What PVE and NPC do you want?

Rhias

May 28, 2020
My complain about the fishes was not constructive. So I though about how to improve it.
There were some basic things broken I don't even want to talk about.

But one thing that would be really cool is if fishes won't stay in meele distance but circle you like sharks.
Fish swims around you, attacks/charges you, and flees from you to repeat it.

Could also be usefull for non water creatures.
A razorback charges you, runs out of meele distance, turns and charges you again.
This would add a lot more movement into the combat instead of that static block/attack mechanic from MO1.
And now if you could dodge those charges by moving... Mind blowing!

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
My complain about the fishes was not constructive. So I though about how to improve it.
There were some basic things broken I don't even want to talk about.

But one thing that would be really cool is if fishes won't stay in meele distance but circle you like sharks.
Fish swims around you, attacks/charges you, and flees from you to repeat it.

Could also be usefull for non water creatures.
A razorback charges you, runs out of meele distance, turns and charges you again.
This would add a lot more movement into the combat instead of that static block/attack mechanic from MO1.
And now if you could dodge those charges by moving... Mind blowing!
I will add some of this into my thread if that is ok. :)

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
springboks used to be skittish back in the day, but it made it so nobody could kill them since they just ran off. having this happen sounds like an interesting game mechanic but it just didnt work in practice.

sv used to talk about pve with a kind of 'bravery' stat, where if a single creature is confronted with a heavily geared team of players, it might run off rather than fight. how many players and how good their gear/stats/etc would have to be varied from creature to creature. I think it proved too difficult so it was just scrapped. now springboks are fearless

-barcode
I have covered this to an extent in my AI suggestion thread. :)

Reactions: Phen

Royboy

Jun 6, 2020
You know, the real monsters and bosses in Mortal Online should always be other players. PvE and dungeons shouldn't detract from that. I always play blue and try to avoid fights that are not massive and strategic.

Also, I kind of resent having to jump through hoops and do stuff I don't want to do to get pretty ordinary skill books like tindremic armour recipes from Gotian the Annoying and the like. Sure, hide the vendor somewhere obscure for top line stuff, but don't make me do a fucking quest.

Sorry, just realised I forgot to have a coffee...

Last edited:

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
You know, the real monsters and bosses in Mortal Online should always be other players. PvE and dungeons shouldn't detract from that. I always play blue and try to avoid fights that are not massive and strategic.

Also, I kind of resent having to jump through hoops and do stuff I don't want to do to get pretty ordinary skill books like tindremic armour recipes from Gotian the Annoying and the like. Sure, hide the vendor somewhere obscure for top line stuff, but don't make me do a fucking quest.

Haha, fair enough! Coffee is needed. But please see that without crafters and suppliers of "rare" to find items is what makes the game.

It's what brings people together and pushes them apart. My favorite example.. how are you going to get a horse, food, potions, armor set, weapon, or reagents without doing some sort of PVE? Better yet, how would you learn to fight ( or craft ) anyone without fighting ( crafting ) previously? Between both of these questions lays huges amounts of RPG or an easy way to achieve items.

Though it may be annoying, huge amounts players love exploring and learning new things. When the knowledge becomes so lost that its "hard" to find. Only then does the game become frustrating, thus brings us to Mortal Online. A game of discovery and building a life in a virtual reality. The more people we have playing the more we can retain and spread information, building this game to it's full potential. Willinging to admit, a counsel or higher power who manages the world and or guides those when overly stressed by the confusion of location, text or ditrction of anything would be nice. Down fall though, complaining would get you everything... Making MO1 heartless feeling when asking for help just wasnt a comfortable feeling. I just hope the heartless feels go away and the building of new relationships between players and members of SV.❤

Thanks for the reply, is there anything you would like to add within the AI or NPC suggestions to back the annoyance of "questing"?

Royboy

Jun 6, 2020
As I said in my post above: I always play blue and try to avoid fights that are not massive and strategic.

What do you think I do in the game? Play tiddlywinks? I make stuff to sell to those who fight, among other things. There was plenty to do in MO 1. It kept me interested, as a non-pvper for maybe three years from about 2012. Now I'm hooked on it again. Sure the PvE can be tweaked, but don't move away from the core game - PvP and empire building. That has to dominate.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
springboks used to be skittish back in the day, but it made it so nobody could kill them since they just ran off. having this happen sounds like an interesting game mechanic but it just didnt work in practice.

I disagreed with the removal of fleeing behavior then and now as well. These types of animals should instinctively flee. The whole purpose of them doing so is an attempt at not getting killed. But you could still kill them if you put time in trying to do so.

One cant really say it does not work in practice because there are very long lasting hunting game franchises that are designed solely around the concept. As well as many other less hardcore rpg type games that do pull it off.

Sure fleeing behavior needed to be tweeked in MO but, I think they threw the baby out with the bath water on this.

I know they tried to make AI act more realistically in MO1 with little success. But hopefully with the new engine they will have better tools to make pve feel more natural then they was able to in the past.

PVE does have to be improved massively if they want to have any chance of building a larger player base.

Last edited:

Royboy

Jun 6, 2020
So I gotta ask... what are the cores of this game in your opinion? Cuase there are 3 pillars to this game. I'm just confused on how or where the thought is that this is a PVP only game.. it's far more in depth than swinging swords to Valhalla. How about you shoot some suggestions and help build a new better game and not assume something isnt right cuase you dont think it's all that. I'm a huge non pvp player. I'm super confused on your comment sense it's more then some PVP game... as you said above you dont want full PVP raids and battles but stick fights are alright? I'm just sooo confused. (Now I need coffee damnit...)

Somehow you and I are not on the same wavelength. I am a non-PvP player. My non-PvP content is mining, chopping wood, collecting resources, discovering new places and new ways to get the stuff I want and get it to market without getting killed. I craft, but developing new stuff like great potions and food is not my bag. They are too fiddly. I love the taming game. Getting the beast, selling the beast. Killing beasts is good, but it needs a point, either gold or mats I can sell or use. I'm just getting into the "new" TC and housing stuff, which wasn't in when I played in about 2012 or so. That is great fun, although making the guildstones to level 2 is a drag.

One PvE change I would like: Allow a limited number of buildings to be attached to a house without having a guildstone requirement. I am particularly thinking of a lumber mill or mine or stable. 10 toons is three accounts for no mates Royboys like me.

When I have PvP'd, I like the big battles, not the one on one. I had shit lag back in the day, so I had no idea who was coming at me from where. To counter this (lol), I would charge headlong, trying to draw attention so my mates could cut down my attackers. I would die horribly and quickly, get to a priest, and then run around trying to get stuff out of people's loot bags. Now THAT was fun. Got a few good weapons out of that, which I sold.

I'm generally against hoops you have to jump through to get good recipes in the PvE game, like collecting rubies for skill books. I say BOO to that stuff. I say hide them in obscure places, but don't make people go and kill this or that boss, or collect 50 whatsits from the Snake People. That's bullshit quest stuff. Fuck that. I'm against fancy dress unless you can discover new colours and styles using a combination of skills, work benches and materials. So while I liked finding a costume for one of my toons in a grave, I'd prefer that stuff not be in the game. I lost the costume to the Dirty Turks, BTW, when they caught me placing a stable.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Somehow you and I are not on the same wavelength. I am a non-PvP player. My non-PvP content is mining, chopping wood, collecting resources, discovering new places and new ways to get the stuff I want and get it to market without getting killed. I craft, but developing new stuff like great potions and food is not my bag. They are too fiddly. I love the taming game. Getting the beast, selling the beast. Killing beasts is good, but it needs a point, either gold or mats I can sell or use. I'm just getting into the "new" TC and housing stuff, which wasn't in when I played in about 2012 or so. That is great fun, although making the guildstones to level 2 is a drag.

One PvE change I would like: Allow a limited number of buildings to be attached to a house without having a guildstone requirement. I am particularly thinking of a lumber mill or mine or stable. 10 toons is three accounts for no mates Royboys like me.

When I have PvP'd, I like the big battles, not the one on one. I had shit lag back in the day, so I had no idea who was coming at me from where. To counter this (lol), I would charge headlong, trying to draw attention so my mates could cut down my attackers. I would die horribly and quickly, get to a priest, and then run around trying to get stuff out of people's loot bags. Now THAT was fun. Got a few good weapons out of that, which I sold.

I'm generally against hoops you have to jump through to get good recipes in the PvE game, like collecting rubies for skill books. I say BOO to that stuff. I say hide them in obscure places, but don't make people go and kill this or that boss, or collect 50 whatsits from the Snake People. That's bullshit quest stuff. Fuck that. I'm against fancy dress unless you can discover new colours and styles using a combination of skills, work benches and materials. So while I liked finding a costume for one of my toons in a grave, I'd prefer that stuff not be in the game. I lost the costume to the Dirty Turks, BTW, when they caught me placing a stable.

I agree that some of these where major roadblocks with a crafting character. Hopefully having the two point pools will help this a bit.

At the very least I hope for a larger playerbase and better economy so it is easier to just buy things that you can not or do not want to do yourself. Having different things in game that some people will not like but others will is probably a good thing for that.

Reactions: Royboy

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth

I personally understand the missions. If a player wanted Tind Gaurd Blueprint, they should have to get it from them. Because its their main armor it would need to be handed to a member they trust. Plus it adds depth to each Empire. Also makes things hard for those who arent in good standing with Empires or Regions.

Agree MO1 didnt implement it very well. This is a feat for SV and I believe they can do as they properly intended now.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
For NPC Improvement, something MO1 didn't implement very well-- especially outside of Sarducaa--

Variety.

It should be technically possible and easier now to have vendors and veredaris, bankers and beggars, be a little less like a lot of clones.

Depending on location, their races should change. Depending on their local climate, so should their outfits. Last and not least, as per previous suggestions,

( https://www.starvault.se/mortalforu...e-npcs-you-have-the-models-we-know-it.126224/ in which @barcode and others already voiced their objections & projections)

you should see more of the female models on which Star Vault has spent and continues to lavish so much work in action as humanoid interactive NPCs.

This was, indeed, something that had to wait for Mortal Online 2. Now's the time.

Madwar

Jul 5, 2020
I'm hoping to see various conditional AI and events.

For example:
Seasonal and day/night wildlife.
Roaming/Migratory wildlife
Roaming "rebel" camps, roaming merchants, roaming friendly patrols
Dynamic, unpredictable events that don't repeat in the same area.
Dynamic weather
Events/behaviors dependent on weather.

As much as we didn't want NPC's to play a major part in MO1 and have players "police", the fact of the matter is players are unreliable, need to log off for sleep and other various reasons while other time zones log on. I hope to see more dynamic NPCs that make the game more interesting. I honestly want to play MO2 for PvE and PvP, and I want to be immersed like I was in MO1 Beta, before the elitist arena took over.

Really hoping for a solid PvE and NPC base. I'm not a "quester" but at this point, I sure wouldn't mind it.

I feel you, roaming NPC's and roaming wildlife with special rare spawns is amazing idea.

Going out to hunt some rare materials that can be extracted only from certain type of animal, that have a semi-random pack/roaming system implemented, would make the activity so much more organic and not so much grindy as now.

That would have an interesting effect on how players travel open world.

Reactions: Meridian and Phen

Meridian

Jun 11, 2020
I feel you, roaming NPC's and roaming wildlife with special rare spawns is amazing idea.

Going out to hunt some rare materials that can be extracted only from certain type of animal, that have a semi-random pack/roaming system implemented, would make the activity so much more organic and not so much grindy as now.

That would have an interesting effect on how players travel open world.
For sure! Keeps things interesting and competitive.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Something that came to mind then other day..
Taming / Domination animation and function!
I thought this was fun when I started, gave huge value to my tamer as breeding wasnt around yet. Then when breeding started prices went up then died once everyone had "good mounts".

Proposal for Taming / Domination upgrade: Instead of waving at an animal and kiting around the world. Building a chance to tame based on skill points. Ect ect, Why not make it like a mini game?

( * for Taming × for Domination)

*]: Jump on a undomesticated mount.
×] Lasso a undomesticated mount.
*] :Using keys and mouse movement/clicks to stay on said mount. ( the fight )
×]: Using keys and mouse movement/clicks to hold on to the lasso
*]: Mount has less fight when skills go up surrounding said mount.
×] Ability to use other equipment like rope and stakes to domesticate quicker.
×*]: Could create opportunities for AI responding to trickery. ( place a carrot on the ground and mount comes to it. )
×*]: Loyalty on both sides. ( pet loyalty for how you treat it, and your loyalty for how much you love your pet. )

Some reason I like the mini games idea in MO2, so much could be done with it based on each trade.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Yes, mini games out in the wild could work well. Building a macro for those would at least carry the risk of someone killing you while doing so.

I do think there should be some investment for a tamer such as tools and food. Maybe at least for high tier animals, so noobs can still tame donkeys naked to make a buck.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yes, mini games out in the wild could work well. Building a macro for those would at least carry the risk of someone killing you while doing so.

I do think there should be some investment for a tamer such as tools and food. Maybe at least for high tier animals, so noobs can still tame donkeys naked to make a buck.

Sort of like how there was equipment for the super end game stuff for dominators in mo1 and the sator spears and bear taming? was it?.
Difficulty level tied to each animal and impacted by the specific animals level. vs your lore+taming + more equipment. So i guess just like mo1 but with more equipment for animal types? Maybe chance of taming low and mid-high animals should be very very very chance based unless you have equipment to boost your chances and the best ones are locked completely behind equipment, like mo1.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Dracu

I want patrolling lictors that drop their armor and dont use unblockable magic.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Armor would have to be kind of mediocre compared to crafted armor if they are too easy to kill though.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
I want patrolling lictors that drop their armor and dont use unblockable magic.
What the heck is blockable magic? The kind where you can hold up a flimsy wet cardboard shield and magically defend yourself against psychic attacks and bolts of thunder?

D

Dracu

What the heck is blockable magic? The kind where you can hold up a flimsy wet cardboard shield and magically defend yourself against psychic attacks and bolts of thunder?
The kind of where i can absorb a thundlerash with my sword and shoot it right back and shout "I HAVE THE POWER!"
Armor would have to be kind of mediocre compared to crafted armor if they are too easy to kill though.
in mo1 we farmed them naked on fresh spawned characters with starter weapons xD Then the unblockable magic came and made them not fun anymore, They did two shot you prior though and you had to parry everything and it took ages and gave murdercounts. The armor was also only good for mages and Hybrids.

I do find valuable npc guard loot actually pretty important. Make City Raids actually worth it.