What PVE and NPC do you want?

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
The kind of where i can absorb a thundlerash with my sword and shoot it right back and shout "I HAVE THE POWER!"

in mo1 we farmed them naked on fresh spawned characters with starter weapons xD Then the unblockable magic came and made them not fun anymore, They did two shot you prior though and you had to parry everything and it took ages and gave murdercounts. The armor was also only good for mages and Hybrids.

I do find valuable npc guard loot actually pretty important. Make City Raids actually worth it.
Killing a bunch of guard spamming carebears by steamrolling through Bakti in a 30 man zerg is not worth it as is?

You ask for TOO MUCH

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
@Slammington Unchained Who in their right mind would use cardboard to defend a bolt of thunder lol

@Dracu from the sounds of it, player made gear is going to be better than Empire guard gear. Although it may have enchantments or enhancements depending on the type of guard your facing. Im guessing lictors will be hybrids of sorts. Strong in damage and using fairly decent armor. That said, 2 players of mid level with good skill could be able to easily overcome a single lictor just off of the AI reacting to both players encounters.

@bbihah I was thinking along the lines of, you can attempt anything you want as a tamer or dominator. Down fall is if you don't know enough or have enough skill points in these skills, you'll have a lot harder of a mini game to play ( possibly causing more or less damage when failing the game). So anyone could attempt to tame the dragon, but only those who know about them and have attempted to tame them will be the only ones with any real chance to obtain them. Bringing a semi fair way to have tamers be a value without them being useless due to breeding.

( Back to Taming / Domination Suggestion )

Which brings me to breeding now. I think the auto leveling and breeding amazing pets sounded amazing but ended up killing the market of mounts. I feel breeding should be part of taming / dominating directly. As these are the only types of trades that can obtain pets, i feel they should as well be the only ones to produce more pets. This being said, if a tamer / dominator gets pets from the same herd, than that breeding pair may become more capable of producing better siblings. While if someone takes different herds and put them together they may take longer to adapt to each other ( become loyal to one another ). Then making breeders ( even if they don't use taming or dominating fully ) would have to level and introduce the mates for breeding loyalty points. I feel this could be awesome for the fact an intelligent horse wouldn't mate with a ill intalicalul horse, or even a high dex horse wont mate with a high str horse, Phy vs Con ect. I just think if players did make a grand breed of horse it would take a very long time and would be extremely valuable to the breeders, hopefully without breaking taming / dominating.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
If you wanted NPCs to be a bit more lively you could have them give Eavesdropper type clues on occasion. Could be some logic to who says what or maybe its just random. The town crier might hit at an upcoming event, things of that nature.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
( Back to Taming / Domination Suggestion )

Which brings me to breeding now. I think the auto leveling and breeding amazing pets sounded amazing but ended up killing the market of mounts. I feel breeding should be part of taming / dominating directly. As these are the only types of trades that can obtain pets, i feel they should as well be the only ones to produce more pets. This being said, if a tamer / dominator gets pets from the same herd, than that breeding pair may become more capable of producing better siblings. While if someone takes different herds and put them together they may take longer to adapt to each other ( become loyal to one another ). Then making breeders ( even if they don't use taming or dominating fully ) would have to level and introduce the mates for breeding loyalty points. I feel this could be awesome for the fact an intelligent horse wouldn't mate with a ill intalicalul horse, or even a high dex horse wont mate with a high str horse, Phy vs Con ect. I just think if players did make a grand breed of horse it would take a very long time and would be extremely valuable to the breeders, hopefully without breaking taming / dominating.

There should definitely be more mechanics in play to make you want to put more work into getting specific groups of mounts for breeding.
Leveling pets is something that really needs more ways to do as well, I think they should be getting levels sort of like how we get skills as well.

Almost any action by the pet should be stepping towards leveling, not just having it out and afking like i remember having to do with a lot of my pets(after getting them to a certain point from the stablemaster).
Combat, just generally running between places, healing passively, getting bandaged, eating, resting. All the things!

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
There should definitely be more mechanics in play to make you want to put more work into getting specific groups of mounts for breeding.
Leveling pets is something that really needs more ways to do as well, I think they should be getting levels sort of like how we get skills as well.

Almost any action by the pet should be stepping towards leveling, not just having it out and afking like i remember having to do with a lot of my pets(after getting them to a certain point from the stablemaster).
Combat, just generally running between places, healing passively, getting bandaged, eating, resting. All the things!
I 100% agree. I just hate coming back after bending people over in a 1v5 with my Spider Queen named Mia khalifa just to get it griefed by three Guttersnipes with flakestone spears and now I have to level a new pet by AFKing in the middle of nowhere to level it up. If anything, AFKing with your pets should delevel the pet if this game is to be hardcore since idling around is generally negatively corelated with health.

-Slammington Chained

Reactions: Phen

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I 100% agree. I just hate coming back after bending people over in a 1v5 with my Spider Queen named Mia khalifa just to get it griefed by three Guttersnipes with flakestone spears and now I have to level a new pet by AFKing in the middle of nowhere to level it up. If anything, AFKing with your pets should delevel the pet if this game is to be hardcore since idling around is generally negatively corelated with health.

-Slammington Chained
Maybe not that extreme, but standing around as well as paying a stable master should not be the fastest way to level.
I mean they could have pet specific ways to level as well. Spiders can process animal corpses into bones and getting level progress, wolves and bears could get increased xp from combat, boars could maybe help gathering from pickable nodes. etc etc.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

-Slammington Chained
I am pretty sure miss Khalifa can handle 3 small flakey spears poking at her...

Reactions: bbihah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You must just be doing something wrong.
I don't buy that, especially not for a quarter.*
boars could maybe help gathering from pickable nodes.
A truffle-hunting Pig would be one charming pig.

Even the humble Dog could help with Herding? The Tamer's Best Friend.

----
*Note for future historians: This was a 2020 Pandemic / Economic Crash 'Great Quarter Shortage' joke.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
And, now, a contribution to this thread from [AI]@Senusret :

Senusret: I really do hope to be able to breed all types of animals, not just mountable ones,​
all with unique and randomized stats.​

(S)o imagine not only having a truffle pig but breeding the uber pig.​
Überschwein.​

[AI]LonaMacta: With tusks on its tusks, because you like tusks.​

Senusret: Sure.​
(T)he biggest tusks possible.​

[AI]LonaMacta: A big razorback that you can ride, with a saddle, that will protect and attack and find you mushrooms for a snack.
Senusret: Because tusk size matters.​
[AI]LonaMacta: The bigger they are, the nicer they are.
Senusret: ...(I)t's how you tell the quality of the pig.​
(M)aybe even yoke a team of them together to pull a small cart​
...​
Senusret: And, really, it would be not difficult to implement since its already in-game anyways​
and would improve... the whole experience.​

--[SPQR]
Laylah, Herald of Aegis Imperium_sig_wide.JPG

Reactions: Phen