THE ROAD TO THE EMPIRE. DIFFERENT EMPEROR ARCHETYPES BASED ON MYRLAND HISTORY

Which archetype of emperor do you like the most?

• Bomex

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Khutara

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Ichorus

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Komodor

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Tyrant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The bureaucrat

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Hypothetically:
Until Myrland
(¿currently pacified? ¿Myrland Khurites under the heel of the steel boot of Tindrem? ¿Risar not invading en masse? ¿Sarducaans not swarming in drug-fuelled religious fervour from over the forbidding sea?)
is actively at war,
I would reckon that you all don't need any more of an Emperor than you've already got— a party-going, paper-clad costume-hanger, seldom if ever seen.

Until then, you'd only need what you've already (somewhat informally) got in addition:

a Senate of old (not to say 'senile', though 'senator' comes from the same root) men and a few ambitious generals whose numbers will prune themselves as the internecine tides of regional battle & rebellion rage back and forth.​

But I'm not sure that Myrland's populace, despite their ancestors having survived the Irruption, are equipped to deal with such a radical change as not trying hard to have an 'active' Emperor.

*/looks for tea to sip*

ojCmJgn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Folks, the best thing to do is throw a pity copper into this poor mans battered tin cup and walk away without eye contact. There is no saving Ibarruri from himself.

I pledge to do my best to provide an insane asylum for broken men such as this in the days ahead, at my own expense. They should not be allowed to clutter our streets.

Shattered? copper coin?
I have enough coins to fill all your cups if you need alms.
I think your harsh words deserve a response.

And you will have it!

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Shattered? copper coin?
I have enough coins to fill all your cups if you need alms.
I think your harsh words deserve a response.

And you will have it!

Please, you can't even afford a cape for your back without whining about it. Admit it, you're not a wealthy man at all. Real men of wealth are too busy making more wealth and spending it. You blame everyone but yourself for your poor status, then ramble on about the Emperor and how you should be one. Bahahah!

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Please, you can't even afford a cape for your back without whining about it. Admit it, you're not a wealthy man at all. Real men of wealth are too busy making more wealth and spending it. You blame everyone but yourself for your poor status, then ramble on about the Emperor and how you should be one. Bahahah!

I don't want to be harsh on you, but I have been one of the richest men in Myrland history. Next to me you're just a poor braggart with a small bag. I've handled amounts you could only dream of. Don't make me laugh, you've always been a peasant.
You lack the right level to talk about wealth.
If you find yourself in trouble, you can work in my mansion for me as a footman.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
I don't want to be harsh on you, but I have been one of the richest men in Myrland history. Next to me you're just a poor braggart with a small bag. I've handled amounts you could only dream of. Don't make me laugh, you've always been a peasant.
You lack the right level to talk about wealth.
If you find yourself in trouble, you can work in my mansion for me as a footman.

Bahahahah! What mansion? A man who has money to spend doesn't waste their time complaining about the cost of commodities like you do. This all goes back to your ill mental health; delusions of grandeur are the resort of the desperate. He's an emperor he says...bahahah! You make a fine court jester I'll tell you that much.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Bahahahah! What mansion? A man who has money to spend doesn't waste their time complaining about the cost of commodities like you do. This all goes back to your ill mental health; delusions of grandeur are the resort of the desperate. He's an emperor he says...bahahah! You make a fine court jester I'll tell you that much.

You were always a bitter and envious little nobleman, at the success of others.
Your criticisms of me are as moving as those of a five-year-old. I can't even get mad or take it seriously. Stop pouring out your resentment for your insignificant failures on others and try to do something useful.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
You were always a bitter and envious little nobleman, at the success of others.
Your criticisms of me are as moving as those of a five-year-old. I can't even get mad or take it seriously. Stop pouring out your resentment for your insignificant failures on others and try to do something useful.

You painting yourself as a future emperor is useful? Bahahha!

I am more wealthy than you, I have owned more lands and keeps than you ever did. On what basis would I be envious of you?

Truth is, you just can't handle someone calling out your self promoting delusions, just like the religious fanatic cannot handle a non-believer.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
You painting yourself as a future emperor is useful? Bahahha!

I am more wealthy than you, I have owned more lands and keeps than you ever did. On what basis would I be envious of you?

Truth is, you just can't handle someone calling out your self promoting delusions, just like the religious fanatic cannot handle a non-believer.

We both know that's false. Not to mention my immense wealth, I owned or part owned many valuable keepsakes in Myrland that you never owned.
My rank was much higher than yours and you never went beyond being a poor peasant with airs of greatness. You failed in all your mediocre projects and you could never carry out any worthwhile initiative.
You are a petty and envious little nobleman who has never looked favorably on the rise of others. But don't forget, my name will be in Myrland written in gold letters in the history books.
You will not even appear at the bottom of a page. And we both know that's your sad truth.

LOL

Reactions: Najwalaylah