Tandem riding with alt account.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
So now people are riding around tandem with their alt account as a shield wearing meat shield, while also having multiple terror birds in tow. Oh but wait, the alt account riding in the back can also have 2 terror birds in tow. So now one dude can have 2 lives and 4 birds all the while playing duel mounted mages.

GG SV, GG

I dont know how you do it SV, but here we go again. where no one thought this was even possible, a new low has now been achieved. Over and out.

Reactions: Gnidex

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The core issue with this isnt 2 people on 1 mount, its that this games pet system is literal aids. You shouldnt be able to have a horse and a terror bird period. Nevermind 2 birds and 1 horse. Pets shouldn't be able to go mount speed like earlier in mo1. Pets should take more effort than "aLl pEtS aTtaCK!!!". You shouldnt be able to use a tower shield or any large shield while mounted.

We arent allowed to have nice things because everything is always designed poorly lmao...

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree, the ability to have 2 people on 1 horse is fine, but how on earth did they not think about the combination of 2 tamer/mages riding on 1 horse?

Like whats a guy supposed to do when faced with that? You have to survive 4 pets (while they are getting healed) and then dismount the guy and kill him twice….its completely demented.

Tandem riding should have their speed lowered by a good 30 to 40%. And the second rider should not be able to command pets while mounted. This is at minimum.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Tbh, are you really surprised by now how they do things?

The whole game is basically the low hanging fruit.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
The core issue with this isnt 2 people on 1 mount, its that this games pet system is literal aids. You shouldnt be able to have a horse and a terror bird period. Nevermind 2 birds and 1 horse. Pets shouldn't be able to go mount speed like earlier in mo1. Pets should take more effort than "aLl pEtS aTtaCK!!!". You shouldnt be able to use a tower shield or any large shield while mounted.

We arent allowed to have nice things because everything is always designed poorly lmao...
"PetS ShoULD TakE MorE EffoRT"

Mfer It takes the most effort to use a pet. You have to go out and tame a dog shit wortheless low level pet. Bring it all the way to a safe spot just to train it for 4-8hrs just so it wont get one tapped, It will instead get 4 or 5 tapped by a long bow, and probably less if using a blunt hammer or axe. Also They just gave 20% more damage to ALL pets up form 10% if you have zoology. So maybe besides bitching you should try to adapt your build and get the zoology of the "OP Pets" That take more then 2 hits.
I agree, the ability to have 2 people on 1 horse is fine, but how on earth did they not think about the combination of 2 tamer/mages riding on 1 horse?

Like whats a guy supposed to do when faced with that? You have to survive 4 pets (while they are getting healed) and then dismount the guy and kill him twice….its completely demented.

Tandem riding should have their speed lowered by a good 30 to 40%. And the second rider should not be able to command pets while mounted. This is at minimum.

Your not supposed to win every situation. Stop crying.
Also why is everyone against lowering movement speed of players in heavy armor but 100% for it for mounts and pets? Doesn't make sense

Locke

Oct 30, 2022

Mfer It takes the most effort to use a pet. You have to go out and tame a dog shit wortheless low level pet. Bring it all the way to a safe spot just to train it for 4-8hrs just so it wont get one tapped, It will instead get 4 or 5 tapped by a long bow, and probably less if using a blunt hammer or axe. Also They just gave 20% more damage to ALL pets up form 10% if you have zoology. So maybe besides bitching you should try to adapt your build and get the zoology of the "OP Pets" That take more then 2 hits.

Also why is everyone against lowering movement speed of players in heavy armor but 100% for it for mounts and pets? Doesn't make sense
Everyone knows pets are broken, I get it you want easy mode for PvP but you know some people actually value player skill in combat.

All Pets Attack is not in line at all with any of the combat aspects of the game. With magery you have to charge and aim your spells while being softlocked in an animation (or a direction if mounted), with melee you have to charge, aim and parry properly, with pets... well I guess you just need to barely aim once and push 1 button (not to mention they have no stamina).

The tamer should be required to put his own skill to work to make the pet do actual damage, like other "classes" are required to. This sort of "passive" pet damage has to go since it's not at all in line with the other aspects of the game's combat system. Having the tamer be active for pet attacks and softlocked in animations like mages are for spells would be a good way of fixing the problem or at the very least improving the situation making it more skill based and in line with other "classes".

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Everyone knows pets are broken, I get it you want easy mode for PvP but you know some people actually value player skill in combat.

All Pets Attack is not in line at all with any of the combat aspects of the game. With magery you have to charge and aim your spells while being softlocked in an animation (or a direction if mounted), with melee you have to charge, aim and parry properly, with pets... well I guess you just need to barely aim once and push 1 button (not to mention they have no stamina).

The tamer should be required to put his own skill to work to make the pet do actual damage, like other "classes" are required to. This sort of "passive" pet damage has to go since it's not at all in line with the other aspects of the game's combat system. Having the tamer be active for pet attacks and softlocked in animations like mages are for spells would be a good way of fixing the problem or at the very least improving the situation making it more skill based and in line with other "classes".
If I wanted ez mode PVP would I be playing Sheevra pure dex mage as my main, The most Nurfed build in the game?

You can theory craft all you want. You haven't provided any actual changes they could do, all you said is how it should be in theory. Go ahead and describe it. I bet you cant. Because There is no way to make AI skill based dependant upon the player. They tried with beast mastery and all that did was nurf tames.

Tamers have the worst life in the game. Mass amount of point allocation. For pets that are easily 3 tapped (or less with the pets zoology bc you get 20% damage now, Buffed up from 10% in this last patch) No armor. And the pets that are worth a damn nobody wants to use because of how much is invested in that one pet.

If you can find a way to make pets "Skill based" By all means describe it. However If you come up with a way, then the pets should be instant trained to what ever level the player wants. Just like you can instantly make/buy a sword, axe shield, mage mats if you have the skill and money to do so. This would take the time investment out of pets, and reward "Skill based" good tamers. Bc lets be honest, Nobody wants to sit afk for 4-8hrs leveling a pet. Especially if that shit gets 3 tapped.

manure

May 7, 2022
I believe the developers could do only a simple thing, that perhaps would balance a little bit... They should add STAMINA to agressive pets... So that people who dont want to fight the pets, could simply ESCAPE from them (if they re faster, obviously).
Infinite stamina for the pets chasing someone isnt fair.

Here is an example : My char is a mage... I have low hp, but I am fast. Most of the times, if I decide to flee from a pet, its not possible... Because even if im fast and run away from the pet, eventually my stamina ends and the pet reaches me and kills me with two or three bites !

Pets should not be able to infinitely chase someone never getting tired.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020

Pets take effort to get the pet but I mean it should take effort to actually use it once its leveled.

The effort it takes to get a pet is another bad design. It shouldn't take that much time to get a pet that just dies every fight.

But it also shouldnt be as easy to use.

Right now it has to be the shitty way it is because if it was easy to get a pet and they took 0 braincells to fight with there would be an even bigger problem.

There is no way to make AI skill based dependant upon the player
And if this is the case, then pets just deserve to be bad and meant for PVE. Because its just 0 fun for anyone else to have a player use 0 skill to kill you with their ai pet.

Piet

May 28, 2020

the combat does take no effort with it. There's no arguing that. afk'ing is not really a lot of effort. Wouldn't it nice for pets to be more useful but also more active and interesting? The system is shit right now. It isn't a nerf it's a change to make it better. Clearly it needs it.

Also I think just like anything else riding tandem you shouldn't be able to attack with pets and it should be slower to get off so melee can't ride up and insta dismount attack.

Piet

May 28, 2020
If I wanted ez mode PVP would I be playing Sheevra pure dex mage as my main, The most Nurfed build in the game?

You can theory craft all you want. You haven't provided any actual changes they could do, all you said is how it should be in theory. Go ahead and describe it. I bet you cant. Because There is no way to make AI skill based dependant upon the player. They tried with beast mastery and all that did was nurf tames.

Tamers have the worst life in the game. Mass amount of point allocation. For pets that are easily 3 tapped (or less with the pets zoology bc you get 20% damage now, Buffed up from 10% in this last patch) No armor. And the pets that are worth a damn nobody wants to use because of how much is invested in that one pet.

If you can find a way to make pets "Skill based" By all means describe it. However If you come up with a way, then the pets should be instant trained to what ever level the player wants. Just like you can instantly make/buy a sword, axe shield, mage mats if you have the skill and money to do so. This would take the time investment out of pets, and reward "Skill based" good tamers. Bc lets be honest, Nobody wants to sit afk for 4-8hrs leveling a pet. Especially if that shit gets 3 tapped.
There's def a way to make it skill based. Make it so you have to actually invest points. For a while it only took 10 or less points to have a max direwolf. You'd have a guildie tame it and level it and that's it you can sick it on an npc to have max focus already for a battle. If they adjusted PP costs, and instead made CC a child skill of animal care, ACC a child of herding and then fixed beast mastery so it would be fluid and fun to use maybe even make it so focus gained without combat like a mana bar for pets and made it so auto attacks don't do much against people so you have to aim and use the skills it would make the pets more skill based and more interesting because all the animals have tons of cool skills. I would also recommend the pets to be tankier depending on the damage of the skills and that the anti pet skills just made it so the attacks didn't go off or something instead of slow them or stop them so they get insta zerged down.

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
The main problem is there is no counter to pets. I can hard counter a thursar with a skeletal mage. in an open field the thursar would have 0 chance if winning without pet or ally assistance. You can counter that skeletal mage with a Veela foot fighter who will eventually catch that mage with superior stamina if there is no water.

A tamer (or ritualist) with mounted archery and mage does not have a counter and its the most common build right now. Most are also running Elfs so they are dex mages if they ever need to be off mount.

How many primary skill/action skill points exist to be invested in pet related skills? Uh ok lets count: Beast mastery, CC, Advanced CC, Taming, Domination, Ritualism, Herding, Animal Care. Did I miss anything?

How many primary skill/action skill points can I invest on my Alvarin footy to kill pets or defend against pets with? 0. Absolutely 0. Zoology under professions, but that skill also buffs Pet masters.

There should be 300 primary skill I can buy to turn a footy into PETDOZER. But there's not? Why? Why are pet masters exempt from build counters?

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
The main problem is there is no counter to pets. I can hard counter a thursar with a skeletal mage. in an open field the thursar would have 0 chance if winning without pet or ally assistance. You can counter that skeletal mage with a Veela foot fighter who will eventually catch that mage with superior stamina if there is no water.

A tamer (or ritualist) with mounted archery and mage does not have a counter and its the most common build right now. Most are also running Elfs so they are dex mages if they ever need to be off mount.

How many primary skill/action skill points exist to be invested in pet related skills? Uh ok lets count: Beast mastery, CC, Advanced CC, Taming, Domination, Ritualism, Herding, Animal Care. Did I miss anything?

How many primary skill/action skill points can I invest on my Alvarin footy to kill pets or defend against pets with? 0. Absolutely 0. Zoology under professions, but that skill also buffs Pet masters.

There should be 300 primary skill I can buy to turn a footy into PETDOZER. But there's not? Why? Why are pet masters exempt from build counters?
just be necro and pay 1k to insta kill pets because they can't move with atrophy XD

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
just be necro and pay 1k to insta kill pets because they can't move with atrophy XD

Atrophy does 0 damage and the debuff will last until I can unsheathe my weapon provided I could even cast the spell in the first place while being interrupted by the pet. How about you just let me skill into primary's that make me nearly immune to pet damage but take increased damage from players. Or perhaps a primary that increases damage to all player controlled creatures except horses. Or since we all love pets so much you could give me a primary magic school that lets me summon pets that can only damage player controlled creatures but they are really good at doing that.

You know you get to invest 1000 points for your pets but I don't get any points against them. Cool game.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021

The problem with this statement is Every build is a counter to pets. You are just dog shit. People have said multiple times pets arnt skilled based. "all you do it hit all pets attack and jobs done"
That means if you have more then 10int IRL you can kill pets easily. The only pets you can not parry are Risen sators, Tags, and there is one more I believe but I forget. Along with the dire wolfs if there are more then 1. But in that case you just pop your clade, (life steal for Thusar, or rock solid for Oghmir. Dex fighters are kinda fucked. But this is the only time they are really fucked.) And Just swing away.
But as I said any competent foot fighter SHOULD be able to solo any pet. Easily, the mechanics are already in the game for that its called parry. All you have to do is get used to the attack animations and it renders almost all pets useless!
I can attest to this I have an Ogh FF, along with a sheevra pure mage. I am no way clamming to be a a good FF, I am how ever clamming that my above statement is true. I went out and fought countless Taru dogs, and terror birds, I can now solo them ez just by parrying.

But remember Its never going to be you vs just the pet.
Ik this is about tandem riding. But you are talking about pets in general.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Thank you for bringing this back to my original point. Yes, pets are part of the issue but my main gripe is the ability of 1 player to now have 2 mounted mage/tamers at the same time.

Pets alone arent impossible to fight, but its never just pets you are fighting. The player is usually either bowing you down or mage banging you from his horse at the same time. That is the broken part of it.

And now with tandem riding he can have twice the amount of pets, and 2 full mana bars. He can literraly carry a spare character on his horse. Yes, switching between 2 screens is a bit cumbersome, but a good player wont have too much trouble and the damage potential is insane. Shit is just retarded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Locke

fartbox

Apr 29, 2023
The problem with this statement is Every build is a counter to pets. You are just dog shit. People have said multiple times pets arnt skilled based. "all you do it hit all pets attack and jobs done"
That means if you have more then 10int IRL you can kill pets easily. The only pets you can not parry are Risen sators, Tags, and there is one more I believe but I forget. Along with the dire wolfs if there are more then 1. But in that case you just pop your clade, (life steal for Thusar, or rock solid for Oghmir. Dex fighters are kinda fucked. But this is the only time they are really fucked.) And Just swing away.
But as I said any competent foot fighter SHOULD be able to solo any pet. Easily, the mechanics are already in the game for that its called parry. All you have to do is get used to the attack animations and it renders almost all pets useless!
I can attest to this I have an Ogh FF, along with a sheevra pure mage. I am no way clamming to be a a good FF, I am how ever clamming that my above statement is true. I went out and fought countless Taru dogs, and terror birds, I can now solo them ez just by parrying.

But remember Its never going to be you vs just the pet.

Cool story bro
Didn't read
GOOD FIGHT man, GOOD FIGHT!
see below

Piet

May 28, 2020
Atrophy does 0 damage and the debuff will last until I can unsheathe my weapon provided I could even cast the spell in the first place while being interrupted by the pet. How about you just let me skill into primary's that make me nearly immune to pet damage but take increased damage from players. Or perhaps a primary that increases damage to all player controlled creatures except horses. Or since we all love pets so much you could give me a primary magic school that lets me summon pets that can only damage player controlled creatures but they are really good at doing that.

You know you get to invest 1000 points for your pets but I don't get any points against them. Cool game.
It was more a joke about how shit the system is cause I agree but atrophy is an insta kill on a pet if you're in a group.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The same way EQ, Boulder and blunt damage from melee is insta kill on a mounted if you're in a group.