Reasons why Sv should give, or should not give us 50-100 more Action Points.(Update: I changed my mind on that,after the Conversations in this Thread)

Would you like SV to give us 1200 active Action Points instead of 1100 as in MO1

• Total voters

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think a lot of Players want to play a more versatile character, if they only have 1 Character Slot. Same counts for me.

A lot more versatile character Builds could be created with 100 more Skillpoints !

I personally want a Hybrid between MC and Footfighter. He wouldn´t be the perfect footfighter and not the best Mounted Combat Character. The Idea is following. Riding on a horse and hit the enemy with your weapon or bow, till the mount is low health. Then Dismount and continiue to fight on foot. The idea is to not use the best Horse avalible. Just an avarage one to get to the fight, deal some damage while mounted and then continiue on foot, and let the horse die.

100 more Points would make a huge Difference for this build.

The Character could get ether get more Petpoints, a bit more defencive stance to not get dismounted too fast,, Vitalism to heal his mount, or a secondary weapons Skill to be a better foot fighter. 100 Points would make a huge Difference.

1. Controlled Riding 100

2. Mounted combat 80

5. Axes 100

6. Aggresive stances 50 + Bomus

7. Defensive stances 50 + Bonus

8.Sprinting 100

9. Combat manouvering 100

10. Armor trainning 100

11. Heavy armor trainning 80

12. Anatomy 100

13.Blocking 60

14. Balance 100

15. Creature Controll 80

That would be 65 Petpoints.

A lot of Players will play a Hybrid in MO2 , becuase much less Players will choose to play a mage, and you need a healing ability for your team in PVP and in dungens.

I think the Hybrid need that 100 Skillpoints to be able to skill 50 advanced Riding and 50 creature Controll, so he is not forced to ride a lvl 25 Donkey, that throw him off from time to time.
The travel speed would be a bit too slow for the Hybrid ! Hybrids want to be able to properly explore the World and should not be forced to transport their valuables on a lvl 25 Donkey, if we can only create a single Chracter.

Take a look at Post Nr 12. I see that 100 Points could cause some balance issiue, but not if these 100 Points would be split up into 50 more Points for all Players, and 50 Points as a reward in the Claid Skilltree from the Human race.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
In addition, the bonus on skills in MO2 seems to be a little less than in MO1 and must be unlocked via the Clay Points. Most versetile characters should therefore be able to skill a little more points in riding/advanced riding, in order to reach the dungens more quickly. These points are only unlocked by fighting hard NPCs, such as Risars.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
They’ve already confirmed we’re receiving more action points overall. Haha
That would be great. You have a source ? The crafting Points are linited to 1100, so i thought they would limit the Action Points to 1100 aswell. Atm it show up 20.000 Action Points and will be reduced.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
There will always be players with a build not fitting into 1100 primary points. This goes both for the action part of the skill tree as for the profession part. E.g. I will not be able to work as alchemist and bow crafter on the same character, that's what I did most in the last years of MO1. When the first magic school comes into beta some players will cry about the problems to get healing spells into the fighter skills.

We all have to live with restrictions. Don't believe your own dream build would be a reason to get more primary points. Compared to MO1 and before the skill tree changed some years ago we have much more flexibility with this 1100 points.

Reactions: BigBadWolf

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i think diffent and that we really need a skill Points increase to 1200, but i agree, that 100 more points could cause a balance issiue for some Builds.

Take a look at teh Post Nr 12 !

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
1100 is not enough for one versatile PVP char. big promises where made.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
Where do people always get those informations?
Got 3 quotes from dezember and january where Henrik states it will be around 1.1k per tree,
http://prntscr.com/y5tc01
http://prntscr.com/y5t9up
http://prntscr.com/y5t8gc

yep 1100 per tree, 1100 action - 1100 crafting

though maybe there's time to influence that since it seems vague

i'm ok with it how it is but it may be hard for an MA/MC to squeeze in enough taming to grab themselves a nag out in that much larger wilderness :)

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I think a lot of Players want to play a more versatile character, if they only have 1 Character Slot. Same counts for me.

A lot more versatile character Builds could be created with 100 more Skillpoints !

-You make some fair points, however, we are forgetting that we can remake our stats at any time. So the mechanics are in game to do what you need to do, you just cant do them when you want to. It takes time and sacrifice to do what you want when you want. You can easily skim off all those talents to squeeze near 100 (70 more practical) and get what you want out of the character.
-100 extra points to make hybrids more interesting would throw the balance completely off. High HP dwarves would be way to powerful and High DPS Risar Builds would be way to tanky.

Im going hybrid also, but I want FULL DEX, I want to craft, be good with bows, go as high up the magic tree as possible, be a master potion maker and dagger, maybe 1h sword for backup. I cant do all this at once and I need so much more. So Im going to play dynamically and fluctuate my stats frequently.

I think you can get what you want and need without the extrea 100 points. Yea, Hybrids arent going to be able to do much damage, but thats what makes a hybrid a hybrid, utility.

Reactions: Vagrant

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Why would High HP dwarves be way to powerful and High DPS Risar Builds way to tanky with additional 100 Action Points ? I do not see that, but i now see that there are some Builds, that could get too strong with additional 100 Points, but not if the points are split up. 50 Points for all Characters, and 50 additional Points as a Clay Points reward for the human race. Maybe you can tell us, about which build you had in Mind ?

let´s look at this scientificly.

It agree that it would be Op, if a Hybrid can shoot you from range with a hard hitting bow, and hit you from close range with his melee weapon, while having the ability to heal and cast corrupts. A fighter could be too strong against MC, if all footfighters would use a bow, with which they could cause weakspots, which is not the case.

I see no inbalance, if the builds that are currenty used would get 50 more additional Points. A footfighter could go for additional riding skills or active regeneration. If he would choose to learn Archery, he can defend himself against mounted combat guys, which would reduce inbalances. A Group of mounted guys was always stronger, as a foot fighter group. 50-100 Skillpoints would not make him op, because Marksmanship requires breathign Techniques and both are primary Skills. He would not be able to hit mounts with weakspots, but could shoot back, which would bring more balance into the game. A pure Dominator could go for 50 unarmed Blocking, or for 50 Points in an additional Magic Scool. I think this is the only Build, which SV should take a closer look at, becuase a Dominator was always very strong in MO1 ! Mobs now have directional attacks, and a Dominator was able to hide his Spiderqueen under the Water, and pull fighters in havy armor inside the water, till they drown. 50 additional Points in Swimming for a footfighter, would mabe balance that.

If a Hybrid would decide to not go for the additional riding skills, with his 50-100 Points, it would not make him op ether, because a Hybrid not have enough str to wield a powerful bow. A hybrid can´t go for 50 Archery and 50 Marksmanship, becuase you need to have breathing techniques aswell, which is a primary Skill, to get the ability to cause weak spots. An additional Weaponskill would not make the Hybrid much stronger, but only give him the ability to use different weapons. Most people would not do that, becuase you need a Chracter that can transport your stuff from Town to Town, if we will only get 1 Character Slot. With 50 additional points in Creature Controll, a Hybrid would not be forced to transport his Valuables on a lvl 25 Donkey, becuase he is limited to 25 Petpoints, and can be dismounted with 2 Shots, if a Mounted Archer have Marksmanship. The only skills you can learn, that not need other primarys to learn, and could cause inbalances would be Potion Utilization or an additional magic School for the Dominator and Hybrid, that have trained all primarys, to learn an additional magic School, and get 50 Points in it. I now agree that SV should rather give us 50 additional Points, instead of 100 additional Points, so that a Dominator or Hybrid could only get 50 Points in an additional Magic School, so he can´t cast the most powerful Spells, that the other magic Schools would offer to them, without
giving up anything else, as for example 50 points in his weapon Skill.

A dagger fighter have the Skill Marksmanship, can deal a lot of damage close range, and can dismount with Dualstrike, if this move will be added in MO2. 50 more Points could let this Chracter using a bow, and this can get very strong. To balance that, dualstike should loose the ability to dismount, so that this Chracter have to switch to the bow, to dismount someone with weakspot Hits, or if SV only allow bows to cause weakspots, if a Chracter have a specific ammount of STR, that a dagger Fighter will not have.

I dont see 50 Points in Potion Utilization as a big problem, that cause huge imbalances. Potions will be increadible expencive. In MO1 you could log out 5 different Characters in different locations. You not had to travel back to town, becuase your character loged out and will not stay presistent in the world, as in MO2. The world is huge. Nobody will travel 2 h in the Jungle, to simply gather 3 Angus spongs and some muse Fruit, and then travel back to Bakdi. I do not think, that more then a handful of people will make potions in MO2.

I now agree, that 100 Points can defenetly cause imbalances, but this would not be the case, if SV would buff the Clay Tree, of the human race.

Here my new Idea.

What about 50 additional Skillpoints for all Players and
buffing the Claid Tree of the Human Race to make him a true Choice for someone, who want to go for a versetile Chracter, because the human race would have more Skillpoints, as any other race, to make certain Builds possible, that miss a few points. I realy want to be able to play a footfighter/mounted combat guy as i posted it in the first post. This way SV could make new builds viable, and make the Human race a more interesting choice for Builds, which miss a few Skillpoints. The second possebility would be to decrease the ammount of petpoints, of a Bullhorse, to fix the problem, that a Hybrid is forced to transport his Valuables on a LVl 25 Donkey, and to train as much Creature Controll on my Build, to be able to use a decent Horse.

This new 1 Chracter Policy will result in more people wanting to create a more versetile Chracter, that can join a mounted Group and a footfighter group, be able to transport his Valuables arround the world, deal some damage sitting on his mount, till the horse get low hp, and then continiue to fight on ground, like a true man. I dont like the playstyle of a pure MC, that run away, if his mount have low HP, to heal it up with bandages, and then return to the fight. If you enjoy PVE you can´t stay local, unless you would have a large variaty of dungens near every town.

So far the Thursar Khurite have an insane Damage Bonus of 30 %. The Ogmir can reach up to 300 HP.... What are the benefits of the Human race ? I dont see them, why people should play a human ? Maybe for a Hybrid, but most peopel would go for a Veela, becuase this Race have higher Dex.

Bernfreds Idea of 1800 Points would throw the balance totally over board, and noone want to have an imbalanced game, becuase balance is the most important in a full loot mmo !

I see it as a problem, if much less players will choose to play a Supporter (mage), becuase of this 1 Character Policy. This will cause more players to to decide to lvl up a Hybrid, and they can´t transport their Valuables arround the world, unsless they use a lvl 25 Donkey, that will die very fast.

SV need to consider to reduce the Petpoints for a Bullhorse, or give us some more Points, so that these Chracters can do proper transports. In this game you have to transport Materials, for which you have farmed for days. Some materials can only be found in very specific Places.

Last edited:

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
In addition, the bonus on skills in MO2 seems to be a little less than in MO1
This is completely false, every skill in MO2 right now has a primary stat (Stat divided by 10 truncated) and a secondary stat (stat divided by 20 truncated) added together for bonus skill points. In MO1, skills either had a single stat (Stat divided by 10 truncated), had dual stats (average both stats divided by 10 truncated), or had no bonus at all for bonus points. You get up to 50% more bonus points in MO2 compared to MO1.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
This would be awesome, but i think that i will still miss some points. What do you think about the Idea, that the human race will be buffed, and could get some more additional Points, to make specific Builds work ? So far the Thursar Khurite have an insane Damage Bonus of 30 %. The Ogmir can reach up to 300 HP.... What are the benefits of the Human race ? I dont see them, why people should play a human ? Maybe for a Hybrid, but most peopel would go for a Veela.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
2014-09-23_00002 (1).jpg

In MO1 i got 107 Points for free. This was my survivalist Build which i later adjusted a bit. A very versetile Character. I dropped agressive stance for Balance, and he got a bit more Armor Training and controlled riding, instead of Potion Utilization. With this Build you had to learn how to fight and if you got outnumbered, he could escape, by jumping inside the Water and swim to tindrem. He could fight from his mount and at the same time could fight people on the ground. He had no Blocking, so you had to properly parry the hits, to not get damage. He used a sator Spear and an ironbone Armor. It was a build from 2014, so i guess a lot have changed. If he died, he did not loose too much. His Horse wasn´t the best. (good breed but low lvl), my ironbone Armor was not very expencive, but he felt a bit weak on the ground, so that i had to support him with sewdew Pots from my Alchemist. Potions will sadly be increadible expencive in MO2. This will nerf this build quite a lot. With some more points, it would be a good chearacter for MO2, becuase of the 1 Character Policy. You need an Allrounder. A Character you can transport your valuables with. i hope you can still snoop the Backpack of Players, even with 0 Skill. I did that a lot of time and told player to share their loot with me, if they not want to get into a fight. I always gave the Players the choice, to get out alive. I hope SV will add Tindem as fast as possible. I loved to hang out at the Habor.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Aggressive and Defensive Stance shouldn't even be skills imo. I've always felt they seemed like a lazy skill that's basically mandatory so that's just -200 for any combat build.

Yeah we sacrificed some points here and there in both for certain builds...but regardless. Its what really starves you in points for interesting builds and gimps you right off the bat in every pvp scenario if you lack them.

Reactions: Xunila

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I have to look into that. Most of the pets were pretty bad, as far as i remember. The good Pets, such as the Guardian Spiders, that split Acid cost tons of Petpoints and needed Domination ! A wolf or a Bear was not really a thread, except inside the water. You think a Footfighter can carry a Wolf with just 50 more Skillpoints ? As far as i remember such Pets died with 2 Hits, if they not had a high Level, and a high Lvl Pet did cost a lot of Petpoints and you could not tame them yourself. Plz correct me if i am wrong, becuase i had a long break.

How Magic should be used on a Fighter, if he just get 50 more Points. Magic cost a lot of Skills.
Mental training
Mental offenvce
ecumenical speels

This are all primarys and a fighter is using a havy armor. This is only strong, if the whole group of havy fighters would cast Mindblast and focus 1 Player. If they fail, they not have mana. We once speculated to do that in MO1

However i hope we get at least the 107 extra Bonus Points, as we did in Mortal 1. I never really enjoyed playing the meta, and rather go for build, which allow me to do something unpredictable. Giving the Skill Bonus through the Claid Points reward System of the Human Race, would propably be the best solution.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I have to look into that. Most of the pets were pretty bad, as far as i remember. The good Pets, such as the Guardian Spiders, that split Acid cost tons of Petpoints and needed Domination ! A wolf or a Bear was not really a thread, except inside the water. You think a Footfighter can carry a Wolf with just 50 more Skillpoints ? As far as i remember such Pets died with 2 Hits, if they not had a high Level, and a high Lvl Pet did cost a lot of Petpoints and you could not tame them yourself. Plz correct me if i am wrong, becuase i had a long break.

How Magic should be used on a Fighter, if he just get 50 more Points. Magic cost a lot of Skills.
Mental training
Mental offenvce
ecumenical speels

This are all primarys and a fighter is using a havy armor. This is only strong, if the whole group would cast Mindblast and focus 1 Player. If they fail, they not have mana.
terror bird hits you with 70 even thorugh some armor. no they are not bad. xD
thx hayasas terror bird. was nice duel hayasa :)

even with a few poitn you can hold these things or cougars would give you high advantage. I also like to see more skill points in the char builds becasue it gives more opportunity. but the thing is it will maybe change the whole style of fighting for groups and stuff. im not sure.

Im sure henrik have an idea, he is not stupid.

Reactions: Avenoma