Public Opinion at Record Low

manure

May 7, 2022
Henrik claimed thieving means killing people and looting them. I can find you the quote from Robmo about that if you don't believe me.
You cant be serious man...

They dont actually think that.... There was Thieving on MO1... It has absolutely nothing to do with murdering people and dry looting them.

Hey ROBMO...Still waiting for your answer...

Are there plans to add thieving and lockpicking on this game or not ?

Tzone

May 16, 2021

They dont actually think that.... There was Thieving on MO1... It has absolutely nothing to do with murdering people and dry looting them.

What henrik said or says is not mutural to what he thinks.

• Haha
Reactions: Gnidex

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Robmo... Let us know ANYTHING about Thieving from "inside"... I havent heard any word on this from Henrik in like an eternity !
You probably know something,,,

I am sorry but I have no info

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If the majority of the players hated me, i'd be gone. It would be a no brainer for both myself and the company. You are assuming I'm calling out your "500" person alliance. I am not, I am talking about a small handful of people. Very loud group, but small.

Our policies have changed and some members of this group do not like those changes and stir up storms. With respect Tzone, you can only speak for yourself, not 500.

If you truly believe your words, then organize your big alliance and other to have me removed. I have other responsibilities in the company and I will not die if I step down. However, I stay because I am the one of the only people in the company that truly represents the players and fights for them on a DAILY basis. I realistically can only tell you what I do, but I don't see the point of me telling stories of my successes or failures as some may take that as some kind of ego trick.
I listen to feedback and so do the others in my company and I don't really see the evidence of "Robmo is hated". Prove me otherwise. We have thousands of active accounts.

ay Rob, it's yaboy.

I was playing an even smaller indie MMO recently and was reading their forums after I got bored of it. One of their few devs came in and he was basically upset and posted some crazy stuff like he was upset at certain things people said. It's obvious why, because their game was not being well received (similar situation, kind of?) but it looked really bad. It was in a thread I made, left for some weeks, and came back and it's like woahhh. Main idea, it's not a good look to ever step outside of no comment, never go at groups, and especially never mention people by name. It's bait anyway, probably.

You guys do need to fix the game tho haha. But remember, it's not in your job description to have to defend yourself and literally nothing you can do will be good enough. You're giving screen shot material. IF you are hated, it's more because you are in the tough position of having to tank for SV heh.

So yeah, the "I can't speak for that" is gooood. Other shit is just like, I dunno.

I hope it somehow gets worked out, but you need not stress over SV stuff, either. It's not even your place to defend a lot of the crap. But I hope you're bringing back the goodstuff to Big Hen.

Reactions: Teknique and Robmo

Mad Jugger

Aug 8, 2022

They most certainly said that, Robmo said thieving is when you kill someone and loot them, and breeding is taming and leveling your pet. He said it on reddit. I was very POed about that, because I joined the game thinking breeding was in it.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
They most certainly said that, Robmo said thieving is when you kill someone and loot them, and breeding is taming and leveling your pet. He said it on reddit. I was very POed about that, because I joined the game thinking breeding was in it.
Correction, Robmo only forwarded what Henrik said.
It's the CEO that should be blamed for most wtf moments with SV.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Correction, Robmo only forwarded what Henrik said.
It's the CEO that should be blamed for most wtf moments with SV.
Henrik talks too much.
People need to understand that he is a consumate hype man. He will sit there and talk all day about everything that “will be” in MO. Not because he is straight out lying, but because he truly believes that his game will one day have it all. He is basically just talking about everything he wants wants in the game.

Unfortunately between wishing and making it happen, there is a huge obstacle called reality. Henrik doesnt take that into account when he talks. In his mind, the game will have it all, tomorrow.

He is horrible at taming peoples expectations. He thrives at the opposite. And then everyone is pissed when he cant deliver, or delivers half finished stuff.

Reactions: Gnidex and Teknique

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Henrik talks too much.
People need to understand that he is a consumate hype man. He will sit there and talk all day about everything that “will be” in MO. Not because he is straight out lying, but because he truly believes that his game will one day have it all. He is basically just talking about everything he wants wants in the game.

Unfortunately between wishing and making it happen, there is a huge obstacle called reality. Henrik doesnt take that into account when he talks. In his mind, the game will have it all, tomorrow.

He is horrible at taming peoples expectations. He thrives at the opposite. And then everyone is pissed when he cant deliver, or delivers half finished stuff.

I've been around a lot of sandboxes and selling dreams is the whole point. The problem is, he is distracting from core problems. There are areas that would make everyone happy if they were improved. For instance, it would not take a long time to make combat considerably better. That would make everyone happier. Why haven't they done that? All they would do is change numbers. Change damages, change swing speed, change how parry/counter works. They could swap a bunch of numbers and put out a patch tomorrow with wildly different combat to try. Then get feedback.

I mean, TC was dog shit for months. It will probably be pretty bad even after UE5. They did major changes to UE thru public tests and hopefully it won't be a total disaster at launch. Yet, we're years in and they haven't had a combat test server up to actually make combat good.

Again, it bears repeating, it's never gonna be perfect or make everyone happy, but the way MO combat works is understood by all of us. Everything they could change would be within that 'frame.'

That would be the single most simple and most profitable change IN THE GAME. It could cover up so many of the flaws. Obviously, making it so people could pvp more (like if you get tagged by someone in a guild, their whole guild should be open pvp to you) / removing extra guards would be good, too, but fixing ground combat is the elephant in the room because as long as that is working somewhat, people will wanna play.

Don't out think yourself. Don't think about 1v3 or ping or anything just make combat good. Once combat is good, if you have small adjustments to make that might help lessen the effect of those things, then add them, if you don't, just let it be. The irony is the game seems more zergy and more pingy than it was. AND IT'S BAD.