Thievery Removed From Roadmap

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Got bad news for you. Henrik said on that same stream that the thievery system will be tweaked so that you can’t just do it naked. You’re probably going to be risking more gold than you’re making similar to sieging.
TBH a naked thief would get to steal nothing as he would be like a light in total darkness...

And I dont want to know where a naked thief would put his stolen items.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
TBH a naked thief would get to steal nothing as he would be like a light in total darkness...

And I dont want to know where a naked thief would put his stolen items.
You're saying it would look stupid and draw attention if they were naked?

As long as the system makes sense then not too concerned about the specifics. If its going to be you risk expensive thieving tools but can't steal more than they even cost before dying no one is gonna do it obviously.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Generally speaking I think SV trying to make MO2 more "friendly" than MO1 to attract more buyers. Thats why all that guards in cemetries i.e. or that towers outside cities and no thievery.
But in the end these people that like "friendly games" will just hop onto the next shiny new friendly game that comes along. The thing Mortal had going for it was that it use to actually be "Hardcore" and that player base was loyal and stuck around because there was nothing else on the market like Mortal. If SV continues to make this friendly, there will be no one left when the friendly players hop on to the next new thing. 🤷‍♀️

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
But in the end these people that like "friendly games" will just hop onto the next shiny new friendly game that comes along. The thing Mortal had going for it was that it use to actually be "Hardcore" and that player base was loyal and stuck around because there was nothing else on the market like Mortal. If SV continues to make this friendly, there will be no one left when the friendly players hop on to the next new thing. 🤷‍♀️
This one speak the truth.

Jaygrae

Jul 14, 2020
wait I'm confused. So its FAKE or its REAL?
We are NOT getting thievery for sure???
OK if this is true this is absolute trash.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
wait I'm confused. So its FAKE or its REAL?
We are NOT getting thievery for sure???
OK if this is true this is absolute trash.
SV had thievery on the roadmap during the alpha, kept getting delayed and then removed it shortly before launch.

Then it appeared again on the roadmap to Epic Release, again it was removed along with other planned features.

Some 63% of the community want thievery, but SV just keeps giving us more fluff (mounts, armours, dungeons, etc).

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
The game already had thievery it just wasn't on rails. The thievery they deliver will never be as good as the thievery that the beta freedom allowed. They wanted to protect players and they have done it the game is boring and most of the best aspects of it have been developed out of it. For people that don't play, talk, or even think about the game anymore who would have never paid a sub. Since than they have developed the game soo poorly with those people still in mind it seems intentional. They didn't understand that the reason we promoted them was the harshness of the game "It is first person rust", "It is the elderscroles game we always wanted" while having a good game play flow and interface unlike other games that tried to do this. With that obliviousness they ruined it all. Which all started with altering the maps for factions they wanted to win because a relation of the team was getting killed. Then they systematically dismantled freedom, and time gated pvp out of the game. The fact is that it was a better game in beta. All of these complex systems for the most part just made the game worse. The bosses and resources are find, but each system is a poor replacement for the freedom it killed which is why people can't play it. No matter when they bought in they are playing a worse game today though it is especially bad for those of us that played in beta.

TruthGlass

Mar 24, 2023
I kind of expected that to happen, given the feature poll was an open door to anyone who had a Gmail account(s), instead of those who had a game account. I don't believe that this new roadmap reflects the views of the community much at all for that very reason.
These guys have been towing the line for rmters since before the game came out. They don't understand that people with invested interest in certain changes flood all player feedback including forums, discord, and feedback requests. It is probably much less now but when the game still had hope it was huge.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
They didn't understand that the reason we promoted them was the harshness of the game "It is first person rust", "It is the elderscroles game we always wanted" while having a good game play flow and interface unlike other games that tried to do this.
Exactly the very reason the MO1 core players were here supporting MO2 was because of its original harshness. There is nothing else on the market like it. But SV has decided to cater to the Carebear players removing that harshness which will ultimately push the hardcore crowd away from the game.

I guess that works for the short-term from a business perspective but the Carebears will up and leave the moment the next shiny game comes along. Then mortal will neither have the hardcore players OR the Carebear players... lol 🤷‍♀️

Jaygrae

Jul 14, 2020
"harshness"??? Some of you guys in here are RPing total "Clowns".

What KILLED MO1, and is KILLING MO2 is that most of you think "pvp" is going around, killing noobs right out of their first time leaving Haven. Deleting their crap because its completely worthless- and then sittingt there going "ya man! Ya..oooh thats some pvp!!! Oh whats that??? Too much for you bruh?? maybe this aint the game for you!"

Stupidest crap i've ever seen. Thats NOT pvp/pk. Its a bunch of children who dont fully understand if this continues you will have NOBODY ON THE SERVER PLAYING. Aka EVERY full loot pvp game thats been in the past till now.

So no, I mained a thief, FULLY support thievery entering into the game - but watching streams nightly and SEEING actual streams of new players just straight typing/quitting the game because they are just getting farmed-gear deleted- rinse and repeat ,sorry.- I just cant support it being pushed right now as much as I wish it was here.

Until this community LEARNS just some common sense OR the devs continue to PUSH OUT PVE/SAFER content in areas for the PVE/noobs- you are gonna end up with this continual decline in player #'s.

I cant even believe I argue this with streamers LIVE. The very fact that the MAJORITY of your screaming in here call this "PK REAL DEAL THIS IS WHAT WE WANT". No you WANT IT because YOU are on the OTHER SIDE of it. Soon as some massively good PvP guild squashes your so called "pvp hardcore guild"= IT YOU THAT QUITS,

too much stupidity. FIX the MMO side of the game which they have been, THEN we can introduce more griefing tactics.

Reactions: Eustaquio and Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022

What KILLED MO1, and is KILLING MO2 is that most of you think "pvp" is going around, killing noobs right out of their first time leaving Haven. Deleting their crap because its completely worthless- and then sittingt there going "ya man! Ya..oooh thats some pvp!!! Oh whats that??? Too much for you bruh?? maybe this aint the game for you!"

Stupidest crap i've ever seen. Thats NOT pvp/pk. Its a bunch of children who dont fully understand if this continues you will have NOBODY ON THE SERVER PLAYING. Aka EVERY full loot pvp game thats been in the past till now.

So no, I mained a thief, FULLY support thievery entering into the game - but watching streams nightly and SEEING actual streams of new players just straight typing/quitting the game because they are just getting farmed-gear deleted- rinse and repeat ,sorry.- I just cant support it being pushed right now as much as I wish it was here.

Until this community LEARNS just some common sense OR the devs continue to PUSH OUT PVE/SAFER content in areas for the PVE/noobs- you are gonna end up with this continual decline in player #'s.

I cant even believe I argue this with streamers LIVE. The very fact that the MAJORITY of your screaming in here call this "PK REAL DEAL THIS IS WHAT WE WANT". No you WANT IT because YOU are on the OTHER SIDE of it. Soon as some massively good PvP guild squashes your so called "pvp hardcore guild"= IT YOU THAT QUITS,

too much stupidity. FIX the MMO side of the game which they have been, THEN we can introduce more griefing tactics.
You are right about one thing here: Players are leaving because they are getting killed over and over again. But that is because the game makes it very, very easy to do so once players form big guilds. People have villages with guards all over the map, can revive anywhere and can farm the most valueable stuff in game while being 100% safe. So the so-called "harshness" is really one-sided and only applies to small groups/ solo-players. But that problem could be fixed by not allowing guilds to build 10+ outposts everywhere on the map even on top of creature and resource spawns. Give them one guild-village and every player gets the ability to place ONE house/ homestead where only they can revive. Risar/Bandit raids and guard attacks on villages (Guardattacks only if you're a banditguild near a city, Raids depending on village-size) should also be a thing and would make the game a little more realistic with less ways to outright escape the "harshness" of the world.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Honestly most people in mo2 are pretty friendly.

There are people who sound exactly like you on the world of warcraft forums. No joke nearly identical.

Jaygrae

Jul 14, 2020
LOL. Ya sorry, i'll continue to watch "streamers" nightly as noobs are farmed, gear is deleted for no reason, and they log out and quit the game.

Or the "amazing blue blockers" who ride around with reds on their backs- i'm sure i'm just seeing things.
But oh yea, the people "hovering" all outside of towns sure are "friendly".

Jaygrae

Jul 14, 2020
LOL...this is hilarious -

1. Oh yea...I'm just POSITVE thats what these "veterans" are there for "content". You know, sitting/hovering outside the FIRST town a noob just arrived in. Walks out the door to hit the cemetary to actually figure things out. Vet comes and 3 shots em, DELETES his gear and then stands around waiting for the next "round".
What amazing content! That must be it, some super secret passage way or hidden chest with a boss mob that NOBODY else knows about. I'm sure thats gotta be it. Yup, they are just there for the "content".

2. Thats it, they are ignorant. You know, they JUST got out of haven. Have NO idea whats going on. But they are a-holes. What was I thinking. Damn these kids for not spending a week STUDYING a broken wiki and dead info sites, not to mention the non-stop changes/bugs. But hey! They are a-holes for TRYING.

I'm not even gonna comment on the logic with the "chess game".

Same old crap- keep selling yourselves that "ITS NOT US ITS THEM!!! ITS THE NOOBS WERE NOT THE PROBLEM!".

Truth is you are ALREADY feeding on each other because the playerbase is down 30%+ and is CONTINUING to decline based on log in #'s.
You can go ahead and "pretend" tell yourselves its great. But when the streamers are now realizing theres NO NOOBS left to grief/kill at the cemetary they are already beginning to log into other games mid stream.

But hey, just keep believing that "THIS TIME" its gonna be different!!! "THIS TIME" people are gonna go study and WORK at a game just so they can inch 20ft outside of a wall and kill a few zombies. Yup its gonna be different, these #'s are gonna go up!

Keep it up guys! Just keep that "MAYBE THIS AINT THE GAME FOR U BRUH???"..."OH THEY WOULD HAVE QUIT ANYWAYS, THEY JUST CANT HANDLE IT".

Clown world.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
LOL...this is hilarious -

1. Oh yea...I'm just POSITVE thats what these "veterans" are there for "content". You know, sitting/hovering outside the FIRST town a noob just arrived in. Walks out the door to hit the cemetary to actually figure things out. Vet comes and 3 shots em, DELETES his gear and then stands around waiting for the next "round".
What amazing content! That must be it, some super secret passage way or hidden chest with a boss mob that NOBODY else knows about. I'm sure thats gotta be it. Yup, they are just there for the "content".

2. Thats it, they are ignorant. You know, they JUST got out of haven. Have NO idea whats going on. But they are a-holes. What was I thinking. Damn these kids for not spending a week STUDYING a broken wiki and dead info sites, not to mention the non-stop changes/bugs. But hey! They are a-holes for TRYING.

I'm not even gonna comment on the logic with the "chess game".

Same old crap- keep selling yourselves that "ITS NOT US ITS THEM!!! ITS THE NOOBS WERE NOT THE PROBLEM!".

Truth is you are ALREADY feeding on each other because the playerbase is down 30%+ and is CONTINUING to decline based on log in #'s.
You can go ahead and "pretend" tell yourselves its great. But when the streamers are now realizing theres NO NOOBS left to grief/kill at the cemetary they are already beginning to log into other games mid stream.

But hey, just keep believing that "THIS TIME" its gonna be different!!! "THIS TIME" people are gonna go study and WORK at a game just so they can inch 20ft outside of a wall and kill a few zombies. Yup its gonna be different, these #'s are gonna go up!

Keep it up guys! Just keep that "MAYBE THIS AINT THE GAME FOR U BRUH???"..."OH THEY WOULD HAVE QUIT ANYWAYS, THEY JUST CANT HANDLE IT".

Clown world.
1. There is no first town, you are allowed to select any one you want.
If the graveyard is camped don't go back to it, don't let there be "another round" and go somewhere else.

2. Research the game you are playing with YT and twitch streams if you cannot find the information in written form, there is no excuse to not know what to expect with the number of videos that now exist.

Basically it just boils down to USE YOUR HEAD... Of course there is a greater chance outside of the towns in a small radius it's going to be camped so expect that. When I travel I never, let me repeat that I NEVER use a main road. I'll also swim mats through the ocean if I can, yes its much slower and I can't carry as much but I'm much much much more likely to complete the transport unspotted. If you are willy nilly trying to kill things right outside of town you deserve your death and I would think after getting killed a few times you'd stop doing the activity thats getting you killed lol... LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES AND QUIT BLAMING OTHERS

And I'll repeat this again as well, USE YOUR HEAD, THINK... MO being a full loot PVP game at its core you have to accept if you are a solo player or small group you are at a huge disadvantage to those that have organized and are larger. You have to be sneaky, use round about paths or even get a scout ahead of you to make sure your route is safe. That will all increase your odds at survival.

Last edited:

Jaygrae

Jul 14, 2020
I'm done, again see the above post. Feel free to keep "hopes and dreams alive!"
I'm sure its gonna change "this time" though! Feel free to save this post and check it in a year so I can say "told ya so" when the population is 1/2.

GL.