Quality of Life Suggestion Thread

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
Create ghost versions of items on skillbars. When you have an item in inventory with identical stats (other than dura) make it autolink to the ghost on the skillbar.

This way you don't need to rebuild your skillbars every time you die. (Give arrows an equip timer to balance out the fact that this means you'll no longer have to equip every stack of arrows to different skillbars)

Yeah, this.

To build onto this, have a separate unequip skill for weapons. Make weapons put on the skill bar only equip, rather than unequip when pressed again. That way I don't accidentally unequip my bow when I'm switching between melee and ranged on my skill bar.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Please add graphic preset options. This will allow players to change all settings at once without adjusting everything individually.

Reactions: sigrace

sigrace

Dec 10, 2020
Just thought of another. Allow me to bind multiple keys to on action. Example, I want my draw weapon button to be both X and Z. I tend to accidentally hit one or the other and would just like to make it easier on myself.

On top of that, make it so I can bind mount and dismount separately. Nothings worse than fat fingering dismount when you're about to charge someone. (I know mounts aren't in yet, but I'm thinking a head.)

Reactions: PatWins

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
The user interface should be intuitive to play.

1) For example, now it is wildly annoying when, during the game, you accidentally call up the menu by pressing Z and you cannot quickly collapse the menu using the ESC key, you have to press the Escape first and then double-press the TAB key. and if this happens during a battle, then these movements are like death =)
1a) Also, when you call up the settings menu by pressing the ESC, then you cannot close the window by pressing the same ESC key, you have to press the cross in the upper right corner. What for?

2) You cannot customize the side quick access panels. Why are they only upright?

3) So why is there no way to save a preset to the quick access panel? This makes it easier to arrange items after death (after death you have to drag and drop items from your inventory back to the quick access bar all the time).

4) Why are there no sorting buttons in the inventory? Why is there no button to combine items in the inventory? Why to split the object need to press shift + right mouse button and not the left mouse button as in all games that exist?

5) Add an indicator of day and night, cold and warmth, for example hunger and satiety as it looks like in Kingdom Come Deliverance. as icons rather than stripes
5а) A compass can also be made in a fantasy medieval theme.
czjZTQh.png

6) After death and resurrection, the character opens a quick access panel. for what?

7) Please add the ability to eat food (or whatever the player can use from the inventory) and the like through keyboard shortcuts.
it is very inconvenient to open the inventory all the time in order to eat.

8) When adding arrows to the quick access panel, write the total number of arrows that are in the inventory. make it possible to add arrows to one quick access button. those, when the arrows from the quiver are completely used up, you just need to click on the icon on the quick panel again (to reload the quiver with arrows). I mean displaying arrows in one slot. when it comes to 0 you just have to click on the arrow icon to reload.
A1lS85u.png

9) Add the glow of the bag of loot after death. It takes a very long time to look for your bag in the grass after a massive battle. Only your bag!
Untitled-1.jpg

These are just those little things that are very striking and annoying.

@Henrik Nyström @Sebastian Persson

Last edited:

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Allow us to create folders within the crafting window for our preset recipes.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I can't remember if it's been suggested yet or not, but it would be nice if the combat log showed a breakdown of damage by type. So if you hit someone with a spiky mace, it shows you how much of the damage was Piercing and how much of the damage was Blunt.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
I can't remember if it's been suggested yet or not, but it would be nice if the combat log showed a breakdown of damage by type. So if you hit someone with a spiky mace, it shows you how much of the damage was Piercing and how much of the damage was Blunt.
Interesting. I like this one.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Quality of life patch is really important. All suggestion here are good I wish the DEV gonna take a look soon. The fact you have to press multiple key to close a window is probably very frustrating, they should fix that first and make sure the VOIP Mute system is updated before release or its gonna be a big mess on twitch.

Also its not really a quality life suggestion but I think they should write on the main page on steam that is not a Streaming Friendly game, that you have almost 100% chance of being stream snipe if you are popular. So at least they know a bit in what they are going into.( Its just a suggestion i dont really care)

Reactions: Svaar and PatWins

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
·I like the glowing loot bag after death idea - One should be in tune with ones own body.

·Canceling weapon draw would be nice - Too many times have I went for my bow, drew a melee weapon and had to sit through the animation.
·I hope someone, players/GMs can put up road signs up at some in the future - Possibly on "keep land" they would be indestructible.
·Stop making those little saplings act as snare traps - Personal request, jklol...

· I think herbology needs a "sixth sense" skill to find herbs - We cant use our sense of smell and I feel like Im sometimes walking over stuff I should smell and probably normally would be able to see in a "real environment" especially if I was a super sensitive herb gatherer.
·Baking on a baking stone should cook springbok I would think - Not really needed, seeing as cold prep is great once skilled up, but I think this is a thing (think George Forman Grill LOL)
·A way to purify water, IMO is doable for most seasoned adventurers. Could be done with a steam capture device - Quality of life because I know I also use water for softening the quarried rock and I'd like to know Im ingesting a better form of that water (I worry about my avatar). Maybe have the field purified water add a benefit like no poisoning.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
QOL suggestions:
-Graphics: Adjust long range shadow effects. Currently, at a great distance, there seems to be no shadows on the surface of objects (forests, mountains etc)
-Clouds /cloudbox could use some work, more specifically when viewed from a great height like up a mountain.
-updated water graphics/effects that look better/smoother would be appreciated

Thanks, sorry if this has been previously mentioned

Last edited:

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Please show our maximum carry/armor weight before incurring a movement/stamina penalty.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
1612071694694.png

But no seriously. Between Alchemy and Cooking I have nearly three banks jam packed with stuff that I can find uses for. When the real game comes along, I am going to be short anywhere between 10 to 11 more bank spaces if not even more than that once I have to store a second set of armor/weapons/coins (gold, silver, cuprum). The current banking system is a huge quality of life issue in a game where players need to understand that they should never carry more than they are willing to accept losing and to never be too greedy when gathering.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
View attachment 775

But no seriously. Between Alchemy and Cooking I have nearly three banks jam packed with stuff that I can find uses for. When the real game comes along, I am going to be short anywhere between 10 to 11 more bank spaces if not even more than that once I have to store a second set of armor/weapons/coins (gold, silver, cuprum). The current banking system is a huge quality of life issue in a game where players need to understand that they should never carry more than they are willing to accept losing and to never be too greedy when gathering.
even with bags it will be a mess without the option to upgrade your bank. dont let the backbone (PVE farmers) of MO behind.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
what bothers me most of the play time is the mouse cursor/window closing/opening behavior. TAB should close/open the UI and hide/unhide the cursor no matter what you clicked before. closing the main menu must hide the mouse cursor if the cursor was hidden before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svaar and PatWins