Trash Bin in every town

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
It should be enough that you can attack, kill, trash talk, take the items of, and destroy the homes of, any player you meet. If people get that high off of being able to also delete items, they need some mental help to figure it out, imo.

I also suggested somewhere that to delete you equipment you should have to take it to a smith and have them broken down.

In the cause of 5k granum, well... how are you going to 'break' that?

I see almost no merit in letting players delete things willy nilly. If you arent killing with room to loot and sell or salvage, don't bother.
So granum is an ore. Ore is basically small pebbles, chunks and dust of rock with metal scattered throughout it. If I wanted to "break" granum, I would scatter the shit out of it all over the floor, so it would be impossible to pick it back up. It would be easier to remine it, hence, "breaking/destroying" the granum.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
So granum is an ore. Ore is basically small pebbles, chunks and dust of rock with metal scattered throughout it. If I wanted to "break" granum, I would scatter the shit out of it all over the floor, so it would be impossible to pick it back up. It would be easier to remine it, hence, "breaking/destroying" the granum.
I mean fair enough, but there would at least need to be a long channel considering the amount

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Sounds good, but im conflicted.

Imo it is a good realistic thing to change but too costly for what it does.

Imagine a bunch of players running around dropping shit all over, just not good imo.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think it has more to do with making sure they can’t come back and grab their loot after a big battle
Exactly. You can fight against a bigger group in MO, for one reason, because it takes time for players to regear and get back into the fight. In smaller fights it has an effect as well, though, or when roaming by yourself, if you are fighting several people you can only pick up a limited amount of stuff, when SV changed the rules on loot it made it harder to roam successfully alone or in a small group because it is easier for a player to get back into the fight.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I mentioned this in the other thread but I will say it here as well..

If they did allow drops then maybe they could make it where it checks the area for already dropped bags and puts the items in that container. A bag could also change to a crate or something once many items are in it.

Edit... Or more in line with the thread, into the nearest trash can.

There could be set timers for said items before they are deleted from the server. Also containers could have max limits so once the max is reached then one item is removed every time a new item is added (possibly first in first out). Even if time has not ran out yet.

Not only would this come in handy in crafting areas, banks and such, I think there would also be possibilities for players to use such a mechanic in events as well.

I dont think deleting should be a thing though. Having to take time/skill to destroy or salvage would be more than welcomed. But not the instant delete that we currently have in mo. I think it would be more hardcore if players actually had to make hard decisions on what they want to take ,leave, or risk time to destroy.

Last edited:

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
How about they create the equivalent of an MO Salvation Army/Goodwill where people give their items to this guy, and he creates lootboxes that'll be dropped all over town which the little noobies could go gobble them up?

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
How about they create the equivalent of an MO Salvation Army/Goodwill where people give their items to this guy, and he creates lootboxes that'll be dropped all over town which the little noobies could go gobble them up?

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

It's a missed opportunity for such things when players can just delete their extra items.

No man needed though. The players would already be doing it themselves to clean their banks and such. The only thing needed would be mechanics to keep it clean.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You would 'delete' in the same fashion but some noob may end up finding the pile of 5k granum you got from the naked miner and didnt feel like carrying.

I don't see the issue there.
Then, if so inclined, you could kill the noob when he stopped to pick up the 5k granum you took from the first victim, rinse, and repeat.

Just keep in mind that any such system will be immediately tested to its breaking point (if any) with deliberate discards.

Random loot containers that spawned in the world always seemed to me to be missing a feature whereby you could put things *into* them-- which didn't make sense to me, as you could put a large number of things into bridges.