THE ROAD TO THE EMPIRE. DIFFERENT EMPEROR ARCHETYPES BASED ON MYRLAND HISTORY

Which archetype of emperor do you like the most?

• Bomex

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Khutara

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Ichorus

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Komodor

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The Tyrant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The bureaucrat

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
It is common for the Tindrem bureaucracy to sign their documents in the name of ghost emperors, as we all know.
Nobody knows who Isaios Avitus is, nobody has seen him and apparently he is an invention of the Tindremic bureaucracy.
What policies does it carry out?
Do the warlords heed his call?
From where does he rule?
Why doesn't he show himself to his people?

Do you have a roadmap to stop the chaos and ruin of Myrland?

What madness is this you speak? These are the ridiculous ramblings of the seditionist and the lunatic. Still to this day live graybeards in Tindrem who remember the opening of the gates of Tindrem after the terrible Irruption:

"Futile attempts were made to knock down the doors of metal-infused gabore, and finally the Emperor decided they would be blown up with alchemy in a grand spectacle culminating in a triumphant exodus. In the ensuing festivities something went wrong and most of the procession, including the Emperor, was blasted to pieces. It took many months of hard work to instead break down the surrounding tower and dig out the ground, so that the doors could be toppled over and dragged to Forum Tindrem, until people could exit the city by land in approximately 44 A:eD."

The Emperor himself participated in the great festivities of the opening of the city gates, and was killed during the tragic accident that occurred. This was plain for all to see and well attested.

The existence of Emperor Livi Avitus Decollator is of course well known and well attested. Without the firm direction of a great leader, the conquest of the steppe savages of Morin Khur would never have happened, and yet you still doubt?

Finally, the existence of our most glorious Emperor Isaios Avitus is equally plain to see, and his power as the power of all Imperators before him plain to see. Even if you doubt the word of the good and true Tindremic people, then believe the Nord delegation which recently had a personal audience with the Emperor:

"For the first time in 400 years an official delegation from Varborg arrived in Tindrem in 32 AD to seek an audience with the Tricapita. The delegation was led by none other than Bárd Laglegur, the current Länshövding of Varborg, who claimed direct descendance from the famous Tindremic general Cassian Andel Bellus, the original conqueror of the city. The Varborgian ruler sought a treaty with the old Empire, possibly even a reunion, and had brought valuable gifts and a boatload of famous Varborgian ale. Isaios Avitus dismissed the tribute with the now famous dictum “Wine smells like nectar, beer smells like goat”, and went on to accuse Bárd for the Branthian attack, demanding Ingunna’s head on a plate before any negotiations would take place."

Nay, your words are the self serving delusions of a seditionist who would overthrow the proper law and order of our lands for some attempt to raise himself up as a power over the rest of us. Know that I have reported your words to the proper authorities.

Tell me traitor, are the rumors true that your mother was a Khurite?

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
What madness is this you speak? These are the ridiculous ramblings of the seditionist and the lunatic. Still to this day live graybeards in Tindrem who remember the opening of the gates of Tindrem after the terrible Irruption:

"Futile attempts were made to knock down the doors of metal-infused gabore, and finally the Emperor decided they would be blown up with alchemy in a grand spectacle culminating in a triumphant exodus. In the ensuing festivities something went wrong and most of the procession, including the Emperor, was blasted to pieces. It took many months of hard work to instead break down the surrounding tower and dig out the ground, so that the doors could be toppled over and dragged to Forum Tindrem, until people could exit the city by land in approximately 44 A:eD."

The Emperor himself participated in the great festivities of the opening of the city gates, and was killed during the tragic accident that occurred. This was plain for all to see and well attested.

The existence of Emperor Livi Avitus Decollator is of course well known and well attested. Without the firm direction of a great leader, the conquest of the steppe savages of Morin Khur would never have happened, and yet you still doubt?

Finally, the existence of our most glorious Emperor Isaios Avitus is equally plain to see, and his power as the power of all Imperators before him plain to see. Even if you doubt the word of the good and true Tindremic people, then believe the Nord delegation which recently had a personal audience with the Emperor:

"For the first time in 400 years an official delegation from Varborg arrived in Tindrem in 32 AD to seek an audience with the Tricapita. The delegation was led by none other than Bárd Laglegur, the current Länshövding of Varborg, who claimed direct descendance from the famous Tindremic general Cassian Andel Bellus, the original conqueror of the city. The Varborgian ruler sought a treaty with the old Empire, possibly even a reunion, and had brought valuable gifts and a boatload of famous Varborgian ale. Isaios Avitus dismissed the tribute with the now famous dictum “Wine smells like nectar, beer smells like goat”, and went on to accuse Bárd for the Branthian attack, demanding Ingunna’s head on a plate before any negotiations would take place."

Nay, your words are the self serving delusions of a seditionist who would overthrow the proper law and order of our lands for some attempt to raise himself up as a power over the rest of us. Know that I have reported your words to the proper authorities.

Tell me traitor, are the rumors true that your mother was a Khurite?

From my point of view (and I fear that of many others) everything you say belongs to the fiction created by the imperial bureaucrats, who write a fictitious history full of empty names and stories that have nothing to do with our world and our reality. .
No one can testify that nothing you have said is true. Cassian and the famous general? No one has ever seen him or knows who he is.
The warlord Bomex, for example, was a great general, victorious in many battles and well known in our history. I myself saw him lead the cavalry charge (I was his squire at the time) Against the northern hordes, at the battle of Vadda Forest. That if it was a remembered historical event. Or the famous siege of ES against the Hawck clan, masterfully led in the shadows by the great master of espionage, cronwell. Those were major historical events in western myrland. Battles in which many participated, with general heroes and legends on both sides. (Special reference to Lyfender, may he rest in peace. May his memory never be erased)
all you say are stories that old fools write on parchment that have nothing to do with us.
Regarding your emperor, he is a fraud, no one has seen him, no one knows who he is and he has had no influence on anything that has happened since the God Soldeus transported us back to Myrland.
My Khurite mother? As you know, I was not born in a noble birth, but in the misery of the sewers of Meduli, but with hard work and dedication, I managed to rise to the nobility (an objective fact) and was named Lord of Myrland no more and no less than by the Emperor Komodor, sole and legitimate (and legally voted) emperor of the history of Myrland. That although he ruled briefly, he was esteemed and loved by all. I also hold titles of high rank, as a former member of the Ichorcorp council, appointed by none other than the Celebrated Lord of Myrland Ichorus. I was also appointed lord of the spider cave of Vadda, by the ancient lords of ES, in reward for my hard fights and work in defense of the ancient lands of the clan.
All these noble titles are in my power and are completely legal.
As for me, I never had more power than what the people wanted to give me through their friendship and devotion and I was only a servant of the people of Myrland, concerned and dedicated to their service, while others who claim a supposed nobility undeserved and without support , spend the day locked up with scrolls to show their attachment to ancient lineages that nobody cares about.
Ibarruri made himself and Ibarruri will always be Ibarruri. You can love me or hate me, but your emperor is a delusion and a hobby.

Is this rumor true that you are still consuming that abominable herb that grows in the jungle and causes bad effects on the brain? Maybe that's the problem!
Wake up! There is no emperor! AND WE NEED ONE URGENTLY!

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
From my point of view (and I fear that of many others) everything you say belongs to the fiction created by the imperial bureaucrats, who write a fictitious history full of empty names and stories that have nothing to do with our world and our reality. .
No one can testify that nothing you have said is true. Cassian and the famous general? No one has ever seen him or knows who he is.
The warlord Bomex, for example, was a great general, victorious in many battles and well known in our history. I myself saw him lead the cavalry charge (I was his squire at the time) Against the northern hordes, at the battle of Vadda Forest. That if it was a remembered historical event. Or the famous siege of ES against the Hawck clan, masterfully led in the shadows by the great master of espionage, cronwell. Those were major historical events in western myrland. Battles in which many participated, with general heroes and legends on both sides. (Special reference to Lyfender, may he rest in peace. May his memory never be erased)
all you say are stories that old fools write on parchment that have nothing to do with us.
Regarding your emperor, he is a fraud, no one has seen him, no one knows who he is and he has had no influence on anything that has happened since the God Soldeus transported us back to Myrland.
My Khurite mother? As you know, I was not born in a noble birth, but in the misery of the sewers of Meduli, but with hard work and dedication, I managed to rise to the nobility (an objective fact) and was named Lord of Myrland no more and no less than by the Emperor Komodor, sole and legitimate (and legally voted) emperor of the history of Myrland. That although he ruled briefly, he was esteemed and loved by all. I also hold titles of high rank, as a former member of the Ichorcorp council, appointed by none other than the Celebrated Lord of Myrland Ichorus. I was also appointed lord of the spider cave of Vadda, by the ancient lords of ES, in reward for my hard fights and work in defense of the ancient lands of the clan.
All these noble titles are in my power and are completely legal.
As for me, I never had more power than what the people wanted to give me through their friendship and devotion and I was only a servant of the people of Myrland, concerned and dedicated to their service, while others who claim a supposed nobility undeserved and without support , spend the day locked up with scrolls to show their attachment to ancient lineages that nobody cares about.
Ibarruri made himself and Ibarruri will always be Ibarruri. You can love me or hate me, but your emperor is a delusion and a hobby.

Is this rumor true that you are still consuming that abominable herb that grows in the jungle and causes bad effects on the brain? Maybe that's the problem!
Wake up! There is no emperor! AND WE NEED ONE URGENTLY!

I could try to attend to the many patently absurd points raised here, but I think that this lunatics' words, fantastical denialisms, and self serving aggrandizements speak for themselves. I suggest Imperial authorities apprehend this madman at first opportunity. People who are this far gone are as much a danger to themselves as to the people around them.

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I could try to attend to the many patently absurd points raised here, but I think that this lunatics' words, fantastical denialisms, and self serving aggrandizements speak for themselves. I suggest Imperial authorities apprehend this madman at first opportunity. People who are this far gone are as much a danger to themselves as to the people around them.

I haven't said anything that isn't true. Your emperor is a name on a piece of paper, he does not exist and has no real weight in our world.
I do not consider myself selfish, quite the contrary, I have always been known to be a philanthropist and a servant of the people of Myrland.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
and if the authorities fail to do this, I'm sure some loyal tindremenes will bring the traitor some swift justice.

How can I be a traitor to a cause that does not exist and to an emperor who is a name on a piece of paper.
I will support a true emperor who rules us as such!
Myrland claims a true emperor

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Grendel! I know your lineage well! I know well that your ancestors instigated a rebellion against the rightful Emperor Komodor the Brief!
The god Soldeus will punish your betrayal!
The usurper Komodor the Tyrant was thrown out of Tindrem by the tindremic people, and so was your forefather who financed his coup.
You should learn from history.

Edit: The honorable Company of Tindrem, who led the revolt against the tyrant Komodor and his corrupt banker, has recently been reestablished and is recruiting. When properly established, first on our agenda will be to bring you, Ibarruri the Banker, to justice. I suggest you turn yourself in before the company get you. ooc: you got what you asked for ;)

Last edited:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
The usurper Komodor the Tyrant was thrown out of Tindrem by the tindremic people, and so was your forefather who financed his coup.
You should learn from history.

Edit: The honorable Company of Tindrem, who led the revolt against the tyrant Komodor and his corrupt banker, has recently been reestablished and is recruiting. When properly established, first on our agenda will be to bring you, Ibarruri the Banker, to justice. I suggest you turn yourself in before the company get you. ooc: you got what you asked for ;)

The venerable lineage of Ibarruri, with deep roots in Icorcorp and other honorable houses, will never agree to submit to a trial before the corrupt Tindremic bureaucracy, without due legal guarantees.
On the other hand, I have no doubt that the lineage of the Komodor emperor survives and if one day the god Soldeus decides that his natural heir will recover the throne that was seized by the fanatical hordes of evil!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
In Nave we only follow truth.

And the truth is Komodor, though born into a noble house have no grants nor claims to any emperorship through royal line and thus not eligible except through conquer, which no man in Nave has since recorded history. Only the ruling royal line has claims which date back to pre recording history of Nave.

Dont confuse my words here, as noble and righteous Komodor might be. None of this help him claim any emperor status amongst the populace of Myrland. Usurping and holding a city dont contribute to ruling an empire nor owning an empire.

The Tindremic Empire holds numerous cities and towns and gains taxes from every single land owner in Nave be it individual peasants to high lords to guilds and huge guild alliances alike. None since recorded history have dared refuse to pay said taxes to the Empire no matter how much they claim to oppose the Empire.

Even still the reign of the Tindremic Empire and its ruling bloodline has not been disrupted since recorded history as the Royal Palace has never been held by any other faction to date.

Signed.
Head Tax Collector
ThaBadMan.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
In Nave we only follow truth.

And the truth is Komodor, though born into a noble house have no grants nor claims to any emperorship through royal line and thus not eligible except through conquer, which no man in Nave has since recorded history. Only the ruling royal line has claims which date back to pre recording history of Nave.

Dont confuse my words here, as noble and righteous Komodor might be. None of this help him claim any emperor status amongst the populace of Myrland. Usurping and holding a city dont contribute to ruling an empire nor owning an empire.

The Tindremic Empire holds numerous cities and towns and gains taxes from every single land owner in Nave be it individual peasants to high lords to guilds and huge guild alliances alike. None since recorded history have dared refuse to pay said taxes to the Empire no matter how much they claim to oppose the Empire.

Even still the reign of the Tindremic Empire and its ruling bloodline has not been disrupted since recorded history as the Royal Palace has never been held by any other faction to date.

Signed.
Head Tax Collector
ThaBadMan.

You should not forget that during the time that Ibarruri was named hand of the emperor. Komodor was chosen by the people of Myrland in a wide vote.
By ignoring the imperial bureaucracy and its arbitrary way of electing phantom emperors (mere names on paper) we managed to get a real emperor supported and voted for by many citizens.
Opposed by hordes of zealous fanatics overthrew him, but truly Komodor was a great emperor.

To me to this day he is the only one whose lineage is legitimate, as he was voted in by the noble people of Myrland.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
You should not forget that during the time that Ibarruri was named hand of the emperor. Komodor was chosen by the people of Myrland in a wide vote.
By ignoring the imperial bureaucracy and its arbitrary way of electing phantom emperors (mere names on paper) we managed to get a real emperor supported and voted for by many citizens.
Opposed by hordes of zealous fanatics overthrew him, but truly Komodor was a great emperor.

To me to this day he is the only one whose lineage is legitimate, as he was voted in by the noble people of Myrland.
But you forget Lord Ibarruri there was already a Emperor, locked away and unruling but still of royal blood and alive.
We cant just throw out votes for random lesser Lords but Lords nonetheless.
Tindrem nor its Empire is ruled through democracy like mere barbarian tribes, not that I am an expert nor a judge of civilian laws.

You took opportunity while the Empire was in a state of Chaos and disarray and claimed territory not rightfully yours. Hence early and constant rebellion and groups attacking the false emperors troops and supplies. It could have sparked a dynasty I will give you that, but ultimately it failed.
I will not accuse you here my Lord but investigators have reported many of said votes coming from common eeta, plebs, barbarians, slaves and ugly thursar among others.

You forget it is the bloodline that decides Emperor and only the Tricapita who decides on important matters in the absence of a ruling Emperor or Emperor to be. I have heard no news of either Ephors to have lost their lives in this period.
And even then it is then the job of the appointed Nobilitas of the Flamines consisting of Praetors, Quaestors, Consuls and members of the Theurgy.

These are rules and laws you my Lord should be familiar with, and should have stopped your rebellion before it started.

I do not accuse Lord Komodors ability to lead nor rule his appointed land within the Tindremic Empire, simply stating why his "reign" never was anything more then a small rebellion in a chaotic time.

Again it is not the "noble" people of Myrland dictating the Tindremic Empires dealings, it is reserved for the Emperor and his Ephors and under them the appointed Flamines, definitely NOT thursar scum!

Yours truly
Head Tax Collector
ThaBadMan.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
But you forget Lord Ibarruri there was already a Emperor, locked away and unruling but still of royal blood and alive.
We cant just throw out votes for random lesser Lords but Lords nonetheless.
Tindrem nor its Empire is ruled through democracy like mere barbarian tribes, not that I am an expert nor a judge of civilian laws.

You took opportunity while the Empire was in a state of Chaos and disarray and claimed territory not rightfully yours. Hence early and constant rebellion and groups attacking the false emperors troops and supplies. It could have sparked a dynasty I will give you that, but ultimately it failed.
I will not accuse you here my Lord but investigators have reported many of said votes coming from common eeta, plebs, barbarians, slaves and ugly thursar among others.

You forget it is the bloodline that decides Emperor and only the Tricapita who decides on important matters in the absence of a ruling Emperor or Emperor to be. I have heard no news of either Ephors to have lost their lives in this period.
And even then it is then the job of the appointed Nobilitas of the Flamines consisting of Praetors, Quaestors, Consuls and members of the Theurgy.

These are rules and laws you my Lord should be familiar with, and should have stopped your rebellion before it started.

I do not accuse Lord Komodors ability to lead nor rule his appointed land within the Tindremic Empire, simply stating why his "reign" never was anything more then a small rebellion in a chaotic time.

Again it is not the "noble" people of Myrland dictating the Tindremic Empires dealings, it is reserved for the Emperor and his Ephors and under them the appointed Flamines, definitely NOT thursar scum!

Yours truly
Head Tax Collector
ThaBadMan.

In these times of chaos and ruin, it is clear that the Tindremic nobility and their paper emperors have not been and are not up to what our people need.
Komodor the Wise was a breath of fresh air, drowned in the filth of rebellion and ruin.
Still, I hope that one day the people of Myrland will rise up against tyranny and elect their own emperors.

I agree it flopped, but it was still a great story.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
In these times of chaos and ruin, it is clear that the Tindremic nobility and their paper emperors have not been and are not up to what our people need.
Komodor the Wise was a breath of fresh air, drowned in the filth of rebellion and ruin.
Still, I hope that one day the people of Myrland will rise up against tyranny and elect their own emperors.

As true as you may be what your people need or wants has no concern with the Tindremic Empire nor its provinces, that is up to the elect.

It does sound like you are looking for a different type of government and ruling then what the Tindremic Empire is or even what it now post Irruption have become.

The beheading of the Ephors Dicapita after the untimely death of the Emperor and the start of the now ruling Decollator dynasty have surely sent the Empire into a whole new disarray.

We have yet to see what young Emperor Isaios have in store of the Empire but seeing as both the Tindremic military and fleet is being bulked up on the orders of Procurator Gnaeus Tescua, it seems the Empire is as strong as in the period of post Conflux to pre Irruption ever was.

I will say this for you my Lord, your coup could have worked had it been tried in any other settlement with a different government, maybe even if done to Meduli or Fabernum to wrestle either out of the Empires hands.
Many factions learned how hard it was to seize a settlement from either the Tindremic Empire or from any of the former Khurite Moguls, you learn quickly that in Myrland any and all bandits, thursar and barbarians come to exploit your guardless town.

Best regards
Head Tax Collector
ThaBadMan.

• Love
Reactions: grendel

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
These are times of restoration of order, wealth and empire. Only the most perfidious and treasonous mind could view these times as chaos and ruin.

The victorious write the history. And the history of Komodor the Tyrant(and his corrupt banker) is the history of a filthy rebellion defeated by the tindremic people.
Popular elections?
He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses?
It was a great story, take care not to repeat it as a farce.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
These are times of restoration of order, wealth and empire. Only the most perfidious and treasonous mind could view these times as chaos and ruin.

The victorious write the history. And the history of Komodor the Tyrant(and his corrupt banker) is the history of a filthy rebellion defeated by the tindremic people.

Popular elections?
He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses?

It was a great story, take care not to repeat it as a farce.

Is good remember old good days. Rastoration times? you are speak seriously? Myrland are in ruins.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Folks, the best thing to do is throw a pity copper into this poor mans battered tin cup and walk away without eye contact. There is no saving Ibarruri from himself.

I pledge to do my best to provide an insane asylum for broken men such as this in the days ahead, at my own expense. They should not be allowed to clutter our streets.

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri