Safety in Cities and Housing Interference with GMs

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Safety In Cities

MO2 is a sandbox game. Sandboxes can allow for different types of creativity or experiences. The Developers try to give the players tools to play with within that toolbox. This includes the crime system and guards. Cities are meant to be safe, but not completely safe. The guards are killable for a reason. Certain areas of certain towns may be safer than others. In Mortal Online 2 there is always some risk. Towns reduces these risks.

The developers are looking to improve the safety of certain areas or NPCs which makes sense. These will be coming in future updates. It is not the current intention of the team to simply multiply guards. Due to the sandbox nature, we recommend players plot out safe routes before attempting to move high value/quantity of items. In the meantime, GMs may place guards next to high value NPCs, locations in cities manually until a solution is created patch side.

GM Interference with Housing Deletion

Game Masters are not involved with the deletion or transferring of houses, Strongholds or Keeps. We have discussed this internally and agreed to keep this policy in place. Henrik and the team recognize that without the feature to transfer or delete your house in game has created some feedback from players. After the Necromancy patch, there is plans to address the housing experience.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Don't improve the safety of anywhere. It's fine. It's too safe as is. Need more un-safety. Need people fighting in towns and then maybe guards going after them once they find out or are called, then people would still have the chance to get away. That's working as intended IMO. I don't think the guard system is meant to instawack people. It does create a problem for people at crafting tables and banks, but not really.

There should still be guards there. There should be more pathing guards, in complex patterns so that you could ostensibly plan to get someone at a time guard paths were optimal, and then stationed guards at various spots. I could see two guards at bank, two guards at crafting tables. There shouldn't be a guard standing by every NPC haha. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS.

Reactions: Bicorps and Tzone

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Don't improve the safety of anywhere. It's fine. It's too safe as is. Need more un-safety. Need people fighting in towns and then maybe guards going after them once they find out or are called, then people would still have the chance to get away. That's working as intended IMO. I don't think the guard system is meant to instawack people. It does create a problem for people at crafting tables and banks, but not really.

There should still be guards there. There should be more pathing guards, in complex patterns so that you could ostensibly plan to get someone at a time guard paths were optimal, and then stationed guards at various spots. I could see two guards at bank, two guards at crafting tables. There shouldn't be a guard standing by every NPC haha. IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS.
They are working on guards with pathing, there is the intention to have paths or areas less safe

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They are working on guards with pathing, there is the intention to have paths or areas less safe

No doubt. I'm just saying opposed to MO1, this game is crazy safe. The appliances are closer and have guards at them. There are plenty of places... I mean people could ride their horse thru town in old Bakti and MC you at the bank. That stuff isn't all bad. Guards are there to make sure the home team wins IN THE END imo. They shouldn't be suppressing as much stuff. Again IMO. All just random stuff I believe.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I have had no issues with guards in gk working or not working when I go to charge or ID my trinkets.

I know from experince that a reason people are able to camp bridge and skaffles in mk as a example is because the militia cant go grey and kill the campers. Pretty much protected by the guards indirectly.

Go to kill the group, get rep lost and mc because you hit the wrong dude or needed to kill the mage which was still blue.

A years worth of doubling down with guards has not work, why do you think 50ths time the charm.

I have estensivle guard zone pvp experince as the bandit. At least 100 hours of just pvping at GZs out of the couple thosands Ive played the game. Dont do it much any more. Only thing that fixes it is being zerged down by a militia, but they are too scared to go grey and lose guard protection or get rep lossesed. Some kids quit because of going grey while part of the militia and guards saw him so he got locked out of town.

manure

May 7, 2022
Safety In Cities

MO2 is a sandbox game. Sandboxes can allow for different types of creativity or experiences. The Developers try to give the players tools to play with within that toolbox. This includes the crime system and guards. Cities are meant to be safe, but not completely safe. The guards are killable for a reason. Certain areas of certain towns may be safer than others. In Mortal Online 2 there is always some risk. Towns reduces these risks.

The developers are looking to improve the safety of certain areas or NPCs which makes sense. These will be coming in future updates. It is not the current intention of the team to simply multiply guards. Due to the sandbox nature, we recommend players plot out safe routes before attempting to move high value/quantity of items. In the meantime, GMs may place guards next to high value NPCs, locations in cities manually until a solution is created patch side.

Robmo, thanks for the update on this matter.
Im pleased to know that at least the Team is discussing about guards in this game.

Im very confident because : It is IMPOSSIBLE to make any change that is gonna be worse than how it is today !

We have a very monotonous game nowadays due to this excessive number of guards everywhere. Its like there is a guard at every corner on the streets... I think it would take 10 days for someone to be able to count the exact number of guards we have inside Tindrem, for example... My bet is 2800 guards.

Add to that the fact there are guards roaming outside many towns...The most horrific cases are in Meduli and Toxai. You can be guard whacked super far away from town limits...its beyond pathetic.

I will pray for the Devs to wake up and give us back the good exciting and DANGEROUS game we all enjoyed back then.

Please remove the excessive guards and make it so that they NEVER EVER leave town limits !

Reactions: Bicorps

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No doubt. I'm just saying opposed to MO1, this game is crazy safe. The appliances are closer and have guards at them. There are plenty of places... I mean people could ride their horse thru town in old Bakti and MC you at the bank. That stuff isn't all bad. Guards are there to make sure the home team wins IN THE END imo. They shouldn't be suppressing as much stuff. Again IMO. All just random stuff I believe.
Exacly, the highest example of shitty balance was removing parry guard capacity, that doesn't say "cities shouldn't be completly safe" specially when theres presendent of GMs interfering with criminals that manage to bypass guard sight inside towns.

Last edited:
D

Dracu

What is ment with... Killable guards? Like... Are lictors ment to be killed? Like at some areas where like 3 lictors are next to each other... Are you saying this is intendet to be beatable? If yes its a shit execution. Cause the amount of ppl required to beat 3 lictors and the gazillion guards and their respawn that interferes with it... In no god damn way guards in cities are intendet to be killed. Maybe the normal guards but not elite and lictors.... They used to be beatable... Fun times when fab was raidable... It was amazing... But then fun detected, fun removed... Guards are not ment to be killed, atleast elite and lictor. Screw off SV removed that you can parry guards? Ridiculous

And in case you guys wonder... Lictors...do not...drop ANYTHiNG... Like all guards drop silver, but lictors... The hardest mob in game... Does NOT drop anything. No way its intendet to be killed.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
What is ment with... Killable guards? Like... Are lictors ment to be killed? Like at some areas where like 3 lictors are next to each other... Are you saying this is intendet to be beatable? If yes its a shit execution. Cause the amount of ppl required to beat 3 lictors and the gazillion guards and their respawn that interferes with it... In no god damn way guards in cities are intendet to be killed. Maybe the normal guards but not elite and lictors.... They used to be beatable... Fun times when fab was raidable... It was amazing... But then fun detected, fun removed... Guards are not ment to be killed, atleast elite and lictor. Screw off

And in case you guys wonder... Lictors...do not...drop ANYTHiNG... Like all guards drop silver, but lictors... The hardest mob in game... Does NOT drop anything. No way its intendet to be killed.
Lictors are a bit different. I assume

D

Dracu

Lictors are a bit different. I assume
I guess? Idk what thought went behind their design or their implementation. Its seems extremly placeholderish... They drop nothing, teleport, unparryable, hit like tanks, hpsponges... Yeah i dont think these are ment to be killed and have only been implemented and adjusted to guarantee safety at the areas where they were added. Lile when they were added to fab GY in the beginning.

But they are an integral part of guard zones and npc guard systems and rep yaddayadda.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah I mean not to completely troll derail this thread, but lol ( puts on the cloak of spokesperson for the community!) I do think a lot of people are outraged at the protection, on the other side of the fence. And no it's not because they wanna grief nubs all day (tho some do, no real solution to that problem... other than ban them or just let them be lol), but I mean stuff happens. People get caught slipping.

I, in some weird way, miss clutching my nuts at the grinder.

manure

May 7, 2022
Fun times when fab was raidable... It was amazing... But then fun detected, fun removed...

Thats exactly how I feel... They sort of detected what players enjoyed, and completely removed it...
Today we have a safe game, monotonous.

There are more guards in this game than animals, monsters and players together.
And if you type /guard, it brings even more teleporting guards. Ive never seen such a flood of guards in any game.

Way to screw the game...

Better change the name to Guards Online.

Come to Guards Online... Here you will find guards patrolling outside towns. You may also farm in peace at Graveyard because if anyone dares to attack you there, he will be insta guard whacked ! Yes...we protect our players, even when they go outside towns or decide to farm at a Graveyard. Yes, you wont be bothered by other players ! YOU ARE SAFE !
Wait, you dont wanna go out town nor farm at a Graveyard ? All you wanna do is to mine Saburra ? No problem,... We got you... you can also mine your saburra 100% safe outside town as well because we placed lictor guards to protect you.
Lollypop to all.

Reactions: Dracu

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022

Town fights are both aids and and immersion breaking by nature.

Pvp should happen outside of towns, away from guard unless it is a lawless town.

Thats exactly how I feel... They sort of detected what players enjoyed, and completely removed it...
Today we have a safe game, monotonous.

There are more guards in this game than animals, monsters and players together.
And if you type /guard, it brings even more teleporting guards. Ive never seen such a flood of guards in any game.

Way to screw the game...

Better change the name to Guards Online.

Come to Guards Online... Here you will find guards patrolling outside towns. You may also farm in peace at Graveyard because if anyone dares to attack you there, he will be insta guard whacked ! Yes...we protect our players, even when they go outside towns or decide to farm at a Graveyard. Yes, you wont be bothered by other players ! YOU ARE SAFE !
Wait, you dont wanna go out town nor farm at a Graveyard ? All you wanna do is to mine Saburra ? No problem,... We got you... you can also mine your saburra 100% safe outside town as well because we placed lictor guards to protect you.
Lollypop to all.

You and the perhaps 25-50 other people who advocate for less/no guards and increase to town killing are a large part in deterring new players from the game. People research the game, they come in knowing theres going to be lots of full loot pvp, its how its advertised. But no new player should be subjected to being constantly griefed.. This is bad for the game despite yours and people who think this ways personal fundamental dilemma with safe areas.

Reactions: Yushi

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Town fights are both aids and and immersion breaking by nature.

Pvp should happen outside of towns, away from guard unless it is a lawless town.

You and the perhaps 25-50 other people who advocate for less/no guards and increase to town killing are a large part in deterring new players from the game. People research the game, they come in knowing theres going to be lots of full loot pvp, its how its advertised. But no new player should be subjected to being constantly griefed.. This is bad for the game despite yours and people who think this ways personal fundamental dilemma with safe areas.

I dunno, why? You are in Koto iirc, so I assume you played 1. I wouldn't call it town fighting cuz you still have the guards. It's just that people can harass more. Remember old Bakti? Mostly just normal guards and people would sneak thru. It is kinda aids but a lot of things in this game are AIDs, MO is an aidsy game. That's not the an aids I'm ready to part with!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Killing guards in towns is completely fine. BUT the issues most of the people fail to see is the AI are stupid. They dont path through water, they ignore terrain and basically chase in a straight line towards the target. The constant complaints about Meduli guards or how the GMs spawned guards in Morin Khur are from people who dont understand or refuse to understand that the AI guards are bugged.

The guards were needed at Meduli, the graveyard is to close to meduli which is a separate issue and the REAL issue. The biggest issue with Meduli is they have no walls, every other guarded town in Mortal Online 2 has a wall of some kind around it. Making it difficult to shoot into town... Meduli is also the ONLY town that has its guardzone right up to the water, meaning you can shoot into town well within the guard aggro range and still not get attacked by guards. Because the AI doesnt know how to react to water. Which is a huge issue overall.

SV is adding more mobs to the game, most importantly water lizards... which are by name water born creatures but they wont be able to swim.

In MO1 we had several animals that could swim and attack, bears, crocodiles, water lizards are a few that come to mind.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Killing guards in towns is completely fine. BUT the issues most of the people fail to see is the AI are stupid. They dont path through water, they ignore terrain and basically chase in a straight line towards the target. The constant complaints about Meduli guards or how the GMs spawned guards in Morin Khur are from people who dont understand or refuse to understand that the AI guards are bugged.

The guards were needed at Meduli, the graveyard is to close to meduli which is a separate issue and the REAL issue. The biggest issue with Meduli is they have no walls, every other guarded town in Mortal Online 2 has a wall of some kind around it. Making it difficult to shoot into town... Meduli is also the ONLY town that has its guardzone right up to the water, meaning you can shoot into town well within the guard aggro range and still not get attacked by guards. Because the AI doesnt know how to react to water. Which is a huge issue overall.

SV is adding more mobs to the game, most importantly water lizards... which are by name water born creatures but they wont be able to swim.

In MO1 we had several animals that could swim and attack, bears, crocodiles, water lizards are a few that come to mind.

This. ^

Its always worthy of guffaw when people say things like "oh koto wanted more guards so thats why they are here" and never...hey..maybe we shouldnt have griefed everyone and anything 24/7 for months in town/right outside the town etc.

Meduli is the only city where u can stand in the middle of town and shoot the gravyard with a longbow. Its that close. The GY is essentially IN the city.

Imo i dont even think the current ammount kf guards is bad or unrealistic. Immersion wise there would be guards on patrol around cities. There would even be guard outposts along roads. Meduli, based on population ahould be 10x bigger than it is considering its the most popular trade hub in the game. What players should advocate for is something like a real Slums area where crime is rife and guards are sparse.

I think what some of these guys really want is their cake and eat it too if they really wanted no guards, whys Kranesh so empty? They want the safety of guards to bank their wares but also want the ability to grief others.

Reactions: Hodo

manure

May 7, 2022

Come on, ExiledKhallisi... I must insist...

The Devs should never help players by adding guards or making ultra powerful guards for them.

Just like you said, people research the game. They come in knowing it is a full loot game. They KNOW they will eventually die and lose stuff and are OK with that, or wouldnt even come.

Now, when you are NEW, you re going to be griefed sometime in a game like this. Its obvious. Its 100% granted that someone will grief you sometime.
But, you will LEARN. And once you learn you will not make the same mistake !
You dont need Devs doing "justice" for you !

if you are new, and go to a Graveyard for example, and get killed, you will gain experience. Next time you wont behave as before, you will scout the area next time...maybe wear something better...or, if its clear that you have no chance to compete yet, you will MOVE AWAY to another city, or just do something else until the griefers leave the area !

How come its so hard ?

Players do not need baby sitters !

The best players out there are exactly those who got griefed in all possible ways and pvped with the most dangerous PKs during a long time. They got EXPERIENCE ! They earned it.

Now, take for example a player who has 100% of protection while farming, then 100% safety while mining, and then 100% safety inside towns... This guy is gonna be ultra rich, and, yet, will be a complete NEWBIE who thinks he rocks.
And this rich newbie will obviously cry everytime he dies outside and loses his stuff, probably gonna quit the game at his first big loss.
This kind of player does not deserve anything valuable he wears. And all thanks to the stupid Devs, that filled the game with guards.

Safe areas and ultra powerful guards everywhere is BAD for the game.

manure

May 7, 2022
I think what some of these guys really want is their cake and eat it too if they really wanted no guards, whys Kranesh so empty? They want the safety of guards to bank their wares but also want the ability to grief others.

Kranesh is empty because its impossible to bank over there. There will always be a PK, stronger than you, waiting to kill you for no reason.

There shouldnt be any town without guards.
What I fight for is to remove guards from THE WILDERNESS ! The guards should stay inside town limits only... And should not be ultra strong as well so that criminal could have a chance to escape too.

Reds should be able to enter any guarded town. If they committed any crimes inside town lines, the guards should act. But only if they did something that would turn them gray.

A city with no guards is an absolute trash idea, and a waste of good space.

But guards patrolling the wilderness, insta killing you when you are 10 kilometers away from town limits, is a much worse trash idea !

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
This. ^

Its always worthy of guffaw when people say things like "oh koto wanted more guards so thats why they are here" and never...hey..maybe we shouldnt have griefed everyone and anything 24/7 for months in town/right outside the town etc.

Meduli is the only city where u can stand in the middle of town and shoot the gravyard with a longbow. Its that close. The GY is essentially IN the city.

Imo i dont even think the current ammount kf guards is bad or unrealistic. Immersion wise there would be guards on patrol around cities. There would even be guard outposts along roads. Meduli, based on population ahould be 10x bigger than it is considering its the most popular trade hub in the game. What players should advocate for is something like a real Slums area where crime is rife and guards are sparse.

You allways jump on the first train you see, you keep repeating that dumb shit but you are unable to argument it, for you It's just the way it Is, the way thats said in koto and Artisan discords. Think on your own for once.
This Is what the game needs, people quit because of this. Give some real arguments besides inherited speech.
Your kind of people are so hatefull and narrow minded that can't talk about balance without pushing for your dumbass gameplay.

Koto Is full of stupid people and noobs they are easy to kill when the nest Is sleeping, instead of the vets teaching noobs to survive and understand the game they teach em to suicide to report, they teach em to mass report and they don't teach em to play individually, thats why everytime one of the drones is away from the collective is probable to die drowned or fall to death on it's own.

But enough with koto, they just another noob zergling guild.

People that can't even stablish a proper argument shouldnt even be allowed in this forums.O therwise we Will have stupid ass noobs saying shit like "the game needs more guards, hey look at me mining saburra protected, hey look at me calling guards on someone"

The cities configurations are total dog ass and won't be fixing shit with bandaid guards, we should be demanding proper fixes for the actual problematics instead of just adding guards to protect koto from themselves.
My god the quality of opinions in this forum is fucking ass.

Reactions: Turbizzler