Revert aiming back to MO1 (Archery, Magic)

Revert aiming of magic and bows back to MO1

• Yes

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
I'd like to suggest to copy paste aiming mechanics of bows and magic from MO1.
With the sluggish melee combat system in MO2 bows and magic are a lot more potent. On top of that the aiming of these things is so simplified its really hard to miss even moving target. I believe adding a bit of skill to these mechanics would only help to balance it. In MO1 you had to learn how to aim properly and not just laser point and click. Also with future plans to fix INT curve and add better materials for bows I think those changes need to have place.

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
How is the aiming of ecunemical magic in MO2 any different than in MO1?

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
In MO1 you need to aim at target precisely, hitboxes are not larger than body itself

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
There was no drag casting in late MO1, I'd say its a pretty big difference
I feel like it’s the same level of drag you could do in late mo 1.

you could still flick your mouse around after you cast its purely visual though.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
its exactly the same as MO1 late game. There is no drag casting in MO2. What you are seeing from the vids is a delay from when the caster released the spell and the animation shooting. The hit boxes are exactly the same tight (often times annoyingly so because you miss when you release between someones arms or legs).

This is done client side so its perfect precision hitboxes for the most part...The delay is so both parties can see/register the hit at the same time.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
its exactly the same as MO1 late game. There is no drag casting in MO2. What you are seeing from the vids is a delay from when the caster released the spell and the animation shooting. The hit boxes are exactly the same tight (often times annoyingly so because you miss when you release between someones arms or legs).

This is done client side so its perfect precision hitboxes for the most part...The delay is so both parties can see/register the hit at the same time.
This, exactly.

Reactions: Moores

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
High ping means you have to be pretty precise with magic much like it was with late MO1, i haven't play MO2 on low ping yet though.

Bow aiming feel like a shooter how it is now, old system was much more fun

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Just leave it as is. The wable bow mechanic in MO1 was nothing but a frustrating and artificial irritant that nobody asked for. Completely retarded and unneeded. Just fix the damage each individual bow does, and balance the stam consumption accordingly and don’t make OP horses which turn into retardedly strong MA/MC.

Magic, in the state that it is, doesn’t need any additional aiming handicaps.it’s bad enough you can’t kite and everyone has stam less bows.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I too miss old archery aiming, felt a lot more legit. This is like unresponsive darkfall bows that shoot slow and have lag after where you cant start shooting again.

My biggest bow beef is having to hold your bow back when its pulled to do max damage. My bow is back, it isnt getting magically stronger. I'd prefer mo1 fast shoot times but less damage.