Steam Deck

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Will the Steam Deck run MO2? Sorry if this been asked before.

I am curious to see how well it runs on the deck. I foresee great distractions at work..
this is a very cool question honestly. i do not know if its been asked and dont know if it will work. would be pretty awesome if it did

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Will the Steam Deck run MO2? Sorry if this been asked before.

I am curious to see how well it runs on the deck. I foresee great distractions at work..
Not sure if this thread implies an answer to that question:

Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
this is a very cool question honestly. i do not know if its been asked and dont know if it will work. would be pretty awesome if it did

Would love a dev response to this. Who to tag? I mean..the SD runs like a PC on a form of linux. It also arguably slightly outperforms the PS4. I dont see why it wouldnt run on performance settings but there may be some native software dilemmas that prevent it..like UI scaling, and 720p CAP

Last edited:

Sebrus

Oct 18, 2021
Hello there! This is my old thread where I was asking during the beta.

So good news, I currently play MO2 on my Ubuntu and it's working perfectly right out of the box!

Playing in 4k resolution with max settings and using DirectX 11.

And of course, Tencent / Xi Jinping can't gather my datas. ;-)

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

So good news, I currently play MO2 on my Ubuntu and it's working perfectly right out of the box!

Yes but..thats not the same hardware as a steam deck

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Only if they get easy anti cheat working. It will certainly work on steamdeck with Geforce now or if you install windows on it. You will need to attach mouse + keyboard.

ronnybonny

May 15, 2022

how you do it? for steam deck game doesn't work

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
I am currently playing on the steam deck in 4:3 aspect ratio with acceptable FPS, if there are not too many players in the cities at least.
But even then its still playable! I have some of my settings on low (shadows, AA) and some others on medium (effects, post processing, textures).
All on lower res with FSR enabled. Graphics are good on the small screen and still OK on my bigger 24 inch screen. There is of course the option to play in more reasonable aspect ratios like 16:10 or 16:9, but then either the FPS go way too low or it doesnt look acceptable anymore.

Overall gameplay, harvesting, PVEing, crafting, smaller scale PVP etc. is good but I don't think mass battles will be a competitive thing on the deck : )

Easy anti cheat installed automatically and it all worked out of the box using Proton experimental, even if this game is not officially supported.

Yeonan

Nov 28, 2020
I am currently playing on the steam deck in 4:3 aspect ratio with acceptable FPS, if there are not too many players in the cities at least.
But even then its still playable! I have some of my settings on low (shadows, AA) and some others on medium (effects, post processing, textures).
All on lower res with FSR enabled. Graphics are good on the small screen and still OK on my bigger 24 inch screen. There is of course the option to play in more reasonable aspect ratios like 16:10 or 16:9, but then either the FPS go way too low or it doesnt look acceptable anymore.

Overall gameplay, harvesting, PVEing, crafting, smaller scale PVP etc. is good but I don't think mass battles will be a competitive thing on the deck : )

Easy anti cheat installed automatically and it all worked out of the box using Proton experimental, even if this game is not officially supported.

Is there a way to map the controls to a controller through steam? Assuming you are using the steam deck controller...

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Is there a way to map the controls to a controller through steam? Assuming you are using the steam deck controller...
Yes, mapping could be done via steam controller settings menu. You can map every keyboard and mouse button to the various buttons, sticks and touchpads of the deck. Right now I am using mouse and keyboard, just tried it once in handheld mode.

Edit: Here a link to a video on reddit, showing some short gameplay footage using the steam deck controls (not uploaded by me)
https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/wnxmt7

Last edited:

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I play on my Steam deck when I do a bit of testing and on live. It works fine in direct x 11 mode.
The team has a few Steam Decks and we would like to get verified, but at this time it is not a focus.
When I play on steam deck I use a keyboard and mouse. So I haven't played with a community or "controller" set up