The Game isn't Ready [Poll]

Should they delay persistence (Full release)?

• Total voters

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
We need mounts to transport and to, well, go places. Running isn't going to cut it this time SV. Not in a 6x map.
Knowing SV, they'll also add 4 more Riding primary skills in the name of 'immersion'. You'll need to sink hundreds of primary skillpoints into 'Equestrian Technique' and 'Advanced Hippology' to be able to ride 3 meters without tumbling to the ground.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
It doesnt matter. The game is gonna get review bombed at release and will never recover from it.
You can't vote on it, as long is it's not officialy release in steam, can you?
At least I can't vote right for Mo2.

Darran

May 28, 2020
It doesnt matter. The game is gonna get review bombed at release and will never recover from it.

Can't think of a more obvious suicide than to release with 20% content you had in original game and asking a subscription for it 😅

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Mounts would still be added within a month. The pace of updates has been really good.
they said mounts would be added once they polished enought so it isnt a mess. You literally have no clue about it being a month, or 6months. And when they add it, it might also need a whole test and bugfixes...

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
-->Review<-- For yourself IS REALLY fair and just.. If it has both sides of the coin, (PvP/Pve) and not just one.. In fairness, these guys optimize almost each day so.. they are paying attention, making those adjustments needed from data collected by Testers. This all equivalates to Optimization. Give a great review, not a half ass one by devoting time into showing both MO1 and MO2 differences. That's solid.. Not loose like an opinion without any reference. Very simple business procedures not customer service, wrong thread.

I recommend being a tester if you enjoy immersing in an MMO experience and be a Champion/Companion. I recommend be hardcore or casual when you play but be a COMPANION with great guys and gals. Indulge in YOUR STYLE of fantasy renaissance PVP/PVE open-world / fullloot / sandbox with no DNA globally for REAL. Best money online spent! Seriously!!

Belazmon

Nov 24, 2020
they said mounts would be added once they polished enought so it isnt a mess. You literally have no clue about it being a month, or 6months. And when they add it, it might also need a whole test and bugfixes...
You can check the roadmap yourself. They've done mounts once already in MO1, you think they are clueless enough to put that in the goals that early, if they don't think they can make it happen.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
You can check the roadmap yourself. They've done mounts once already in MO1, you think they are clueless enough to put that in the goals that early, if they don't think they can make it happen.
no but i know for fact the things tested on test servers can go wrong while it compile and goes for the live server. Issues can always happen. It is not about what i think ,it is about what henrik did say. He said mounts would not be in at EA but he also said people would need to suscribe. I am concerned about new players walking an hour to get 5K springbock while paying 15 buck for such experience. They probably not clueless, but i have right to think their business plan is extremly risky right now ...

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Joshuil

Oct 25, 2020
Think of EA as like when a business has a soft opening, to make sure everythings going smoothly for the grand opening (full release).

I think its smart, see whats not working for new players, any exploits, server issues etc and fix them, before they have the full release on steam, advertisement and the main influx of new people come.

Darran

May 28, 2020
Think of EA as like when a business has a soft opening, to make sure everythings going smoothly for the grand opening (full release).

I think its smart, see whats not working for new players, any exploits, server issues etc and fix them, before they have the full release on steam, advertisement and the main influx of new people come.

Yes, but this is doing a soft release when you only have a couple of products in the store and the shelves are half built. And you are asking for customers to pay 15$ worth of groceries when they are only leaving the shop with 3$ worth :D Yelp is going to go crazy

• Love
Reactions: ThaBadMan

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
How is SV even making money right now? The 40 people still subbing to MO1 maybe Kittend. I think they will get this game making money as soon as they can, which will hurt them in the long run.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020

Shin

Dec 2, 2020

BUY BUY BUY

stonks only go up.

I'm happy that they're making MO2, yes the game is not quite ready for a release, and yes there are several bugs that seem a bit familiar, but I'm still glad that Starvault, Henrik and Mortal are around - God knows how much time was sunk into the first one.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Zerotrigger

Nov 30, 2020
I honestly don't think we should be catering to people that don't understand that Early Access is exactly that, Early Access.

I believe that EA will be a critical time for the games development. SV needs people playing the game so that the devs can collect data and receive feedback from the playerbase. Adding persistence will considerably increase the the player base and allow the devs to acquire data on a broader scale from various in game systems. Allowing them to better create, tweak, and polish game systems and features. People need to realize that in EA you are playing more for the future of the game than you are for your own enjoyment in the moment.

When it comes to bringing new people to the game, most people looking for a game like this just want to see the possibility of a fully fleshed out world with loads of choices, consequences, and freedom. People with interest in a game like Mo2 just need to be exposed to the idea of it, and when they see that idea actually being made, im sure they would be paitent and understanding enough to realize that the game is only just entering EA. Remember people, Tindrem wasn't built in a day.

We all also need to realize that this game is not directly competing with games like WoW and BDO, You most likely wont attract people who play MMO's like that, since they dont like the idea of a hardcore mmo in the firstplace. So trying to cater to a audience like that will only take away from the game, and imo the devs and the playerbase shouldn't even waste their time thinking about how they could lure those players to mo2. SV should just be focused on making mo2 the best game they can possibly make, while remaining loyal to the foundational idea of what mortal should be, and the playerbase should look to assist with feedback and criticism when necessary. I'm very optimistic that the finished product will speak for itself when they finally do release it out of EA, and even then mo2 will remain a evolving game, with new content constantly being developed. Trust in the process people.

• Love
Reactions: Rorry and Zbuciorn

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
You can review early access games.

You can not vote on it at this time since it is not actually released to EA yet.

That is one of the issues for too early of a release to EA. There will probably be a traffic push and the reviews will start.

The greatest influx to the first game was almost always do to a release of some type.

This will most likely be the same and will also be the first real opportunity for the steam community to get involved with it.

So one would think they would want to have all their ducks in a row for it.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com

yet ,you gonna be charged full sub for a game in developpement still lacking core features when you start playing. and probably for a good while...