a spear straight into a horses face doesnt make it flinch one bit... Yep thats how horse vs spears works... But man that earth quake? Maybe i let you dismount the enemy player... Maybe... But hey we have bows... Bows keep it at bay... Problem solved everyone can go home

Last edited by a moderator:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Everytime somebody mentions psy as a defensive tool against mages i wanna bite into my desk... Literally... Right in there... I bet it tastes awfull...

Still no idea why a spear straight into a horses face doesnt make it flinch one bit... Yep thats how horse vs spears works... But man that earth quake? Maybe i let you dismount the enemy player... Maybe... But hey we have bows... Bows keep it at bay... Problem solved everyone can go home

yea, that's why weak spots are good, at least get an 80 or something. And when you dismount they just fall lightly to the ground. Just climb back on. heh. You gotta hope they get stuck inside their horse. GG.

D

Dracu

yea, that's why weak spots are good, at least get an 80 or something. And when you dismount they just fall lightly to the ground. Just climb back on. heh. You gotta hope they get stuck inside their horse. GG.
Weakspots are garbage cause rng, but looks like you listed everything that needs adjustments to fix this hitting mounted with melee weapon BS

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

You assuming every build has bows or can wield maces. People here are crybabies because they got ganked by MM, MM Is not the problem. Whole mounteds are garbo, and there has to be a wider spectrum of dismount tools for a variety of builds and not only strenght builds.

D

Dracu

You assuming every build has bows or can wield maces. People here are crybabies because they got ganked by MM, MM Is not the problem. Whole mounteds are garbo, and there has to be a wider spectrum of dismount tools for a variety of builds and not only strenght builds.
this, the core issue is mounted system, that needs fixing.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
this, the core issue is mounted system, that needs fixing.

I need weak spot spears! The problem w/ mounted is it's too easily countered by LB and not easily enough by anything else IMO. It's kinda like MO1 TM axes, either have a long bow or you don't. Of course, we w/ archery and a shorty can do it, too, somewhat. We aren't gonna get a horse in a zerg tho, with a LB you could.

But RNG is eh but 'have it or not' break points also suck! Plus there were TM hits in MO1 that didn't dismount, so there is always rng. RNG levels out over time.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

"Just wait till you get weapon special attacks." - Henrik 2022.

Spears will have a special attack that is an auto-dismount for any mounted who is dumb enough to run into it. Spear Stance.... which makes you immobile for a few seconds but it braces the spear in the famous "Braveheart" stance and IF a mounted runs into it no matter the speed it is an automatic dismount of the player. But the faster the mount goes the more damage it takes from the hit.

Problem is you can easily see it and just turn...