TC brought no valuable content

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Idk. When New World launched within the first month we sieged Brightwood and held it until we got bored and quit. The great thing about sieging in that game, is the defenders get to set their siege window. So since we all have jobs and shit, we set it between like 6-8 pm and we knew a couple days ahead of time when it was gonna happen.

We were allied with another small group of really good players. It gave us plenty of time to plan and fill out our 50 man roster. At first we would go to the siege sight ahead of time and just plan the attack. It was great.

As much of a letdown the actual game was and the lag issues inside the siege aside...it was a pleasant experience and it always felt like whoever was better won.

With MO...its always been about who can sneakily siege your shit down. Either the defenders are at work or asleep or at fucking Christmas dinner with their families(looking at you RPK). Nobody likes that shit. It doesn't feel good to be stuck at work or out doing irl stuff and coming back to your hours and hours of work GONE without you being able to defend it. So many great guilds quit MO1 because of that. It was so demoralizing. The only ones left were the no-lifers...which was also me at one time so I get it. But you're never going to have a healthy game when its designed this way.

If SV would just copy NW and allow siege windows to happen...they could reduce the cost of sieges and all that dumb shit they did. Make keeps invulnerable (yes I know it breaks Henriks vision) until that siege window. You'll get much better fights and a much better gaming experience for everyone.
Having to be persistently online to not lose your shit is awful, I have a very painful real life experience of that in a browser-based game called Glory of Fellowland. It basically requires so much of your time if you actually want to be active and attack people and live, while simultaneously the ppl who are weaker can just chill under a peace flag immune to attacks (then you cannot attack or train most units though, but there are ways around it). Then they figure out your online timer with spies etc. and remove their flag when you are sleeping, and sieze a city from you. You wake up they are behind the flag your city is gone, nothing you can do. And these game servers can last for years, with large alliances controlling the game, and then if another decides to join they will just do the peace flag shit if you don't have 24/7 supervision on everything. Removing the peace flag only gives you an hour attacked window, and the troop movement can easily take that depending on distance and more, and it can be slowed down as well with certain stuff and buildings.

I basically devoted my life to that game for some months, and it really didn't feel good, sure I did well, we even won an entire server with a guild, but it was hectic, every morning immediately back to pc and there till evening basically, there was no such thing as a email notification setup for attacks either unless you paid for it I guess and I was doing it f2p back then, and in any case it won't help that much when you sleep lol.

Attack windows are super essential to any game like this where you can siege others' stuff.

Reactions: MolagAmur

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Having to be persistently online to not lose your shit is awful, I have a very painful real life experience of that in a browser-based game called Glory of Fellowland. It basically requires so much of your time if you actually want to be active and attack people and live, while simultaneously the ppl who are weaker can just chill under a peace flag immune to attacks (then you cannot attack or train most units though, but there are ways around it). Then they figure out your online timer with spies etc. and remove their flag when you are sleeping, and sieze a city from you. You wake up they are behind the flag your city is gone, nothing you can do. And these game servers can last for years, with large alliances controlling the game, and then if another decides to join they will just do the peace flag shit if you don't have 24/7 supervision on everything. Removing the peace flag only gives you an hour attacked window, and the troop movement can easily take that depending on distance and more, and it can be slowed down as well with certain stuff and buildings.

I basically devoted my life to that game for some months, and it really didn't feel good, sure I did well, we even won an entire server with a guild, but it was hectic, every morning immediately back to pc and there till evening basically, there was no such thing as a email notification setup for attacks either unless you paid for it I guess and I was doing it f2p back then, and in any case it won't help that much when you sleep lol.

Attack windows are super essential to any game like this where you can siege others' stuff.
Its funny...I've been around so long to see Henrik lie and come up with bad ideas for over a decade...but he even got me hopeful when he mentioned sieges getting a rework for MO2. I was like "are we finally going to get something good like siege windows". Ha...

Henrik is good at one thing, and its feeding people bullshit they wanna hear. Its like being in a bad relationship, he shits on you over and over, but is very convincing things are going to get better. Overpromise and under-deliver.

He really should have been a politician rather than a game dev.

Reactions: Svaar and Gnidex

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Idk. When New World launched within the first month we sieged Brightwood and held it until we got bored and quit. The great thing about sieging in that game, is the defenders get to set their siege window. So since we all have jobs and shit, we set it between like 6-8 pm and we knew a couple days ahead of time when it was gonna happen.

We were allied with another small group of really good players. It gave us plenty of time to plan and fill out our 50 man roster. At first we would go to the siege sight ahead of time and just plan the attack. It was great.

As much of a letdown the actual game was and the lag issues inside the siege aside...it was a pleasant experience and it always felt like whoever was better won.

With MO...its always been about who can sneakily siege your shit down. Either the defenders are at work or asleep or at fucking Christmas dinner with their families(looking at you RPK). Nobody likes that shit. It doesn't feel good to be stuck at work or out doing irl stuff and coming back to your hours and hours of work GONE without you being able to defend it. So many great guilds quit MO1 because of that. It was so demoralizing. The only ones left were the no-lifers...which was also me at one time so I get it. But you're never going to have a healthy game when its designed this way.

If SV would just copy NW and allow siege windows to happen...they could reduce the cost of sieges and all that dumb shit they did. Make keeps invulnerable (yes I know it breaks Henriks vision) until that siege window. You'll get much better fights and a much better gaming experience for everyone.
Starting with it was great we got bored in a month sounds a bit silly

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Nah, I dig it... NW is a lil different, though, ey? And MO is a more open game. "Worldwide" etc. What I'm suggesting is very close to the same, except it's a little more aggressive (the attacker sets.) So basically a dec would be a dec on assets, the COST would be in the dec, it would be relatively easy to knock shit down once the battle was over, and there would be a finite time window. The area could be open pvp during that time, "war..." so that everyone could get involved as they want to.

I understand the ninja stuff is bad. I been here, too. I never built in 1 cuz I felt people would drop my stuff on the quick. lolol at Christmas, that's kinda a gem of MO tho. It's just RPK doing what they do. Spreading love.

TO ME, it makes sense to have people be forced to declare their desire to destroy assets, to open the area for pvp so nobody has to worry about anything during the actual fight, then when the fight is over, it's just like doop and get on with it. I would be cool with limits on how often you can do it, and like I said if you miss your window, you should have to quit, too.

I wish I had more insight on NW, but that game looked like cancer to me and I would never support amazon. I'd invest in SV stock before I'd play an amazon game. Like I said, I don't see why what I am saying isn't the right answer. This is my conclusion after existing in MO for years, listening to people, etc. It shouldn't be about ninja siege or logging out with boulders. It should be pretty cut and dry. You declare what you are gonna do, you go in and try to do it, and if you succeed, you drop the stuff and get rid of your 'problem' + get some gains.

It just seems way more simple and way more 'true' that any other system, including setting windows. There should be some chance of inconveniencing people, otherwise it's too static. Love it or hate it, MO is its own 'world.' If things were WAI, people would help you defend, or you are a guild like RPK and people would be like lul u deserve it.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Nah, I dig it... NW is a lil different, though, ey? And MO is a more open game. "Worldwide" etc. What I'm suggesting is very close to the same, except it's a little more aggressive (the attacker sets.) So basically a dec would be a dec on assets, the COST would be in the dec, it would be relatively easy to knock shit down once the battle was over, and there would be a finite time window. The area could be open pvp during that time, "war..." so that everyone could get involved as they want to.

I understand the ninja stuff is bad. I been here, too. I never built in 1 cuz I felt people would drop my stuff on the quick. lolol at Christmas, that's kinda a gem of MO tho. It's just RPK doing what they do. Spreading love.

TO ME, it makes sense to have people be forced to declare their desire to destroy assets, to open the area for pvp so nobody has to worry about anything during the actual fight, then when the fight is over, it's just like doop and get on with it. I would be cool with limits on how often you can do it, and like I said if you miss your window, you should have to quit, too.

I wish I had more insight on NW, but that game looked like cancer to me and I would never support amazon. I'd invest in SV stock before I'd play an amazon game. Like I said, I don't see why what I am saying isn't the right answer. This is my conclusion after existing in MO for years, listening to people, etc. It shouldn't be about ninja siege or logging out with boulders. It should be pretty cut and dry. You declare what you are gonna do, you go in and try to do it, and if you succeed, you drop the stuff and get rid of your 'problem' + get some gains.

It just seems way more simple and way more 'true' that any other system, including setting windows. There should be some chance of inconveniencing people, otherwise it's too static. Love it or hate it, MO is its own 'world.' If things were WAI, people would help you defend, or you are a guild like RPK and people would be like lul u deserve it.
Yeah, that's exactly how NW worked. The area around the keep would be open pvp to everyone. The only difference with what you're suggesting is the defender set the time window. Which I still think is best...otherwise you're just gonna have 4am sieges all the time again.

If you want to siege something bad enough, accepting the time window set by the defender is how it should be imo. And it worked well in NW.

Anyway. Henrik isn't gonna change shit. He told me last stream MO is "the best pvp game in the world" according to his players. Dude has lost his mind. He has never admitted to something being wrong with his game, so once a mechanic is created...it stays. He may tweak how something works, but never a rework.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah, that's exactly how NW worked. The area around the keep would be open pvp to everyone. The only difference with what you're suggesting is the defender set the time window. Which I still think is best...otherwise you're just gonna have 4am sieges all the time again.

If you want to siege something bad enough, accepting the time window set by the defender is how it should be imo. And it worked well in NW.

Anyway. Henrik isn't gonna change shit. He told me last stream MO is "the best pvp game in the world" according to his players. Dude has lost his mind. He has never admitted to something being wrong with his game, so once a mechanic is created...it stays. He may tweak how something works, but never a rework.
The man is beyond delusional for sure. He seeks out an affirming opinion and then sticks with it while burying his head in the sand. As if the last 10 years of his business wasn't evidence enough that something needs to change. Fingers crossed for subscriptions.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be a bad start, either way. I dunno. 4am siege sux, but w/ people in diff time zones, who knows.

Things have to change. Change or get rekt. The pop is declining, so...

Like I was just telling Henrik on his alt ( lol ) life is too short for this bullshit.

Siege has always been something people hated in MO. I remember getting attacked farming cuz I would do multi-molva farming and ID alliance thought I was running boulders haha. It's like na bud. That sort of shit, while it seems good, is tedious. There should be some level of logistics, but it should be mainly THE FIGHT. Siege is necessary, and it shouldn't be no gain. Or to quote RPK again "we already dropped a mang, so... we might as well clean up." That's just a bad mechanic. It's good 'in theory,' but it doesn't help the game. Big fights, big drama... some planning OK. I'm with ya there, Henrik. But it's no joke that there are like 100 things in this game that there are WAY more efficient ways to do... could make it easier on server load, easier on programming, etc... so it's just like why.

Siege should def not be an epic grabass. It should be another, higher level pvp mechanic. There are a lot of things that are counter intuitive. Henrik is worried about siege driving people off, probably, but he doesn't realize that siege and siege defense bring people IN to the game. Where that line is, honestly, it's probably a push... but he wants to keep guys who can't pvp, that the community looks down on, as land owners, and that's against the spirit of the game.

There were so many funny moments w/ siege/TC in MO. That dude who bought the keep w/ real cash and tried to make some RP stuff. Ended up getting rekt, I think. The dude who built that open keep and tried to pretend he was helping nubs but he was massively duping. lool. Siege should keep your balls 2 the wall if you own a keep, if you don't, you should be able to get sieged and rebuild elsewhere relatively easily, and if people keep knocking your stuff down, you are prol a big problem in the community.

But yea... TC mines and all that haha. MO has had some ridic times. Devs are ultimately beholden to the community. Sadly, a lot of people enable them. I don't really understand why, but I guess they just wanna pretend they are succeeding in a hardcore game. If the community could see a new mechanic added and actually play it (why having an actual thriving test server would be fun, not just for one thing,) they might come around. Dudes just don't really have any imagination for suggestions, and while Henrik kind of does... he tends to be off on the practical / possible downside part.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
The man is beyond delusional for sure. He seeks out an affirming opinion and then sticks with it while burying his head in the sand. As if the last 10 years of his business wasn't evidence enough that something needs to change. Fingers crossed for subscriptions.
It's hilarious really, he'll never get the fact his game design ideas are shit that was proven not to work in other, better designed, games.

Any decent mmo with sieging used siege windows. Why can't they just copy Eve in this regard when the game itself tries to be a copy of UO in first person.

Why they keep reinventing the wheel
when all their bright ideas just makes the wheel not turn.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It's hilarious really, he'll never get the fact his game design ideas are shit that was proven not to work in other, better designed, games.

Any decent mmo with sieging used siege windows. Why can't they just copy Eve in this regard when the game itself tries to be a copy of UO in first person.

Right, does Henrik really think hes the leading genius in the game design world lmao?

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I think SV is trying their best and will continue to try. IMO you should hafto declare war in order to siege.

this would prevent large groups from roaming the map destroying anything they want and keep it in the realm of what it is suppose to be (territory control).

Once that change is in place it would be my assumption that at that time it would be much easier to adjust structure HP and defensive values.
making them much lower would not in turn hurt solo players , role-players and crafters/ pve players. it would only affect those willing to participate in TC itself.

The game still remains hardcore full loot.... Hell .. make guild stones mandatory and un movable. if a warring guild destroys your guildstone it ends the war.

personally i would start their if it was my choice , however that does involve going back to the drawing board.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

Well...to him we and the 9000 (90%) of other players who have stopped playing the game are just wrong and have bad taste in games. According to Henrik himself, we should just go play World of Warcraft.

Henrik created the biggest and best battle royale in the world capable of 1000 player lobbies. Only 50 people played it for a week though because, again, everyone who didn't like it just has bad taste in games or don't possess the skill required.

And you KNOW, the only stupid fucking reason the map in MO2 is apparently 6 times the size of MO1 is because Henrik wanted to brag about having a massive map. It logically made zero sense to do. If he wanted more land mass, he would have just released other continents. The fact he still plans on Sarducca is mind-blowing.

Its just fucking annoying there isn't another game like MO2. I truly think that's the only reason this game even has players. Everyone would jump ship immediately if a good company made their identical version.

The only reason I still come around is because I had a few years of the best gaming in my life with MO1. I've recently realized that "vision" of the game is so far gone though.

Reactions: Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dunno how they managed MO anyway. haha. I'm not a supervet, but I've heard conflicting stories. Apparently at some point they had a good team of devs. They got it to a point, and they have advanced it from there. It's not that they are incapable... that's the weird part. They have done things.

When you make a mistake, for instance, you create tower shields. You see how EQ hits work. You see how they guard your back. You see how wep handles can hit each other. You realize THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME. That's like some 2050 shit for a game. But because it's not developed, like through all of the shit they added, they should STILL be discovering new ways to make the game better because the engine is pretty fucking awesome. It's not like 'a game like MO' would be good... because it would have to be first person and have this engine. It's not that it could ONLY work like that, but as we've said a bunch... it's already right here.

Even the fails, the way hits bounce when you hit a shield or handle hit. The way you fly back when someone shield bumps you. ALL of those mechanics could be refined to make combat better. Arrows... I mean, this is gonna sound fucked up, but I think Henrik is mad, too. I think he's holding the game hostage. haha. That's why I don't really support dissing him. There's plenty of space for both sides. There are tons of mistakes that were made that could be fixed by just making the game play good. TC seems to be a glitch fest... I haven't played so I can't speak on that, but just the core game play like combat, etc, it could be so much cooler!

Did they finally make it so where if you dismount someone they do more than just drop down? haha. I mean, the reason TC is not good content is because the game sucks. THE GAME SUCKS. It doesn't have to. There are a lot of issues, too, like with fairness, hacking, RMT, but basically the game sucks. If I played again, all I would do is go around and MA people like I used to do. That is one part of the game I feel is working p well. Just go around and mount grief people who want to mess around. The rest of the gameplay is HOT SWEATY ASS. Well, team fights are kinda cool, too, but the last team ish fight I got was during the first halloween event ahaha. And some small skirmishes here and there. Any place where it's not parry fest can be fun.

Fuck a vision, the issue is the core game play. That rises above everything and that's what is gonna get people to sub. When the game was growing, all the people who I talked to were quitting cuz they didn't wanna learn to do advanced swing hides in order to be able to hit someone. When you realize how fcking wack that is... I mean, that's one thing that's prolly not on Henrik. That's some sweaty stuff some pvper suggested. It's just not good.

I'm sure some of these things are Henriks ideas, sure, but some of these ideas like moving casting and shit, that was something other people were suggesting and tbh they were thoughtlessly applied. People keep wanting new shit and it gets added but the game doesn't get better because... the very core of the game is not fun, not accessible, and arguably very tilted toward people who are sitting on the server.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
Hello! I have carefully brainstormed and produced a full guide to fix all of your solo problems. Here it is:
Git gud.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hello! I have carefully brainstormed and produced a full guide to fix all of your solo problems. Here it is:
Git gud.
I wuz a beast solo. haha. I could come back now and just go around crafting. I stack bundles without even leaving town. I don't even need to take risks. Been doing it since 13. Gimme my decade stamp. Ain't got nothing to do w/ soloz. You know you're not a solo, either and prol never were one haha. YOU AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE.

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
I wuz a beast solo. haha. I could come back now and just go around crafting. I stack bundles without even leaving town. I don't even need to take risks. Been doing it since 13. Gimme my decade stamp. Ain't got nothing to do w/ soloz. You know you're not a solo, either and prol never were one haha. YOU AIN'T ABOUT THAT LIFE.
Only thing your a veteran of is spamming this forum. Half of the posts on here is you. Cant imagine what kind of life you are about.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Only thing your a veteran of is spamming this forum. Half of the posts on here is you. Cant imagine what kind of life you are about.

fast typing / reading life haha. NATIVE ENGLISH. Dudes who dunno dunno. I did my thing - dances - Even if I didn't, you're right, I'd still be here, but I did. I yam what I yam. What did you contribute to MO1 or 2, be real. :eek:

edit:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
fast typing / reading life haha. NATIVE ENGLISH. Dudes who dunno dunno. I did my thing - dances - Even if I didn't, you're right, I'd still be here, but I did. I yam what I yam. What did you contribute to MO1 or 2, be real. :eek:

edit:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You are mentally unwell

sometimes. Not when I'm here thoo. I'm 'different.' Not better, not worse. My brain is literally not like yours. It's not better; it's not worse. It's different. If people would stop being MAD, we could all be friends. I can do things you can't imagine (like imagine situations and how they would play out with some level of reliability, or build systems, or read people based on their behavior due to the same 'brain wiring') and that makes people mad, that I 'think I can do those things.'

However, there are plenty of things you can do that I can't. Don't take it all so srs. I am sorry I talk shit, but I get bored. I have ridiculous amounts of energy. I've learned to embrace myself and shrug of people getting mad. Over time, most people get over it. If you just relax, you might find that I'm not your arch-enemy.

But yaboy does do more than shitpost. TBH this forum is dead. I am probably helping? If I stayed, I think it could be nice. I think a lot of people are afraid to speak, but there's no reason for them to be. People were cool with me when they felt I agreed with them, once they hear my strange ideas, they are like eyyy this guy. Gimme some credit, tho, I do want MO to be fixed and. @Henrik Nyström (my fav thing to do lately) I ain't mad at ya. I want to help you fix your game. I promise you I can. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

Sorry for flooding out your forum... but NOT REALLY, I wish I could energize it and make people talk like MO1.

PEACE. Don't try to pull my card tho. I really did play MO1. Not for long (cuz I bore,) but long enough to do stuff. I want to see MO2 be good cuz it has way more potential.