Safety in Cities and Housing Interference with GMs

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I mite make a visit the guards vid and go around and show some of the places guards are perma posted. OP guards.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Killing guards in towns is completely fine. BUT the issues most of the people fail to see is the AI are stupid. They dont path through water, they ignore terrain and basically chase in a straight line towards the target. The constant complaints about Meduli guards or how the GMs spawned guards in Morin Khur are from people who dont understand or refuse to understand that the AI guards are bugged.

The guards were needed at Meduli, the graveyard is to close to meduli which is a separate issue and the REAL issue. The biggest issue with Meduli is they have no walls, every other guarded town in Mortal Online 2 has a wall of some kind around it. Making it difficult to shoot into town... Meduli is also the ONLY town that has its guardzone right up to the water, meaning you can shoot into town well within the guard aggro range and still not get attacked by guards. Because the AI doesnt know how to react to water. Which is a huge issue overall.

SV is adding more mobs to the game, most importantly water lizards... which are by name water born creatures but they wont be able to swim.

In MO1 we had several animals that could swim and attack, bears, crocodiles, water lizards are a few that come to mind.
The no walls excuse is pitifull as fuck, i can kill horses inside town in vadda, and mohki, for example. Just like in MO1, when the game wasnt ment to afk in the open field, in MO1 in batki for example you would have to hide if afk cuz any random could grab a bow and start shotting from the mountains, you call that griefing i call that CONTENT, for the aggressor and the victim, thats how 80% of batki fights criminals vs militia used to start.

Now people is hiding inside town, fishing, mining, killing creatures and houses safe with guards that cannot be parried and 2 arrow any player character in the game.

You can't really shoot from the water, You could but it's would be really difficult to aim anything, and if someone is managing to actually shot arrows without guards noticing should be encouraged. And i know this because i've griefed a lot in meduli since BETA and i can tell you shit because i actually know about and lived it.
You guys have your head so deep your ass you want npcs everywhere controlling player behavior, funny meduli used to have way more people when griefing was stronger.

Now theres 3 koto dueling safe inside town 24/7 and the rest of the players uninstalled. But hey i guess noobs need guards protecting them right?

Idk whos the poor simpleton fuck that thought adding guards would be smart, i can live with you guys being unable to argument anything but starvault shouldnt have to be so careless.

Hodo, you talk like a bigshot but everything you say is poop man, theres just a handfull of times i've seen you say something coherent and you say a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

manure

May 7, 2022
Idk whos the poor simpleton fuck that thought adding guards would be smart, i can live with you guys being unable to argument anything but starvault shouldnt have to be so careless.

Makes me wonder all the time as well !
Who was this stupid designer that had this imbecile idea... This person wasnt from the original Team. That cant be.
How come some game designer think that adding an enormous ammount of guards everywhere, even outside towns, in a full loot MMO would be a good decision ?

No way someone like that was among the creators of MO2.

They must have hired some new people in April. Thats the only explanation to have rotten this game so much since then.

Please, Devs, give us back what we had in February, at least.
We wont even ask for more content... Just give us back what we had in february.

Reactions: Bicorps

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Makes me wonder all the time as well !
Who was this stupid designer that had this imbecile idea... This person wasnt from the original Team. That cant be.
How come some game designer think that adding an enormous ammount of guards everywhere, even outside towns, in a full loot MMO would be a good decision ?

No way someone like that was among the creators of MO2.

They must have hired some new people in April. Thats the only explanation to have rotten this game so much since then.

Please, Devs, give us back what we had in February, at least.
We wont even ask for more content... Just give us back what we had in february.
Look it doesn't matter whos the simpleton who suggests that shit. And SV allways had a very strong "no-rollback" policy regarding "content" so i bet they won't be taking any guards off, at least not now, that would require for them to realize and take the blame for poor design. Idk if its an ego issuee or just the negligence policy.
What you could do is present a case why guards are a terrible addition according to you, as sincerely as possible. That would have more feedback value than demanding them to remove stupid guards which they won't do and im talking from experience, be ready to accept way more stupid changes or it will break your will to play, that happened to thousands of people in MO1 and its happening now.

But i do see a discrepancy, between what @Robmo publishes in the name of SV and the actual content released. I mean SV can have really good intentions and say wonderfull things like Henrique often does in streams, but delivering with content is a completly different thing.
I don't want SV telling me "cities shouldn't be 100% safe" then adding more guards outside towns, guards that cannot be parried and 2 arrow kills on 200hp player characters.

It does not add up, do they really think we are that stupid? Find it offensive.

manure

May 7, 2022
What you could do is present a case why guards are a terrible addition according to you, as sincerely as possible. That would have more feedback value than demanding them to remove stupid guards which they won't do and im talking from experience, be ready to accept way more stupid changes or it will break your will to play, that happened to thousands of people in MO1 and its happening now.

Well, yes. I actually have posted cases and explained how terrible it is to have guards outside towns.
I may remind you about 4 examples that Ive already written in the past on these forums :

1 - I talked about immersion... When they added guards to protect the Graveyard in Meduli... That was so pathetic... Why dont the guards kill the zombies then ? A bunch of lictor guards patrolling around the cemetery and they arent capable of killing a zombie ? On the other hand, try going gray inside the graveyard... you will be insta killed by 4 lictor guards. Way to kill immersion

2 - How is it fun if you re fighting someone FAR AWAY from town, on the road, near player houses, and suddenly you are killed by ultra strong lictor guards ? There goes another case why guards cant be outside town.

3 - I also commented about necromancy... What if a guy decides to raise his necromancy skill by raising undeads from carcasses, and then he decides to train outside town, inside the graveyard... When he summons the undead, the GUARDS will insta kill him for going criminal.

4 - So, you are chasing someone in the mountain (I said in the mountain, super far from town), near Toxai... and suddenly you notice there is a guard killing you in the middle of nowhere !! How is that any fun ?

By the way, let me make a quick observation here : Have any of you guys ever walked around Toxai beach ? Jesus...Im not kidding... There are more guards over there than grains of sand in the beach !

I understand when you say there might be an ego issue, that wont let them confess they screwed up, therefore they wont erase the guards...
But, I cant stop protesting about it because I know the game has so much potential, and its so easy to fix this stuff...
I will always fight for no overprotection to players.

Still hope they will remove the excessive ammount of guards.

You also tell me to expect and be ready for more stupid changes in the game...but honestly, what can be more stupid than adding guards outside towns ?
Nah... I think we already hit the botton. Nothing is worse than thousands of guards everywhere. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Come on, ExiledKhallisi... I must insist...

The Devs should never help players by adding guards or making ultra powerful guards for them.

Just like you said, people research the game. They come in knowing it is a full loot game. They KNOW they will eventually die and lose stuff and are OK with that, or wouldnt even come.

Now, when you are NEW, you re going to be griefed sometime in a game like this. Its obvious. Its 100% granted that someone will grief you sometime.
But, you will LEARN. And once you learn you will not make the same mistake !
You dont need Devs doing "justice" for you !

if you are new, and go to a Graveyard for example, and get killed, you will gain experience. Next time you wont behave as before, you will scout the area next time...maybe wear something better...or, if its clear that you have no chance to compete yet, you will MOVE AWAY to another city, or just do something else until the griefers leave the area !

How come its so hard ?

Players do not need baby sitters !

The best players out there are exactly those who got griefed in all possible ways and pvped with the most dangerous PKs during a long time. They got EXPERIENCE ! They earned it.

Now, take for example a player who has 100% of protection while farming, then 100% safety while mining, and then 100% safety inside towns... This guy is gonna be ultra rich, and, yet, will be a complete NEWBIE who thinks he rocks.
And this rich newbie will obviously cry everytime he dies outside and loses his stuff, probably gonna quit the game at his first big loss.
This kind of player does not deserve anything valuable he wears. And all thanks to the stupid Devs, that filled the game with guards.

Safe areas and ultra powerful guards everywhere is BAD for the game.
You mean juat like the shitters do? Will brag in town about how many pansar and steel sets they have looted in their bank but when u kill them they only drop molarium or arthropod... shitter gear fear is hilarious.

Farming zombies for gold or clade is abysmal.. its a huge waste of time if you have even an ounce of in game knowledge about other farming methods, taur dogs, cougars, fishing, bandits, sators, risars etc.

Mining seburra in guard range at meduli or mining granum INSIDE tindrem (commonly done but dont hear crying over this) is not really the fastest money maker and id argue even not really different than mining at ones own keep or secluded house/sH.... my miner alt pretty much mines non stop...forever, on the side of a mountain.. the time/risk reward is much more valuable crushing and mining remotely especially near calx. My miners been ganked once since launch.

These realities paint a clear picture... that the issue really isnt the mining or the graveyard camping... its that you want easy kills.

Reactions: Yushi

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
You allways jump on the first train you see, you keep repeating that dumb shit but you are unable to argument it, for you It's just the way it Is, the way thats said in koto and Artisan discords. Think on your own for once.
This Is what the game needs, people quit because of this. Give some real arguments besides inherited speech.
Your kind of people are so hatefull and narrow minded that can't talk about balance without pushing for your dumbass gameplay.

Koto Is full of stupid people and noobs they are easy to kill when the nest Is sleeping, instead of the vets teaching noobs to survive and understand the game they teach em to suicide to report, they teach em to mass report and they don't teach em to play individually, thats why everytime one of the drones is away from the collective is probable to die drowned or fall to death on it's own.

But enough with koto, they just another noob zergling guild.

People that can't even stablish a proper argument shouldnt even be allowed in this forums.O therwise we Will have stupid ass noobs saying shit like "the game needs more guards, hey look at me mining saburra protected, hey look at me calling guards on someone"

The cities configurations are total dog ass and won't be fixing shit with bandaid guards, we should be demanding proper fixes for the actual problematics instead of just adding guards to protect koto from themselves.
My god the quality of opinions in this forum is fucking ass.

Hateful? At no point did I make any sort of assertion on your persona. I voiced an opinion that differs than yours and made an argument that you didnt like and have a fubdamental dilemma with.

Then theres you;

"Your kind of people are so hatefull and narrow minded that can't talk about balance without pushing for your dumbass gameplay."

"Koto Is full of stupid people and noobs"

"My god the quality of opinions in this forum is fucking ass."

Hypocrisy is the word that comes to mind. It seems the hateful one, is you. Koto inGeneral could care less about the guards. They kill us just as often as they kill you. In fact, the first day the /guards command was in the guild dreadlords used it on us while we were hammering down their house by the gravyard.... lichtor telewiped half our group.

The real reason for the addition of the guard command and more guards is directly due to people like you. You like to preach that this kills gameplay and drives people to quit..do you know what drives more people to quit? What causes casuals (majority of every games playerbase) to uninstall? Being griefed all day every day some dont have the time to get killed all day long just for walking outside of town or farming in a noob area (the gravyard or base ore farming such as seburra or granum). People cant atand that toxic crap gameplay loop so they just leave.

The guards were added because of you, and your "kind" 's actions.

Reactions: Yushi

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yes guards need an aggro range. But I have found that they do have an aggro range. It depends on what you do though. If you are still in "visual" range of the guard they will continue to chase. If you shoot them or continue to shoot them they will follow. I tested this by getting one to chase me all the way out from Meduli to the bowman bandit camp.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
I like my reccomendation.

Remove all guards. But make flakestone/bone/arthropod shatter on/against higher tear gear.

A compromise.

😁

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

Its just "argue" not argument.

I can live with you guys being unable to argue anything.

Not "argument anything"

Just being grammar nazi because you have said this 3 times now lol.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Hateful? At no point did I make any sort of assertion on your persona. I voiced an opinion that differs than yours and made an argument that you didnt like and have a fubdamental dilemma with.

Then theres you;

"Your kind of people are so hatefull and narrow minded that can't talk about balance without pushing for your dumbass gameplay."

"Koto Is full of stupid people and noobs"

"My god the quality of opinions in this forum is fucking ass."

Hypocrisy is the word that comes to mind. It seems the hateful one, is you. Koto inGeneral could care less about the guards. They kill us just as often as they kill you. In fact, the first day the /guards command was in the guild dreadlords used it on us while we were hammering down their house by the gravyard.... lichtor telewiped half our group.

The real reason for the addition of the guard command and more guards is directly due to people like you. You like to preach that this kills gameplay and drives people to quit..do you know what drives more people to quit? What causes casuals (majority of every games playerbase) to uninstall? Being griefed all day every day some dont have the time to get killed all day long just for walking outside of town or farming in a noob area (the gravyard or base ore farming such as seburra or granum). People cant atand that toxic crap gameplay loop so they just leave.

The guards were added because of you, and your "kind" 's actions.
If i call you hatefull i'm not excluding myself, you could obviously feel that way and it wouldnt matter anyways.

You keep repeating the, "when they added guards they sent them after us" argument it's like saying you aint racist because you have mexican friends roflmao. It's your fault for fighting near town, which Is precisely what you are against of.

But you see clearly see the problematic of guards protecting houses since you mentioned it yourself, defeats the whole concept of a house.

But you seem to want more guards.

You have a noob missguided vision of the game's problematics.
Players, casuals or not can opt for a massive map to farm anything they like and even specialize on it. You telling me that instead of promoting player exploration and the actual learning of the game's mechanics the development should just secure graveyards, rock nodes and houses for noobs to play safe?

When graveyard farming Is the worst bullshit a noob could access, the worst lowest tier most unrewarding content in the game. Graveyards should be ment for a "quick get me a horse and bag" cash, not for noobs to spend their life in there and they shouldn't be encouraged to stay, them doing graveyard instead of playing the game seems a reason to quit.

If you wanna help noobs learn the game they need to get out of town hotspots and travel, theres nothing else. Understand the nature of cities is to polarize conflict in the immediate surroundings.
So the solution Is not to make cities more safe for noobs to farm in peace while protected by guards, the solution Is to make noobs go out and play.

Then death Is part of the game's experience, it can be frustrating but It's an essential part of the learning curve. One dies to understand, reach conclussions and not to repeat the same mistakes, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you die It's part of the lottery ticket.

Ill give u an example, when batki crusher was out of the sight of guards extractors were doing it in groups, getting guild support to back em up and being carefull when extracting, at least paying attention to horse hp or weird magical noises.
All that after we continously murdered horses and stole massive amounts of extracted materials, i know you despise this gameplay and we are all psychos blablabla.

But back then people was invested in the game, paying attention, getting guild support, securing roads.
They added guards and extractors can watch movies now.

You get the drill? Theres learning curve issues and theres killing player behavior.

Im good with balancing certain scenarios, like robmo said in the name of SV "TOWNS SHOULDNT BE 100% SAFE".

You blame all the game issues to murderers that don't let noobs progress, i believe you are wrong. I believe It's a matter of the absence of quality of life features, meaningfull pve content, learning curve being shit for noobs, a law and a system designed to cripple player interaction and other things.

I've already given my arguments in many circunstances and you keep presenting the same reductive approach on the game's problematics.

Then if you really wanna understand what makes people upset to quit, start making yourself questions about the game design instead of blaming player interaction, which Is the most valuable asset the game has.

I get you are in koto but theres a whole world oustide meduli and town duels.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
If i call you hatefull i'm not excluding myself, you could obviously feel that way and it wouldnt matter anyways.

You keep repeating the, "when they added guards they sent them after us" argument it's like saying you aint racist because you have mexican friends roflmao. It's your fault for fighting near town, which Is precisely what you are against of.

But you see clearly see the problematic of guards protecting houses since you mentioned it yourself, defeats the whole concept of a house.

But you seem to want more guards.

You have a noob missguided vision of the game's problematics.
Players, casuals or not can opt for a massive map to farm anything they like and even specialize on it. You telling me that instead of promoting player exploration and the actual learning of the game's mechanics the development should just secure graveyards, rock nodes and houses for noobs to play safe?

When graveyard farming Is the worst bullshit a noob could access, the worst lowest tier most unrewarding content in the game. Graveyards should be ment for a "quick get me a horse and bag" cash, not for noobs to spend their life in there and they shouldn't be encouraged to stay, them doing graveyard instead of playing the game seems a reason to quit.

If you wanna help noobs learn the game they need to get out of town hotspots and travel, theres nothing else. Understand the nature of cities is to polarize conflict in the immediate surroundings.
So the solution Is not to make cities more safe for noobs to farm in peace while protected by guards, the solution Is to make noobs go out and play.

Then death Is part of the game's experience, it can be frustrating but It's an essential part of the learning curve. One dies to understand, reach conclussions and not to repeat the same mistakes, sometimes you get away with it and sometimes you die It's part of the lottery ticket.

Ill give u an example, when batki crusher was out of the sight of guards extractors were doing it in groups, getting guild support to back em up and being carefull when extracting, at least paying attention to horse hp or weird magical noises.
All that after we continously murdered horses and stole massive amounts of extracted materials, i know you despise this gameplay and we are all psychos blablabla.

But back then people was invested in the game, paying attention, getting guild support, securing roads.
They added guards and extractors can watch movies now.

You get the drill? Theres learning curve issues and theres killing player behavior.

Im good with balancing certain scenarios, like robmo said in the name of SV "TOWNS SHOULDNT BE 100% SAFE".

You blame all the game issues to murderers that don't let noobs progress, i believe you are wrong. I believe It's a matter of the absence of quality of life features, meaningfull pve content, learning curve being shit for noobs, a law and a system designed to cripple player interaction and other things.

I've already given my arguments in many circunstances and you keep presenting the same reductive approach on the game's problematics.

Then if you really wanna understand what makes people upset to quit, start making yourself questions about the game design instead of blaming player interaction, which Is the most valuable asset the game has.

I get you are in koto but theres a whole world oustide meduli and town duels.
The only people who have houses right outside meduli are shitters.koto own pikhuls hull... outside guard range.

Reverse logic here for you man.. if you want actual pvp... leave towns and stop killing people right outside cities.

You keep regurgitating the same crap for the last 4 months..

You are the loud minority.

Reactions: Yushi and Hodo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The no walls excuse is pitifull as fuck, i can kill horses inside town in vadda, and mohki, for example. Just like in MO1, when the game wasnt ment to afk in the open field, in MO1 in batki for example you would have to hide if afk cuz any random could grab a bow and start shotting from the mountains, you call that griefing i call that CONTENT, for the aggressor and the victim, thats how 80% of batki fights criminals vs militia used to start.

Now people is hiding inside town, fishing, mining, killing creatures and houses safe with guards that cannot be parried and 2 arrow any player character in the game.

You can't really shoot from the water, You could but it's would be really difficult to aim anything, and if someone is managing to actually shot arrows without guards noticing should be encouraged. And i know this because i've griefed a lot in meduli since BETA and i can tell you shit because i actually know about and lived it.
You guys have your head so deep your ass you want npcs everywhere controlling player behavior, funny meduli used to have way more people when griefing was stronger.

Now theres 3 koto dueling safe inside town 24/7 and the rest of the players uninstalled. But hey i guess noobs need guards protecting them right?

Hodo, you talk like a bigshot but everything you say is poop man, theres just a handfull of times i've seen you say something coherent and you say a lot.

MeDuLlI HaS No WaLlS. Fab does, still can kill horses in fab over the walls.

It was only a excuse. The real reason is the militia in meduli was having issues PvPing people outside of town.

• Haha

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The only people who have houses right outside meduli are shitters.koto own pikhuls hull... outside guard range.

Reverse logic here for you man.. if you want actual pvp... leave towns and stop killing people right outside cities.

what a toxic little man

• Haha

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

MeDuLlI HaS No WaLlS. Fab does, still can kill horses in fab over the walls.

It was only a excuse. The real reason is the militia in meduli was having issues PvPing people outside of town.

You can stand in south sands area S of meduli and kill horses at the south bank all day.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Never said theres koto houses there, you are the noob ones fighting at meduli houses and thats why u get guard wacked.
Me? Im a respected citizen of Myrland.

Its just "argue" not argument.

I can live with you guys being unable to argue anything.

Not "argument anything"

Just being grammar nazi because you have said this 3 times now lol.
Thanks, since i know multiple languages i often mix them a little bit, but yes argue Is the verb.

Last edited:

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Never said theres koto houses there, you are the noob ones fighting at meduli houses and thats why u get guard wacked.
Me? Im a respected citizen of Myrland.

Thanks, since i know multiple languages i often mix them a little bit, but yes argue Is the verb.

Bro....we fight shitters just outside of town when we are bored lol... most of us throw on disposable/training gear or half used steel/pansar sets to go out and just dink around. The best part, when they get one orntwo of us every now and then thry think they actually did something. 🤣

Dont get me wrong here, i think rpk is part of the game. I just think town killing or just shooting at everything that enters/leaves town is trash gameplay. Most shitters dont actually want fair pvp.. they just want advantageous pvp.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Bro....we fight shitters just outside of town when we are bored lol... most of us throw on disposable/training gear or half used steel/pansar sets to go out and just dink around. The best part, when they get one orntwo of us every now and then thry think they actually did something. 🤣

Dont get me wrong here, i think rpk is part of the game. I just think town killing or just shooting at everything that enters/leaves town is trash gameplay. Most shitters dont actually want fair pvp.. they just want advantageous pvp.

Its part of the competitive nature of the game, otherwise it would have toggle or instanced PVP, but its not the case. Whats so hard to understand about it.

The number of people who want a balanced MMORPG >>>> twitchy gankers (loud complainers) who want to attack anyone anywhere

Dont you have a keep to buy and lose?

Last edited: