This Is Looking Good, Wonder If They'll Have Thievery? Pax Dei

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I'm also very excited but at the same time have concerns about the pvp system which for some reason they decided not to talk too much about.

I wished that they would be upfront about it like how SV has done with MO1 and MO2, who straight up told anyone checking out the game that it's "free for all pvp anywhere anytime with full looting" literally in the first few sentences.

Their presentation and narration is slick and uses all the right buzz words, but the more I watch it the more I get the feeling that they're appealing to a very different crowd than the one we are in.

I may be wrong and I hope I am, but the way they did the reveal is giving me the vibe that it may not be in the same league as MO2.

But we will wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherryKush

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"free for all pvp anywhere anytime with full looting"

Even MO isn't really like that anymore, haha. I've given it a lot of thought. Sandbox theory. I remm I came into some indie sandbox and made a MOFO like post (well I've been on more than one indie sandbox forum, but this one and everyone was kinda teasing me like WOW @ FIRST POST,) but the best I can say is I dunno if free for all pvp anywhere anytime with full loot is necessary. I know, everyone dropped their drinks.

The harsh pvp in MO1 created an actual world. lol. "Energy" is strange. People's desire to PK plus the desire of people to NOT be griefed/PK'd and the feelings that came across from it happening in a first person MMO with deep crafting. All the times I got PK'd and I would smirk cuz dudes would be like FRUIT WTF? NON ALCHEMY FRUITS?

Anyway, I'm not versed at all in first person games. I don't think games like this would work as non first person. I think that's number 1 most important. I think deep crafting not grind is number two. THEN you add the brutal pvp on top. But if they wanna make crafting tables a safe zone or w/e, everyone who is on this forum is gonna go nuts, but does it matter?

The game will prol be trash like every other indie sandbox I had hope for, but THE IDEA is to have something that feels 'real' when you play it. Not that you are playing a really good game, but that you are looking at the world thru your own eyes, and even in MO2 with all the floating mobs, you get that quite often. But it doesn't have that 'hardcore' bent to make your senses 'open' up and accept all stimuli. You can kinda sleepwalk around in MO2.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I also didn't see a mention on the monetization aspect, although I could have missed it. Wonder what are the plans for that, otherwise this could be something, although years away probably still

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I'm also very excited but at the same time have concerns about the pvp system which for some reason they decided not to talk too much about.

I wished that they would be upfront about it like how SV has done with MO1 and MO2, who straight up told anyone checking out the game that it's "free for all pvp anywhere anytime with full looting" literally in the first few sentences.

Their presentation and narration is slick and uses all the right buzz words, but the more I watch it the more I get the feeling that they're appealing to a very different crowd than the one we are in.

I may be wrong and I hope I am, but the way they did the reveal is giving me the vibe that it may not be in the same league as MO2.

But we will wait and see.
Sounds like they are aiming for a eve type system around PvP with "red zones" and "safe zones" etc.

So far so good as they are very active talking with the community but not too detailed like SV so far they havent burned themselves like SV has a habit off.

Imo better to have less details then to get totally let down when the final system aint anywhere near what was promised like with MO and MO2.

I don't think games like this would work as non first person. I think that's number 1 most important.
I agree this is one of the downsides as they are going with a 3rd person. Will still be keeping an eye on it though and hoping for the best. 🙏

Then again MO and MO2 failed spectacularly even with forced first person. Not because of first person but still.
So far everyone who tries just cant finalize this type of game. Before its finalized its always ruined some way.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
This is looking very inspired by Mortal. Even the loading screen looks similar.

Looks fairly well polished.

Hoping for a Mortal clone not designed by lunatics!

• Haha
Reactions: CherryKush

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think it's gonna have p2w stuff... tbh? I checked it out, as I do with any game that people mention. Does look pretty, but for some reason doesn't inspire me. I dislike their archery. You guys sleep on a lot of aspects of MO because of 'other issues.'

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Sounds like they are aiming for a eve type system around PvP with "red zones" and "safe zones" etc.

So far so good as they are very active talking with the community but not too detailed like SV so far they havent burned themselves like SV has a habit off.

Imo better to have less details then to get totally let down when the final system aint anywhere near what was promised like with MO and MO2.

I agree this is one of the downsides as they are going with a 3rd person. Will still be keeping an eye on it though and hoping for the best. 🙏

Then again MO and MO2 failed spectacularly even with forced first person. Not because of first person but still.
So far everyone who tries just cant finalize this type of game. Before its finalized its always ruined some way.
Hopefully that will be the case, and that pvp will still be possible in the safer zones but with guards swarming everywhere it will basically be a suicide move.

With 3rd person camera, I think their thievery system (if there is even one planned) will involve magic invisibility or something similar. Not the silently sneaking up behind someone and performing a snoop and pilfer.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
I think it's gonna have p2w stuff... tbh? I checked it out, as I do with any game that people mention. Does look pretty, but for some reason doesn't inspire me. I dislike their archery. You guys sleep on a lot of aspects of MO because of 'other issues.'
they have 30million 12 offices to work for a game why why you think that ?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
they have 30million 12 offices to work for a game why why you think that ?
Because sandbox/lifesim is a dream selling biz. I don't like that they refer to their game as a life sim. I get possible p2w vibes. You know nobody else is gonna run a sub haha. Only SV. I guess p2w isn't awful, cuz plenty of games make you put up 50-100 bucks or grind your ass off before you can play for real. But... I dunno, that model gets stale after the first 'go around.'

I dunno what you even want in a game. Do you want to meet a girl with long braids like in the videos and touch her shoulder, maybe get rp married a bit down the line? That might be it. I don't mind that kind of stuff existing, but I did a vid for my friend yesterday to show him differences in pole sword swing speeds, and just swinging the wep and moving around... no other mmo has that. I want deep crafting (rip mo for that,) I do like role play elements/life elements, but I also want something like the feeling I got diving into that house vs two dudes as a lean veela and trying to survive long enough until someone pushed the dude away from blocking the door haha. I don't think I can get that feeling in any other game.

My other 'urges' can be satisfied by other games. I'd rather just not play. I played and even invested (tho I was savvy enough to get my money back lawl) in some of these mmos. I know I hate waiting, and I know MO is right in front of us. I'm gonna keep playing and bitching until sub, then I will probably stop playing these type of games, unless they make it able to be played with a single acct.