Steam reviews. Mostly negative.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Steam recent reviews slipped into mostly negative (39%). Not good. Most complains are about getting stuck in the endless queue and not being able to play at all. Is there stilll no eta on additional servers?

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
Hard to come back from this. It's the consequence for sizing the Myrland map 4x as large as MO1 without increasing server capacity. Could have launched with a regular-sized Myrland and an extra persistent continent to spread the load...but hindsight is 20/20. This game is in deep trouble.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
All i see on Discord is Henrik saying “ a few more days” a few days ago…..

and then “ a little more time”, some time ago….

so as far as i can tell, Henrik is doing what he does best. Make stuff up. Is there really no one in this company that has a plan?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020

so as far as i can tell, Henrik is doing what he does best. Make stuff up. Is there really no one in this company that has a plan?

There's a difference between having a plan and being able to execute on it. Ironically they have done a pretty good job of hitting their dev roadmap deadlines, but I think those are much easier to scope.

The reality is they don't know what the upper limit of their network code can handle until they hit it, which is not a great place to be.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Steam recent reviews slipped into mostly negative (39%). Not good. Most complains are about getting stuck in the endless queue and not being able to play at all. Is there stilll no eta on additional servers?

The worst part is if you read the positive recent reviews they are all like "game is really good, but just has some queue issues, which will be fixed pretty soon!" So, basically the same thing with a positive spin lool.

Hard to come back from this. It's the consequence for sizing the Myrland map 4x as large as MO1 without increasing server capacity. Could have launched with a regular-sized Myrland and an extra persistent continent to spread the load...but hindsight is 20/20. This game is in deep trouble.

They just need some creative thinking. They need to make some power moves. They are on a bad track, but this is the time to take some risks. If they stay in wishy washy land the game is gonna continue to be trash(ed.) They need to basically come out with some announcement that turns everyone's heads. It will be the first time people are like OOO DAZ GOOD since release day. So yea, two weeks of fail will put any game on a bad track. I honestly ( as a person who can be as pessimistic as I can be optimistic) don't see any roadblocks to keeping them from making it into a good game, but it's gonna require work and probably some outside of the box thinking.

Like I said, it's sad... steam people "Sub? That's DOA!" Me: No... "Full loot pvp that's DOA!" "No NA Servers!" and in the end... through no fault of these things, the game is teetering on DOA haha.

The thing you have to understand is it's prol gonna be hard to do stuff like change the size of map at this point. So, it's gonna require thoughtful design within the groundwork they already laid. They have to have SOME ideas, you'd think, otherwise RIP.

Reactions: Hooves

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
The worst part is if you read the positive recent reviews they are all like "game is really good, but just has some queue issues, which will be fixed pretty soon!" So, basically the same thing with a positive spin lool.
Wow you are saying opinions are subjective? say it aint so!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Wow you are saying opinions are subjective? say it aint so!

Haha, it's make catty remarks to me day! No, I am saying that people are ALL perceiving the same problem, some are just coping with it. That's actually very bad. That means everyone is aware with and agrees they have a problem that hasn't be fixed (altho instances are a nice aside,) but some people are more hopeful than others that it can be. If it ever becomes more apparent that they aren't going to make leeway in fixing this 'problem' (which IMO they aren't going to be able to fix... so they gotta find a different way to go about things,) those positive reviews are going to change as well.

Edit:

Will probably go up to at least mixed again after they fix the queue

See? As far as I know, they are no closer to fixing the queue than they ever were, tho. Time to leave all these kids who can only see things from one angle behind and brainstorm a way to get the game working, in any form, then see what happens. This is an important time. Instances will be fun for some of us who haven't been queue camping because WOW WE CAN PLAY THE GAME, but that's not gonna last for too long for the majority of the pop.

I really still see the best solution as create shard worlds that have their own character. Can still be one history per world, then add on continents to them. Beyond that, I dunno. I know nobody wants that solution, so it's a tough sell, but that's one of the only things I can think of at the moment. Whatever they do, it will probably be something the players do not initially want, but they are leaning way too hard on this idea that they are going to be able to 'make things as they wanted them to be,' and it's IMO wasting time and just stretching out their demise.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Haha, it's make catty remarks to me day! No, I am saying that people are ALL perceiving the same problem, some are just coping with it. That's actually very bad. That means everyone is aware with and agrees they have a problem that hasn't be fixed (altho instances are a nice aside,) but some people are more hopeful than others that it can be. If it ever becomes more apparent that they aren't going to make leeway in fixing this 'problem' (which IMO they aren't going to be able to fix... so they gotta find a different way to go about things,) those positive reviews are going to change as well.
Dont let it get to you, we are all agitated due to MO2s failure. The que changes you Im telling you!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dont let it get to you, we are all agitated due to MO2s failure. The que changes you Im telling you!

The queue isn't changing, however. lol. I'm over the Queue, and people coming at me hard on forums is normal, so I don't care about that, either. Was just pointing it out.

It's time to move on, tho. (Tom Petty!!) Stop wasting resources trying to fix something that can't be fixed. They could probably redesign the whole map to scale with sharding with all the time they have poured into trying to fix this square peg/round hole issue of the 1 server game.

It's just really sad TO ME to see MO fail due to inability to adjust to success. It's like your local steakhouse suddenly becomes the most popular place and they just keep things as they are saying "don't worry!" They are still serving at capacity, but the rest of the people, the endless opportunities that are sitting outside are all going to end up elsewhere. More people is good. People forget that an MO world with 3k people is WAY MORE THAN WE EVER HAD in MO1. lol. Just gotta adjust things, somehow.

But it was V V V poor planning; there's no way they could have not seen this coming, that at least 10-15k people would be wanting to play on release, minimum.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
there's no way they could have not seen this coming, that at least 10-15k people would be wanting to play on release, minimum.
You basing that on the amount of players in beta or MO1?
bought copies is not an indicator that people will show up. SotA sold about 100k copies before release and they struggled to get 1k players. I own a bunch of games I've never played.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You basing that on the amount of players in beta or MO1?
bought copies is not an indicator that people will show up. SotA sold about 100k copies before release and they struggled to get 1k players. I own a bunch of games I've never played.

tbh I'm thru spelling shit out today, sorry lol.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

I think you’re being a little hard on him. Expecting an instance system in a matter of days. I’m sure you’d be the first to cry if it was buggy and there were dupes and shit. Obviously this launch sucked but you criticizing sv for not being able to produce this patch quick enough for your liking is pretty entitled.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I think you’re being a little hard on him. Expecting an instance system in a matter of days. I’m sure you’d be the first to cry if it was buggy and there were dupes and shit. Obviously this launch sucked but you criticizing sv for not being able to produce this patch quick enough for your liking is pretty entitled.

I asked for a concrete plan with estimated date of completion, not immediate results. Something that shows some professionalism, some transparency and competency. I never asked for it to be finished now, i just asked when is it going to be fixed.

Henrik said days, not me. He also left it very vague as to how many days. All i did was call him out on not having a clue and making shit up. The house is on fire and Henrik is promising rain…..”soon”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chiffa and Balinor