SV please !Do somthing with people who have ping like this guy.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Honestly I have not been following MO2 development very closely, but this is scary and depressing.
Yes it is...
agree with everything, except I think trying to normalize ping was a good idea.

The complaints were very sad and led to bad changes.
Verytrue,I personally have nothing against normalizing ping so long as the game is more skillbased than gear and numbers based.

Yes they always are.

Reactions: agui

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
but to be fair, combat back then at the start of the alpha was kidna atrocious, faster swings & blocks because of ping.
Hits going through your blocks because of ping.
Stuff like block abuse, basicly jsut holding charge and figuring out the right window where you enemy cant do anything and will get hit for atleast blocked dmg.
There was no turn cap and ppl twitch ballerina spinned... worse then now :D
Animations were way harder to tell due to some weapon animations looking way to similiar.
Over the time they did alot to fix this stuff.

But then the crunch time started and release time and it felt like the work on combat stopped, even though it was missing major stuff they announced to make the slower combat more skillfull again.
Lets hope SV gets back to it in time :)
Im talking very beginning before even I started complaining about everything :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dracu

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
In the beginning they had a whole different attitude than now.
At the start of Alpha they said they wanted the best possible experience for low ping players over high ping players, ping normalization made sure that was wrong.
At the start of Alpha they turned speed up after the first days of testing, now we are far below the start point.
Weapon damage and weapon swing speed is lower now than at the start.
Combat in general is easier now than at the start.
At the start their whole attitude was toward skill, now its not.

It took months for things to change in the wrong direction, but we all saw it was due to certain players whining and complaining. A year later we are closer to MO than MO2 gameplay wise. Everything has kinda warped back to the result MO became in the same way MO developed the way that turned out.

Sadly I have been here for both development cycles and its scary how alike they are while the development team try their best to refuse it is so. Both times due to player influence.

Funny how history repeats itself...
Sadly unless they open regional servers they are gonna have to keep this ping normalization crap and dumbed down combat or 60%+ of population wont be able to play

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Sadly unless they open regional servers they are gonna have to keep this ping normalization crap and dumbed down combat or 60%+ of population wont be able to play
True but coupled with faster combat all around I think the overall result would be pretty good.

Reactions: Teknique

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
You can't have both.

Better/Faster Combat.
or
Fair gameplay for a Global Market.

Choose one.
Have not tried faster combat since ping normalization, unless its tried we will not know how high it can be turned up and still be fine.

But who are you trying to fool by thinking its fair gameplay for a global market ?
It will literally never be fair gameplay for a global market, technology dont allow everyone to receive and send equally fast. Same as human reaction times will never be equally fast.

Sacrificing for no gain is pointless, we have ping norm which gave all low pingers doubble ping. Now we can turn up speed and still be at the same level as now.

Reactions: Teknique

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
since MO1 there was this idea lurking around in the forums: different MO continents= different regional servers.

like if you play in Myriland you are in the eu server, if you move to Sarducaa your char is tranferred to the US/oceania server etc etc

:D

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
since MO1 there was this idea lurking around in the forums: different MO continents= different regional servers.

like if you play in Myriland you are in the eu server, if you move to Sarducaa your char is tranferred to the US/oceania server etc etc

:D
Could probably split Myrland up into several regions now awell, considering how large it has become :D .

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Has this been fixed/planned to be fixed yet?
Was the biggest issue in mo1 in my opinion.
Being able to have packet loss and hit ppl aka ccguardian fisting ppl from miles/insta swings.. or that guy in bakti that would perform 100 headshots from baktigates when you were at NTC keep.. ( inb4 he was a good archer, u cant shoot someone in the head out of render distance like that ;) )
( you are standing still on their screen/ moving a bit / standing still again so they can hit you 20 times before the game can update enough on their side)

One time i had so bad packet loss i hit a guildie with a torch for like 5 minutes when i got the "lag"
He died 5times and kept ressing but damage kept catching up even tho it was 5minutes later.

For most ppl its bad to get the random packet loss and ull freeze up somewhere and get zerged.
But for the ppl that "live" with the lagg they play around it and it becomes better than cheating ffs.

Just make the game kick at a certain amount of loss.

I know a handfull of long term players that quit after similar shit, cuz it was the final straw for them.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The netcode works really well this time, especiaaly the prediction system. I have never seen someone lagging like this and i tested this with someone from australia for over 2 h. I did not see him teleporting, and he did not see me teleporting aswell. He could even block 80 % of my counter attacks, becuase he learned to watch the arms movement. This guy in the Video must have had a 1000+ ping and the guy recording must have had lag aswell. Maybe he downloaded something, or some kind of serverlag. The game must recognize a unusual high pings and kick those players to the log in screen and i think SV will do that. The netcode is better as in MO1. I joined several teamfights and never seen someone lagging as in MO1 or like this guy. Rhias recorded the event.

The guy in the Video is not 0.3 seconds behind like someone with a 300 Ping but at least a full second.

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
I joined several teamfights and never seen someone lagging as in MO1 or like this guy.

You'll start to see that lag when players actually have something on the line. There is no threshold or magic code bandaid you can slap on a game to fix this issue. It will always be this way unless the server is the ultimate authority. Though the game would be unplayable for anyone outside of EU.