TC brought no valuable content

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The biggest thing holding Mortal 2 back is that solo-play is not competitive in any-way and the game is almost unplayable as a solo-player unless you play very specific meta mounted builds and even then your access to end-game content will only include trolls that are uncontested. Until the community drops its bias and is willing to admit the importance of solo-play to the population the game will continue to suffer until its eventual death.

Lets take a look at the examples of how the other much more successful full-loot mmorpgs approach solo-play and balancing it.

Albion online: Avoidance mechanics- Solo players rarely have to take fights if they don't want to. Also corrupted dungeons ( areas with forced 1v1s) is among the most popular content in the game.

OSRS: Avoidance mechanics (teleports) and areas with forced 1v1s. Most end-game PVE is solo-friendly.

Eve: Avoidance mechanics(cloaks)(nullifiers)(Cynos), most end-game PVE is solo friendly. Areas with forced 1v1s.

Why do all these games have avoidance mechanics in common and how does it directly affect their population metrics? Because avoidance mechanics are the best anti-zerg mechanic you can implement. It is simply put the most balanced way to deal with unfair gameplay. It forces people to offer "good fights" or they get "no fights". Your only other option for balanced solo-play is to make people so strong that they start 1 shotting eachother which is why games like RUST/Tarkov have population. You either need to give the solo player a way to win the fight occasionally or avoid the fight usually(if they choose to do so).

Those are your only two options if you wish to have a populated full-loot MMO experience.

"Most" people will not play an unfair game environment, even if that game fun otherwise. Which is exactly where MO2 sits right now. They simply opt-out when they feel they can't be competitive. Obviously not every fight will be consensual, in EVE you are limited to very few ships if you wish to fully avoid fights, in OSRS you will eventually get caught with a teleblock and be forced to fight, and in Albion you will eventually get caught and dismounted. But the important part is that in all of those games...for the most part...the PVP is consensual, even if it doesn't feel that way to the players playing the game.
This is so spot on man. The game is solo-hostile full stop.

Although another huge thing is the lack of understanding of mechanics design and implementation in general.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
I haven't seen that many ships sink in my life time. Its an experience i'd like to have.

Subs anyone?
I will sub all of my accounts when subs are turned on.

Doomers are in denial. "waaah I hate this game, SV is trash, game will fail." while having 3000+ hours

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The biggest thing holding Mortal 2 back is that solo-play is not competitive in any-way and the game is almost unplayable as a solo-player unless you play very specific meta mounted builds and even then your access to end-game content will only include trolls that are uncontested. Until the community drops its bias and is willing to admit the importance of solo-play to the population the game will continue to suffer until its eventual death.

Lets take a look at the examples of how the other much more successful full-loot mmorpgs approach solo-play and balancing it.

Albion online: Avoidance mechanics- Solo players rarely have to take fights if they don't want to. Also corrupted dungeons ( areas with forced 1v1s) is among the most popular content in the game.

OSRS: Avoidance mechanics (teleports) and areas with forced 1v1s. Most end-game PVE is solo-friendly.

Eve: Avoidance mechanics(cloaks)(nullifiers)(Cynos), most end-game PVE is solo friendly. Areas with forced 1v1s.

Why do all these games have avoidance mechanics in common and how does it directly affect their population metrics? Because avoidance mechanics are the best anti-zerg mechanic you can implement. It is simply put the most balanced way to deal with unfair gameplay. It forces people to offer "good fights" or they get "no fights". Your only other option for balanced solo-play is to make people so strong that they start 1 shotting eachother which is why games like RUST/Tarkov have population. You either need to give the solo player a way to win the fight occasionally or avoid the fight usually(if they choose to do so).

Those are your only two options if you wish to have a populated full-loot MMO experience.

"Most" people will not play an unfair game environment, even if that game fun otherwise. Which is exactly where MO2 sits right now. They simply opt-out when they feel they can't be competitive. Obviously not every fight will be consensual, in EVE you are limited to very few ships if you wish to fully avoid fights, in OSRS you will eventually get caught with a teleblock and be forced to fight, and in Albion you will eventually get caught and dismounted. But the important part is that in all of those games...for the most part...the PVP is consensual, even if it doesn't feel that way to the players playing the game.

you wana talk about avoidence mechanics? why does someone with a weapon out run faster then someone with a weapon away? why does a full plate charecter get to move faster then cloth? 0 sense. ive been keeping an eye on this game for years now. Having devs say this is a group game is a horrible strategy to keep players. SV needs to start balanceing the 1v1 fighting and solo pve because its gotten rediculous. TC is what all this "group game" talk has gotten us. when will everyone see that balancing 1v1 fights and solo content completely corelates to group content.

Reactions: Daikos and Serverus

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
you wana talk about avoidence mechanics? why does someone with a weapon out run faster then someone with a weapon away? why does a full plate charecter get to move faster then cloth? 0 sense. ive been keeping an eye on this game for years now. Having devs say this is a group game is a horrible strategy to keep players. SV needs to start balanceing the 1v1 fighting and solo pve because its gotten rediculous. TC is what all this "group game" talk has gotten us. when will everyone see that balancing 1v1 fights and solo content completely corelates to group content.
The devs just refuse to understand that groups are actually made of many solos. No one is born into a group that just joins your game like that. Even the existing groups were once solos in some other game most likely, which accommodated solo mechanics. I've always been against the group design and that's why haven't played most MMOs, as raiding in a zerg being the only interesting-ish thingy doesn't interest me.

Reactions: Daikos and Gnidex

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Avoidance mechanics are good but they must be somewhat skill based, like bunny hopping in Darkfall. In MO1 we had kite sprinting where you at least had to manage your stam, but they removed it in MO2 idk why.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
As someone who soloed since release up until very recently, I must say all the talk about the game not being soloable are either: people who don't know wtf they are doing, or, people who think you should be able to solo ALL content.

Reactions: Svaar

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
As someone who soloed since release up until very recently, I must say all the talk about the game not being soloable are either: people who don't know wtf they are doing, or, people who think you should be able to solo ALL content.

I have 2000 hours of solo play at this point, with several builds. I've won up to a 1v3 against what I consider average or better opponents. I surely have enough experience to comment on how poorly this game plays solo when compared to its competitors. Because that's what we need to do here; compare/contrast. There are a few million players in the "Full-loot PVP sphere". They are split up between survival games like Dayz/Vrising/ETC and MMORPGS like OSRS/Albion/EVE

When we compare the solo experience in Mortal to its competitors, what do you find? An experience almost catered to solo-play VS. one where Solo play is so disadvantageous that nearly no one does it.

Go ahead and scroll through the MO2 videos section in discord and tell me how many Solo videos you see? Stop bullshiting me, the evidence is in your face.

Whether we like to admit it or not the largest market share of gamers like to play solo, and often for good reason. Especially in these types of predatory games, where thievery, scams and other types of poor human interaction take place.

Today is the day when we take a deep breath and admit that solo-play is crucial to the games survival and you cannot compete in 2023 without a robust solo experience. I believe it needs to be a top priority if the game wishes to attract a larger population.

Things to improve Solo-play in Mortal 2 right now:
Avoidance mechanics OR make everyone so strong that they 2 shot eachother.
Roaming guards or a static dmg reduction buff to blues near blue cities.
Dynamic dungeon exits after killing the final boss. It's really the dumbest system ever to force people to clear a dungeon twice, once the way in and again the way out while someone who scouted them 90 minutes ago had time to mass up and wait at the door. Force people into the dungeon to contest rather then stay logged out playing other games waiting for pings.
More horses and more priests and camps/towns to craft/bank, like 400% more then we have now. It's so toxic to make people spawn kilometers away from a horse or kilometers away from where they can gear. Also the housing/stronghold meta has to go, it's very bad for the game. I cannot emphasize how bad it is for the game. From performance issues to balancing to exploits. It is by-far the worst resurrection meta i've seen in any game ever and i've played nearly all of them.

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Need pve contents too, staff events, players events, mini games, etc etc etc.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
M2 should force solo players to join groups, or seek protection under large guilds. If you are a solo player, then you should understand that your gameplay will come from the NPCs of the cities, the further you go from the city, the more likely it is that you will be killed. In order to concentrate players in groups on the map, Henrik had to enter a certificate or a building permit in the area of control of guilds that own castles. As soon as you install any building in the area of the zone of influence of any guild, you get a message that you need to get permission from the ovner. If the ovner gives you permission (this could be done through the guild stone), then your buildings have % protection of the ovner territory, if you are building on the owner's land without permission, be prepared that your building will be broken and you will have 0% protection (no matter what% protection your guild has). This will force players to organize according to their interests, get together in groups, cities, villages, etc. What we now have to call the control of territories is extremely difficult because any player can come to your land and install any building without permission and the owner of the land will not be able to do anything with it. Even if he removes it, the player will be able to come and install it again after spending 150 gold and some resources. Now there is no point in maintaining the castle, it does not bring income (guilds, on the contrary, pay the system and do not receive income), the promised tax system does not work. I also don't understand why a timer has been added to the full loot game after the destruction of buildings. This makes sieges meaningless, because the main reason for sieges is to remove the enemy from your territory and get a loot reward from him. And this list can be continued for a long time... I will say this is not the patch that we expected. And when people saw this, they began to leave the project in the hope that they would make changes in the near future. No one UE5 will save the project if no changes are made in the game regarding sieges.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
This is where elementalism comes in. You can wipe a group much larger then yours. Yes it might not be as easy for solo play but at least small groups can use it to combat much larger groups if they play smart. Same with Necromancy to a degree. Miasma and auw surge is pretty strong Nightmare can show you that chokepoint auw surge power. With elementalism you can send people off cliffs/bridges/stronghold or other highgrounds and wipe them using fall damage or drowning to your advantage.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dude, this isn’t a game company. It’s a couple dudes with access to a free engine. They got lucky for a number of years but they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Move on

the thing is that even tho their product was flawed at the start, they continue to make it worse. That's the part that will make me come back to the forum. Let's see how MO has gotten worse! haha. STOP MAKING THE GAME WORSE. It's like... it's hard to even comprehend how it is possible. There are big issues, as I said, and everyone has mentioned them, how the map was designed, e t c, and it all got worse in 2, but even looking at all of those issues, everything they have done has just been a failure. It's kind of mind blowing how they can continue to make the game worse, and in fact, I can only believe they are accepting under the table money or this is like some playground to sell people's info / make them vulnerable to hackers... as a product, it just makes so little sense.

It's just like SV press the "stop messing up the game" button. It's not about fixing it. It's about all of the weirdo stuff they are adding. Even if this was a niche meme game with 800 people like MO1 was, it could still be fun! It has that potential. But the dudes playing the game now... I mean I feel bad for people who are stuck in the game, like the dudes who have a lucrative spot and don't wanna lose it. I mean, all things being fair, I'd just move the stuff to a perma storage and chill for now. It'll still be able to be taken back if it ever gets fixed. This game is completely incomprehensible to me. People say MO1 was a failure, but nah, good times were had. That's how I'd judge a game. THIS GAME is a failure. Worse, it keeps failing more and more. Every time I read about new content... which is kind of cathartic in a weird way, to watch and be like yall doods wouldn't start over and kept trying to salvage it, look at what is happening now haha. Y I K E S.

Like I posted on a steam review (which I deleted shortly thereafter, like my 3rd-4th deleted steam review since beta,) this game is so trash that we all have access to it, multiple accounts, and it's a BUY TO PLAY MMO. No cash shop or anything. Can log in and play forever, for now at least, and yet there are thousands of people who like the concept of the game who aren't playing because of how trash it is. That's sobering to say the least.

Edit: @Svaar I played teh game dolo basically always. I knew people and I could get down with stuff, have fun, but in general I did my own thing. All the talk about people not being able to exist solo is trash. Look at ICH he did alright and he was solo. He just had some help. If you have 'a vision' and stuff you wanna do, you can do whatever you want. That is NOT the problem. The problem is it's not even worth playing. All these dudes who never really played solo or spent a lot of time having to do thing solo IMO don't understand how fun MO can be.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
This is where elementalism comes in. You can wipe a group much larger then yours. Yes it might not be as easy for solo play but at least small groups can use it to combat much larger groups if they play smart. Same with Necromancy to a degree. Miasma and auw surge is pretty strong Nightmare can show you that chokepoint auw surge power. With elementalism you can send people off cliffs/bridges/stronghold or other highgrounds and wipe them using fall damage or drowning to your advantage.
Maybe if tactician didnt exist

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
SV has now steered this game into a completely fucked up direction. Even more fucked up than it was at launch...its impressive. The initial "vision" of the game is lost. Henny is just confused at this point. Its actually sad to see. I feel like I'm back in 2014 reading the MO1 forums with the same complaints and suggestions. Its all falling on deaf ears.

As for the siege mechanics. Its all fucked because we don't have an NA/EU server. There are EASY solutions to the bullshit they are trying to "fix" with these dumb ideas. They could just copy Darkfall or even New Worlds siege windows. But nah, instead we will have non-existent sieging because we don't wanna stray away from the "vision". We can't have that stuff in Mortal Online 2 because its not cool. Right Henrik?

its so damn annoying seeing SV fuck things up so long in a game that can EASILY be made so good with just a few big changes and a lot of bug fixes. As long as Henrik is running the show...it's not gonna get better.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
M2 should force solo players to join groups, or seek protection under large guilds. If you are a solo player, then you should understand that your gameplay will come from the NPCs of the cities, the further you go from the city, the more likely it is that you will be killed

What solo players? There are very few left, except new players, who don't last long. Check the MO2 discord videos subsection. For every Solo POV there are 20 group POV's but when you look at the actual comprehensive MMO player census the vast majority are solo players so when you alienate this group from your game your population suffers because of it.

Look at cities like GK, Kranesh, Cave camp. These were supposed to be hubs for solo players but they are practically baren. Why is Gaul Kor 5km away from a horse spawn? Do they want to force solo players to walk a hour to get a horse?

This is just one example of a poor design choice. The game is in desperate need of an overhaul with solo players in mind, you cannot survive in this market without taking solo players into consideration and providing them avenues to be competitive.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
SV has now steered this game into a completely fucked up direction. Even more fucked up than it was at launch...its impressive. The initial "vision" of the game is lost. Henny is just confused at this point. Its actually sad to see. I feel like I'm back in 2014 reading the MO1 forums with the same complaints and suggestions. Its all falling on deaf ears.

As for the siege mechanics. Its all fucked because we don't have an NA/EU server. There are EASY solutions to the bullshit they are trying to "fix" with these dumb ideas. They could just copy Darkfall or even New Worlds siege windows. But nah, instead we will have non-existent sieging because we don't wanna stray away from the "vision". We can't have that stuff in Mortal Online 2 because its not cool. Right Henrik?

its so damn annoying seeing SV fuck things up so long in a game that can EASILY be made so good with just a few big changes and a lot of bug fixes. As long as Henrik is running the show...it's not gonna get better.
I’d kill to hve herius back

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
SV has now steered this game into a completely fucked up direction.
It's incomprehensible. There must be more information that we don't know. Something is happening that benefits SV... haha. It's not player count. It's not the game getting better. Maybe they are running the actual RMT :eek: :eek:

I might need to go to discord and talk to Henrik. ahaha. Dude I got so many good ideas. I know it's a meme now, but I could fix every fking problem in this game. The only thing is that it depends on rolling back a lot of the trash content.

Like I always said re: siege... just make pvp more open in general (can talk about that at a later time,) and maybe a war dec the only way you can siege someone. And once you dec someone, you have to wait x amount of time before you can siege. Can even make it so that the dec expires if you fail on the siege. You should be able to pressure people into having to get up at 3am to defend their shit because this is balls2thewall no life grief-fest at its heart, but there needs to be fair play warning.

I'm sure some of you dudes wouldn't mind going into work like a zombie knowing that you successfully stopped a siege attempt. Siege should be WAY EASIER. It should have to be telegraphed like I said, so that everyone who wants to be there can be there, and then when it's over, it's over. You gotta wait x amount of time before you can siege again. To make the whole game a derp fest except for siege is griefing everyone. Siege windows are prol still bad because not everyone keeps the same schedule. The thing is, you do have an investment in MO.

"Honey, where are the kids??" "I'm gonna get sieged!! They're still at school! Go get em! I texted them, they understand." haha.

But yeah, once you break people's will in a siege level combat, it should be relatively easy to drop their stuff. It's just about giving people the opportunity to be there... because like I said, plenty of even unrelated people will be there. That's what siege actually is, it's like a mafioso supreme council thing. If you are appreciated in the game, people can't siege you, or they have to have a force that can outperform yours. In the end, the no life still wins, but at least it's more fair. - shrug - OK coffee done peaceyal.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Since the game feels like a job already i am no longer surprised TC feels like a job aswell.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
It's incomprehensible. There must be more information that we don't know. Something is happening that benefits SV... haha. It's not player count. It's not the game getting better. Maybe they are running the actual RMT :eek: :eek:

I might need to go to discord and talk to Henrik. ahaha. Dude I got so many good ideas. I know it's a meme now, but I could fix every fking problem in this game. The only thing is that it depends on rolling back a lot of the trash content.

Like I always said re: siege... just make pvp more open in general (can talk about that at a later time,) and maybe a war dec the only way you can siege someone. And once you dec someone, you have to wait x amount of time before you can siege. Can even make it so that the dec expires if you fail on the siege. You should be able to pressure people into having to get up at 3am to defend their shit because this is balls2thewall no life grief-fest at its heart, but there needs to be fair play warning.

I'm sure some of you dudes wouldn't mind going into work like a zombie knowing that you successfully stopped a siege attempt. Siege should be WAY EASIER. It should have to be telegraphed like I said, so that everyone who wants to be there can be there, and then when it's over, it's over. You gotta wait x amount of time before you can siege again. To make the whole game a derp fest except for siege is griefing everyone. Siege windows are prol still bad because not everyone keeps the same schedule. The thing is, you do have an investment in MO.

"Honey, where are the kids??" "I'm gonna get sieged!! They're still at school! Go get em! I texted them, they understand." haha.

But yeah, once you break people's will in a siege level combat, it should be relatively easy to drop their stuff. It's just about giving people the opportunity to be there... because like I said, plenty of even unrelated people will be there. That's what siege actually is, it's like a mafioso supreme council thing. If you are appreciated in the game, people can't siege you, or they have to have a force that can outperform yours. In the end, the no life still wins, but at least it's more fair. - shrug - OK coffee done peaceyal.
Idk. When New World launched within the first month we sieged Brightwood and held it until we got bored and quit. The great thing about sieging in that game, is the defenders get to set their siege window. So since we all have jobs and shit, we set it between like 6-8 pm and we knew a couple days ahead of time when it was gonna happen.

We were allied with another small group of really good players. It gave us plenty of time to plan and fill out our 50 man roster. At first we would go to the siege sight ahead of time and just plan the attack. It was great.

As much of a letdown the actual game was and the lag issues inside the siege aside...it was a pleasant experience and it always felt like whoever was better won.

With MO...its always been about who can sneakily siege your shit down. Either the defenders are at work or asleep or at fucking Christmas dinner with their families(looking at you RPK). Nobody likes that shit. It doesn't feel good to be stuck at work or out doing irl stuff and coming back to your hours and hours of work GONE without you being able to defend it. So many great guilds quit MO1 because of that. It was so demoralizing. The only ones left were the no-lifers...which was also me at one time so I get it. But you're never going to have a healthy game when its designed this way.

If SV would just copy NW and allow siege windows to happen...they could reduce the cost of sieges and all that dumb shit they did. Make keeps invulnerable (yes I know it breaks Henriks vision) until that siege window. You'll get much better fights and a much better gaming experience for everyone.