The Game isn't Ready [Poll]

Should they delay persistence (Full release)?

• Total voters

Rhias

May 28, 2020
not sure what you dont understand about we could go through a month of persistent gameplay then get a wipe. Cause he did mention a wipe in Jan, so what would there be to wipe if we weren't playing a persistent version?

If persistence means that after some time there will be a wipe, then we are already persistent. Since actually your items stay when you log off and back in... They will just be removed once in a while. :D

To be clear. When SV/Henrik talks about persistent it's persistent without wipes. Or it wouldn't be persistent. :rolleyes:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Persistent means no more wipe! Why should I start to gather materials and fill the banks when everything is destroyed some weeks later? Why should I start to get "hidden skill books" when the skills are removed some weeks later?

In the current state of the game I'm exploring the world and I'm trying some stuff. But I don't "play" the game.

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
I doubt the game is planned to be released before end of 2021, so devs would have enough time to add missing content.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Right now the game is limited by the lack of content. But it is obvious that they are working well and in the right direction.
I think that when we have all the resources, mounts, (at least basic mounts) and all the crafting processes etc. are refined, we will really be close to the beginning.
We also need you to finalize the map, place some guards in the blue cities (if that is your intention) and all the creatures are present in mryland to hunt.
We still need the butchering and fishing.
I think all of this will take a while, so it's time to be patient.

For those like me who are 100% focused on trading, crafting and business, there is still a lot to enjoy the game.

Reactions: TARG3T
May 28, 2020
Only game element fostering conflict in current state would be the blast furnaces. As the game is empty otherwise and even lacks mounts on release it will be met with harsh criticism of emptiness were it to release in its current state, no doubt. They will need to clearly communicate that fact on release which they can do in their early access info box and from what I know people will understand by either considering this in their review or checking back in at a later stage of development, especially considering the monthly fee.

SV should keep the game in early access until they have added either all or most of the MO1 features and content to it. That would be a good point to officially leave early access. When you release a game in early access it's best to have a clear goal in mind and work towards that goal otherwise people will notice ea is only being used as a scapegoat for bugs and other issues.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Only game element fostering conflict in current state would be the blast furnaces. As the game is empty otherwise and even lacks mounts on release it will be met with harsh criticism of emptiness were it to release in its current state, no doubt. They will need to clearly communicate that fact on release which they can do in their early access info box and from what I know people will understand by either considering this in their review or checking back in at a later stage of development, especially considering the monthly fee.

SV should keep the game in early access until they have added either all or most of the MO1 features and content to it. That would be a good point to officially leave early access. When you release a game in early access it's best to have a clear goal in mind and work towards that goal otherwise people will notice ea is only being used as a scapegoat for bugs and other issues.

Especially considering it is early access with a subscription cost. I don´t think I´ve heard of that before.

It is hard to see how with the current plan (see new roadmap) they will attract a big audience within the niche. The lack of variety in PvE will become apparent quickly and unless they set a crazy pace it will take a long time till they come close to Mo1.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Especially considering it is early access with a subscription cost. I don´t think I´ve heard of that before.

It is hard to see how with the current plan (see new roadmap) they will attract a big audience within the niche. The lack of variety in PvE will become apparent quickly and unless they set a crazy pace it will take a long time till they come close to Mo1.
I agree. Paid EA is a new one for me aswell.

My fear now is that this will be MO all over again just more vapor less ware to start off leeching money out of supporters. Thats how its gonna look for atleast a year until we are at MO release stage of development, the time there I base on the amount of patches and amount of content in said patches we got in Alpha.

Alpha is closing in on 1 year and lets just say we have not had much content from patches. We got lots of bought assets put together in a hurry to look like a bigger more realistic Myrland.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To a certain degree, I do like the idea of a minimum viable release. If they killed the free materials vendors and then released the way it is tomorrow I would find no shortage of things to do. I'm also finding no shortage of things to do in alpha for the moment. I don't think they are TOO far from releasing an engaging early access title. We have gathering, refining, a good deal of crafting etc. in-place. Add a few more mobs, particularly ones like zombies in graveyards and there is plenty of content to keep me busy for the next month or two while more gets dropped.

But if it goes live without all the critical systems like magics and mounts in place then I REALLY feel they should be offering a free name/race change once all the critical systems are in place. MO1 had me rerolling until I just quit. MO2 has about 0 rerolls worth of forgiveness for me to get my character right once things are persistent.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
But if it goes live without all the critical systems like magics and mounts in place then I REALLY feel they should be offering a free name/race change once all the critical systems are in place. MO1 had me rerolling until I just quit. MO2 has about 0 rerolls worth of forgiveness for me to get my character right once things are persistent.
Can't wait to reroll every time SV decides that 24 year olds are inferior to 23 year olds in every way, or that Thursar-Khurite is the only true race.

Hopefully they learn how to balance race/age/height builds properly within the next few months. Considering they've been making video games for 10 years and still don't seem to get it, I have my doubts.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Can't wait to reroll every time SV decides that 24 year olds are inferior to 23 year olds in every way, or that Thursar-Khurite is the only true race.

Hopefully they learn how to balance race/age/height builds properly within the next few months. Considering they've been making video games for 10 years and still don't seem to get it, I have my doubts.

Yeah, they are promising balance across races and clades but we're also being teased things like speed bonuses for the Alvarin races. I have more confidence your race choices won't absolutely break the game the way Thursar-Khurite did in early MO1 but I don't have much confidence I won't say... come to regret playing an Alvarin if the mounted combat system is really good or not playing one if foot-based mage-tamers end up being amazing and mounted mages bad.

Mind you I know balance is going to change over time. There will be nerf and buff cycles and I have no intention of rerolling or asking for another free race change each time. I'll roll with the punches and commit to the build I decide I love playing. But it would be nice to say, know if I even enjoy the new magic, taming, or mount system before I base a character around them.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
in my opinion they should delay the release and big exposure of the game till we have had enought time testings things that are not in game rightnow .
Here what i am thinking about :
-Basic magic : ecumenical spell
-Mounts : even without being able to ride, new players farming 1 springbock to delete half the carcasse to walk at normal speed is just completly ridiculous, how do new players gonna enjoy the game if they have to farm this way. It cannot be more bad than this. Add donkeys and bags, even un-mountable at start, but add weight-carry tools.
- Add tutorial. Tutorial that we test , not a tutorial added the day SV release EA, but a tutorial that get feedbacks, and fixes
-Add first iterration of combat AI, even basic , that we can test. If big issues are noticeable ,like AI shooting you trought walls or chasing you on miles away : delay till fixed
-Add quality of life BASICS THINGS PORTED FROM MO1 : !!. IT IS IMPERATIVE : ability to mute individuals without having to disable entire voip. Ability to increase chat windows and play with the UI a bit more. Ergonomics on bank/inventory transfers like it is in MO one ( rights clics, ctrl + clic and suchs things)
- Add Flag system , with a guild chat system , and a friend list system. I already heard many complains about this.
Do not add guards if they as broken as they are in MO 1. Eventually add temporary lictors like it was in MO1, it isnt fair getting one shotted by god intowns but at least people can have pvp outside and arround the time without broken AI destroying most of the fights.

If SV goes EA without half of thoses basics, the game will receive very negative review.

During the last few days i have met a lot of people ,and a good part already heard about Mortal online. But they heard so many bad things about MO1 they did not even bother trying it, or didnt care enought. SV reputation have always struggled trought events.

And, one of the most important thing in my opinion for the entire player base to not feel they have been abused or fooled in any way : Do not charge full subscription till you have thoses solid features added and working .

On a side note, except the utter bad performance i experienced yesterday somehow, the last few days of banging have been great fun and i have crossed the way of a lot of old friends , and i would be sad to see sv crash MO2 by acting too fast or being too greedy,..

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
-Mounts : even without being able to ride, new players farming 1 springbock to delete half the carcasse to walk at normal speed is just completly ridiculous, how do new players gonna enjoy the game if they have to farm this way. It cannot be more bad than this. Add donkeys and bags, even un-mountable at start, but add weight-carry tools.
Exactly this, Henrik said mounts aren't critical but what are we supposed to do, run shit half a stack at a time?

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
Gotta rescue those fair maidens on their run away steeds all the while getting ambushed by dwarves... Where are my pants? 😻

Last edited: