Trash Bin in every town

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
If you put something out your inventory in a town the lotbag drops instead fo insta delete, and it than gets picked up by a guard and get thrown in the Trash bin of the city.

In front of every bank should be one, in there the items get collected everything people throw away. they stay in there for 24 hours if noone picks the stuff up than it got deleted.

Would be a awesome mechanic.

Games like: Dofus, Wakfu did this and its just funny as hell.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Nice idea! Crafters could give many items away for free while skilling up instead of throwing away dozens or even hundreds of non perfect stuff.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
If you put something out your inventory in a town the lotbag drops instead fo insta delete, and it than gets picked up by a guard and get thrown in the Trash bin of the city.

In front of every bank should be one, in there the items get collected everything people throw away. they stay in there for 24 hours if noone picks the stuff up than it got deleted.

This idea was posted by another user yesterday: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/rework-item-material-lifecycle-drop-repair-salvage.124/

As you can see here, in this portion of his post:

....on top of this, it shouldnt be possible to 'destroy' items as it is in MO1. instead it should be possible to drop items, where they will pool in a lootbag on the ground, waiting for the normal lootbag timeout to disappear. perhaps doing so within towns would be excessive so instead towns would have all dropped items go to a trash heap where they decay for the lootbag timer until gone.

this removes the problem of grief-destroying where if you know you're facing death, you'd just destroy items to prevent your attackers from gaining them. Also this prevents attackers from destroying items they cant take with them like heavy ores. perhaps new tactics would evolve where you would drop something valuable to distract attackers while you make a getaway. perhaps you could drop something where they dont see you so you can circle back to pick it up later. Also this fixes the issue of accidently being over-burdened when combat starts and being unable to destroy items to get under your max carry weight....

Reactions: bbihah and Amadman

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Yes and no... I like the ideas of what I'm seeing here. One thing to think of is overall game play when speaking of "free loot". Regardless if it's super successful items or dumb random items. By allowing people like me ( Crafter heavy playstyle) to make 1000 items in a day and have them sit around on the server for no reason. Just slows the game down overall. To keep the feels of a mmo and keeping it as hardcore as possible will be a hard conversation for different play styles.

(( NoTe!: theses are just random names picked to for clarity of of topic, rename as you see fit. Burnable = trashable = organic item
Recyleable = crafted item = non organic (excluding rocks, fk rocks...... all the millions of them....)
Dump yard = burn barn = trash hole
I dont care whatcha call em just an idea ))

In turn! For it to be achieved it may have to be done in a manner of realism. For my example of how something like this could work. By no means saying I like nor dislike this, but I am looking at the fairness of the game. Personally putting in single trash cans would be pointless due to over use. Now a "dump yard" would work fine. Under the idea that only "burnable" items can be destroyed this way. The function of "burnable" items is to be placed in a "trash can" or the "dump yard" itself to be deleted. Most items in the game will be burnable excluding crafted items using metals, bones, or rock. All of which would then need to be brought to the "dumb yard" for "recycling.

In exchange for "recycling", you get a minimal amount of material from the items recycled as a recycling rate per item.

The "dump yard" itself would be placed on the far ( slums like areas ) ends of the town's as they would burn darker smoke for the more items in their towns dump yard. In hopes the darker smoke brings players to wonder "what's being burned?". While a NPC is there shoveling coals to meet your "recycling" exchange/ immediate removal needs and to provide a list of to be "burned" items with a 24hr ( in game ) timer for deletions every evening / morning of in game time. The major towns would be the only ones with this future though. Thus keeping players closer to towns. While player made would need to be created otherwise a guilds or an owner of area is responsible for their property and trash left before "clean up time". Clean up time would be a morning or night NPC wondering for left over loot in the properties owned by others throughout the world. Taxing the ownership of the land based on the items recovered unless you own a dump yard. No taxes will be due and all items would be removed from server after 2hrs. As for all dropped items outside of towns, villages, and player made areas, should fall in a loot bag for 30mins-2hrs depending on amount of items dropped. Using the dump yard directly would remove the item from the server immediately as if it was recycled for materials. Recieving nothing but the knowledge it's gone for good at no charge by the recycling NPC. As its name suggests, a place for dumping unneeded items. Also would be the center for some crafters as lots can recycle there bad items or find materials for testing.

Not sure if this sounds dueable but please let me know whatcha think!!❤

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If a person isn't able to delete loot out in the wild the character of the game will be so changed that it won't seem like the hard core mmo that we are wanting to play. Having to wait a couple of minutes in MO1 was already too much of a change in "softening" the game.

Having a trash and a recycling area in town seems like a good idea, though, especially like you say with a time limit to keep the server cleaned up.

Reactions: Teknique

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
If a person isn't able to delete loot out in the wild the character of the game will be so changed that it won't seem like the hard core mmo that we are wanting to play. Having to wait a couple of minutes in MO1 was already too much of a change in "softening" the game.

Having a trash and a recycling area in town seems like a good idea, though, especially like you say with a time limit to keep the server cleaned up.
Things would be able to be dropped, it doesnt change things. You would 'delete' in the same fashion but some noob may end up finding the pile of 5k granum you got from the naked miner and didnt feel like carrying.

I don't see the issue there.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020

Guards are not garbagemen. They should hire players to pick up trash for 5 silver per item picked up

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
im sry maybe

Thats even better xD.

But if to much lootbags lying aroudn it could really hurt performance insta garbage bin port would'nt generate any performance problem
Garbage bin or industrial sized dumpster? I've never seen a full set of half durability plate armor, two swords and a maul fit into a garbage bin.

Also extra trash on the ground gives it that rustic, capital hill autonomous zone look to it so I'm still voting no bin.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Garbage bin or industrial sized dumpster? I've never seen a full set of half durability plate armor, two swords and a maul fit into a garbage bin.

Also extra trash on the ground gives it that rustic, capital hill autonomous zone look to it so I'm still voting no bin.
Ok than a huge pile garbage texture hill. Would be cool too. Like huge garbage piles with shit ton of stuff it that people throw away

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Ok than a huge pile garbage texture hill. Would be cool too. Like huge garbage piles with shit ton of stuff it that people throw away
I mean if it was a huge garbage hill I think people would get upset about the ghettoness and complain about property value depreciating

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Things would be able to be dropped, it doesnt change things. You would 'delete' in the same fashion but some noob may end up finding the pile of 5k granum you got from the naked miner and didnt feel like carrying.

I don't see the issue there.
The issue is that players often WANT to delete someone's gear or resources, it is part of what makes a hardcore gaming experience, and not having that will make the game less appealing to a significant percentage of the player base.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
The issue is that players often WANT to delete someone's gear or resources, it is part of what makes a hardcore gaming experience, and not having that will make the game less appealing to a significant percentage of the player base.
It should be enough that you can attack, kill, trash talk, take the items of, and destroy the homes of, any player you meet. If people get that high off of being able to also delete items, they need some mental help to figure it out, imo.

I also suggested somewhere that to delete you equipment you should have to take it to a smith and have them broken down.

In the cause of 5k granum, well... how are you going to 'break' that?

I see almost no merit in letting players delete things willy nilly. If you arent killing with room to loot and sell or salvage, don't bother.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It should be enough that you can attack, kill, trash talk, take the items of, and destroy the homes of, any player you meet. If people get that high off of people able to also delete items, they need some mental help to figure it out, imo.

I also suggested somewhere that to delete you equipment you should have to take it to a smith and have them broken down.

In the cause of 5k granum, well... how are you going to 'break' that?

I see almost no merit in letting players delete things willy nilly. If you arent killing with room to loot and sell or salvage, don't bother.
I think it has more to do with making sure they can’t come back and grab their loot after a big battle

Reactions: Rorry