Turn Cap Yes or No?

Turn Cap?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Realistic != fun gameplay, but I guess it looks good for investors
Sucks thats impossible to do irl. Most people irl have severe disabilities and can't do basic movements and thats what we should be emulating here

can we get a new excuse now?

Last edited:

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Sucks thats impossible to do irl. Most people irl have severe disabilities and can't do basic movements and thats what we should be emulating here

mate some NORMAL BASIC movements should be in game, it does not have to be super handicap but it should not be some derpy mordhau 360s

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

Yes many ancient manuscrips speak of whirling around like a fairy as an effective fighting method. Indeed every fighting style today relies heavily on turning your back towards your enemy. Who hasn´t seen the mighty Tyson do a 720° degree turn before landing a perfect hit and doing that to a dozen opponents at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe and Kuroi

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Yes many ancient manuscrips speak of whirling around like a fairy as an effective fighting method. Indeed every fighting style today relies heavily on turning your back towards your enemy. Who hasn´t seen the mighty Tyson do a 720° degree turn before landing a perfect hit and doing that to a dozen opponents at the same time.

Crazy-MMA-Tornado-kick-knockout.gif

sPiNnInG dOeSnT wOrK iN rEaL LiFe

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Crazy-MMA-Tornado-kick-knockout.gif

sPiNnInG dOeSnT wOrK iN rEaL LiFe

Apparently you didn´t read what I wrote. But I got a little homework in logical thinking for you. Go to youtube, look at 100 boxfights. Then count the number of times they are doing a ballerina spin. Compare that with the numbers of times they don´t.

I´ll have that paper on monday before patch.

I´ll even give you a starter. Sorry if this is somehow offensive to you.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Apparently you didn´t read what I wrote. But I got a little homework in logical thinking for you. Go to youtube, look at 100 boxfights. Then count the number of times they are doing a ballerina spin. Compare that with the numbers of times they don´t.

I did read it tho? But you're not countering my argument in any way. You know that boxing is a very limited martial art and spinning backfists are actually banned there. But go search youtube for "mma spinning shit" or something like that and you'll see for yourself that spinning attacks are actually a very used tactic, and also very effective. There is no denying that lol Maybe you can try doing a paper about it

Reactions: Teknique
D

Dracu

Spinning in sword fighting is super ultra mega stupid. Once in super mega ultra armor its different though. I had this discussion before on discord a few times. Spinning is usefull IF the person performing it is heavily armored like we all are in mo2 or has the enemy under control. I still think that its pretty stupid in a realistic situation since you kinda always want to see what the weapon of the enemy does. But mo2 lacks a quick way to punish spinning sooo its atleast in this world technically viable.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
I did read it tho? But you're not countering my argument in any way. You know that boxing is a very limited martial art and spinning backfists are actually banned there. But go search youtube for "mma spinning shit" or something like that and you'll see for yourself that spinning attacks are actually a very used tactic, and also very effective. There is no denying that lol Maybe you can try doing a paper about it

I think I got outtrolled by you here.

Still your point doesn´t carry any water with armed fighting or even all MMA fighting. Martial arts depends on different principles. Having a sword changes that. Armour changes that. History actually shows what works against armoured parrywhores. Wrestling, daggers and clubbing them. I geuss spinning could be part of the clubbing process, but then opening yourself up like that to an armed opponent? I find that doubtful.

But I´m looking forward to waking up to a collection of youtube clips of olympic fencers ballerina spins to victory though. I wave your paper, have a great rest of the week!

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Still your point doesn´t carry any water with armed fighting or even all MMA fighting. Martial arts depends on different principles. Having a sword changes that. Armour changes that. History actually shows what works against armoured parrywhores. Wrestling, daggers and clubbing them. I geuss spinning could be part of the clubbing process, but then opening yourself up like that to an armed opponent? I find that doubtful.

But I´m looking forward to waking up to a collection of youtube clips of olympic fencers ballerina spins to victory though. I wave your paper, have a great rest of the week!
To be fair nothing about Mortal's combat is really realistic, people don't wind up stupid charges and then you move your arm to the left or the right or up or down.

Selective realism is pointless, I think i've satisfied the argument that sword pirouettes are indeed more plausible than invisible walls that stop people from moving.

Check and mate, mate

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
To be fair nothing about Mortal's combat is really realistic, people don't wind up stupid charges and then you move your arm to the left or the right or up or down.

Selective realism is pointless, I think i've satisfied the argument that sword pirouettes are indeed more plausible than invisible walls that stop people from moving.

Check and mate, mate
what check mate?! you are playing 1-D tic tac toe XD

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020

Check and mate, mate

You´ve proven that you have proven nothing. Congrats, I´ll write my greek philosophers pals to let you into the dojo.

Fighters looking like they have a seizure is not plausible. You can do some research into the pravalence of epilepsie on medieval battefields. I´m sure it´s gonna be an interesting read.

What would be plausible is what I´ve arguing for which is ways to break a parry. Like wrestling, like daggers, like a kick (bit cliche). Keep in mind I said plausibel, not realistic. As in a game mechanic that could look good, solve the problem and provide a higher skillceiling. Or we can keep the spastic movement and call it skill.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
You´ve proven that you have proven nothing. Congrats, I´ll write my greek philosophers pals to let you into the dojo.

Fighters looking like they have a seizure is not plausible. You can do some research into the pravalence of epilepsie on medieval battefields. I´m sure it´s gonna be an interesting read.

What would be plausible is what I´ve arguing for which is ways to break a parry. Like wrestling, like daggers, like a kick (bit cliche). Keep in mind I said plausibel, not realistic. As in a game mechanic that could look good, solve the problem and provide a higher skillceiling. Or we can keep the spastic movement and call it skill.
Do you have any evidence that people look like they're having seizures that i've been asking for, for days? I've only seen people do pirouettes which is more consistent with MO's exaggerated swing combat. The up down animation is a known issue that everyone agrees on. Again i've been asking many people here to show me what they're referring to because I don't believe it exists.

Since nothing about MO combat emulates plausibility I see no reason to cite it as a reason to stop sword pirouettes which fit in quite logically to MO's combat, and since no evidence exists to date of these "broken" animations people are referring to there must be some sort of agenda here.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

It was an actual tactic btw in historical spanish fencing called "La torneada"

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Not sure how that counts as wrestling when he doesnt even grab him?

Dunno, he is half swording and using his body to put force behind the point. Getting in close, using your body to leverage strength, shortening the length of your blade dynamically. Maybe it´s more like sumo-wrestling with a knife?

To quit this hilarious discussion. I´m 90% sure the horizontal turn limit is a bad idea. But I don´t mind trying it. Vertikal animations should be limited though.

Reactions: Waalan

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Dunno, he is half swording and using his body to put force behind the point. Getting in close, using your body to leverage strength, shortening the length of your blade dynamically. Maybe it´s more like sumo-wrestling with a knife?

To quit this hilarious discussion. I´m 90% sure the horizontal turn limit is a bad idea. But I don´t mind trying it. Vertikal animations should be limited though.
i am 100% SURE turn limit is good, otherwise game turns into mordhau or some chivalry bullshit

Reactions: Rolufe

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Boxing, you cant use boxing as example here. Its useless.

Muay Thai, kickboxing, tae know do, etc all have a plethora of spinning hits/kicks. Apply the same with a weapon and the result is the same if done by a skilled user.