When are we getting a counter to MM?

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
Whether or not you think MMs are overtuned or in a perfect state, I think we can all agree that there is no viable counter against MMs. The only counter, which is half baked into the game, is knockdown and its not guaranteed. I hope that SV uses their "data" that Henrik talks so much about to see the balance issues right now. Again, I am not saying that MM is OP or not, but I am saying that it has no counter. Honestly, with the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the MM change, I can't believe SV has chosen to do absolutely nothing, and I do not see anything listed on the "roadmap" suggesting a change.

Plz fix.

Fartest

Mar 23, 2022
mm with good horse armour and high lvl horse xD
you cant outrun them on foot or on horse xD
you cant heal yourself when mage puts anti heal on you xD
you cant bandage your horse when mounted xD
you can only use longbows on foot xD
magic dmg ignores armour for player and horse xD
high dex mages which is all of them makes daggers very strong even in melee xD
its balanced only every 2nd player you see is a mm dexmage xD
shooting arrows in game full of desync vs lock on spells xD
mage starts casting a spell before going red just so they get the first hit or no kill count xD
top of that gets gets easy profesion points with int xD
heal and dps from ecumenical xD

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Also including psyche into your character build will render magic less effective against you. Psyche is your defensive armor against magic that never drops or has to be replaced when you die. People just get greedy though and never incorporate it into their builds. People do have the tools to counter magic.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Unless the mage got a tower shield on the back. But no mage ever does this, right?
I do, But only because that is the only option for survival.
Also including psyche into your character build will render magic less effective against you. Psyche is your defensive armor against magic that never drops or has to be replaced when you die. People just get greedy though and never incorporate it into their builds. People do have the tools to counter magic.
Could of not said it better my self.

Reactions: Elijah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
mm with good horse armour and high lvl horse xD
you cant outrun them on foot or on horse xD
you cant heal yourself when mage puts anti heal on you xD
you cant bandage your horse when mounted xD
you can only use longbows on foot xD
magic dmg ignores armour for player and horse xD
high dex mages which is all of them makes daggers very strong even in melee xD
its balanced only every 2nd player you see is a mm dexmage xD
shooting arrows in game full of desync vs lock on spells xD
mage starts casting a spell before going red just so they get the first hit or no kill count xD
top of that gets gets easy profesion points with int xD
heal and dps from ecumenical xD
Seeing as it is client side hit detection desync isnt an issue.

Mages dont wear armor so there goes that argument.

Dagger mages are different than MMs... MMs are wheelchair builds and generally cant fight on foot.

He asked for counters for MMs... well longbows are a counter. Dont like it spec fulling into MA or MC and use a Assym bow on a Ogh MA.

You cant outrun anyone on foot if they are on a horse... doesnt matter if they are a MM or a MC.

You can draw a bow before hitting them.. thus you can do the samething.

LOL stop.

The only thing I agree with is the cant bandage while on your horse. I say remove the ability to heal the mount while you are on it. Problem solved.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

Dagger mages are different than MMs... MMs are wheelchair builds and generally cant fight on foot.

He asked for counters for MMs... well longbows are a counter. Dont like it spec fulling into MA or MC and use a Assym bow on a Ogh MA.

You cant outrun anyone on foot if they are on a horse... doesnt matter if they are a MM or a MC.

LOL stop.

The only thing I agree with is the cant bandage while on your horse. I say remove the ability to heal the mount while you are on it. Problem solved.
He also says you cant outrun them on a horse. Like seriously? if they are armored and you're not, you can outrun them easy. If you're both armored you are moving at same speed. If you are armored and he is not. he is not going to have a horse for long if you're a MA.

Reactions: Elijah and Hodo

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They need to remove being able to heal your horse when mounted. Then a mounted has to at least ride away to dismount to heal.

Reactions: Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020

LOL stop.

You ever used a Asym bow? Super slow to pull and less dps than a shortbow.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
add balance+ knockdown/dismount animations. the other day i hit MM with a steel poleaxe for 80 horse and 50 mage.. and didnt dismount. and my shortbow only hits for 30-35. they just ignore u ..heal and ride back to u lol. then he sat to regen mana and i killed his horse..but thats another story. add proper dismount

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
Unless the mage got a tower shield on the back. But no mage ever does this, right?
Every race also has at least one clade that gives them some sort of magic resistance. Yes it doesn't last for every but if you pop it during an important part and you do damage back you might just out DPS that mage. I beaten MM on foot with a long by by killing the horse. I been in fights with MM on horse back and I took little damage cause of my PSY level. Unless it's a fat mage a lot of these so called MM aren't full mages but Hybrids so they don't go full on INT fat mage.

The as you stated this is a build problem not a balance problem. Folks spec to fight other melee chars not to fight mages. Than they wonder why they are taking full damage. They dump the one stat that helps you against magic.

Reactions: Hodo and 2Op4Scrubs

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
add balance+ knockdown/dismount animations. the other day i hit MM with a steel poleaxe for 80 horse and 50 mage.. and didnt dismount. and my shortbow only hits for 30-35. they just ignore u ..heal and ride back to u lol. then he sat to regen mana and i killed his horse..but thats another story. add proper dismount
Knock down is based off of blunt damage currently.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I would like to see two things changed in regards to countering MM.

#1. MAs should be buffed IF they invest 500 points in archery. Marksman should now do a minor slow when it hits legs, minor damage debuff to arms, and a lesser weakspot bonus on torso. Breathing Technique should be removed from the game entirely and replaced with bow type skills (shortbow, assym, and longbow). You should do 75% of the damage you do now with just archery, and 125% with archery and the bow skill trained.

#2. Hitting a MMs horse effects counting as if you had hit the MM itself (Makes sense, a horse is going to flinch if you put an arrow in it) but MMs now cast the same speed as foot fighters.

Essentially this opens it up so an MA pegging an MM's horse over and over is going to melt it, as well as a longbowmen they are in range of.

"But they can still run away and heal up when fighting foot opponents!"

Yeah that's kind of the point of playing an MM. And any competent foot player can lose mounted builds easy in 90% of the terrain in the game.

Reactions: Xyndius and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I would like to see two things changed in regards to countering MM.

#1. MAs should be buffed IF they invest 500 points in archery. Marksman should now do a minor slow when it hits legs, minor damage debuff to arms, and a lesser weakspot bonus on torso. Breathing Technique should be removed from the game entirely and replaced with bow type skills (shortbow, assym, and longbow). You should do 75% of the damage you do now with just archery, and 125% with archery and the bow skill trained.

#2. Hitting a MMs horse effects counting as if you had hit the MM itself (Makes sense, a horse is going to flinch if you put an arrow in it) but MMs now cast the same speed as foot fighters.

Essentially this opens it up so an MA pegging an MM's horse over and over is going to melt it, as well as a longbowmen they are in range of.

"But they can still run away and heal up when fighting foot opponents!"

Yeah that's kind of the point of playing an MM. And any competent foot player can lose mounted builds easy in 90% of the terrain in the game.

1- Marksmanship should allow weakspot hit chance on ANY hit. Not just head hits. Breathing Technique should go the way of the dodo. And it should be replaced with a second primary for longbow, and a secondary based off the shortbow and longbow skills for assym bows.. like pole weapons. With this assym bows need a buff in damage at lower ends.

2- Hitting the MM mount and disrupting the casting makes no sense. That would be like hitting a MAs mount and throwing off their aim like they were hit. Or resetting the swing on any MC every time the horse was hit.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
1- Marksmanship should allow weakspot hit chance on ANY hit. Not just head hits. Breathing Technique should go the way of the dodo. And it should be replaced with a second primary for longbow, and a secondary based off the shortbow and longbow skills for assym bows.. like pole weapons. With this assym bows need a buff in damage at lower ends.

2- Hitting the MM mount and disrupting the casting makes no sense. That would be like hitting a MAs mount and throwing off their aim like they were hit. Or resetting the swing on any MC every time the horse was hit.
all FF with marksmanship if they do ws on any hit..lmao cmon