Roadmap Features Ranked by Category

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
Below is my “Roadmap Features Ranked by Category” list. TL;DR included at the end. Each feature is given a ranking of high, medium, or low priority. Special thanks to Wolfsziet for pulling these out and listing them in his video here:

What follows is my attempt to lend support to features that I think are the most useful overall to the development of MO2. I did try to set aside my specific, personal desires and biases here (as best as I could). You may agree, you may disagree, but hopefully we can all acknowledge that SV should prioritize reasonably achievable features that give the most return on the investment of time and resources. It is simply left to us to vote for them.

Main Features:

Arena with ranking system: Highest Priority. Why? Because this solves a number of problems and fills desires. It addresses the common request for more balanced PvP play options, as well as allowing for player bandits to actually be player bandits (a role), as opposed to just bored players looking for PvP. This one system has the potential to improve the game for everyone, not just PvP enthusiasts (crafters, PvE types, RPers, etc). And this highest recommendation comes from a player who will probably never set foot in the arena, save as a spectator.

Deva system: High Priority. A good choice to put toward the start of the roadmap. Many people have been clamoring for this for some time, and it will help retention with the playerbase. To my mind, this is perhaps the second thing SV should start working on, after the arena.

Guild Logo: Medium Priority. Guild identification is a pretty big deal. To my mind, it kind of goes along with the dye system. Not immediately necessary, but shouldn't be too far down the list.

Breeding: Medium Priority. Taming is always popular (even if it is tedious), and a breeding aspect would add a lot of depth to a popular playstyle.

Thievery: Medium Priority. A system that seemingly many look forward to. However, I caution that any haste involved in putting in such a system will be a detriment to the game. It must be a thoroughly thought out feature, created from the ground up with the idea of someone wanting to play a thief as a role in game, not a trolling pest, nor an addon to an already functionally independent role to employ when someone is bored.

Dye system: Medium Priority. Who doesn’t like a dye system? There is always a rule of cool, and this would be a big addition to that. Good feature, but not the top of the list.

Wagons: Low Priority. Non-essential fun, but overall impact to game improvement is probably minimal.

Veteran System: Low Priority. Needed, but not to begin with, especially since (ostensibly) new players will be joining the game on the 28th. Things that increase the power of veteran players at this point should be withheld for at least a few months.

Farming: Low Priority. An interesting addition, useful, but not having much of an impact except for those who have established property (at least I think some sort of property will be a requirement). Someday, but not right away.

Boats: Lowest Priority. I want to go exploring on the ocean just like most, but this sounds like a huge, time intensive feature that would take a lot of attention from other, more needed things. Someday we’ll sail the seas, but let's get some other things shored up first.

Combat Features:

Adrenaline/weapon abilities: High Priority. This gives a little love back to the footies (a popular playstyle)… including foot archers (we can hope)! This is needed, and sooner the better.

Action queuing AND Charge Blink allows counter feint: Low Priority. Confused by this a little, but sounds promising. However, not a priority when compared to most on the list. Maybe if I understood it better my opinion might change.

Stamina gain on successful parry: No, just no–don’t do this. This is even lower than “Boats” in Main Features. This just extends the ping gap, all the gaps really. Seems like a very bad idea.
EDIT: This was further explained to me not as stam gain on a successful parry, but no stam lost for a successful parry. This, to my mind, is far more reasonable than just getting stamina back every time you parry. I won't change my priority assignment for it, but no longer does it seem horrible :)

Rp/Social:

Tavern Board Games: Medium Priority. Something that should come earlier than later on the roadmap, but not before several other things. I look forward to them.

FOIP and VR support: Low Priority. Nice idea, seems like something that should come much, much later. I place it between Stamina gain on parry (never should be implemented) and boats (pie in the sky).

Player Gear:

New Weapons AND Throwing Weapons AND Crossbows: Medium Priority. New toys are nice, and there are a few things that would add complexity and immersion to the game, such as thrown weapons.

Offhand Torch: Medium Priority. I can’t put this as high priority, but it really is something that should already be in the game.

Dual Wielding: Medium Priority. See New Weapons above for the same reasoning.

More Mountable Creatures: Medium Priority. Pets are cool, mountable pets are cooler. Nice to have sooner than later, but still not top of the list.

New Armor: Low Priority. Less of an obvious impact on play than the weapons above, still good though and a nice later addition.

Territory Control:

Relic system: High Priority. Will create (potentially) a lot of content for guilds and groups. Ideas like Relic System, or even world bosses, add a lot of play to the game. This seems like an easy top 3 or 4.

Magic Schools:

ALL Low Priority. There are some amazing sounding magic schools, and I would really like to see them sooner than later, but that is more of a personal preference of mine. When I look at it from a bit more of a distance, they are simply not a high priority relative to other things. I will say though, among the low priority features, these should rise to the top of that category.

TL;DR:
Arena with ranking system, Deva system, Adrenaline/weapon abilities, and Relic system are all high priority features according to my reasoning. These, in particular, seem to give the most bang for the buck. See above for specifics.

Dye system, Guild logo, Breeding, Thievery, Tavern board games, New weapons AND Throwing weapons AND Crossbows, Off-hand torch, Dual Wielding, and More mountable creatures all find their way to the medium priority category. These are good features, but perhaps will less positively impactful than the high priority ones.

Wagons, Veteran system, Farming, Boats, Stam on parry, Action queuing AND Charge Blink, FOIP/VR, New armor, and Additional magic schools are all lower priority for various reasons described above (not necessarily because they are bad–-though one or two are questionable).

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment below, discuss, make suggestions, and/or correct errors I may have made.

Last edited:

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
This is what the youtube users who talked to the interviewer want. interesting.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Well done. I think this is a very intelligent way for voters to approach the roadmap. Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Combat Features:

Adrenaline/weapon abilities: High Priority. This gives a little love back to the footies (a popular playstyle)… including foot archers (we can hope)! This is needed, and sooner the better.

Action queuing AND Charge Blink allows counter feint: Low Priority. Confused by this a little, but sounds promising. However, not a priority when compared to most on the list. Maybe if I understood it better my opinion might change.

Stamina gain on successful parry: No, just no–don’t do this. This is even lower than “Boats” in Main Features. This just extends the ping gap, all the gaps really. Seems like a very bad idea.

Hard disagree on this one. Adrenaline is a shit system thats just gonna be abused by zergs hitting their own friends to boost their damage, it probably shouldnt ever be implemented. Weapon abilities from what Henrik described are based on MO1 special attacks (triple strike, backstab, etc.) which were pretty shit too and since they are unblockable he expects the players to "get out of the way" for defending them. Good luck dodging anything with the prediction of this game lol

Charge blink is actually a good mechanic, you will be able to do a riposte from a neutral position after fully charging your attacks. I'd prefer they just buffed the spam hits of weapons but I guess it serves the same outcome to nerf the defensive meta. Should be priority.

Stam gain on successful parries is necessary to fight 1vX, at least enough to offset the cost of parry.

Reactions: Rhias and Serverus

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
Hard disagree on this one. Adrenaline is a shit system thats just gonna be abused by zergs hitting their own friends to boost their damage, it probably shouldnt ever be implemented. Weapon abilities from what Henrik described are based on MO1 special attacks (triple strike, backstab, etc.) which were pretty shit too and since they are unblockable he expects the players to "get out of the way" for defending them. Good luck dodging anything with the prediction of this game lol
You don't like weapon skills, or is the problem with adrenaline portion of the system? In theory, adding a special ability by weapon type would add variety to melee combat, and situational reasons for taking specific weapons. Adrenaline was listed as part of that system, hence its inclusion.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You don't like weapon skills, or is the problem with adrenaline portion of the system? In theory, adding a special ability by weapon type would add variety to melee combat, and situational reasons for taking specific weapons. Adrenaline was listed as part of that system, hence its inclusion.
I guess old MO1 Vets remeber how weapon skills were implemented in MO1.
Utterly broken.
Getting one shotted by triple strike or dual strike just ruined the combat.
And other skills like the spear stance never worked properly.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
I guess old MO1 Vets remeber how weapon skills were implemented in MO1.
Utterly broken.
Getting one shotted by triple strike or dual strike just ruined the combat.
And other skills like the spear stance never worked properly.
Gotcha, sounds like problems with implementation. Nobody wants broken stuff added to the game, but I would like to think that SV learned a lesson or two about this system, and it would be improved. However, better not in at all than added horribly broken.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Gotcha, sounds like problems with implementation. Nobody wants broken stuff added to the game, but I would like to think that SV learned a lesson or two about this system, and it would be improved. However, better not in at all than added horribly broken.
When I think about mounts that climb all hills like goats I've got the impression SV learned nothing at all.
MO2 is even more mounted zerk friendly than MO1 was.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
1701046513882.png
1701046547509.png

1701046580132.png
1701046634675.png

Doesnt look like they learned anything tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Bigbadwolff

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah re: roadmap, I came back. I thought about it. I played a little. I think the right decision is to just quit lool, for everyone except those who A. are enjoying 'controlling territory for the sake of controlling territory' and B. those who are still able to immerse themselves in the game despite what state it is in.

pvp, siege, in depth crafting... I don't think it's happening, buds. MO will forever have the first person view and the feeling of running around like that. Unfortunately, this is a 'check back in awhile' situation because that's ALL they have. I sincerely hope they do fix the game, but I wonder if they will figure it out until everyone quits, and even then... they might do some even more ridic stuff to try to retain pop.

I'm highly sure, from playing and suggesting things in many games, that most people don't even know what they want or what is good. This makes for a hard time especially when people react to changes violently and demand they are rolled back. Just gotta hope things come together by chance and people don't get mad enough before they realize the change is good.

Le sigh. Oh well, I'm over it. It was def worth the money I invested pre-sub! Don't have any further comment.

- slaps the roadmap off the table - :eek:

manure

May 7, 2022
Thievery, Boats, Breeeding and dyes are absolutely the top priorities.

Everything else is PvP... Enough "PvP new features" for a while.. we had too many changes regarding pvp recently...
Its time for something different, for christ sake !

Give contents some love.

Thievery and Boats first !

Reactions: Amadman

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I hope everyone votes for the Deva system on the main features, 1 character for current sub cost is not enough.

Two characters would be far better for the sub cost, considering how annoying and long traveling can be, not to even mention that with just 1 char you're locked out of so much content, it feels like 2nd char is really needed.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
There are a couple of things, not on the list, that I would add as well:

1. Remove/modify "legacy" items in the game. There is no good reason those are left in the way they are. Further, when highly competitive guilds (i.e., sweaty) recognize an item as overpowered, they stockpile it, knowing that SV is not likely to remove or modify said items. This significantly increases the competitive guild's (or players') advantage. Nothing good comes from this, and whilst new players are blissfully unaware of this for a time, eventually they will find out and it sours the experience considerably.

2. Fix weapon swapping, especially swapping from bow to 1 hand and shield. That is the most infuriating mechanic in this game IMO.

These are both high priority fixes.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I just wana the new magic schools like Staff magic and the magic with the beasts forgot how its called, everthing else can wait :D

Reactions: jamesm

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I just wana the new magic schools like Staff magic and the magic with the beasts forgot how its called, everthing else can wait :D
Agreed. Why develop other content, when you can just keep developing magic schools that no one liked ad infinitum.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
A proper ranked arena could be fun for a bit, but will absolutely kill the open-world vibe. After a few months it'll just be pvpers sitting in the arena, while the rest of the playerbase PvE's and hoards resources they will never use.

I mean at this point, there isn't much to lose. So go ahead...

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Arenas, relics and weapon abilities are not going to provide me with anything new to do in game.

So I doubt my votes will go towards those.

I will probably lean more towards things that was already on the road map like table games and thieving/lockpicking.

Next would probably be things like off hand torch,deva, dyes, breeding and maybe even boats.

But I am an odd duck so my votes probably wont factor much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jethub

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
My 3 accounts will vote for thieving because at least then I could have something fun to do solo while everything else remains perpetually broken and unfinished. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnidex and Amadman

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
we need lockpicking and thievery, more chests around the world. we need more solo content for sure, while big guilds lock dungeons. Then DEVA system. deva system for 1 time buy for extra slot. as a red main, i need a blue toon for town trades.. even without professional points.

Reactions: Jethub and Amadman