Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Explain in comments)

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Channeling should be impacted from taking hits, but not completely canceled. Reduce the channel progress based upon damage dealt or a fixed number per hit and make the concentration skill + psych reduce this channeling 'knockback' proportionally so magic becomes something more predictable to both use and fight against.

Perhaps cap the total channeling time so spamming hits doesn't completely disable the mage and instead just reduces cast rate, but with predictability over the 40% chance to completely fail on every hit taken

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I feel the damage reduction should be linear like the damage bonus from INT for magic. But I do not want to see a toon with 60 psy just cancelling a spell because of RNGesus says so.

Reactions: Atom

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
I would add the possibility of 100% cancellation of the spell by hitting the shield.Why now, when you channeling, shield only knockback you, but not interriupt you?

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I would add the possibility of 100% cancellation of the spell by hitting the shield.Why now, when you channeling, shield only knockback you, but not interriupt you?
Any movement during spell casting cancels the cast. That includes being pushed or knocked.
I'm not aware of shield hits creating any knockback. Afaik it just counts like any other equipment hit and does reduced damage.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Any movement during spell casting cancels the cast. That includes being pushed or knocked.
I'm not aware of shield hits creating any knockback. Afaik it just counts like any other equipment hit and does reduced damage.
It's immediately obvious that you didn't beat the mages with a shield. Try it before you say anything! Knockback - this is not knockdown!

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
It's immediately obvious that you didn't beat the mages with a shield. Try it before you say anything! Knockback - this is not knockdown!
Well, no. I'm a mage and I wear a shield. Me and a few guildies tested the different hits to see how they interrupted my spells.
All headshots interrupt regardless of concentration.
Hits while on foot are subject to the RNG of concentration. Including equipment hits.
All hits on horseback interrupt with the tiniest of chances that they don't.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
Well, no. I'm a mage and I wear a shield. Me and a few guildies tested the different hits to see how they interrupted my spells.
All headshots interrupt regardless of concentration.
Hits while on foot are subject to the RNG of concentration. Including equipment hits.
All hits on horseback interrupt with the tiniest of chances that they don't.
I'm talking about the shield push, it does not cancel the channeling

D

Deleted member 44

I feel the damage reduction should be linear like the damage bonus from INT for magic. But I do not want to see a toon with 60 psy just cancelling a spell because of RNGesus says so.
I do

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Either help with the casting interrupt, or give more mana. Its ridiculous how fast a mage runs out of mana if he is wearing anything more than rags.

Reactions: Fromy and Atom

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
What I'm trying to achieve with this post is to encourage more build diversity, and out of all the attributes PSY is the most common dump stat. Giving it a bit more usefulnes would perhaps make it slightly more viable to go full mage. With enough PSY you better success casting spells even while someone is right on top of you, but you would have to commit to it in order to do so. Imo it wouldn't be op, it would just offer more choice, which is good for everyone.

Reactions: Melkhia and Atom

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What I'm trying to achieve with this post is to encourage more build diversity, and out of all the attributes PSY is the most common dump stat. Giving it a bit more usefulnes would perhaps make it slightly more viable to go full mage. With enough PSY you better success casting spells even while someone is right on top of you, but you would have to commit to it in order to do so. Imo it wouldn't be op, it would just offer more choice, which is good for everyone.

Surprisingly there is a lot of build diversity currently. In comparison to Mortal Online 1, where there was 3 viable builds and that is it, there is quite a bit of diversity. I mean humans are actually viable outside of being targets. Veela can use bows, and ogmhir are slow.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Channeling should be impacted from taking hits, but not completely canceled. Reduce the channel progress based upon damage dealt or a fixed number per hit and make the concentration skill + psych reduce this channeling 'knockback' proportionally so magic becomes something more predictable to both use and fight against.

Perhaps cap the total channeling time so spamming hits doesn't completely disable the mage and instead just reduces cast rate, but with predictability over the 40% chance to completely fail on every hit taken

In my limited experience of chasing magi around, it's actually pretty bitchy to put down a mage/hybrid and keep him from lesser healing. I def think channeling should be canceled by hits as much as it is. You don't want mages tanking and charging spells, trust me. You'd have like EQ bomb paladins n shite.

Other than that, I don't think I agree that psyche should raw cancel a spell w/ no input. It's kind of bizarre. If you made it so that you had to target slightly longer or something per the level of psyche, that would make more sense. Like your int v their psyche battle, but just that your psyche quashes out a spell is mad weird. MAHAHA UR MAGIC DOESN'T AFFECT ME!! If you're gonna go there, you should be able to spec your psyche to a point where you are immune to low end/spammy magic.

I agree w/ stuff like rng chance to dismount on hits, maybe rng chance (v low at max spec) for a spell to fizzle even if everything was done perfectly, but I can't really see how psyche could impact that without such a system already in place.

Reactions: CrgHck

Shadowmist

Dec 19, 2021
In my limited experience of chasing magi around, it's actually pretty bitchy to put down a mage/hybrid and keep him from lesser healing. I def think channeling should be canceled by hits as much as it is. You don't want mages tanking and charging spells, trust me. You'd have like EQ bomb paladins n shite.

Other than that, I don't think I agree that psyche should raw cancel a spell w/ no input. It's kind of bizarre. If you made it so that you had to target slightly longer or something per the level of psyche, that would make more sense. Like your int v their psyche battle, but just that your psyche quashes out a spell is mad weird. MAHAHA UR MAGIC DOESN'T AFFECT ME!! If you're gonna go there, you should be able to spec your psyche to a point where you are immune to low end/spammy magic.

I agree w/ stuff like rng chance to dismount on hits, maybe rng chance (v low at max spec) for a spell to fizzle even if everything was done perfectly, but I can't really see how psyche could impact that without such a system already in place.

I think regardless of how much you put into PSY there should still always be a chance to interrupt.

If I remember correctly, with full concentration there is a 40% chance to be interrupted, so let's say each point in PSY lowers the chance by an additional 0.2%.

10 PSY = 38% interrupt chance
125 PSY = 15% interrupt chance

Or something similar

Reactions: Belegar

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You already have concentration to make up for playing poorly as a mage. Just dont get hit. The only way a footy has to stop the damage you deal to them is to interupt. Mage is already extreamly strong with just ecumenical.

Reactions: Moored

Maladore

Jan 26, 2022
You already have concentration to make up for playing poorly as a mage. Just dont get hit. The only way a footy has to stop the damage you deal to them is to interupt. Mage is already extreamly strong with just ecumenical.
Tell me you don't play a mage without saying you don't play a mage.