Road Map Overview

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Whats good SV and community members! Happy to say after a good bit of testing of the 0.0.0.31 patch, it had lots of great stuff in it. Including this updated road map.​

Roadmapupdate.png

First off it looks alot more organized and streamlined! I love it, making these small adjustments should help speed the process up guys!!

However the one thing I do wonder a bit on is the crafting system. It seems to be placed before gathering. I'm no genius but I think we need some materials before we can craft things. I'm sure you guys have some crafty idea to drop stuff in the chest, box, urns, and barrels although i think letting us gather stuff up would be great too.
*As for my Suggestion, Hurry the gather system builders up and get them to give us some basic stuff like mining some rocks and chopping some trees. just so we can test both mechanics at once. Plus this gives us something else to do.

Super excited for the Alvarin Clade!!! I just wonder if at any time during the alpha will we be able to test the clade gifts themselves?
**Last thing anyone wants is to reroll because the clade gifts were messed with.

Daggers! Nothing more needs to be said... it's a dagger, it should weak spot and you may have to tickle a pickle or 2 to make contact. Should be fun if the weak spot is more consistent then the weapons we have access to now.

Polestuffs! I like how they seperated it.... Though i still tear up, no chain linked weapons have ever been added to their repertoire. Nonetheless, maybe the spears my not seem so good once the pole weapons are released? Also feel like the regular 2h and 1h weapons could get a little range increase if the other pole weapons are going to be as long as the spears are.

Range and Mage why do you two always seem to come last... Well maybe it's the counter to all melee styles, as it should be... sorry talking to myself and typing leads to dumb answers. Though this does make some sense as long as the bows stam is fair and the mage is really skill based. I can see them being very very good throughout the game as they were in MO1. Making them be the biggest balancer of ping fighting when players are at very different pings. Well this is my opinion but great healing skills or heal mages win games, not all about dealing damage.

Expand the map as you like.. I can only explore what you guys can give, so not much to give feedback on until you start dropping cities like new clubs in New York.

Got anything to add guys drop some words down here and let's help them out as much as we can.

❤ -Phen​

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Whats good SV and community members! Happy to say after a good bit of testing of the 0.0.0.31 patch, it had lots of great stuff in it. Including this updated road map.​

View attachment 295

First off it looks alot more organized and streamlined! I love it, making these small adjustments should help speed the process up guys!!

However the one thing I do wonder a bit on is the crafting system. It seems to be placed before gathering. I'm no genius but I think we need some materials before we can craft things. I'm sure you guys have some crafty idea to drop stuff in the chest, box, urns, and barrels although i think letting us gather stuff up would be great too.
*As for my Suggestion, Hurry the gather system builders up and get them to give us some basic stuff like mining some rocks and chopping some trees. just so we can test both mechanics at once. Plus this gives us something else to do.

Super excited for the Alvarin Clade!!! I just wonder if at any time during the alpha will we be able to test the clade gifts themselves?
**Last thing anyone wants is to reroll because the clade gifts were messed with.

Daggers! Nothing more needs to be said... it's a dagger, it should weak spot and you may have to tickle a pickle or 2 to make contact. Should be fun if the weak spot is more consistent then the weapons we have access to now.

Polestuffs! I like how they seperated it.... Though i still tear up, no chain linked weapons have ever been added to their repertoire. Nonetheless, maybe the spears my not seem so good once the pole weapons are released? Also feel like the regular 2h and 1h weapons could get a little range increase if the other pole weapons are going to be as long as the spears are.

Range and Mage why do you two always seem to come last... Well maybe it's the counter to all melee styles, as it should be... sorry talking to myself and typing leads to dumb answers. Though this does make some sense as long as the bows stam is fair and the mage is really skill based. I can see them being very very good throughout the game as they were in MO1. Making them be the biggest balancer of ping fighting when players are at very different pings. Well this is my opinion but great healing skills or heal mages win games, not all about dealing damage.

Expand the map as you like.. I can only explore what you guys can give, so not much to give feedback on until you start dropping cities like new clubs in New York.

Got anything to add guys drop some words down here and let's help them out as much as we can.

❤ -Phen​
I'm definitely not touching magic until release, not tryna upset anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Phen and PatWins

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Well, there is a lot missing from that roadmap that would be needed for persistent release IMO.

I am assuming that they do not want to give us "everything" so that alpha testers can not get an unfair advantage by figuring out recipes. So the question is what do we need to make sure everything works.

I believe we should have every crafting and gathering system but with an extremely limited number of resources. We also should have a banking and trade broker system BEFORE persistent release. All those are critical to the success of the launch. Item going invisible for example will lead to many just quitting the game.

These "quality of life" things are what drove away people from the first game. Testing should really revolve around refining mechanics (what we are doing now) and finding bugs in crucial systems.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Well, there is a lot missing from that roadmap that would be needed for persistent release IMO.

I am assuming that they do not want to give us "everything" so that alpha testers can not get an unfair advantage by figuring out recipes. So the question is what do we need to make sure everything works.

I believe we should have every crafting and gathering system but with an extremely limited number of resources. We also should have a banking and trade broker system BEFORE persistent release. All those are critical to the success of the launch. Item going invisible for example will lead to many just quitting the game.

These "quality of life" things are what drove away people from the first game. Testing should really revolve around refining mechanics (what we are doing now) and finding bugs in crucial systems.
There should be some sort of dress rehearsal before MO2 going persistent when all the core system could be checked together.

Reactions: Rolufe and Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
@Eldrath I agree they can easily give us just a few resources to start with. I wouldn't say all the crafting though. Crafting systems are fairly simple when it comes to how they work. Mini games make the crafting systems somewhat harder to work with. Though if they stick to old crafting system with some visual upgrades, I don't think we need weapons, armor, shields, and bows all at the same time. Just one can give us a good idea of it working and give them good feedback to adjust the rest. Truly depends on what crafting they are going with. A New crafting with mini games I'm sure will need some tuning. As for Cooking, Alchemy, Refining, ect. They are all based on the items used. This could take a very long time to balance if the materials have changed. According to Henrik via QnA, materials and recipes shouldn't be different. So we will have to wait and see!! :D

@Zbuciorn YES! Let's have a break up party. I probably won't see most of you folks after release anyways! ❤

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
So is this meaning bankers brokers and such? No piggies for bacon?
Fauna : the animals of a particular region, habitat, or geological period.
I'm a little confused but i love you :D
I think he’s referring to prey animals, guars, Bush pigs, people who don’t want ballerina spins.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Interesting.
Flying spingboks, super speed pigs and a possible return of a certain white bunny.
Them weasel sounds man.

• Haha
Reactions: Rolufe