Remove lictors from graveyards

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
When I was a nub I had a blast in the gy'sd because it was dangerous and had lots of players, was great to find other new players to fight. and often I'd go and find other criminals to attack. Was an excellent introduction to mo. Safezone gy's dont belong in mo.

I personally see no issues with guards in Tindrem graveyard, given that it's in the middle of an actual city. Limiting this to one city would likewise increase competition and slow down the (already slow) guaranteed income a good bit more as well.

Not a fan of them elsewhere though, as it just creates secondary "safe zones" adjacent to towns and cities that already have guards, which is not great from a PvP perspective.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I personally see no issues with guards in Tindrem graveyard, given that it's in the middle of an actual city. Limiting this to one city would likewise increase competition and slow down the (already slow) guaranteed income a good bit more as well.

Not a fan of them elsewhere though, as it just creates secondary "safe zones" adjacent to towns and cities that already have guards, which is not great from a PvP perspective.
This! Lictors in tin graveyard ? Ok no problem , but what would lictors do in a shanty town like fabernum, doesnt seem like the place where lictors should be... Also i thougt we where against farming in safety?? They allready have haven so why extend it to the normal world.. kinda odd.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021

Yea perhaps lictors in towns where the graveyard is in the town makes sense (does this include Mohki?). We also need to suggest to "new" players the best towns to leave haven for e.g labelling them beginner, Intermediate, hard. Maybe Tindrem should be the beginner town due to it's obvious security logically (walls, large city, lots of guards, etc)

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Based on Henrik's stream today I would not expect this to be changed. Hopefully elite guards get tuned down a bit in how hard they hit, but Lictors allowing new players to learn the game seems very in-line with what he seems to want.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Based on Henrik's stream today I would not expect this to be changed. Hopefully elite guards get tuned down a bit in how hard they hit, but Lictors allowing new players to learn the game seems very in-line with what he seems to want.
Than tell me what is haven for?

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Why do noobs continue to go to graveyard instead of exploring the world when they leave? Because they're still big noobs that don't understand the game yet.
No its because people are generally scaredycats and rather sit in safety for the rest of their carreers, look at albion for example..

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
If you're so brave, go gank somewhere besides the graveyard then :^)
It has nothing to do with being brave. If ur a red ur reliant on what walks out in the world... we dont want to lose that mechanically. Rightnow its horrible being red 🤣 u cant make houses yet, kran is full of priest campers , if we go on with further changes theres no reason to be red.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
It has nothing to do with being brave. If ur a red ur reliant on what walks out in the world... we dont want to lose that mechanically. Rightnow its horrible being red 🤣 u cant make houses yet, kran is full of priest campers , if we go on with further changes theres no reason to be red.
Has nothing to do with graveyard and Lictors in them. I've killed people and been killed all over the map. Not everyone thinks some zombie heads and vendor gear is worth their time.

Guild vs guild pvp instantly turning you red is a far greater issue than this. And yes being red sucks and needs to be fixed. Unfortunately there's no word from the devs on this.

SOAKED

Apr 7, 2021
I don't see how anyone thinks guards in a graveyard makes any sense or is good for the game at all, did everyone in this thread completely forget that

HAVEN EXISTS ?

Placing guards outside the city prevents new players from learning the hardcore elements that define mortal online.

Example: a noob in the graveyard takes another noobs loot, guess what? You can do something about it and fight that guy. This is what mortal online is about, and if players don't learn it in the graveyard when they have hardly anything to lose they will end up paying a much higher price down the line.

Placing a guard there just creates different problems like guard-approved loot stealing to occur and prevents new players from learning the game.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I don't see how anyone thinks guards in a graveyard makes any sense or is good for the game at all, did everyone in this thread completely forget that

HAVEN EXISTS ?

Placing guards outside the city prevents new players from learning the hardcore elements that define mortal online.

Example: a noob in the graveyard takes another noobs loot, guess what? You can do something about it and fight that guy. This is what mortal online is about, and if players don't learn it in the graveyard when they have hardly anything to lose they will end up paying a much higher price down the line.

Placing a guard there just creates different problems like guard-approved loot stealing to occur and prevents new players from learning the game.
This , if they cannot handle 2 gold loss from walkers, what will they do when they lose 200 gold after farming sators for 3 hours , yeah thats right, they need to get used to it a little. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldrath

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Lets give it some time. For now there isn't enough of the game mechanics in place to offset whatever the intent for the new player experience is supposed to be, and not to mention draw the experienced players away from sitting at these areas all day. If Lictors are to stay, we need to provide feedback that gives reason to remove them or ways that we can offset the obvious issues that people ARE still making this area inaccessible for some players given it is CLEARLY a new player stepping stone farm.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
Why the hell is safezone farming a thing now? We never had this security in MO1 and lictors were only placed at capital cities. Now every graveyard has a lictor inside that ignores mobs so you can farm in complete safety? Are we adding a pvp toggle next?
Facts bro the game needs that thrill again l0l

Reactions: Slyy

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
the ai aggro range and distance mobs follow you is just insane, people pulling lictors to red towns then posting here they are needed

Reactions: Slyy

a.out

May 28, 2020
So since the graveyard is "relatively" safe in comparison to 95% of the rest of the map being non protected. It is comparable to making PvP an option? Lets be real, killing newbies in the GY is some pretty lame stuff to begin with. Go outside into the world and PvP.
The fact that you could and would get ganked everywhere is why me and many others got dragged into this game in the first place. You already have Haven safespace, and Tindrem GY was comparably safe as well. This was perfectly fine!

Reactions: Slyy and Bicorps

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
The fact that you could and would get ganked everywhere is why me and many others got dragged into this game in the first place. You already have Haven safespace, and Tindrem GY was comparably safe as well. This was perfectly fine!
Yeah I agree, that's why we've stuck around MO1-MO2 for years. But the issue is throughout those many many years of playing the population barely hit 1000 players(steam release) before going right back to 200 players. Do I think the solution is purely safe graveyards, no but it would help. I'm completely fine with MO2 being the same as MO1 and self-cannibalizing itself until there's just two small guilds fighting over dust because I'll still have fun. Would be cool to see more of a playerbase though, seeing as we've got 6x the map.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Yeah I agree, that's why we've stuck around MO1-MO2 for years. But the issue is throughout those many many years of playing the population barely hit 1000 players(steam release) before going right back to 200 players. Do I think the solution is purely safe graveyards, no but it would help. I'm completely fine with MO2 being the same as MO1 and self-cannibalizing itself until there's just two small guilds fighting over dust because I'll still have fun. Would be cool to see more of a playerbase though, seeing as we've got 6x the map.
The reason MO never had many players were plenty. From floating trees to half arsed feature creep to the creation of a gigantic barren continent .... It had very little to do with the nature of the game, but its execution.

Reactions: Herb and Eldrath