Video Rmoved (Guess Which One)

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Never had this exact thing happen before:
video-not-found.JPG
... TFW the video is removed in the time it takes to write a short comment.

There's someone else's screenshot of a thumbnail of it, but I don't feel like constructing all the black bars it would take to make it not violate this forum's policies.

Oh, well; it didn't look bad.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Personally I find it a little much, the sheer body ratio, especially in the hips and legs. You don't see women like that very often, if at all, and having the default shape be that way just makes me a little uncomfortable.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Personally I find it a little much, the sheer body ratio, especially in the hips and legs. You don't see women like that very often, if at all, and having the default shape be that way just makes me a little uncomfortable.
I find them to be "very much" idealised-- the ideal of SV being on the callipygous side, apparently-- and it's true as you say that you don't see women like that very often*, but then-- you don't see men IRL very often who have what is the default shape and conformation of male avatars in MO2 (so far), either.

Is there a specific different ideal you'd prefer?

----
*Even if you've spent as much time as I have in girls and women's locker rooms, and you have not. You just haven't. No way.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I find them to be "very much" idealised-- the ideal of SV being on the callipygous side, apparently-- and it's true as you say that you don't see women like that very often*, but then-- you don't see men IRL very often who have what is the default shape and conformation of male avatars in MO2 (so far), either.

Is there a specific different ideal you'd prefer?

----
*Even if you've spent as much time as I have in girls and women's locker rooms, and you have not. You just haven't. No way.
I also spoke out against the male anatomy in another location. It's too extreme. I would prefer both genders to be a little more on the average side. At least a little.

It's fun to pretend and to see sure, but I feel like a lot of the player base will end up being teens like most online games, and personally feel pushing standards like this (even in a fantasy game) is wrong.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Do remember these are not the only body type on the scale.

You will from what I heard have from Bonii women to obese and everything in between.
I've read this too, but until i see models I'm sort of assuming they will just scale the base model with fat/muscle, which I doubt will tackle what I am talking about to any realistic degree.

Reactions: Rolufe

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020
in MO2 they have dynamic body shapes, your body changes depending on your stats, both the previews male and female shown are from max strength characters (Henrik said on discord). These are not your average characters

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
in MO2 they have dynamic body shapes, your body changes depending on your stats, both the previews male and female shown are from max strength characters (Henrik said on discord). These are not your average characters
Why are there no min strength fat women shown? Why is Henrik body shaming women no wonder the video got taken down.

• Haha
Reactions: Zequron

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Im mostly just annoyed that the awkward female run is still gonna be a thing.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
If your pelvic girdle had widened at puberty, you'd still be crying about what it did to the way you run.
Pelvic girdle is non factor in my complaint. It ain't the hips, it ain't the legs, it ain't even the core. It's the goddamn arms. There's no good reason to stick them on your side like that and refuse to give yourself any momentum. They look like clowns.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
To clarify:

Are there women who run in that dumpy way the one on the left does in real life?
Yes, of course.

Are those real life women elite gladiators, pro athletes, or in any way physically fit?
NO. They're middle school girls in P.E. who are being forced to try to figure out how to move themselves for the first time in their life.

So WHY are we having the bodies of elite athletes, without the obvious technique of elite athletes? It's absurd and to the outside perspective it just looks like you're trying to make tantalizing women.

Oh but I know, "this is the hero form" right? That is a non-answer.
No hero would run like they just want class to be over so they can text that bitch Katie about how they really feel about her last Facebook post.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
To clarify:

Are there women who run in that dumpy way the one on the left does in real life?
Yes, of course.

Are those real life women elite gladiators, pro athletes, or in any way physically fit?
NO. They're middle school girls in P.E. who are being forced to try to figure out how to move themselves for the first time in their life.

So WHY are we having the bodies of elite athletes, without the obvious technique of elite athletes? It's absurd and to the outside perspective it just looks like you're trying to make tantalizing women.

No hero would run like they just want class to be over so they can text that bitch Katie about how they really feel about her last Facebook post.
So your objections have to do with the animation and not the form of the avatars. ;)

@Sebastian Persson , he's right, you know. Have someone fix that?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
To clarify:

Yes, of course.

Keep in mind here we're trying to play a game. The harder you try to simulate real life, then naturally the complexity increases. Why do you think these mmo's never come out? Don't worry be happy.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Keep in mind here we're trying to play a game. The harder you try to simulate real life, then naturally the complexity increases. Why do you think these mmo's never come out. Don't worry be happy.
I think Kavu's Complaint focuses on the unnecessary simulation of real life-- the wrong aspect of it for this game. In MO2, no-one should have to run like a dork.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I think Kavu's Complaint focuses on the unnecessary simulation of real life-- the wrong aspect of it for this game. In MO2, no-one should have to run like a dork.
Right. I just don't want to get bogged down tweaking every animation and model. If they're serviceable i'm happy. Although realistic animations in games these days are very impressive and immersive if done right.