The speed gap.

Do you like the current speed gap?

• Yes, its fine as is.

• No, it needs to be larger.

Results are only viewable after voting.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Further buffing the speed IS the answer. Again if I throw 20 more points into a Stat, I should benefit from it. If you think running away was super simple back in mo1 you didn't play veela or have no clue. Veelas have much less hp and Stam. We had to use terrain/water to get away even with our speed. Take away speed and were pretty terrible comparatively.

Reactions: Rorry

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Lmao, its always the dogshit tier zerglings that dont want any changes that will make fighting zergs more viable or simply make zerging not as braindead easy as it already is.

As this nonfactor Slizer kid thats probably gonna be sitting in a 30 man zerg for 80% of his gametime.

Kids are so worried they wont be able to so effortlessly zerg ppl down 15v5 that they forget that any speed changes or simply changes that make fighting zergs more viable, go both ways. If you actually put your 2 braincells together you can use the exact same mechanics that are added aswell.

"Hurr durr if speed increase i cant catch hurr hurr" allright kid then maybe you should invest into a faster character.

Slize

Mar 11, 2021
Lmao, its always the dogshit tier zerglings that dont want any changes that will make fighting zergs more viable or simply make zerging not as braindead easy as it already is.

As this nonfactor Slizer kid thats probably gonna be sitting in a 30 man zerg for 80% of his gametime.

Kids are so worried they wont be able to so effortlessly zerg ppl down 15v5 that they forget that any speed changes or simply changes that make fighting zergs more viable, go both ways. If you actually put your 2 braincells together you can use the exact same mechanics that are added aswell.

"Hurr durr if speed increase i cant catch hurr hurr" allright kid then maybe you should invest into a faster character.

U funny guy i like you. "factor" in a video game :)
Take a chill pill man. If you have nothing of value to add just stay silent instead of throwing insults.
If anyone act as a kid its you

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Further buffing the speed IS the answer. Again if I throw 20 more points into a Stat, I should benefit from it.

Your first line and second line do not follow. I agree, 20 more points into a stat should give a real benefit. Why are we so intent on the idea that the only benefit dex should give is speed though? Most other stats are far less one-dimensional than dex. The fact many people in this conversation ignore the tiny bit of stam and stupid weak spot chance is proof enough of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slize

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Your first line and second line do not follow. I agree, 20 more points into a stat should give a real benefit. Why are we so intent on the idea that the only benefit dex should give is speed though? Most other stats are far less one-dimensional than dex. The fact many people in this conversation ignore the tiny bit of stam and stupid weak spot chance is proof enough of that.
Because that's what actually makes veela fighters halfway viable. Without speed they have nothing. Less dmg a lot less Stam and HP. Why are you insistent on dex doing literally anything except for what it has always done? It's the only speed based stat we have in game so why wouldn't it give speed?

If a completely new player hopped on and wanted to make a quick fighter there would be no option. You would have to explain to them that 120 dex does not make you quicker than 97 dex. That's about when I head out because it's flawed logic.

I would understand if we added a complete different stat like agility and made that the speed stat but we dont have that lol.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Most of my playtime has been Veela. They are viable. Small speed differences like Kallard vs. Khurite may not mean much but Veela speed difference is noticeable even on flat ground. It's not GREAT before you start using your other clades to help it, but it's noticeable.

And it's precisely because they are viable I don't think they need too much more of a movespeed buff. Kallards are viable, Thursars are viable, Veela are viable, Ohgmir are viable, I don't think that will continue to be the case if the speed gap grows a ton.

Buff dex in other ways, give Khurites higher attribute total, consider racial bonuses as opposed to just clade bonuses. I feel like a massive speedbuff to fast races moves us further from true race balance. Not closer toward it.

Reactions: Bremlin and Slize

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Most of my playtime has been Veela. They are viable. Small speed differences like Kallard vs. Khurite may not mean much but Veela speed difference is noticeable even on flat ground. It's not GREAT before you start using your other clades to help it, but it's noticeable.

And it's precisely because they are viable I don't think they need too much more of a movespeed buff. Kallards are viable, Thursars are viable, Veela are viable, Ohgmir are viable, I don't think that will continue to be the case if the speed gap grows a ton.

Buff dex in other ways, give Khurites higher attribute total, consider racial bonuses as opposed to just clade bonuses. I feel like a massive speedbuff to fast races moves us further from true race balance. Not closer toward it.
That's absolutely false information though. Now you are ignoring facts to support your ideas.

All of the newer players on the forums who think mages are terrible don't understand when people tell them to kite because they literally can't get away.

Leaving the speed gap the same will ruin hybrids and mages

Reactions: Rorry

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
One thing someone said in this thread:

"When thievery comes out and veela are not the go to race something is very wrong."

I feel precisely the opposite. When thievery comes out, if there aren't at least 2 or 3 viable races I'll consider something very wrong. I want authentic choices not singular builds that are the "right" pick for a specific playstyle.

Reactions: Gulith

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
That's absolutely false information though. Now you are ignoring facts to support your ideas.

All of the newer players on the forums who think mages are terrible don't understand when people tell them to kite because they literally can't get away.

Leaving the speed gap the same will ruin hybrids and mages

When I was playing a dex mage out in GK for a bit it worked great. People would come at me, I would start running, they would realize I was faster and pull off, I would turn around and start hurling spells back into the fray. And I was playing within flamestrike range.

You can't kite if you hop into melee at partial stam, someone turns on you, and then you try to get away.

But when you're sitting at full stam casting spells a small distance from the fight and you see someone come at you, yes you can can kite. Unless they are veela melee... which apparently isn't viable? lol

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
When I was playing a dex mage out in GK for a bit it worked great. People would come at me, I would start running, they would realize I was faster and pull off, I would turn around and start hurling spells back into the fray. And I was playing within flamestrike range.

You can't kite if you hop into melee at partial stam, someone turns on you, and then you try to get away.

But when you're sitting at full stam casting spells a small distance from the fight and you see someone come at you, yes you can can kite. Unless they are veela melee... which apparently isn't viable? lol
That's really interesting! Who were you fighting exactly? Any heavy warrior would've out stammed you and not had to stop to cast.
I guess you're just not going to use factual data and instead believe whatever you want for your own personal playstyle.
Have fun with that bud!

Reactions: MolagAmur

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
WIGS among others. But as I stated, I was at full stam. This isn't a best case scenario, it's simply how the role plays. You're standing still to charge spells so you should always either be at or nearly full stam if you are sitting back a bit casting. If you have good situational awareness you're going to see people break off to come toward you. If you don't have good situational awareness then you deserve to die.

Best case scenario (for them) at the moment they break from the melee they are at 100% stam meaning they have to cover the ground to reach you, and assuming they aren't alvarin you have a speed advantage on them. However, given they are breaking out of a melee, them being at full stam is actually fairly unlikely.

Most people aren't willing to break from their team long enough to chase a target they will never likely catch who is committed to kiting. Dex mage works fine if you play it right. Only thing that dex mages currently need is a fix for the int curve.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BongRips

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

For reference on how far from the fight you can play as a mage.

Snozzle

Apr 2, 2021
Playing around on a Veela Hybrid and it seems I am better off sacrificing my extra dex to go Fat to try and make up for the low HP. This seems really counter intuitive as the unique selling point is meant to be speed. For example I feel I am better off with 205 HP and 314 spd (as fat) rather than 181 HP and 319 spd as stout.

With so many sacrifices for so little gain, one might as well go for a class that actually does dmg as well, like a Human Tindreme. The max dmg bonus an Alvarin can acheive is +11% versus 25% plus for the other warriors/hybrids classes.

High str/con tanks have far greater stamina pools which negates the small movement increase an Alvarin enjoys, so there seems little point apart from one or two Clade gifts.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
205 HP and 314 spd (as fat) rather than 181 HP and 319 spd.

Are you looking at combat sprint? Even Ohgmir run about 415ish in com sprint.

A stout Veela build should be around 176 health 437 movespeed.

Snozzle

Apr 2, 2021
Are you looking at combat sprint? Even Ohgmir run about 415ish in com sprint.

A stout Veela build should be around 176 health 437 movespeed.

I am looking a Max sped. You are correct it is combat spd of 437.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yeah, plus you are ignoring the 40+ damage arrows that a footfighter will just peg you with when you stop to cast. Unless you plan to just stand around in Kran or GK all day.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Bumping this thread up.

You did us Alvarin players dirty, StarVault. Nerfing the speed from 450 for a Lean Veela was understandable given the stam refill clade, but taking the stam refill clade away too was too much. Outside of some situational advantage in specific cities with fall damage reduction, anything an Alvarin can do a Khurite/[X] mix can do better and almost as fast with better clades and more skill points.

Edit: Additionally, now that blunt damage goes through parries it is balanced against the low STR score Alvarin even further.

Reactions: ulfy and BongRips

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Bumping this thread up.

You did us Alvarin players dirty, StarVault. Nerfing the speed from 450 for a Lean Veela was understandable given the stam refill clade, but taking the stam refill clade away too was too much. Outside of some situational advantage in specific cities with fall damage reduction, anything an Alvarin can do a Khurite/[X] mix can do better and almost as fast with better clades and more skill points.

Edit: Additionally, now that blunt damage goes through parries it is balanced against the low STR score Alvarin even further.
The Stam refill clade I don't think even works at all at this point.