Remove lictors from graveyards

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Tangible facts that they’re creating a more enjoyable experience for new players; the biggest thing lacking from MO. You, your entire guild, and your best veteran friends could all quit and nobody would care or notice.

New player retention is needed for mo2, how is that for tangible facts? RPK smoothbrain upset that he can’t nuke 1 hour old noobs in the graveyard anymore. Cry me a river, you should consider it’s not the “same game” you donated for, and leave.
Apparently someone's feelings can be referred to as tangible facts.
Now his rhetoric makes so much more sense.

Reactions: Theodosius

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020
I was searching far and wide for the tangible facts he was proclaiming, and all I saw was opinion based tears that vets can no longer farm new players at the spot where noobs are supposed to learn the basics.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The person who is single handedly responsible for roughly 5% of all forum posts needs to evaulate their life decisions.

Done that. I´m fine, thank you.

The interesting bit is that even with roughly 1000 posts the quality of mine is still higher than yours. Maybe look into that.

No, it´s a string of changes that you can find in the patch notes. It´s really not that hard to pick up on. Give it a go.

I was searching far and wide for the tangible facts he was proclaiming, and all I saw was opinion based tears that vets can no longer farm new players at the spot where noobs are supposed to learn the basics.

See above. Ironically your "argument" is wholly based on emotions since you are figuratively frothing at the mouth. All you have is some claims and laughable attacks on the people arguing against you.

It´s not a fact that it improves player retention. They did all these changes to Mortal Online 1 and it still died. Because it was a broken and missmaged mess that was only kept alive by the dedication of fans that valued the unique features it had. The same people who funded and tested MO2 based on the promises made by SV.

Obviously someone who wanted the game that Henrik was talking about, with the changes he talked about, would be disappointed with the current development. Since it´s more or less a crowd funding operation it´s not surprising. That does not keep me from pointing it out.

Still many of the other changes I proposed over my time here have been implemented and improved the game already. If this game turns into something I don´t want to play - I´ll leave. Currently I find writing on the forums useful and fun.

---

Now it´s probably more interesting to return to the topic at hand. If any heathens want to reach out and insult me further take it to PMs. You obviously seem to have some feelings to work through and as a member of the faith I´ll gladly assist you in finding the path.

Myrothas McMillan

Mar 29, 2021
You can still gank players on Bakti GY, if you're really into that.
I really dont mind if theres any Guards/Lictors or not. Im not a griefer.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Done that. I´m fine, thank you.

The interesting bit is that even with roughly 1000 posts the quality of mine is still higher than yours. Maybe look into that.

No, it´s a string of changes that you can find in the patch notes. It´s really not that hard to pick up on. Give it a go.

See above. Ironically your "argument" is wholly based on emotions since you are figuratively frothing at the mouth. All you have is some claims and laughable attacks on the people arguing against you.

It´s not a fact that it improves player retention. They did all these changes to Mortal Online 1 and it still died. Because it was a broken and missmaged mess that was only kept alive by the dedication of fans that valued the unique features it had. The same people who funded and tested MO2 based on the promises made by SV.

Obviously someone who wanted the game that Henrik was talking about, with the changes he talked about, would be disappointed with the current development. Since it´s more or less a crowd funding operation it´s not surprising. That does not keep me from pointing it out.

Still many of the other changes I proposed over my time here have been implemented and improved the game already. If this game turns into something I don´t want to play - I´ll leave. Currently I find writing on the forums useful and fun.

---

Now it´s probably more interesting to return to the topic at hand. If any heathens want to reach out and insult me further take it to PMs. You obviously seem to have some feelings to work through and as a member of the faith I´ll gladly assist you in finding the path.
I genuinely respect your opinion eldrath even if I rarely agree with all of it.

I have mixed feelings about this

Probably an unpopular opinion but graveyard pvp is super low tier and irrelevant. I think it’s kind of sad for someone who’s been playing for an extended period of time to even count that as pvp.

Reactions: BongRips

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020

Probably an unpopular opinion but graveyard pvp is super low tier and irrelevant. I think it’s kind of sad for someone who’s been playing for an extended period of time to even count that as pvp.
It’s what Zeal does. GY griefing is their cup of PvP
All I’m seeing is complaints that it’s not easier to grief noobs.
The GY is still open PvP.. now if guilds want to harass noobs they have to come and knock the lictor first. But they don’t want the “hardcore” pendulum to swing both ways.

• Haha
Reactions: Eldrath

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

Of course it is low tier. I made that point earlier in this thread. It´s a low gains low risk enviroment. Which is why it´s a place where people can learn about PvP without investing anything or very little. It´s a good learning ground.

The problem arise when SV insists on making it the only viable way for badly geared players with low skill to farm back their meagre possessions after loosing them. Thus recreating the exact situation of the steam release.

The obvious solution is to spread out the low level PvE, design towns in a way that offers multiple exits, explain other avenues of income and provide this information early on. Something Haven could have provided, but fails to instead opting for a safe zone.

@bbihah
1617653887550.png

Get your head out of your ass.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020

Pretty much. Never once saw any of the higher tier pvp guilds in the GY griefing newbies. They may have killed a few once or twice but just to get people out of town for a fight and they usually leave the newb gear.

Dronegan

Apr 6, 2021
Its not like there is any serious coin to be made at the graveyards either.

I never played Mortal Online 1, but played Darkfall for a longer period.
Both games suffered from a dead world with low population.

The focus here should be to get new players into the game and keep the game alive for longer than a few months. Not to grief new players until the point where they see no other option than quiting the game.

With my first character during the stresstest i left Haven pretty fast. Basically made a sword and a bow and some armor and i was gone.
Now i knew what type of game this was, but i can tell you that my experience in Fabernum was not enjoyable at all.
Basically sitting in 2 hour queue to login and then the whole town being locked down by griefers killing everyone over and over again to the point where there were so many lootbags on the ground that the game crashed. Great annother hour in queue only to find out the same people are still there killing everyone and game crashed again.
Waited for a day and suprise suprise annother guild was there the next day doing the same.

I had to make a new character to be able to play the game, this time i stayed a bit longer in Haven and when i left i went to Trindrem which was a much better experience. There is still PvP happening outside of Tindrem and you are never safe when you leave town.

You cant seriously be mad over people farming 20 silver per mob in a overcrowded place. Lets face it, you are mad because you and your 5 mates cant roll in and grief new players. The most "hardcore" that want no safety at all are those who roll around in small zergs, how about you look for "pvp" somewhere else than graveyards? Or is the competition to hard at more popular mobspawns where you actually might run into other small zergs?

In general i think community has been great and really helpful towards new players. Ive been ganked a few times by groups, killed on sight. Ive also ran into groups that took time to guide me or help find my way which is great.

Last edited:

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Henrik has said the only reason guards are in graveyards is due to players dragging them in and they are working on a leash. Phew
Remember. Graveyards on release will no longer be a newbie playground. Vets will be farming there for clade points too!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
A lot of people in my guild have been looking for you to come to Bakti and start some real PVP. Leave the newbs alone, and come get some good fights. We will be waiting.

Xursed

Mar 14, 2021
Graveyard is like the lowest tier of farm, I don't see an issue with newer players being able to farm there in safety. It's not like you get anything really for ganking them other than some bone tissue weapons.

Slyy

May 28, 2020
Scotland
www.mortalonlinemap.info
Graveyard is like the lowest tier of farm, I don't see an issue with newer players being able to farm there in safety. It's not like you get anything really for ganking them other than some bone tissue weapons.

There has never been guards in the graveyards, its simply not intended and doesn't fit the design.
Besides, graveyard will be one of the most popular clade farming areas, for vets and newbies alike.

Its also where beef is settled around town. Glad Henrik is sticking to his vision tbh

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Henrik has said the only reason guards are in graveyards is due to players dragging them in and they are working on a leash. Phew
Remember. Graveyards on release will no longer be a newbie playground. Vets will be farming there for clade points too!
I can't wait to see Vets farming zombies for 1 (one) Clade xp because they forgot that it's been 100x since Risars were first implemented, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Slyy

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Why the hell is safezone farming a thing now? We never had this security in MO1 and lictors were only placed at capital cities. Now every graveyard has a lictor inside that ignores mobs so you can farm in complete safety? Are we adding a pvp toggle next?
Agree I like the risk to farm in a graveyard like in all the others spot around Nave.

Tiddly

Mar 31, 2021
There has never been guards in the graveyards, its simply not intended and doesn't fit the design.
Besides, graveyard will be one of the most popular clade farming areas, for vets and newbies alike.

Its also where beef is settled around town. Glad Henrik is sticking to his vision tbh
That's unintentional. Guards in their current state lack enough AI to move back to their previous passive-to-aggro location which is why you're seeing this happen. This alongside the only changes to them so far is their stats and numbers only makes the problem more apparent since guards cannot be killed by zombies nor do zombies tend to drop loot if they last-hit.

Personally, I think it'd be cool to have only one or two hanging around anyway since it'd make ganking a little more challenging. Often killing people by themselves at a graveyard prior had zero risk involved. Though obviously this is case-by-case as this problem isn't the situation for every cemetery in the world.