SV please !Do somthing with people who have ping like this guy.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Eldrath is the literal house burning down around him; "this is fine" meme come to life. In a few months time he'll be the john Travolta "where did everyone go" pulp fiction meme.
There are many reasons why this game may fail. Regional servers isn't necessarily one of them. Melee combat is very important, but was and should be a relatively small part of the overall Mortal Online experience. They made a Royale, no one showed up. Me and a few other people were there, it was quite fun; regional servers, pure pvp, no pets, very minimal mounted, and no one gave a shit. Without a proper game world that has depth and is enjoyable, there is no reason to care about the pvp in MO.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There are many reasons why this game may fail. Regional servers isn't necessarily one of them. Melee combat is very important, but was and should be a relatively small part of the overall Mortal Online experience. They made a Royale, no one showed up. Me and a few other people were there, it was quite fun; regional servers, pure pvp, no pets, very minimal mounted, and no one gave a shit. Without a proper game world that has depth and is enjoyable, there is no reason to care about the pvp in MO.
This was very true and very sad loved mortal royale

Reactions: Rorry

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
then the only way to fix this seems to be that mortal online 2 has to become a singleplayer game

Not true. An abnormal high ping above 350 or so, could trow you to the log in screen, or a massage could pop up, if you have packetloss. This popup could say. Fix your internet and get a stable cable connection. Wifi is not recommended.

Last edited:

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I would actually argue that Mortal Royale died for a very different reason.

There were a few dozen of us playing it for a couple weeks after it released, but the player base was massively hurt by the fact that you needed at least 5 people to start a match at all, and when it did start it took a 5 minute count down to get into the actual game.

If they had simply changed the player requirement to 2 and made the queue way shorter it would have stayed alive for much longer, as I remember being in the server waiting for hours at a time with 4 people wanting to play but couldn't.

There was also the issue with the split servers and not being able to easily see how many people were in each server queue before joining them so you could (and often did) have 8 people waiting to play a game, but it was 4 people in both servers instead of consolidated.

It was a good game but they didn't pay it any attention at all as soon as they released it.

I also spent hours making an in depth guide on how to do everything in the game on the steam guides section and it never even got pinned.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Also yes regarding the original topic, high ping does not cause this. This is caused by packet loss and an unstable connection.

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
So SV have to make system that will deal with players who have packet lost . No ones whant to play with this people it will kill the first experiance of new coming people and they will leave . Not saying about old players , for me its look disgusting .

Reactions: Bloodterst

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
why he is so fast?
He isn't fast. It's just the prediction system spontaneously updating his position when there is a new position update.

The problem seems to be there is too much compensation on the server and too little on the client. The server should set more rules and correct the client position to where it should be not just taking the client positions as they come in.

D

Dracu

Not true. An abnormal high ping above 350 or so, could trow you to the log in screen, or a massage could pop up, if you have packetloss. This popup could say. Fix your internet and get a stable cable connection. Wifi is not recommended.
that sounds way to hard to do! How about we just cancel mo2 and play wow instead?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This was very true and very sad loved mortal royale
Seriously though lets get back to reality here.

Mortal Royale was NEVER gonna be successful or even have decent numbers from the get go.
The entire idea was a failed one in every way.

They copied MO and turned it into a battle royale which noone of the insanely low amount of players MO had ever asked for.

First off they should have fixed and balanced the combat which was piss poor in MO at that point.
Second it shouldnt have been a battle royale with what 1 server ? If anything it should have been more along a smaller MO world with regional servers where everything was faster paced. Maybe it would draw some players.
No graphical upgrade was also a very poor decision.

And as always the list goes on and on and on...

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I would actually argue that Mortal Royale died for a very different reason.

There were a few dozen of us playing it for a couple weeks after it released, but the player base was massively hurt by the fact that you needed at least 5 people to start a match at all, and when it did start it took a 5 minute count down to get into the actual game.

If they had simply changed the player requirement to 2 and made the queue way shorter it would have stayed alive for much longer, as I remember being in the server waiting for hours at a time with 4 people wanting to play but couldn't.

There was also the issue with the split servers and not being able to easily see how many people were in each server queue before joining them so you could (and often did) have 8 people waiting to play a game, but it was 4 people in both servers instead of consolidated.

It was a good game but they didn't pay it any attention at all as soon as they released it.

I also spent hours making an in depth guide on how to do everything in the game on the steam guides section and it never even got pinned.
But that is essentially the essence of MO, Timers! How can anyone complain about timers ?

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Seriously though lets get back to reality here.

Mortal Royale was NEVER gonna be successful or even have decent numbers from the get go.
The entire idea was a failed one in every way.

They copied MO and turned it into a battle royale which noone of the insanely low amount of players MO had ever asked for.
Well, to be honest, there were probably some people that asked for it. With some people and what they ask for it does go in the direction of match based combat simulators. Very often people don't even know what they want with this game or if they do they forget or don't understand the surrounding consequences of what they ask for.
In effect Mortal Royale perfected showcased what happened to MO after years of too much focus on combat and very little features for all kinds of other playstyles. Over the years more and more people had left because there was nothing to do for them long-term with their playstyle and a Battle Royale was kind of a boiled down version of Mortal fitted to the remains of the player base with inspiration of current other game trends.

I remember early on having so many people of different playstyles, even AI had different branches focusing on different things, but over time more and more people left just because there simply wasn't anything to keep their attention. And at some point there were only people desperately grasping to hope that things could still get better left. And even those were probably only left because there hasn't really been any competition for MO in the last decade. Which was probably what kept MO alive for so long.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
People openly cheating in an alpha and terrible design choices in the network.

MO2 is going to be another game that Star Vault makes that will have 100 players playing it when it's all said and done.
i hope not more or the discord will explode

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
In the beginning they had a whole different attitude than now.
At the start of Alpha they said they wanted the best possible experience for low ping players over high ping players, ping normalization made sure that was wrong.
At the start of Alpha they turned speed up after the first days of testing, now we are far below the start point.
Weapon damage and weapon swing speed is lower now than at the start.
Combat in general is easier now than at the start.
At the start their whole attitude was toward skill, now its not.

It took months for things to change in the wrong direction, but we all saw it was due to certain players whining and complaining. A year later we are closer to MO than MO2 gameplay wise. Everything has kinda warped back to the result MO became in the same way MO developed the way that turned out.

Sadly I have been here for both development cycles and its scary how alike they are while the development team try their best to refuse it is so. Both times due to player influence.

Funny how history repeats itself...

D

Dracu

Cant really say that anymore.
At the start of Alpha they said they wanted the best possible experience for low ping players over high ping players, ping normalization made sure that was wrong.
At the start of Alpha they turned speed up after the first days of testing, now we are far below the start point.

It took months for things to change in the wrong direction, but we all saw it was due to certain players whining and complaining. A year later we are closer to MO than MO2 gameplay wise. Everything has kinda warped back to the result MO became in the same way MO developed the way that turned out.

Sadly I have been here for both development cycles and its scary how alike they are while the development team try their best to refuse it is so. Both times due to player influence.

but to be fair, combat back then at the start of the alpha was kidna atrocious, faster swings & blocks because of ping.
Hits going through your blocks because of ping.
Stuff like block abuse, basicly jsut holding charge and figuring out the right window where you enemy cant do anything and will get hit for atleast blocked dmg.
There was no turn cap and ppl twitch ballerina spinned... worse then now :D
Animations were way harder to tell due to some weapon animations looking way to similiar.
Over the time they did alot to fix this stuff.

But then the crunch time started and release time and it felt like the work on combat stopped, even though it was missing major stuff they announced to make the slower combat more skillfull again.
Lets hope SV gets back to it in time :)

grendel

Jun 13, 2020

Honestly I have not been following MO2 development very closely, but this is scary and depressing.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Cant really say that anymore.

agree with everything, except I think trying to normalize ping was a good idea.

The complaints were very sad and led to bad changes.

Reactions: agui