Reasons why Sv should give, or should not give us 50-100 more Action Points.(Update: I changed my mind on that,after the Conversations in this Thread)

Would you like SV to give us 1200 active Action Points instead of 1100 as in MO1

• Total voters

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Maybe you can tell us, about which build you had in Mind ?

let´s look at this scientificly.
Yes lets. First Im going into potions. If I dont train everything I need to 100 and use the effective skill of 100, I get to 1,093 total points. I really REALLY REALLY REALLY need mining, ore extraction and extraction appliances. If I had that extra 100, I would skim off of everything 10 points. That would leave with 120 extra points and the extra 100. I would use that to go into mining. IRL how many tender handed botanist also mine?

You dont often see the rougher dudes(a metallurgist for example) IRL with nice gardens.

It takes time and dedication to really good at those 2 very different disciplines and I subject that both crafts IRL would suffer if time is split between them and mastery isnt achieved.

Not being able to mine and refine causes me to seek ores from a master miner. I need many many substances within rock to be a good alchemist. This promotes the economy because I have to seek those items. The economy would be too deflated IMO and the top tier DPS and TANK specs would be too beast, period. Full on mages that scrim 10 off the top would have over 200 extra points (if 1200). A full on mage with a legit attack pet??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Edit: and if the mages use and effective skill scrimed to 90, you're talking over 400 extra points. Looking closely at the trees, I can see the balance in the 1100 and it doesnt matter. Everything is tweaked to the 1100 points. The damage output/resistences of ALL the glades and damage + and - percentages would all have to be tweaked. Thats like plugging a dc cord into an ac jack and expecting a smoother and stronger flow of electricity. It just doesnt work like that. Theres stop gap measures in place already to suit the developing meta.
It really comes down to is whats more realistic, I botanist that can also mine? A warrior that can also herd animals? A tank that can pick up too much magic or a dps pet? The balance is pretty delicate. A dedicated archer with legit necro and domination skills???

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Currently clade gifts give tons of skill points in certain areas.
How much Bonus you get in total ? More then 107 Points, as we had in Mortal 1 ?
I know that there are Clade Gifts. The Thursar Kurite have a Bonus to Swords/Axes, but what if you want to play another weapon. I think those Gifts should be more universal. Gain several Ammout of skills for a Weapon Skill you have trained for excample pver 60 Skillpoints, or something like that.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
"Edit: and if the mages use and effective skill scrimed to 90, you're talking over 400 extra points."

The mage not have Str, but Psy and Int, but have some Skills that need Str to get the Bonus. And how you get to 400 Points in your calculation ? Emagine he would get a Bonus of 10 for every of his Skill, that would be 115 Points if we would have 1150 Points to spend, what is not the Case, becuase not all of his Skills get a Bonus of 10. I dont know how you get to 400 points but i understand what you mean.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I know that there are Clade Gifts. The Thursar Kurite have a Bonus to Swords/Axes, but what if you want to play another weapon. I think those Gifts should be more universal. Gain several Ammout of skills for a Weapon Skill you have trained for excample pver 60 Skillpoints, or something like that.

Buy the game and test your build in the alpha/beta instead of assuming and calculation without knowledge about the current system!

Reactions: Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Can't say exact numbers. But I think it's higher than MO1.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Buy the game and test your build in the alpha/beta instead of assuming and calculation without knowledge about the current system!
I played the stress Test and we had every Skill set to 100 ! SV have given out Keys to test the Game. I did that and started writing Feedback.For me the blocking System and the freedom in the Keybinding Options have the highest prority. The only thing that really matters to me. All my other suggestions would be nice addons, but are not of essential importance to me.

https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/the-game-need-more-freedom-in-the-keybinding-options.867/ I am Happy that Henrick confirmed, that we will be able to set our Options, as we want to, and that it will be possible to bind all blocking directions and attacks on different Keys. The combat System will laways have the highest priority for me, and this is what i fucused testing during my playtime.

Last edited:

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
"Edit: and if the mages use and effective skill scrimed to 90, you're talking over 400 extra points."
And how you get to 400 Points in your calculation ?

More like 300+

Im rockn +8 to Potions with ONLY 75 int and 30 Pysche. On MMO1, Im rockn +8 also to potions with 90 int and 60 pys. I think magic will follow this formula and attributes will contribute more in MO2

If it does and people get +15 and +20 to magic school, thats a trained skill to 80 leaving 20 extra points still with an effective skill of 100, skim that to 90 and we start getting into trouble. The mentalism and mentalism style things a mage needs is around 5 (in mentalism and regen). Those trees will be skimmed even further bc many people are going to be 10/10 int/pys and that much power in mentalism will prove not needed.

So, 2 magic schools trained to 75 lets say, leaving an effective skill of 95. Thats 50 extra points and im going with 30x5 points for mentalism and regen (I think it could be skimmed more than that if we have the extra 100 you want).

Your 100 + 50 from magic + 150 from mentalism/regen/other min/max mage stuff = too much flippen points left over to dump into game breaking builds. And we havent even factored in the glades...

I feel my skimming calcs are conservative. Imagine and 70/70 elemental/dominator build with effective skills of 90, mentalism cut to 50% of max values and few tweaks to int/pys, drop dex and i think the con and str are enough to pick up blocking, defensive stance and/or balance. Thats not in the spirit of a mage, right? Wouldnt that make the mage too powerful? Especially 1v1.

Or drop the defense trees and go for herding/beast mastery. No dude. Just no.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I was actually a multiple dps pet spec before I quit MM1, with spear and shield, ecumenical with decent mentalism/regen) and EVERYthing else dumped into pet control. Now imagine if I grabbed Elemental or blocking/defensive skills???

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Yeah Dominators was always too strong. I had a Dominator with a Nitre Guardian. People could only run and heal. if the Spider shot them with Acid. You could put the spiderqueen under Water and she could pull people inside the water. That was broken as fuck. A reason why i used that Character for PVE and not for PVP, if we got enough people together, which wanted to go into the Sator Dungen.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
This picture says it all xD: i love the cat.
andykatze.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Bernfred

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It´s not only about my specific Build. I think it need ideas to fix the issiue, that some Characters, such as Hybrids are limited to make proper transports, becuase they are limited to a low lvl Horse or Donkey. I am not sure what´s the best way to fix it, but this could defenetly turn off players, if they loose theit valuables, they farmed for days, when their Donkey die from 2 Hits, if they get shot by a mounted Archer having Marksmanship. We can not create a second Chracter in MO2, which we can use for Transports and somehow i would like to see the human race being buffed to make him useful, becuase the character Models looks very awesome !

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Can someone say what primary skills they converted to secondary in MO1? I know riding was one of them...

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
What bonus are you talking about? Attribute bonuses in MO2 are actually more than in MO1.
This is completely false, every skill in MO2 right now has a primary stat (Stat divided by 10 truncated) and a secondary stat (stat divided by 20 truncated) added together for bonus skill points. In MO1, skills either had a single stat (Stat divided by 10 truncated), had dual stats (average both stats divided by 10 truncated), or had no bonus at all for bonus points. You get up to 50% more bonus points in MO2 compared to MO1.
I always regarded it as the sum of both divided by 20, but I guess it's the same as the average divided by 10, so semantics.

To summarize this thread: We already get more skill points, on top of that we already get more bonuses from attributes and on top of that we get more bonuses from attributes and direct skill bonuses from clade gifts.
That's a total of 3 levels of more skillpoints.

What I am left to wonder is if the direct attribute bonuses are limited by caps or if they also apply to caps as well like weight changes do, considering there are also cap raises in there.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Concentration and Mental Focus under Mental Training.

Reading was a primary in the first years of MO1. Gathering with mining and woodcutting became secondary some years ago. The primary riding skill just changed to controlled riding.

Reactions: Speznat

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The best way would be buffing the Human Race. Most new Players will pick the Human Race, becuase it looks the best. They should not regret it.

Ogmir can get up to 300 Life. Thursar Kurite can get up to 35 Damage Bonus. Human should get more Skillpoints. He should not have such a high Damage Bonus as the Thursar Krite, but should at least get 121 STR to be able to make Mounted Combat.

The big concern seems to be that more Skillpoints would result in inbalances, that nobody want. Maybe give the human race Skillpoints, that not effect Balance, in Skills most Character and Builds not gonna usel, such as for excample the Skill Swimming. Maybe swimming should not require Endurence, if you play a human.. If Sv would give him Skillpoints in another Category, that are used by other Builds, a lot of Chracters such as Full Fighters or mages could use Pets, and this would not be good.

This could make the Survival Build possible.

1.Axe or Hammer 100
2. Endurence 50
3.Sprinting 100
4.Combat manouvering 100
5. Resist Swimming 50
7.Anatomy 100
8.Armor trainning 100
9.Heavy armor trainning 67
10. Survival 50 Blocking 58
11.Controlled Riding 100
12.Mounted combat 80
13. Balance 100
14. Creature Controll 45

The CHracter have some Drawbacks, no agressive Stance, no defencive Stance, low Blocking and no secondary Weaponskill, but can do some Moutned Combat, can also fight on Foot, and can escape in the Water, if you get outnumbered.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It would be huge, if this build could get 50 Defencive stance or a second Weaponskill, to fight on the ground, becuase the Human get additional Points for Axes and Swords.

This means he could get 2 Weaponskills, or 50 defencive stance. With additional Skillpoints for Swimming, or that swimming not require Endurence, as a Clay Points reward, we would be able to get a new awesome Build added to the game, without causing balance problems, and new Players would not regret, if they pick the Human race.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
The Human is the mix out of the other three.

Alvarian best Foot Archer / Best Mounted Archer, Dex Mage
Thusar best Foot fighter and DMG dealer
Oghmir best Mounted Combat, Fat Mage
Human everything from the above but not the best in all these.

Or am i Wrong?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The human is the worst of all races and not have a human specific Build, but this could change.
I made my thoghts about it, how to make an awesome human race Build possible, with the feedback i got from this thread, that is won´t cause balance Problems. I now agree, that adding 50-100 Skillpoints can cause Balance Problems, so i searched for a solution, becuase Balance is the most important in a full Loot MMO ! Nomofy want to have an unbalanced game !