Swimming is not effective enough.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
With 85 swimming, 50ish resistance swimming, and a few other bonuses I still drown if i manage to fall into deep water out at the ocean or in sausage lake. This is unacceptable. I am under armor weight value and under carrying capacity I should be perfectly fine to swim at full speed yet I cannot. Swimming straight up literally doesnt work if you aren't naked. It does not make sense.

The final nail for me is that players can theoretically run around in 25kg of armor if they have heavy armor training at maximum speed, yet this is not the case for swimming skill. Sure heavier armor gives you a slight stamina regeneration reduction but that is nothing compared to how garbage slow and stamina extensive swimming is.

Fix this and more people might actually use it.

Honestly Survival as a whole needs more benefits to the player but ill end the topic at just swimming for now.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
yeah I just dont go in water. Its too risky. You never know. One second you go in a bit. The next second you sink to the bottom and cant get out

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
yeah I just dont go in water. Its too risky. You never know. One second you go in a bit. The next second you sink to the bottom and cant get out
right? for some ungodly reason I can swim perfectly fine side to side but if I try to swim upwards it just drains my stamina and i hover in place. its stupid.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
dont wear heavy Armor or full inventory???
I have no issues with it at all with light armor

Reactions: Xunila

Moldiworp

Feb 26, 2022
Walking around with something heavy on is miles easier than swimming with said heavy thing.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Walking around with something heavy on is miles easier than swimming with said heavy thing.
Isnt that realistic tho? is it even possible to swim in full plate? I mean walking around in my everyday clothes is easy but i know swimming in them is hard..

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Isnt that realistic tho? is it even possible to swim in full plate? I mean walking around in my everyday clothes is easy but i know swimming in them is hard..
I think that was his point. It IS easier to walk around with something heavy on than swimming with it.

Its technically possible to swim in full plate IRL, if the full plate was built in a way that it could actually be used for buoyancy instead of becoming the weight that sinks you. But I sincerely doubt anyone ever made or anyone would ever make a plate armor with that in mind, you are not supposed to be swimming in plate armor.

Honestly I find the swimming to be in a REALLY good spot right now, swimming should be (potentially) extremely dangerous and require forethought. It shouldn't just be a minor inconvenience that you can just completely ignore. A river should be an obstacle, not a 5 second slow down. If water ways are not restrictive if you are not kitted to cross it, Then might as well make the entire gameworld just one giant flat plain. Get rid of the trees! they make it harder to autorun! Mountains are annoying! remove them!

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
If i have to invest a large amount of primary Action skills just to be able to cross rivers in light armor and light inventory then the design is flawed. This is still a video game, There are plenty of things that aren't "realistic" in the game. If ThursymcRisarFace can run around at full speed with a tiny stamina regen debuff in heavy ass armor I should at the very least be able to swim upwards at my normal swim speed if i am not encumbered or over armor carry weight.

The very least they could do is add a debuff when you swim that tells you that you are overweight and can't swim up properly. as someone who has invested 70 points in endurance and survival as well as up to 60 points in heavy armor training I shouldn't just drown if i fall into a deep pool of water. Why should I get penalties in that way when heavy armor training/run speed doesn't? The whole reason I got these skills was so that I could help guildies without the skills when they lose loot or fall into the water. Yet to use the skill I have to make myself defenseless. That is bad design. Or do you think heavy armor should reduce movement speed? It's basically the same thing as swimming right?

Before you answer, yes they are different things but the concept is the exact same. Weight slows you down. All I want for swimming is the same treatment heavy armor training gives.

Reactions: CrgHck

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
If i have to invest a large amount of primary Action skills just to be able to cross rivers in light armor and light inventory then the design is flawed. This is still a video game, There are plenty of things that aren't "realistic" in the game. If ThursymcRisarFace can run around at full speed with a tiny stamina regen debuff in heavy ass armor I should at the very least be able to swim upwards at my normal swim speed if i am not encumbered or over armor carry weight.

The very least they could do is add a debuff when you swim that tells you that you are overweight and can't swim up properly. as someone who has invested 70 points in endurance and survival as well as up to 60 points in heavy armor training I shouldn't just drown if i fall into a deep pool of water. Why should I get penalties in that way when heavy armor training/run speed doesn't? The whole reason I got these skills was so that I could help guildies without the skills when they lose loot or fall into the water. Yet to use the skill I have to make myself defenseless. That is bad design. Or do you think heavy armor should reduce movement speed? It's basically the same thing as swimming right?

Before you answer, yes they are different things but the concept is the exact same. Weight slows you down. All I want for swimming is the same treatment heavy armor training gives.
You have crawling?

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
that may not be the point , but , if you go into water to help friend get lootbag ( that's what you said ) how come you can go far enought to find deep water ? i mean i have probably about the same skill number and i think it's going really well

Reactions: Xunila

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
With 85 swimming, 50ish resistance swimming, and a few other bonuses I still drown if i manage to fall into deep water out at the ocean or in sausage lake. This is unacceptable. I am under armor weight value and under carrying capacity I should be perfectly fine to swim at full speed yet I cannot. Swimming straight up literally doesnt work if you aren't naked. It does not make sense.

The final nail for me is that players can theoretically run around in 25kg of armor if they have heavy armor training at maximum speed, yet this is not the case for swimming skill. Sure heavier armor gives you a slight stamina regeneration reduction but that is nothing compared to how garbage slow and stamina extensive swimming is.

Fix this and more people might actually use it.

Honestly Survival as a whole needs more benefits to the player but ill end the topic at just swimming for now.
Everyone please ignore this. I Am a Pro Argus sponge diver! I have Max swimming. My carry weight is 43.10kg I can Swim effectively with 22KG, 24KG with out 2kg armor on. Your weapons/shield does not count.

This man is saying he has 50ish Resistance swimming. That is the one and only skill that matters for effecting your max KG while swimming!

Saying this is like saying, I have 50 in armor crafting, Why is all my armor less then common quality? 🤷‍♂️

No, There will be recourses in the water. You need to risk something to go get them. Not many people train swimming. So there is like nobody ever down there with me. The water is my safe space. You can train to run the same speed in armor. But you would have to train considerably more to counter the weight of heaviness in water. I dont give a fuck if there is an Olympic level swimmer, They will not be able to swim with 20kg armor on. And another 40-50kg of shit in a bag. It is a video game. But Being abele to swim with max armor weight and inventory is not they way it should be. IMO.

About crossing rivers and shit I think if you can stand up in it sure. But if your head is 5 ft under. Then no. Perhaps they can make it where you can walk at the bottom. So you can potentially cross rivers, But You should be slow as fuck. I understand Its a pain to swim with no swimming skill. That is why I put my skills in it.

It seems like everyone is asking for it to be a secondary skill. I personally feel this will make the game completely unbalanced. Swimming is so good in certain situations. Ive fought off 1v3s just because I was swimming. Your response is well then your trash and just did that bc you have the points in it. To that I say yes. I do have points in it. But I also have No FF skills what so ever. I spent the points in Swimming, So OFC I should have an edge when in the water. My whole Build is made to run away, And if there is water bet your ass I'm heading that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordyph13

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
swimming got hit massively hard with new penalties that shouldn't of been added, while mounted archers still have no sway. typical SV moments in balance.